Titanfall 2

Fun game. I have to play on mute though. The sound crackling makes this game nearly unplayable. Setting my sound up as two channel helped, but it still stutters really badly.
Haven't heard of many issues with the audio, you may want to contact EA support and see if you can get it resolved.

Haven't heard of many issues with the audio, you may want to contact EA support and see if you can get it resolved.
I believe its due to my i5. It happens when my CPU usage jumps up; which happens a lot. I have the graphics on low/off and that helped. But it still crackles a bit.

Man, I'm so terrible at this game. If I get one kill in a round I'm doing good. I'm always last place on points. Frustrating.

Are you using motherboard audio? Could be the power surge causing static. I have a creative zx and a 2500K. Sound is fine even if the cpu hits the ceiling.

I believe its due to my i5. It happens when my CPU usage jumps up; which happens a lot. I have the graphics on low/off and that helped. But it still crackles a bit.

Man, I'm so terrible at this game. If I get one kill in a round I'm doing good. I'm always last place on points. Frustrating.
Have you played the singleplayer*? Movement is by far the most important skill - you have to wallrun, double jump, slide-hop, and so on, to really 1) get places, 2) engage, 3) escape. The biggest mistake is to play this like CoD/Battlefield with your boots on the ground.

Also, jumping right into MP is a hard way to learn.

* A lot of people/reviewers have found the singleplayer campaign to be a unique and enjoyable experience, but if you are in it for the MP then I can see why someone would skip it. I urge people to try it at least, especially if they are new or unfamiliar with the mechanics.

I started the SP. Meh. I wanted to jump into MP.

I get all the running and stuff. Need to work on sliding. Its got to be my aim. I don't live for .2 seconds when I see an enemy.

As for the audio, I have a sound card. I've swapped headphones, speakers, outputs, and everything. Still crackles/stutters on high loads like explosions n' stuff.

Its a fun game, but I can see why I don't play MP-FPS all that often. My heart rate gets going and I get pissed when I get nuked instantly. I get caught up in the mmk, one more win, mmk, 4th place, mmk 3rd place mode. Next thing you know I have 8h logged and my jaw hurts. haha

Alright. Played for 4.5h this morning. All losses. All last place. I have an overall KDR of .2. Finally won a game (last place of course) and called it. I don't know how people do it. I watch the death cams and I don't how they an keep their sites on me that accurately. I have to get extremely lucky to get a kill.

Anywho, I think I'm done MP-FPS. I don't have the skills to "git gud" like I'm often told. I'm guessing my CD key can't be offered to anyone, huh? Oh well.

I purchased it today. It's fun so far. I'm pretty sure though, there was either a super skilled player, or they have an aimbot. Not sure which.

Late to the party but I just picked this up for the SP only. My shiny new 1080ti is running this beautifully in glorious 4k. Really good looking game and lots of fun so far.

Alright. Played for 4.5h this morning. All losses. All last place. I have an overall KDR of .2. Finally won a game (last place of course) and called it. I don't know how people do it. I watch the death cams and I don't how they an keep their sites on me that accurately. I have to get extremely lucky to get a kill.

Anywho, I think I'm done MP-FPS. I don't have the skills to "git gud" like I'm often told. I'm guessing my CD key can't be offered to anyone, huh? Oh well.

I'm the same way. I have to keep saying to myself "take deep breaths" and "It's not if you win or lose, it's all about having fun"

That being said, I don't really find dying nearly instantly every time I peak around a corner very fun. I've just come to accept that myself, as well, will never "git gud" either.

I had a blast with the campaign though.

Late to the party but I just picked this up for the SP only. My shiny new 1080ti is running this beautifully in glorious 4k. Really good looking game and lots of fun so far.

It is.

Give the MP a whirl, too. I need to come back to this before long myself.

I bought this some time ago, likely because they went the free DLC route and I thought that they deserved money for taking a different approach. Anyway, I've seen multiplayer footage that looked awesome and decided to finally play the campaign and I'm certainly enjoying it. I don't yet know what the campaign story is, but it's getting filled in as I progress and playing the campaign is teaching me the game mechanics that I'll need to know if I decide to jump into an online game. I'm must glad that it's looking like a 10-hour campaign, because I recently played 40+ hours of Far Cry Primal and Mad Max (completing all quests, ignoring most radial quests) and those games didn't really need to be that long.

You can definitely see the Source engine in this game. Obviously, it's heavily modified, but the geometry that is reminiscent of Half-Life 2 shows through; makes me hope for HL3, but I'm just going to forget about that.

The controls in this game just feel good, I've not been playing any online competitive FPS games and somehow I'm able to get good shots in the campaign, maybe I need to see if there's aim assist. I'll check into that later, but I'm going to finish the campaign and then check into some online games.

Update: Just finished it the campaign, Origin says I played for 6 hours, I want to say I played longer than that, but it definitely wasn't a long campaign. Regardless, I enjoyed it because it wasn't longer than it needed to be.

Last edited:
I'm a bit sad (as I was about Titanfall 1) that the game ended up the same way on the PC - dwindling numbers, uneven skill, and too many game modes. While I definitely try to get as many people into the game as I can, I have to do so with this huge caveat that for most people who start playing MP, it will not be fun. Most matches are a straight up stomp, and the players who have been with this game since the beginning have a massive advantage (map knowledge, movement skill, titan/weapon upgrades).

