BioShock Infinite

I'm expecting Nvidia to release new BioShock Infinite beta drivers tomorrow

seems to be the trend as of late; can't really complain though since Nvidia has done a great job addressing a lot of the game-breaking bugs recently, i.e...Tomb Raider

I also forgot how dated Bioshock looks. Doesn't seem like it was released so long ago but I guess it was 5 years ago...

I also forgot how dated Bioshock looks. Doesn't seem like it was released so long ago but I guess it was 5 years ago...

i feel the same way a little about mass effect, playing mass effect 1 right now. it feels visually aged not completely horrible and controls are clunky also.

Mass effect 2 on the other hand seems to have aged pretty well it still looks good. although i miss alot of the deeper gear options from mass effect 1 in 2. and actually prefer the unlimited ammo aspect with over heat in ME1 over the ammo hunt in mass effect 2.

i havnt played mass effect 3 yet (just got it free a few days ago from the simcity fiasco)

As far as I know Infinite's storyline is totally different from the first two games, right?

Yea im pretty sure there is no story continuation.
Unless there is a twist and we find out booker is actually project delta or something. :-O

Yea im pretty sure there is no story continuation...Unless there is a twist...

twist will be that the new flying city will sink into the ocean at the end of Infinite and form the early build of Rapture...

Your loss buddy. I won't try to convert you.

And only those who have finished the first game will understand why I typed what I did.

yeah i just couldnt get into the atmosphere/art direction and im not a big fan of single player fps's in general still havnt managed to finish farcry 3 yet

the only time i dont mind playing a single player fps is if its a really heavy story driven experience with alot of freedom and choice i have a feeling ME 3 is going to disspoint when i get to the end lol but it was free so what ever :D or alot of mods thrown in to alter the gameplay to where i want it.

I never finished 1 or 2. Played both about 80% through and stopped. I have gaming A.D.D.

same here buddy. I played about 20 hours of skyrim stopped and never played again...3 hours of dead space and repeat and 20 hours of fall out and nothing.

I beat the first. How important is the 2nd's story line?

I could just mention it requires GFWL and leave it at that or that the version in GWFL doesn't match the version on steam. I didn't like playing that game. Not BS2, getting BS2 to launch and not crash. If you played BS for any reason other than to shoot at stuff mindlessly you won't enjoy BS2. Plants vs Zombies has a deeper more fleshed out storyline. The ending is about as satisfying as acid-reflux. Oh, I didn't answer your question. 2k handed Bioshock 2 to a studio that makes multiplayer mappacks for other games. Neither KL or anyone at the original studio had anything to do with it. It shares nothing in common with the first one. It's just a rehash to make a couple bucks. You're missing more playing it.

The original was a interesting critique of Rand Libertarian-ism. BS2 is about some therapist taking over Rapture, but they had to sort of re-write some stuff because the first one leaves with the clear impression that the head guy went down with the ship as rapture corrupted but the sequel tries to rewrite it like the new badguy was an openly major player in the whole thing even though shes never mentioned once in the original. Problematically she doesn't seem to have a clear goal or plot. "I'm mean and vaguely Puritan GRRR." It's stupid, boring and repetitive. Since the original cast of characters doesn't have any part in this game there's no expansion to their stories. The Dialog is poor as well. This is very close to part of the list that tops with FarCry 2. The difference is someone wanted to make FarCry 2. BS2 is just a pathetic cash in.

Last edited:
My brother's impressions of the Xbox 360 version have been quite enlightening.

He was a huge fan of the first one , enjoyed the second but not as much as the first. He tells me its much more tuned like the first one was. Very tongue and cheek at times but also emotionally mature and focused as well.

I have to admit , I'm a bit excited to play this tomorrow.

Couldn't give less of a fuck about this game. It looks like another hyper-scripted, hyper-linear consolised piece of shit with horrible graphics.

PAR Review

No rating - he seems to enjoy it but doesn't gush over the game like he did with Tomb Raider. I get the impression that this game wants to be played a few times before it can really sink into your mind. I look forward to finding out.

Any mention of pc performance at max settings? Been looking but haven't found anything yet.

Adam Sessler's review is great, can't wait to play this game tonight.

Agreed. That review single-handedly makes me wants to play it. But I'm a sucker for Sessler. :D

I'm currently playing Bioshock 1. I'd say I'm about 75% complete maybe. I see all the negative comments about the 2nd game, but I'm going to try and trudge through it the best I can. By the time I'm done, Infinite should be on sale.

Yeah, I'm itching to play it. This is MY kind of game. I was familiar with Ayn Rand but I never dreamed her writing would influence a distropian society as it did in Bioshock. Hooked me like a starving fish.
Here it seems there is a complete society who history and truths are "cult teachings".
Cults are usually founded and lead by charismatic individuals who people believe and follow. Even if their truth claims are crazy in light of plain logic and historical facts; people will follow them.

This is going to be a great wrap-up to March and all the great titles that came out so far this year.

Well, Sessler can certainly sell you on a game. I'm going to have to get it. The characters and animationw do look really freaking awesome. I was falling for that chick just from the review footage lol

This is going to be a great wrap-up to March and all the great titles that came out so far this year.

Totally.

I'll be very unpleasantly surprised if this game isn't on a lot of our GOTY shortlists at the end of this admittedly very stocked up looking game year.

Is this going to be a perfect game? Of course not. Is the IGN review setup very suspect for this? Sure it is, but c'mon. If this game isn't an 8.5/10 absolute worse case scenario then something went TERRIBLY wrong somewhere and I just don't see that happening.

Going to get this later on as I'm just tired of shooters atm. Let me know how it is guys!

Trying to buy a Bioshock coupon from the for sale forum, this game looks to be epic.

usually if pcgamer gives it a good score its truly a good game.

i am excited

Not critical but the game's good. I never got the hate for it.

for me, it was that stupid "you have to record stuff" nonsense

"One of the most remarkable creative feats I have experienced" -- Sessler review

Just watched this the first half of this.. he doesn't really say much about the gameplay. While some of the graphics effects like lighting and shit look nice, the characters themselves look awful.

I'm curious to see if their promises will hold water that on the pc it will look great...

Also--after everything that has happened, it's surprising to me how many people are still pre ordering things.

Last edited:
I could just mention it requires GFWL and leave it at that or that the version in GWFL doesn't match the version on steam. I didn't like playing that game. Not BS2, getting BS2 to launch and not crash. If you played BS for any reason other than to shoot at stuff mindlessly you won't enjoy BS2. Plants vs Zombies has a deeper more fleshed out storyline. The ending is about as satisfying as acid-reflux. Oh, I didn't answer your question. 2k handed Bioshock 2 to a studio that makes multiplayer mappacks for other games. Neither KL or anyone at the original studio had anything to do with it. It shares nothing in common with the first one. It's just a rehash to make a couple bucks. You're missing more playing it.

The original was a interesting critique of Rand Libertarian-ism. BS2 is about some therapist taking over Rapture, but they had to sort of re-write some stuff because the first one leaves with the clear impression that the head guy went down with the ship as rapture corrupted but the sequel tries to rewrite it like the new badguy was an openly major player in the whole thing even though shes never mentioned once in the original. Problematically she doesn't seem to have a clear goal or plot. "I'm mean and vaguely Puritan GRRR." It's stupid, boring and repetitive. Since the original cast of characters doesn't have any part in this game there's no expansion to their stories. The Dialog is poor as well. This is very close to part of the list that tops with FarCry 2. The difference is someone wanted to make FarCry 2. BS2 is just a pathetic cash in.

Agreed 100%. I'm hoping this one will be much much better.

Back