Intel 2004 Purchase Program

I am still waiting for verification. But I definitely got my 10k+. So I'm in.

I think we're going to see a lot of these on sale or for trade in the threads and on e-bay soon. lol

Personally, I am actually thinking about getting an AGP motherboard for this thing, that also takes DDR1. That way I only need to buy 1 thing which would be the board. Rather then 2 things, which would be Video card ($300+) and RAM ($200-$300).....

hmmmm....

ShepsCrook said:
I think we're going to see a lot of these on sale or for trade in the threads and on e-bay soon. lol

Personally, I am actually thinking about getting an AGP motherboard for this thing, that also takes DDR1. That way I only need to buy 1 thing which would be the board. Rather then 2 things, which would be Video card ($300+) and RAM ($200-$300).....

hmmmm....

check out the dfi one on newegg i posted above. It owns been reading reviews on it.

Scary thing is it costs almost as much as what we are paying for xp/cpu/mobo

It really sux that I am a member of the 10k club and since I lost my job, it is all for nothing. Not that I was planning on buying this, since I think last years deal is still strong and I didn't want to dump a ton of money into an upgrade. :mad:

teh stuff is in transit, got my tracking numbers today :) hopefully at midnight they will post so i can see when ill actually be getting this shit. It sucks that i have to wait another 2 weeks to get paid so i can afford to buy a new mobo :) one that is agp/ddr

Mine shipped too. I ordered last night and requested 2nd day air so hopefully I'll see it by Tuesday.

i can see why ya'all dont wanna drop the funds to upgrade...and sadly i wish i was in that boat... since i do NEED to upgrade...

current sys:

AthlonXP 2000+, MSI KT3-Ultra2-C MB
GeForce FX 5600 Ultra
768MB PC2700

So yeah...i guess i get to build a new sys with all that DDR2 and PCI-e goodness....oh well..at least my TV Tuner / Capture card and my Pioneer DVDBurner comes in the mail later today!!!

i just hope i get verified soon...i want this for the next SpokLAN...which is the Nov 15th...

bran(d)muffin said:
i can see why ya'all dont wanna drop the funds to upgrade...and sadly i wish i was in that boat... since i do NEED to upgrade...

current sys:

AthlonXP 2000+, MSI KT3-Ultra2-C MB
GeForce FX 5600 Ultra
768MB PC2700

So yeah...i guess i get to build a new sys with all that DDR2 and PCI-e goodness....oh well..at least my TV Tuner / Capture card and my Pioneer DVDBurner comes in the mail later today!!!

i just hope i get verified soon...i want this for the next SpokLAN...which is the Nov 15th...

I do want to upgrade, i just dont have the funds to do it. I dont even really have the funds for the $200 dollars, eventually ill move to pci-e/ddr2 there just isnt a big mid-range market for it yet

dementer said:
so what is the advantage of the DFI lanpart board (~$170 shiped, http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-136-148&depa=0)
over the Abit board? (~$104 shiped, http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-127-183&depa=0)

the only differance i can see is the audio is a bit differnt and it uses the 875 insted of the 865 chipset...
what is in it that is worth the extra $70?

thanks

ive heard really bad thigns about the abit, + on the dfi board they pushed a p4 540 to 4.11 on stock hs :) so image what our 550 can go to

Just got it today!!
shipped On Fri. the 22nd and i only paid for ground shipping.

I was in the top 100 of point earners and still haven't recieved any indication of verification. Sigh.

:( i am still waiting and a very sad panda :(

those who are verifyed, how long after it was posted did you get in?

I'm still waiting too. This is torture. Everyday I pray for contact from Intel.... I never thought I'd say that...

falsexfate said:
i was in 2nd round of verification. which was about 1 day and a half after maybe less

i got verified today midday. i put mine in within 2 hours of the intel site being up.

i wanna ask something

the board that comes with it, it will run fine with just one stick of ddr2 RAM right?

i am thinking of spreading the cost over several mothns, and getting a stick of ram now, then another matching one next month (for dual channel goodness), then ultimately a pciexpress video card after xmas, when the prices will hopefully be more decent.

i have a good setup on last years bundle, so it is not imperative to build now.

Yes, one stick of ram will be fine - but you will need a PCIE graphics card right away as there is no onboard video on this board.

