Intel 2004 Purchase Program

For those who are active IPD's going to the ICC (not the retail one) this years offer is this:

intel.jpg

Its an OK deal, the mobo is essentially free for the desktop kit.

The server kit has the new 800mhz FSB Xeons, not sure if its a good deal compared to an Opteron, but someone might like it.

convince your company to buy a server with these exact specs pocket the extra

Haha, I wish I could justify that type of server purchase. As it stands, the Asus 875 dual Xeon is pretty well about the most expensive thing I could get someone to buy.

After doing a little *data hacking* I managed to find the ordering site for the retail intel employees.

intelrtl.jpg

i am hopeing 12:01am....

i got 14910 points, and ranked 311 (got up to 96 at one point)

so i am good :)

GRR. I missed the last Intel EPP becuase they did not have my store number in their list. Now it seems I am going to miss this one becuase I am only at 5800 points. What a bummer.. :(

If anyone has extra chips for some crazy reason, let me know.. :)

Still not up @9am my time. Come on!

I don't think we can order right away - it says they have to verify employment before you can place an order. Wonder how long that will take? Now to find a good deal on DDR2 memory somewhere. Last time I looked newegg was the highest priced. Any ideas?

i have the points but im not sure i want to upgrade now.
i have last years bundle, and a rock solid system built on that.

i wanted to wait til next year maybe get a dual core procesor or move to an amd 64.
but its a good deal, Intel, you make me spend money...

The only thing that gets me is that I'll have to get new ram, and a PCI-E video card just to run this.

well even if we have to verify emp and all that...why do they have the flash intro stating that Oct20th is right around the corner...when we have passed the corner and are now at the middle of the block?

I'm wondering when it's going to happen. Starting to get a little ansy about the whole thing. I keep checking almost every hour on the hour.

well...sad thing is it aint up yet...but nice thing is...i work 2 to 930 tonight at Comp USSR so if it goes live and if they are ANYTHING like Microsoft...they will take a verification from your super or boss emailing them...so I'll have my super do that...funny thing is...is he is in the program himself...wonder what happens with that...he verifies himself? lol

ShepsCrook said:
The only thing that gets me is that I'll have to get new ram, and a PCI-E video card just to run this.

I am ordering an Abit AS8 to fix that problem 110 shiped from New Egg

ok, i don't think its even going to happen today wtf intel?

6:48PM CST, and still no site up :mad:

i want my bundle so I don't have to keep checking on it every 5 minutes

*sigh* this is what I miss about working at CompUSA - I wonder if I can still get in on it, what do you have to provide? The store manager and I are still good friends.

ITS UP and they have two quizzes worth 2000 points , and you can still reserve a bundle when you hit 10000 cuz im number 3123 to do it. Good luck guys!

I don't see where these 2000 point tests are. There was a new 500 point test about media center, that's it.

well one is a survey about how you found out about retailedge and stuff, i dont know why its not there, its on the front page when it says "you have earned your chips" and then has the media center quiz for 500 and for 1500 is like a survey

Those are for a total of 2000.

Well that 2000 put me up to the 7k mark. 4-6 weeks to verify employment --> Ouch.

Good luck everyone.. :)

ost said:
Those are for a total of 2000.

Well that 2000 put me up to the 7k mark. 4-6 weeks to verify employment --> Ouch.

Good luck everyone.. :)

me hopes to god and all that is holy that thats going to be one HELL of a lot less than 4-6 WEEKS

i got in abouts 20 min after it opened, and i am in the 10k club (now ranked 113th) so hopefully i will get verifyed soon...

dementer said:
me hopes to god and all that is holy that thats going to be one HELL of a lot less than 4-6 WEEKS

i got in abouts 20 min after it opened, and i am in the 10k club (now ranked 113th) so hopefully i will get verifyed soon...

i am numma 130.

you have to be a member of one of the god damn retail chains listed to get in. I work at a computer store that isn't on the list so I'm screwed because it is not one of the biggest in america. even though I can take all their training and crap, dam it

dementer said:
I am ordering an Abit AS8 to fix that problem 110 shiped from New Egg

yea,
but i dont think it will be a huge leap forward from what i have. i pretty much run the same rig as you now.

in any case, i just did it and i think im number 3427.

Verification time :(!

I hope my manager will say I am in the computer department.....yeah great stuff. Gotta talk her into saying Loss Prevention is close enough :)

Yup, it's up. Time for employment verification.

Retail Edge said:
Welcome to the 10k Club.

