Titanfall 2

See KickAssCop's post above, the player base has already just about halved in less than a week. Matchmaking is a death sentence for any PC game with low starting population numbers, as wait times increase the more quickly people shelve the MP, which in turn further exacerbates wait times, and as the player base shrinks new users are less likely to buy it. Its a self reinforcing loop of doom, see how quickly Battlefront died and that had 5 times the starting population. The only developer that can get away with crap matchmaking on PC is Blizzard, for everyone else a conventional server browser and dedicated server model is the only sensible option if they want their game to survive longer than 6 months.

Matchmaking has absolutely nothing to do with player base lol.
If the game is shallow, boring, and/or the same as usual, nobody will play it or lose interest rapidly period.
MW2 had a very healthy playerbase on PC up until the next CoD released - and oh shit it had match making.

MW2 had the benefit of leveraging off the success of MW1, that's it, and people bought it en mass thinking it wouldn't make a difference. Of course no one can play it anymore because you will be sitting in a matchmaking lobby twiddling your thumbs whilst MW1 is still the most played CoD on PC.

So yes, it absolutely does impact the player base, otherwise TF1 would have had more than a pathetic pool of 1200 global players after a mere 9 months. LOL indeed.

Down to 8K players today. Hasn't been a week lol.

Was about to pick the game up but that statement worries me. I'm not looking for a year of solid multiplayer games, but I don't want the community to be dead in a month or two.

He got that time in the closed alpha where you were allowed different kit. I've gotten about 33 flat, which got me the achievement for being in the top three, can't see how to crack 30 seconds.

Doing CTF gets you going real fast. They changed some of the physics in the game and you can't gain as much speed as you used to off of wallruns. Bunny hopping also got changed and you can maintain momentum with a slide-hop but it's not quite the same. Might be for the better, heh.

The problem is that most maps aren't like the gauntlet. The maps are fucking horrible. I have mastered the slide hop, not because I love the mechanic, but because of all the open spaces and lack of parkour routes. It's like they fired the guy who made the TF1 maps and hired a guy who has never played titanfall in his life. Crash Sight, Complex, Homestead. These maps are fucking garbage.

Crash Site is pretty bad and one team can force the spawn of the other team into a corner with a killbox. The other ones aren't as bad; even Homestead, it has a lot of wide open spaces but it's usually not too bad.

The single player is really impressing me. The whole dynamic testing facility level was absolutely genius. Easily ranks up there with Half-Life IMO.
The platform being built into a house while you defended yourself from within it, and then later being transformed into an arena in real time was one of the coolest things I've seen in gaming!

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Single player is really good. I wish they would release more of it. I got my ass kicked last night. Have not played much and still am not comfortable with my settings and the speed and movement of this game. Really like how fast it is but not when I am tired lol.

like this
Single player is really good. I wish they would release more of it. I got my ass kicked last night. Have not played much and still am not comfortable with my settings and the speed and movement of this game. Really like how fast it is but not when I am tired lol.

Probably won't happen but I wish at least one DLC would go towards the SP side of the coin. It's good.

I think overall this game is pretty damned good. This is not "BF1 with mechs."

It's a nice complement and quite different in a lot of ways. Apples vs oranges.

The infantry movement and hit reg is the best I have seen since I don't know. Tribes? Early Cod?

Play mixtape and you will be surprised by the teamwork there. We ran into some good competition.

Really do not understand why people are not playing this more.

The infantry movement and hit reg is the best I have seen since I don't know. Tribes? Early Cod?

Play mixtape and you will be surprised by the teamwork there. We ran into some good competition.

Really do not understand why people are not playing this more.

I think it's a casualty of timing up against other releases, namely BF1.

It could be a perception issue as well: We've even seen in this thread where a chunk of people think the games are similar enough when they are really not.

Now we also have a new COD game that just came out, too, as you well know so I do hope this game gets some more attention and players because it really has potential.

A shame we can't get more games evenly spread out throughtout the year instead of this clump of games all at once in a 3-4 week period. That's silly.

The problem with both Titanfall and COD by experience on PC they die fast. I think most of us are just passing by, that and I personally don't like some of the changes I didn't ask for but that is just my personal opinion.

Matchmaking has absolutely nothing to do with player base lol.
If the game is shallow, boring, and/or the same as usual, nobody will play it or lose interest rapidly period.
MW2 had a very healthy playerbase on PC up until the next CoD released - and oh shit it had match making.

Actually it does in some part because there are people like me who don't buy the game because of it. I hate playlists. Why can't I pick my own maps and modes I want to play on? The closest example I can think to the playlist is the radio. There is a reason people listen to Spotify instead of their local radio.