Well, you technically don't NEED PCI-E graphics card right away to make this bundle work. You could go with a regular PCI video card. But of course, it wouldn't be all that powerful. Maybe an FX5200 or something like that. That's what I was thinking about doing until PCI-E cards come down in price. That or just selling the board and buying an AGP board for this setup.

But that's only IF and WHEN I get verified.

dblagent said:
Yes, one stick of ram will be fine - but you will need a PCIE graphics card right away as there is no onboard video on this board.
i have an old pci geforce card. this wont be my gaming rig until i get a pcie card later, when they are more available, and the prices come down a notch.

Dang - I never even thought of that. :rolleyes: Cheap PCI card might be what I need also. I can't believe I did not think of that! Thanks guys.

I hate the stupid DDR2 memory - there seem to be no gains from it and it's stinking expensive. Oh well....

hey i have an extra bundle from the amd 64 3200+, asus a8v deluxe mb deal. Aaaaaanyone want to swap.. i'd be willin to deal with someone...never been a big amd fan, not that they are bad, just don't know much about them
pm me if you are interested or email me at username (smartmoney) @ G mail . com

still...waiting...and i was within about 4 hours of the site being up...hopefully will be this week when i get verififed...that 2nd day air is starting to look REAL good...as i hope to have this by the 13th

Ya still waiting for my verification from Intel, I wonder if they have a system order they go with when it comes to the company you work for. Like company A sells more computers than company B. Also has anyone seen any good deals on ddr2 memory, the price is quite high right now, I have been checking the hotdeals section and have not seen to many deals.

wipeout833 said:
Ya still waiting for my verification from Intel, I wonder if they have a system order they go with when it comes to the company you work for. Like company A sells more computers than company B. Also has anyone seen any good deals on ddr2 memory, the price is quite high right now, I have been checking the hotdeals section and have not seen to many deals.

our intel rep happened to come by on moday and he had the list of all the names he had o confirm with our manager.
as far as ram, i hope kingston or onother compnay has something like last year in november/december, where they had a really good discount (somehow i think its connected to these retail bundles).

Just got my email from Intel. Time to order....damn now all I need is $1000 so I can get a new vid card and RAM....so close.....yet so far..... :D

andypnb said:
our intel rep happened to come by on moday and he had the list of all the names he had o confirm with our manager.
as far as ram, i hope kingston or onother compnay has something like last year in november/december, where they had a really good discount (somehow i think its connected to these retail bundles).

Hmmm, so if i contacted my intel rep they would verify me..

"Hey Steve, this is Jack from the Geek Squad at BBY Store #8........"

It's on it's way. Should arrive Monday...Tuesday at the latest....now back to hunting for a good deal on ddr2....damn anybody had any luck??

Dear Bobwrong,

Thank you for shopping with Shop Intel(SM)! We appreciate your business and
wanted to let you know that one or more items from your order have shipped.
Please read below for information on your shipment and how to track your
order online. Please be aware of our shipping terms and conditions as noted
at the end of this email message.

============================================================
ORDER SUMMARY

Order #: XXXXXXXX
Order Date: 10/29/2004
Order Subtotal: $849.00
Discount: ($650.00)
Total Tax: $14.68
Total Shipping: $9.00
Order Total: $222.68

============================================================
SHIPPED ITEMS
The items listed below have shipped from our warehouse. To see the progress
of your packages, visit http://www.shop-intel.com and click the "My Account"
link. PLEASE NOTE that tracking information may not be made available
by UPS until one to two business days following release of your items from
our warehouse. We've also included the status of any other items on your
order.

------------------------------------------------------------
Shipment xxxxx
------------------------------------------------------------

Date shipped: 10/29/2004
Shipping Method: UPS 2nd Day Air*
Tracking Number(s): 1Zxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Payment Method: Visa XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Im still awaiting my verification, a coworker at the store I work at got verified in 3 days and it's taking a bit longer for me :( Maybe cause he has more points and he's in the 10k club I dunno.. But yeah lots of weird things happen while workin at the Geek Squad ;)

loai said:
But yeah lots of weird things happen while workin at the Geek Squad ;)

What other werid things?
other than the daily question of, "are you wearing white socks?"

still...torture...esp when my tech manager got verified on the 20th...and my sales manager or i have not yet...

Back