BioShock Infinite

people complaining about free games ?

amd gave me this game, im not gonna whine cause it doesnt have a little preorder exclusive

Some of us bought the codes from people selling them to offset the cost of the GPUs. Either way, I paid about half retail for it so I'm not that torn up. It would have been nice (and essentially free) for AMD to include the general pre-order items, though.

Yeah .... for some reason people are getting rid of the never settle reloaded bundles cheap! I got my Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite coupon for $36 on ebay.

No key here yet, though it took them until one day before TR released to send me that one so I'm not super worried.

What was bad about Bioshock 2?
Only thing I see wrong with it is the recycled environment. I like Rapture enough that that isn't even a con to me.
But seriously, the gunplay in Bioshock 2 is better than a large portion of games being released to this day.
If it is on your 'top 5 worst games ever' list then you must have a pretty moronic opinion about what a game should be.

EDIT: Just noticed you stated Arma3 is your GOTY already. lol
Wouldn't have even wasted my time considering your opinion had I read that first.

i don't see what me liking arma has to do with anything. There is a reason that arma 2 and now the arma 3 alpha have been in the top 5 best sellers on steam for the past year you know.

the reason i didn't like bioshock 2 is because bioshock 1 was so badass. B2 was a cash grab created by a crappy dev. For me the story was terribly boring. I didn't care about the main character or his plight. the gun play was meh i could care less for the little girls. no wide screen support. and last but not least i hated the ending.

but i have an open mind toward infinity. i hope its going to be awesome. it has a lot of potential.

i don't see what me liking arma has to do with anything. There is a reason that arma 2 and now the arma 3 alpha have been in the top 5 best sellers on steam for the past year you know.

the reason i didn't like bioshock 2 is because bioshock 1 was so badass. B2 was a cash grab created by a crappy dev. For me the story was terribly boring. I didn't care about the main character or his plight. the gun play was meh i could care less for the little girls. no wide screen support. and last but not least i hated the ending.

but i have an open mind toward infinity. i hope its going to be awesome. it has a lot of potential.

yeah arma 3 is easily a GOTY contender. cant believe anybody would try to hate on arma 3 that shit is amazing, for mods alone its one of the best games available.

i agree with everything you said on B2 as well. i thought it was garbage, didnt compare to the first at all

the pre-order deals pretty much suck so it doesn't matter to me that it's not included with the AMD promo codes...the Industrial Revolution Pack just gives you some extra currency and lock picks...who cares...exclusive single player levels/content is the only pre-order content that matters

It always makes me a bit nervous when they announce review embargoes or exclusivity.

Hahahahaha IGN would put a good spin on the holocaust if they were paid enough. So their reviews don't have any weight with me.

embargo?...sounds like IGN just got a head start on Thursday night...the game is being released next Tuesday so I'm sure we will see the embargo lifted for everyone before then...if they held back on all reviews until after release then that would be more troublesome

depends on who is reviewing it for me.

i like greg miller reviews

Apparently GMG pre-orders get X:COM as well. It'd be nice if the AMD bundle ones did too, but I'm not holding my breath.

Still haven't gotten my key from them, either.

Apparently GMG pre-orders get X:COM as well. It'd be nice if the AMD bundle ones did too, but I'm not holding my breath.

Still haven't gotten my key from them, either.

me either, I am about to send an email.

BioShock Infinite is my most anticipated game of 2013 and one of only a handful which I plan to buy on Day 1 (Crysis 3, Metro: Last Light and Tomb Raider being the others)

same here. Can't wait... it looks epic

IGN's review is up. Keep in mind this is Xbox360/PS3 review but he did mention this...

The PC version, as run on mid-range hardware, makes no such visual compromises, with gorgeous high-resolution textures, detailed faces, and smooth performance.

Overall SP campaign completion between 10-15 hrs.

Final score......drumroll please........9.4

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/22/bioshock-infinite-xbox-360ps3-review

Last edited:
IGN video review (PC version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_lLSOkZRgc

Sounds good, the only negative really was that he said the middle of the game felt a little "padded" out.

PC version supports higher textures/runs better, plus swapping weapons and things isn't an issue like on consoles where you have to pause the gameplay to switch out more then two weapons.

Now factoring that IGN got the exclusive privilege of reviewing it 5 days before all other gaming sites, how serious can we take that 9.4?

Disturbing trend that has all the other review sites up in arms over this title, I do hope the game's good in any case.

IGN's review is up. Keep in mind this is Xbox360/PS3 review but he did mention this...

The PC version, as run on mid-range hardware, makes no such visual compromises, with gorgeous high-resolution textures, detailed faces, and smooth performance.