MW2 had a healthy playerbase because many people bought it hoping IWNet wouldn't be as bad as we thought it would be. MW2 is why I started playing Battlefield and stopped playing COD.

I was playing Hardpoint? Not sure of the name. The one with the points you can amp. Like conquest. Only 263 ppl in my region but there are some damn good players around me apparently. We had a pretty good if new team and only went 2-2. Lost one by almost nothing.

I hate playlists. Why can't I pick my own maps and modes I want to play on?

Not only that, there is nothing more irritating than being repeatedly matched with the same group of retards who either don't know how to play or refuse to play as a team. With a proper server browser and dedicated servers I can simply migrate to another server, but with say Overwatch I have to quit and sit around twiddling my thumbs for 5 minutes before rejoining a game and even then more often that not I get matched with the same retards I was hoping to avoid.

If we can't have Half-Life 3, Titanfall 2 is certainly a good replacement. The single player is unbelievably good. So much variety, similar to HL2 in that sense. No single mission feels the same, and the action is spectacular throughout. Still haven't beaten it, but I have no doubt that this will go down as one of my favorite single player campaigns of all time. :)

fyqdXYe.jpg

A1gbSem.jpg

Enjoying this game. Much easier to find a match in this game than Infinite Warfare. Also better pings, better hit detection, better environments, better movement, better gameplay. Just all around a better game. Too bad it will be under shadow of BF and COD.
Only thing I found jarring was coming to play this game after a few rounds of IW and MWR and game felt SLOW. Was really surprised by that.

Damn... the more I play...the more impressed I am.

Folks, if you were turned off by part 1 for whatever reason? Forget it. See also those nice glowing reviews out there for this? They're true for the most part.

I'm hearing really good things about both the single player and MP in Titanfall 2...the only thing that concerns me is that I also hear that PC multiplayer numbers are really low...is it currently worth buying (mainly for MP)?

like this
We were doing 8v8 mixtape w no issues. Plenty of good games every time I play on the East Coast. Best if you have people to play with in MP. The competition level is pretty high. Not a lot of people but some really good players.

like this
We were doing 8v8 mixtape w no issues. Plenty of good games every time I play on the East Coast. Best if you have people to play with in MP. The competition level is pretty high. Not a lot of people but some really good players.

This is a fun game. Every time I fire it up I enjoy it and I'm impressed with it.

Yes, I agree. My son is doing the rounds in this one. He has gotten really good. I also did good. Wiped out the whole team of pilots within 60 seconds (6 kills) lol.
Game is just so good, so fluid. Some maps could use better design though. I am glad that new maps will be free.

As for players on PC, I only am seeing about 5K players but matchmaking is working for Bounty Hunt and Amped Hardpoint modes which are the only ones I care about.

That won't last. This is a much better game and I hope more people get on the train.
Word of mouth is pretty wild about this game right now, but despite those efforts there are always going to be people who 1. will not support or use the Origin platform or 2. carried over cynicism from the first game.

I just got this game last weekend and i really like the campaign. The match making seems to be getting better and i do enjoy the MP. I bought a new video card after getting the game so i can run it smoother on my ultra wide monitor.

I now understand where the HL2 comparisions in favor towards this come from. Unbelievable level design and scope. I'm in this factory going after my mech... not going to spoil it but...damn. Really impressive stuff.

I now understand where the HL2 comparisions in favor towards this come from. Unbelievable level design and scope. I'm in this factory going after my mech... not going to spoil it but...damn. Really impressive stuff.
It gets better.

like this
So tempting to get this game, it's getting good reviews and no season pass BS. I just don't really have any interest in the MP, and I hear the SP is pretty short.

Also, releasing it between BF1 and CoD:IW was pretty stupid and is apparently leading to low player counts.

So tempting to get this game, it's getting good reviews and no season pass BS. I just don't really have any interest in the MP, and I hear the SP is pretty short.

Also, releasing it between BF1 and CoD:IW was pretty stupid and is apparently leading to low player counts.
Yeah the timing is pretty poor and if you've got a decent pull to either BF1 or CoD (i.e. zombies, or a group you play with, etc.) then yes it's not that easy to jump on the Titanfall wagon.

The SP is definitely short, but it is a case of quality over quantity; and this was always a MP game anyway.

Right now the player count is decent enough. MP FPS is a hyper crowded market: we've got what, Overwatch, BF, CoD, and now Titanfall trying to make a case for players. It's a tough sell.

Wait until you see a price you like and then get it. You won't regret it when you do that. MP has tons of potential and I hope it gets more life.

Back