Is it really worth going to Window 10 from Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why not both? Why one or the other? Why limit choice?

At any rate when someone tries to flick scroll through something in Libre after all of that touch screen phone training they've been through and it simply doesn't work even on touch screen PC, good luck.

Because I believe both should be segregated and I do not, and do not have to, believe that Microsoft's decision to combine both is a good one. Obviously the developers of Libre Office feel the same way.

The fact that desktop software is not optimized for touch highlights the reason why combining mobile and desktop in the one OS is a bad idea, do Adobe make sure win32 Photoshop works under a touch environment?

do Adobe make sure win32 Photoshop works under a touch environment?

Well actually, yeah. At least in combination with a pen which is a very natural way to use that kind of app.

If you think about for a moment outside of your shell, look at the Chrome browser. Even it supports touch on desktop Linux on a Surface device and other touch capable PCs. There's no reason for common applications on any platform where supported and makes sense not to support perhaps the most common input method there is today.

You love to blast me over "my PCs" but hell even out the box the Chrome browser supports touch and touch capable PCs under desktop Linux. Hell there's even some support for VR under Linux. I just don't get your personal attacks on me about "my PCs" when even the OS you love clearly acknowledges the tech I reefer too.

You make it about the OS far too often and not about people.

Last edited:
If you think about for a moment outside of your shell, look at the Chrome browser. Even it supports touch on desktop Linux on a Surface device. There's no reason for common applications on any platform where is makes sense not to support perhaps the most common input method there is today.

As a Windows user I want my desktop to remain optimized for desktop use, I don't care for any mobile optimized interface at all and for that reason I give Windows 7 a tick of approval and give Windows 10 the big thumbs down. Of course others are entitled to their opinion.

Unlike you, because I want my experience to be purely a desktop one I don't view Libre Office not working correctly on a mobile device as a bad thing at all. I've never used Windows via it's touch interface and I'm not at all interested in doing so. No point arguing about it.

Looks at the thread Topic. Looks at the replies. Closed thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back