Overall SP campaign completion between 10-15 hrs.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/22/bioshock-infinite-xbox-360ps3-review

IGN lost all credibility when they gave Sim City a 7. They have no idea what they're doing unless theres a bunch of dollar signs in front of it.

IGN is the journalistic equivalent of EA at this point.

IGN lost all credibility when they gave Sim City a 7. They have no idea what they're doing unless theres a bunch of dollar signs in front of it.

The game itself isn't terrible, it has bugs and things , but it's fun when ti's working ok.

As good as Sim city 4? No, but a decent game that could pass for a 7 if not counting against all the DRM and backlash.

Completely lost interest in the first bioshock and never finished it. It seemed to drag on forever (aka Feeling a bit padded in the middle) and lost focus with the story because all i remember doing was killing way too many splicers that never would shut the hell up with the screaming. It's "brilliance" i guess was to hidden to me... im finding system shock just plain awesome though even with its awkward controls.

This game has had a huge ad campaign it's like there was a article every other day about the it for 4 months. IGN's reviews look like full page adds to me and they tend to feed off of hype. To me they are the biggest and least trust worthy review site out there. I'll wait for more reviews until i decide whether or not to just sell off my amd key.

Reviews are opinions.. None of them have credibility lol.

Completely lost interest in the first bioshock and never finished it. It seemed to drag on forever (aka Feeling a bit padded in the middle) and lost focus with the story because all i remember doing was killing way too many splicers that never would shut the hell up with the screaming. It's "brilliance" i guess was to hidden to me... im finding system shock just plain awesome though even with its awkward controls.

This game has had a huge ad campaign it's like there was a article every other day about the it for 4 months. IGN's reviews look like full page adds to me and they tend to feed off of hype. To me they are the biggest and least trust worthy review site out there. I'll wait for more reviews until i decide whether or not to just sell off my amd key.

Depends on what kind of player you are. Some folks won't noticed details in a game world and just look for the next thing to shoot. I absolutely loved the tone and art style when it came out. Killing splicers was just a bonus. The ending was garbage I will give you that.

IGN. is dead to me since they gave the COD that came out around the same time as bf3 a better score in sound and graphics than bf3.

IGN. is dead to me since they gave the COD that came out around the same time as bf3 a better score in sound and graphics than bf3.

LOL they did? Oh shit. Well then never mind. I will sell/trade my code whenever it bothers to show up.

LOL they did? Oh shit. Well then never mind. I will sell/trade my code whenever it bothers to show up.

not sure if your serious. but if you are i would hold onto it infinite has potential to be really kick ass.

As someone who worked on the game for a bit as part of an internship, I suppose I have a bit of bias, but ruling the game out because IGN gave some other shit game an awkward score?

Especially when it's a great IP like Bioshock, and the premise, obviously for everyone who did not take part in creating it, just SOUNDS bad ass itself.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ. So this is where we all are now.

10-15 hours sounds alright...honestly I would have expected more from a Bioshock game, but I guess this is much more action-oriented so it should be okay.

10-15 hours sounds alright...honestly I would have expected more from a Bioshock game, but I guess this is much more action-oriented so it should be okay.

And then there's the day one season pass for DLC, which at $19.99 for "three addons" makes it seem like they'll be short or it'll be one expansion of the campaign while the other two addons are weapons/characters .

I guess the whole "season pass" thing really is status quo now and every big game coming out is going to have it in some form.

I'm a little surprised the IGN reviewer could even speak clearly considering how hard he was choking on Ken Lavine's...well...you know.

It looks like a great game to be sure, but he's talking about how it's the "savior" of the FPS genre...did the FPS genre need a savior? Just because there are shitty generic shooters doesn't mean there aren't also amazing, unique ones.

As someone who worked on the game for a bit as part of an internship, I suppose I have a bit of bias, but ruling the game out because IGN gave some other shit game an awkward score?

Especially when it's a great IP like Bioshock, and the premise, obviously for everyone who did not take part in creating it, just SOUNDS bad ass itself.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ. So this is where we all are now.

I rule out IGN and their reviews. The game itself might be good despite their shitty journalism.

And then there's the day one season pass for DLC, which at $19.99 for "three addons" makes it seem like they'll be short or it'll be one expansion of the campaign while the other two addons are weapons/characters .

I guess the whole "season pass" thing really is status quo now and every big game coming out is going to have it in some form.

This shit is making me sick. So you want me pre purchase your game, and then turn right around and give you another 20.00 for content I have not even seen yet? All in the hopes that it's good.

Back