Intel 2004 Purchase Program

I'm tired of waiting, the longer it takes to get verified, the more and more I don't want it, and just want to build an AMD64 rig.

i like how intel offers these deals to get people to buy their products!!!!! Man, all we need now is some Dell deals.

ShepsCrook said:
I'm tired of waiting, the longer it takes to get verified, the more and more I don't want it, and just want to build an AMD64 rig.

Yeah...I'm just waiting for mine to arrive now and I still want to build an AMD 64 box.....damn too bad I didn't have any $$ when AMD had their retail deal a while ago.....stupid money....never have enough... :rolleyes:

Yeah. I missed out on the AMD one as well. But actually, I'm kinda glad I didn't get it. It was for a Socket 754 chip and board. I'd rather have 939

ShepsCrook said:
Yeah. I missed out on the AMD one as well. But actually, I'm kinda glad I didn't get it. It was for a Socket 754 chip and board. I'd rather have 939

Yeah, 939 would have been better but for the price I still wish I could have jumped on it.... a couple of my budds picked up the deal and it's a nice set up after you throw in 1 gig of good ram and a 6800gt....

anywho, once I do finally get this intel deal all put together it is going to rock....just damn expensive for the extra "parts" yah know?

I'm definitely set on getting a different motherboard for this so I don't have to get DDR2 ram and a PCI-E video card.

A little more then I want to spend right now. lol

ShepsCrook said:
I'm definitely set on getting a different motherboard for this so I don't have to get DDR2 ram and a PCI-E video card.

A little more then I want to spend right now. lol

Yeah, I put a lot of thought into that one myself but have decided to "just do it"..... it's been a while since I've upgraded so I need new ram and a new video card anyway.. (running an xp2100 with generic ddr ...too slow to even mention.... and a ti4400 oced to just past 4600 specs) ....even though I can't afford the upgrade I'm going to do it anyway... lol...it just may be a month or so before I get the whole thing together. Should be running a pretty fast box by christmas though. Hopefully over the next couple of weeks ddr2 will fall in price or somebody will run across a [H]ot deal...

I got the AMD bundle.....just too much to pass this deal up.

but damn...this sucks...I get transferred to LP...I have all thee points..hopefully my manager go along with it.

TheComputerguy said:
I got the AMD bundle.....just too much to pass this deal up.

but damn...this sucks...I get transferred to LP...I have all thee points..hopefully my manager go along with it.

The intel rep that verified my purchase didn't even ask what dept. I worked in. He just asked if I was employed. So maybe you won't have to worry abou it.

Keep your fingers crossed.

I wouldnt worry too much - Ive gotten intel's deal every year for four years - and never worked in the proper depts.

bran(d)muffin said:
compared to what i wanna do...the intel board cant do it...

since im ordering a GeForce 6600GT PCI-e for like 209 at newegg.com...and yes i know i can do better...but what i wanna do is do better. as in SLi the sucker...ordering two of em this week (400 bones... :-( ) but still thats for an SLI...trick is...the nVidia SLi MCP board is...??? dollars... but its cool...2 6600GT's SLi'd together... wonder if that will run Descent at a frame or two per second...

Somewhere I read that 2 6600GT's in SLI would perform worse than a single 6800GT... might check it out before purchasing. If it's true, I'd buy a 6800GT PCI-e now and wait for prices to drop, then get a second.

-SEAL

I'm just wondering if anyone has an "extra" set they'd sell. I just had a baby and am looking to save money anywhere i can. This sounds like a great deal (too bad I'm in the pharmaceuticals business not retail). Let me know. :rolleyes:

exrec said:
I'm just wondering if anyone has an "extra" set they'd sell. I just had a baby and am looking to save money anywhere i can. This sounds like a great deal (too bad I'm in the pharmaceuticals business not retail). Let me know. :rolleyes:

There are already several people selling their bundles on ebay and on the forums....it's just a matter of finding somebody that will get you a good deal on it. :) Perhaps a fellow [H] member could offer up a bundle for a good price..... Good luck.

Bob I agree. I won't spend the money on ebay as these people are asking almost as much as retail would be. Thanks for the response!!

hahaha That was funny.

Oooo maybe there can be some Emachine ones coming up! :D LOL

My wife's computer (PIII 500) is now clinically dead. All attempts to revive the processor and other components were futile. Again I ask if anyone has one of these "bundles" to sell please let me know. PM or email me if you would like.

I'm still waiting on verification. Then I need to figure out what I want to do with it.

