Titanfall 2

Anyone playing this on a crossfire setup? My game locks up my entire PC when crossfire is enabled. I've tried every AMD driver since 10.3.

I got the first one for $10 and it was meh at best, this one was on sale today and I picked it up form everyone talking so highly about it here, just finished downloading it, will try it out tomorrow.

Just bought it and playing the campaign, it seems ok and not too linear, better than what I expected. At least the graphics look much better than the first game despite running on the Source engine, at least the devs did a rather god job at optimizing it.

I just hated the MP play for Titan Fall one it would be hard for me to have this game Free to Play let alone pay for another one.

Free multiplayer weekend this week. EA and Origin Access members get to play on November 30, while everyone else gets access December 2. First free DLC to be released December 3.

Is there anyway to turn off the grainy effect? super annoying

Yes the latest patch today added a grain filter, and increased FOV to 110.

Also this game is freaking awesome. Perhaps the single best story campaign since maybe HL2? Hard to think of anything that resembles a game like this. The campaign plays like a video game, and knows it. Most all other campaigns for games these days are too caught up in taking themselves too serious and lose sight of what they are. TF2 is a breath of fresh air in that regard.

The PC price can be had for $31 if you use the code TITAN20 in Origin at checkout too. I completely stopped playing BF1 because of this game, and really have no desire to go back.

Anyone looking for a serious A+ AAA shooter that packs a SP campaign that outshines the superb and refined MP.. well here you go guys. This game is the real deal, and defines a quality package through and through. I expect a lot of GOTY awards.

Nice patch. If only respawn used the brain to not release it at such a busy time of the year, this game would have had the PC community it deserves. Maybe free weekend will improve sales. I sure hope so.

I agree release timing is odd, but that has nothing to do with Respawn and everything to do with EA. I can only hope that people see through the fog of games like BF1 and other big brand releases this holiday. TF2 deserves hard earned money and gamers play time. I hope the community surges over time.

I agree release timing is odd, but that has nothing to do with Respawn and everything to do with EA. I can only hope that people see through the fog of games like BF1 and other big brand releases this holiday. TF2 deserves hard earned money and gamers play time. I hope the community surges over time.
Financial services firm Cowen & Company had this to say after dropping their sales estimate of Titanfall 2 from 9 million to 5 million:

We think the game got squeezed between Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. We suspect EA believed that by launching two shooters next to Call of Duty it could put a large dent in its biggest competitor, but instead EA appears to have wound up shooting its own foot off.

EA CEO Andrew Wilson countered the downgrade by saying releasing both BF1 and Titanfall 2 close together would give broad coverage of the genre, as both games cater to "different" audiences. He seemed to be implying that sales from one game wouldn't cannibalize the other.

Shooters are a giant category in our industry, $4.5 billion, there's a very broad and diverse set of players who are looking to fulfill different gameplay motivations. Some people play very quick play, some people play more strategic, some people want both in different context.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/titanfall-2-sales-will-be-substantially-disappoint/1100-6444884/

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
So where is this film grain slider that was supposedly introduced in the patch? I don't see it anywhere in the video options. At least they did get the FOV right.

We think the game got squeezed between Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. We suspect EA believed that by launching two shooters next to Call of Duty it could put a large dent in its biggest competitor, but instead EA appears to have wound up shooting its own foot off.

Anyone with more than two brain cells should have known this was a terrible idea.

Nice patch. If only respawn used the brain to not release it at such a busy time of the year, this game would have had the PC community it deserves. Maybe free weekend will improve sales. I sure hope so.
I can only speak to PC players, but CoD will be dead in no time, hopefully more people (myself included) will give TF2 a chance. I'm already over CoD myself and getting close to needing a serious break from BF1. Versus previous BF games, the WW1 setting and weapons have worn me out much faster, need a change of pace.

like this
I can only speak to PC players, but CoD will be dead in no time, hopefully more people (myself included) will give TF2 a chance. I'm already over CoD myself and getting close to needing a serious break from BF1. Versus previous BF games, the WW1 setting and weapons have worn me out much faster, need a change of pace.

