Titanfall 2

I hope so. Game is worth supporting. Played some bf1 last night. Lol. Buggy and the guns are so spray n pray. Going to be a while until they fix it to my pleasure.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Yeah. Funny how this game launches so polished and with such a good SP and does not do as well as BF1. Timing and reputation counts for a lot it would seem.

like this
Still easier to find a game of TF2 than IW. However, that may not last long as I saw about 40 players playing Bounty Hunt on the European servers.

It took me 10-15 minutes to find a Domination group in IW.

Game could have scored a perfect 100 and I would not buy it. I was pretty pissed off at what I got in my TF1 purchase. Sometimes you cant win them back.

Game could have scored a perfect 100 and I would not buy it. I was pretty pissed off at what I got in my TF1 purchase. Sometimes you cant win them back.

That's too bad, man, because this is a damned good game.

Confirmation for my post earlier citing cynicism from the first game as one of the primary reasons for low player count...

like this
I really enjoyed tf1, I thought they did the game very well but there just wasn't enough variety to keep it interesting. But I got the game preordered for $40 and it was worth the money imo, will pick tf2 up on Black Friday if cheap enough

That sucks because i feel like respawn fixed everything they did wrong in Titanfall 1.

I can see it from his perspective, though. You'd probably feel like you're paying 2x the cost to get the game you should have gotten in the first place.

You see the same thing happen with Evolve. It went F2P, and you could even get founder's edition keys for like $10 and unlock everything, but it still failed. Gamers can be a once bitten, twice shy kind of crowd.

like this
That sucks because i feel like respawn fixed everything they did wrong in Titanfall 1.

You mean to tell me that Respawn patched in a server browser, released the dedicated server files and admin tools, enabled modding, included a pilot only mode with a 32 player cap and published the game on other distribution platforms!? Sign me the fuck up (y)

I am now not able to find many games on European servers. Can't even do 8v8 mixtape since all retards are playing Bounty Hunt only.
nuts.gif

I really enjoyed tf1, I thought they did the game very well but there just wasn't enough variety to keep it interesting. But I got the game preordered for $40 and it was worth the money imo, will pick tf2 up on Black Friday if cheap enough
I know the game just came out but a free weekend would do wonders. The price of entry is steep and yeah to echo what y'all have said, TF1 did turn a lot of people off.

I know the game just came out but a free weekend would do wonders. The price of entry is steep and yeah to echo what y'all have said, TF1 did turn a lot of people off.
Even adding a 10hour trial like they did for bf1 would be perfect.

Reactions: SoFGR
like this

It will take time for a lot of reasons not this specifically this game's fault but I expect TF2 to slowly gain ground and even win back some of the people understandably pissed from TF1.

I was interested in the first game - seemed pretty fun with mechs and nice movement - until I realized all weapons are basically machineguns and proper aiming was reduced to Battlefield style stop to shoot. This is absolutely unacceptable for me.

Now, I am not here to troll. Just wondering if things are the same in this game as well. Heard it has a great single player, too.

I was interested in the first game - seemed pretty fun with mechs and nice movement - until I realized all weapons are basically machineguns and proper aiming was reduced to Battlefield style stop to shoot. This is absolutely unacceptable for me.

Now, I am not here to troll. Just wondering if things are the same in this game as well. Heard it has a great single player, too.

Could be into subjective territory here but I can appreciate the gist of your complaint. My experiences with the weapons in 2...both SP and MP... no. I don't feel like everything is "just a machine gun." I tend to favor semi autos with scopes and things like that and those are different than an EMP pulser gun and super fast spray and pray type guns.

Could be into subjective territory here but I can appreciate the gist of your complaint. My experiences with the weapons in 2...both SP and MP... no. I don't feel like everything is "just a machine gun." I tend to favor semi autos with scopes and things like that and those are different than an EMP pulser gun and super fast spray and pray type guns.

I did feel like the weapons were different enough in Titanfall 1 but I get what you're saying. I feel like it is a bit more refined this time around, clearly delineating the assault rifles, smg's, shotguns, sniper rifles, pistols, and weird "grenadier" weapons. For example, the Sidewinder anti-titan weapon is now an anti-personnel mini missile launcher. The loadouts are a bit different: you have one primary and one secondary, and that's it. So you have to choose between a pistol as a secondary or anti-titan weapon. Like Overwatch, you are expected to hop classes within the match.

Spray and pray doesn't work too well, but within each weapon's effective range, you don't always need to ADS. Hip fire (especially with SMG and shotguns) is still pretty effective.

The more I look back on it, the single player has enough of the "wow" moments that I understand the praise. It remains in my top five FPS campaign gaming experiences.