You are person number 81 to qualify for the 2004 purchase program!
Your Bundle has been reserved.

Stay tuned for the lowdown on the latest Purchase Program here on the Edge.

You have earned a total of 17775 Chips.
That makes you number 81 in the ranking of Chip collectors.

Understanding Your Ranking
Eligible Retail Edge members* who have earned at least 7,000 Chips are automatically entered into the 7k Club and qualify for participation in the 2004 Purchase Program.

Those who have earned at least 10,000 Chips are promoted to the 10k Club. The first 10,000 eligible members* to reach the 10k Club will each have a guaranteed opportunity to purchase one of 10,000 bundles.

* Eligible members must enroll in the 2004 Purchase Program when the program launches on October 20th to be considered for an opportunity to purchase a bundle. Participation is subject to employment verification with an eligible retailer.

Not that I'm complaining about this sweet deal, BUT...

I just sold most of my old components to begin building this computer. I have been waiting for a week and a half without a computer. And now... I have to wait 4 to 6 weeks for verification.... i HOPE it isn't really that long....

However, in the meantime, I get to stare at my new mobo (dfi lanparty 915 setup), with my new power supply, with my new uv light in my case... (and my window kit and x700 pro will be here on friday)

sigh...

hopefully it won't take long to get this processor.. in the mean time... anyone interested in an intel 915pbl board?

Last year it took them all of 3 days to verify my employment. I don't think it will take long.

Thanks for the info on past years EPP.

Why does everyone want to get rid of the intel board? I guess I don't see the reason to drop an extra 100+ on a mobo when the package comes with one.

If it is like last year some will have employment verified qiuckly while others will take a while and still others like my roomate will never be verified. Then it comes to actually purchasing the bundle, then shipping. From what I remember last year I wouldn't be terribly surprised if people were still waiting for their bundle to arrrive in December.

ost said:
Thanks for the info on past years EPP.

Why does everyone want to get rid of the intel board? I guess I don't see the reason to drop an extra 100+ on a mobo when the package comes with one.

because if not you need to drop another 400 for pci-e and ddr2

falsexfate said:
because if not you need to drop another 400 for pci-e and ddr2

Heh, I looked at the DFI 915p mentioned (pci-e) and forgot about other mobos..

I guess I should start looking into pci-e vid cards vrs my 9800pro for upgrade cost/benefit...

Thanks for the answer.

there is a real nice dfi mobo thats agp and ddr on newegg for 168, i might end up getting that.

compared to what i wanna do...the intel board cant do it...

since im ordering a GeForce 6600GT PCI-e for like 209 at newegg.com...and yes i know i can do better...but what i wanna do is do better. as in SLi the sucker...ordering two of em this week (400 bones... :-( ) but still thats for an SLI...trick is...the nVidia SLi MCP board is...??? dollars... but its cool...2 6600GT's SLi'd together... wonder if that will run Descent at a frame or two per second...

falsexfate said:
there is a real nice dfi mobo thats agp and ddr on newegg for 168, i might end up getting that.

what ram is that? THe ddr2 im getting is 1gb 533mhz dual channel (2x512MB at 533mhz)

As mentioned earlier, I got that mobo because it is ddr2 & ddr1 compatible as well as pci-e. The 6600gt as well as x700pro both perform really well price/performance.

also that dfi board looks sweet in black light (i can vouch for that :) )

Josiah said:
If it is like last year some will have employment verified qiuckly while others will take a while and still others like my roomate will never be verified. Then it comes to actually purchasing the bundle, then shipping. From what I remember last year I wouldn't be terribly surprised if people were still waiting for their bundle to arrrive in December.

i got verified in three days last year:), and then i waited for my bundle until end of january. so im gonna wait and not buy any kind of other hardware til i get my bundle first. :(

Congratulations Adam Simpson,

Your employment has been successfully verified in our second round re-verification. You're one of the lucky few who can now purchase the sweet Intel Purchase Program bundle.

Here is your purchase code: **********

Receiving this purchase code is not a guarantee that you will be able to purchase a bundle. All bundles are first come, first served. So don't waste any time. Follow the redemption instructions below.

To begin the process, visit the address listed below:

http://www.intel.com/shop/retailedge

Note: Codes must be redeemed by December 1st, 2003

Sincerely,

The Intel(R) Retail Edge Program Team

Got that in my box this afternoon and paid for it. kinda strange how it says "Note: Codes must be redeemed by December 1st, 2003"

Back