This is me. BF1 just got boring with the WW1 guns...

TF2 when you get used to it reminds me of the fun I had with quake 3 back in the day.

like this
Anyone with more than two brain cells should have known this was a terrible idea.

Terrible for the company long term, but likely a 'great idea' for the executives and board members who like to have good looking quarters for share holders. Even if it means the game does worse then it should have; if it bolsters EA's sales numbers for this holiday shopping season quarter most dumbass shareholders will like the quarterly results they see.

I'm fairly confident this is why they pushed out TF2 along with BF1 at the same time. They simply want a good looking quarter. Long term success of the company and IP's be damned. None of the major equity holders of most companies give a shit if they ruin a company in the long term, they just want short term results.

Free weekend...c'mon guys! We aren't full of crap in here. ;)

This game is fun, the promise is there... the SP is awesome but yes, a bit too brief.... TRY IT! Put the hate on the shelf for a little while, even if you were burned by the first game. TRY IT!

Reactions: SoFGR
like this
So how do I download the patch? I still don't see a grain effect filter or "max" texture setting instead of insane

Where's the player health bar on the HUD? Am I just an idiot and missing it? (not talking about the Titan health bar, but when you're on foot)

Where's the player health bar on the HUD? Am I just an idiot and missing it? (not talking about the Titan health bar, but when you're on foot)

I don't think there is one. It's just rejuvenating health system like COD.

So how do I download the patch? I still don't see a grain effect filter or "max" texture setting instead of insane

I'm patched but even I don't see the grain filter. It's in the patch notes, so totally unsure about this. Maybe this is a console thing? I have no clue, I'm just guessing but I'm going to look more as well.

EA must have believed BF1 was something more than any other recent Battlefield game. A modern FPS using modern FPS mechanics (which are heavily leaning towards science fantasy) with a thin WWI veneer. The shtick gets real old, real fast, just like the last two attempts of reskinning Battlefield into something it is not.

Holy shit the campaign is amazing. Just played 2 solid hours felt like 15 minutes. Thorough tutorial without being one. This game is leaps and bounds better then TF1.

Anyone playing this on a crossfire setup? My game locks up my entire PC when crossfire is enabled. I've tried every AMD driver since 10.3.

Just FYI in case anyone else runs into this issue, I figure it out after trying everything I could think of. Turning off frame pacing in the AMD panel fixed the freezing issue, plays great now.

Grenade launching is a bit of a cheat since you can't die in the Gauntlet.

That said... sigh... I can't seem to consistently get speed off wallruns like that. I've hit 50+ a few times but never linking it all together. Much respect to speedrunners and people who can get this right.

World of Warcraft is starting to get a little crusty for me. Poking around for a new MP-FPS. For ~$30 I may pick this up. The player base hasn't fizzled out has it? Still active game? Last time I played TF1 there were like 11 people online.

World of Warcraft is starting to get a little crusty for me. Poking around for a new MP-FPS. For ~$30 I may pick this up. The player base hasn't fizzled out has it? Still active game? Last time I played TF1 there were like 11 people online.
I think there's still a moderately healthy playerbase. It's double XP weekend so it should be plenty populated.

It's been discussed on Reddit but the way they have the game modes set up, it's splitting the playerbase up too much for an already niche game. Bounty Hunt is pretty harsh on newbies. Attrition is where newer players should be in, you'll always have something to shoot at (and hopefully not die too much). The other modes, require a lot more advanced knowledge of game mechanics in order to enjoy fully.

mmk. I'll snag this game during lunch and start the download so its done when I get home. as far as the playerbase, its probably still 8 people per map. So as long as there is that maybe people playing, it should be good.

I just need something fresh. Been droning on in Warcraft for the past few weeks.

Download will be done by the time I get back home tonight. System is a bit dated, but "Can I Run It" says I meet the min req's. i5, 770, 16gb.

Fun game. I have to play on mute though. The sound crackling makes this game nearly unplayable. Setting my sound up as two channel helped, but it still stutters really badly.

Back