Sweet.... my package just arrived!! Now if only I had the other parts to put the damn thing together....anybody got an extra $700 they wanna paypal me? Nobody? Yeah I don't either.... damn....lol here I go getting into just a 'bit more debt for the good of technology....damn computers... :D

Anyway here's a pic for those out there that are starting to think they may never see their bundle:

intelbundle.jpg

exrec said:
My wife's computer (PIII 500) is now clinically dead. All attempts to revive the processor and other components were futile. Again I ask if anyone has one of these "bundles" to sell please let me know. PM or email me if you would like.

That sucks. I wish I wasn't using mine. But sadly it is time for me to upgrade. You'll find something!!

bobwrong said:
Sweet.... my package just arrived!! Now if only I had the other parts to put the damn thing together....anybody got an extra $700 they wanna paypal me? Nobody? Yeah I don't either.... damn....lol here I go getting into just a 'bit more debt for the good of technology....damn computers... :D

Anyway here's a pic for those out there that are starting to think they may never see their bundle:

[IG]http://www.bobwrong.com/upload/images/intelbundle.jpg[/IMG]

You basterd! you die, you dies and go to HELL!

:( i want to be verifyed still :(
in within 30 min, of the start of the program, have 16,400 chips, and what do it get? NOTHING!!

dementer said:
You basterd! you die, you dies and go to HELL!

:( i want to be verifyed still :(
in within 30 min, of the start of the program, have 16,400 chips, and what do it get? NOTHING!!

bummer, I'm only at 10,025 chips and I signed up on the 23rd. Got verified on the 25th and ordered on the 29th. Seems I'm having good luck atm. Maybe I need to go buy a lotto ticket. :) :D :D

I've had the chips for a while. And I'm still waiting. Either my intel rep passed over me, or they are doing calls at random.

ShepsCrook said:
I've had the chips for a while. And I'm still waiting. Either my intel rep passed over me, or they are doing calls at random.

Yeah, it's hard to say how their making the calls because I didn't even hit 10000 chips until the 21st. The program launched on the 20th.... so I've gotten my stuff WAY before some people that where waiting for the deal to hit.

bobwrong said:

intelbundle.jpg

might want to blur our the cd, someone can zoom in and focus it and steal the cdkey off the top of the cd.. also your box had POPCORN? so not fair. Mine had clear airbags for shipping :p

falsexfate said:
might want to blur our the cd, someone can zoom in and focus it and steal the cdkey off the top of the cd.. also your box had POPCORN? so not fair. Mine had clear airbags for shipping :p

Good call! Thanks for the heads up. Though because I "optimized" the picture and compressed it down to a jpg I don't think any text at that level would be readable but just in case!!

yeah, popcorn for me.... yay! hehe

bobwrong said:
Good call! Thanks for the heads up. Though because I "optimized" the picture and compressed it down to a jpg I don't think any text at that level would be readable but just in case!!

yeah, popcorn for me.... yay! hehe

i guess since i was one of the first to recieve, they just threw anything they could in the box to get it out of the warehouse.

falsexfate said:
i guess since i was one of the first to recieve, they just threw anything they could in the box to get it out of the warehouse.

Yeah, you know they had some airbags laying around from something that had been shipped to them and it was easier to pack your stuff with them then it was to throw it away. haha.

bobwrong said:
Yeah, you know they had some airbags laying around from something that had been shipped to them and it was easier to pack your stuff with them then it was to throw it away. haha.

Yeah, will take pics tomorrow if somebody else doesn't. I'm too tired atm and I have to be at work in a few hours. hehe.

night all.

:( I'm one jealous %#*&_%@#()%*&_. I used to work at Best Buy a few years ago and did one of the retail edge programs. I got a 2.53 and motherboard with XP home. Was great back then. NOW, I'm SOL. No one wants to sell? :confused:

exrec said:
:( I'm one jealous %#*&_%@#()%*&_. I used to work at Best Buy a few years ago and did one of the retail edge programs. I got a 2.53 and motherboard with XP home. Was great back then. NOW, I'm SOL. No one wants to sell? :confused:

LOTS are selling....it's just finding one at a price that isn't a rip that is hard. good luck.

I was thinking about selling my 3.0c and AI7, along with the stock 915 board, and getting one of the 865 boards that support 775 processors. Are the mounting screws on the AS8 the same as the 478 holes, or are they different? Does anyone have any experiance with the AS8? I know some people say the board sucks, but for $80, it's hard to say no. I'd like to go to at least 3.8 on air with this processor. Otherwise, it's not worth the hassle. I could slap my custom phase change on it, but the holes are for socket 478. That's why I was wondering if the holes are the same.

Back