I did feel like the weapons were different enough in Titanfall 1 but I get what you're saying. I feel like it is a bit more refined this time around, clearly delineating the assault rifles, smg's, shotguns, sniper rifles, pistols, and weird "grenadier" weapons. For example, the Sidewinder anti-titan weapon is now an anti-personnel mini missile launcher. The loadouts are a bit different: you have one primary and one secondary, and that's it. So you have to choose between a pistol as a secondary or anti-titan weapon. Like Overwatch, you are expected to hop classes within the match.

Spray and pray doesn't work too well, but within each weapon's effective range, you don't always need to ADS. Hip fire (especially with SMG and shotguns) is still pretty effective.

Agreed

The more I look back on it, the single player has enough of the "wow" moments that I understand the praise. It remains in my top five FPS campaign gaming experiences.

I really wasn't expecting the SP to be as good as this. I have to take my hat off in a major way and I want more where this came from and I'm willing to pay for it.

Walmart has the PC version for $29.99 today. Not sure if it is today only. I don't believe it is listed in the Black Friday ad, only XB1 and PS4.

Q&A: 'Titanfall 2' Creator on What Makes a Great Shooter and Launching Against 'Call of Duty'
http://www.glixel.com/interviews/qa-titanfall-2-creator-on-what-makes-a-great-shooter-w450709

Will you make another Titanfall game?
We don't know yet. The game is, critically, a huge success. We're really happy with all the reviews and the positive sentiment. Sales, it's too early to tell. We'd definitely like to tell more of the story and the universe. I think it's pretty safe to assume that we'll explore more of it. EA might have announced more. Devin?

[Devin Bennett, a publicist for Electronic Arts, interjects, "What we've said is we're committed to the franchise."]
So, whatever the fuck that means.

like this
Sales figures make the call and I'm betting there will be a third. SP campaign leaves a couple of threads open.

I'd say the SP took me about 8 hours on a somewhat thorough playthrough. It's fantastic and I simply there was much more of it.

The MP can be hit and miss but I've had some fun sessions and it's very different and a bit complement to a game like a BF1. The post release support will tell the tale and as we get the holidays with sales and all I expect more people to discover this.

This and BF1 leave COD: Infinite Warfare in the dust.

Wow, seems like everyone is on Attrition. What do people get out of playing TDM as a mode? Why is no one playing Amped Hardpoint. So difficult to get a game going now. Weekends are better.

The MP can be hit and miss but I've had some fun sessions and it's very different and a bit complement to a game like a BF1. The post release support will tell the tale and as we get the holidays with sales and all I expect more people to discover this.

Doubt it, anyone remotely interested in the MP is going to look at the population numbers (around 5,000 at the moment according to some on neogaf) and probably think its not worth buying given the probability of it being completely dead soon. Easy to fix IMHO, but unfortunately Respawn and its founders are far too arrogant to accept that they screwed the pooch.....again.

Wow, seems like everyone is on Attrition. What do people get out of playing TDM as a mode? Why is no one playing Amped Hardpoint. So difficult to get a game going now. Weekends are better.

Doubt it, anyone remotely interested in the MP is going to look at the population numbers (around 5,000 at the moment according to some on neogaf) and probably think its not worth buying given the probability of it being completely dead soon. Easy to fix IMHO, but unfortunately Respawn and its founders are far too arrogant to accept that they screwed the pooch.....again.

Everyone is playing Attrition because it's got things to shoot at and Bounty Hunt is way too brutal in terms of punishment for deaths. CTF and Amped Hardpoint are great modes that are just way too one-sided in unbalanced pub matches.

The game select screen is terrible and can easily be fixed but it seems to be a low priority item, not sure if it's arrogance or... whatever, really. Competing directly with BF1/CoD/R6/Overwatch is really taking its toll I think.

like this
too bad Origin doesn't have player charts like Steam to see how many active players are playing the game...I'm tempted to pick this up during the Black Friday $27 sale

too bad Origin doesn't have player charts like Steam to see how many active players are playing the game...I'm tempted to pick this up during the Black Friday $27 sale
Too bad there's no free weekend to get people to dip their toes in the water and try the game out.

I wonder if the attached singleplayer campaign is making it harder to do this than the first game.

This game is totally worth $27 !!!!!!! I paid 45$ and think it was a steal! The campaign is so fun.

Well BB has it on sale today for $32 or $27 after Gamer's Club. I would still wait to see what Origin does since you could return it if you don't like it.

Looks like Origin now has it for $39.99 and use coupon code Titan20 to get it for $31.99. Should still qualify for great game guarantee.

Looks like Origin now has it for $39.99 and use coupon code Titan20 to get it for $31.99. Should still qualify for great game guarantee.

$32 out of pocket for this? I have NO problems recommending it and with enthusiasm at that kind of price.

I'm gonna pick up the xbone version for $35 at least i know people will be playing for a while.

Back