Titanfall 2 Ultimate Edition still haven't picked this game up same price as the Standard edition on Origin.

I've been wanting to pick this game up as I hear the single player is really good...am waiting for the right price...

I'm a bit sad (as I was about Titanfall 1) that the game ended up the same way on the PC - dwindling numbers, uneven skill, and too many game modes. While I definitely try to get as many people into the game as I can, I have to do so with this huge caveat that for most people who start playing MP, it will not be fun. Most matches are a straight up stomp, and the players who have been with this game since the beginning have a massive advantage (map knowledge, movement skill, titan/weapon upgrades).

Yeah, that's why i went with the xbone vesrion.

Titanfall 2 Ultimate Edition still haven't picked this game up same price as the Standard edition on Origin.

I thought all DLC for this game was supposed to be free anyway? What's the idea behind an "Ultimate" edition?

I've been wanting to pick this game up as I hear the single player is really good...am waiting for the right price...

Its alright but honestly nothing remarkable, various people in this thread describing it as stellar are probably starved of decent FPS experiences given that most of what is released these days is hot garbage. The plot was uninspiring and generic, the gameplay exhibited nothing particularly innovative and the AI was predictably moronic. It gave me my pew pew fix for 6 hours, but other than that it was utterly forgettable. MP could have been great but as usual Respawn arrogantly learned nothing from Titanfail 1 and again insisted on console design philosophies that simply don't work for PC games, especially niche ones that start off with low population counts.

I thought all DLC for this game was supposed to be free anyway? What's the idea behind an "Ultimate" edition?

Just nonsense, its not going to significantly boost population numbers in any meaningful way.

It includes access to all of the content included with the original Digital Deluxe edition: Scorch and Ion Prime Titans; Deluxe Edition Warpaint for six Titans; Deluxe Edition Camo for all Titans, Pilots and Weapons; Deluxe Edition Nose Arts for six Titans, and a Deluxe Edition Callsign.
The Jump Start Pack is also included and unlocks all Titans. It also makes all Pilot tacticals available and comes with 500 tokens to unlock loadouts, cosmetics and gear, 10 Double XP tokens. It also includes the Underground R-201 Carbine Warpaint.

I still haven't started this back up after I couldn't jump through that tiny hole, lol.

I think it's about that time...

Its alright but honestly nothing remarkable, various people in this thread describing it as stellar are probably starved of decent FPS experiences given that most of what is released these days is hot garbage. The plot was uninspiring and generic, the gameplay exhibited nothing particularly innovative and the AI was predictably moronic. It gave me my pew pew fix for 6 hours, but other than that it was utterly forgettable. MP could have been great but as usual Respawn arrogantly learned nothing from Titanfail 1 and again insisted on console design philosophies that simply don't work for PC games, especially niche ones that start off with low population counts.

I hear 1 level in particular is pretty epic...I just looked up the name of the level- Effect and Cause...I don't know what happens in that level but everyone keeps raving about it...no spoilers please unless you want to spoiler code it

I hear 1 level in particular is pretty epic...I just looked up the name of the level- Effect and Cause...I don't know what happens in that level but everyone keeps raving about it...no spoilers please unless you want to spoiler code it

I would say, and this is full hindsight, that the pros outweigh the cons of the singleplayer campaign. There are levels that definitely had zero impact to my long term memory, but others that I recall very well. To each their own, really. I think previously I said I understand some of the gushing praise - as well as why it doesn't deserve it - but that's a subjective thing for which you will never get everyone to agree.

I leave it at this - I think it's worth playing, and personally I really liked it. And I'm not too starved for decent FPS experiences :)

MP is definitely TF|1 all over again.

Titanfall 2's horde mode brings warmth and teamwork to a brilliant if strangely forgettable FPS.
http://www.pcgamer.com/titanfall-2s...-to-a-brilliant-if-strangely-forgettable-fps/

They still say that Titanfall 2 is in the running for the best shooter out today and horde mode is a great addition to an already brilliant game.

Huh...I was just noticing that I had this installed still despite not playing it for a long time. Might have to jump back in.

Frontier Defense is a welcome return of the mode in TF|1 that is definitely improved - it's this weird MOBA in reverse, where your hero Pilots/Titans are defending against five waves of enemies. However, it's thinning out an already stretched thin player base.

Don't get me wrong - I really like that these new modes/maps keep coming (and the only pay-DLC is cosmetic).

I got to Wave 5 in Frontier Defense and the fucking game crashed. >_<

Pretty fun, though.

I got to Wave 5 in Frontier Defense and the fucking game crashed. >_<

Pretty fun, though.
Aegis upgrades are pretty fun, they provide something new.

The bad news is that it'll take forever to reach 24 with all six titans.

Yeah the leveling seems very slow. I played another game which actually completed this time.

Frontier Defense is a welcome return of the mode in TF|1 that is definitely improved - it's this weird MOBA in reverse, where your hero Pilots/Titans are defending against five waves of enemies. However, it's thinning out an already stretched thin player base.

Don't get me wrong - I really like that these new modes/maps keep coming (and the only pay-DLC is cosmetic).

Frontier Defense is the only mode I played in TF1. Since I got TF2 I've played it maybe twice. Something just seems.... meh about it.

EA to Acquire Respawn Entertainment
http://news.ea.com/press-release/company-news/ea-acquire-respawn-entertainment

Let us bow our heads for the dead. They did make some memorable games in their short time as an independent studio.

generate.php

Back