BioShock Infinite

hopefully its better then the second one. i thought the first was amazing. second was shitty imo

Irrational is making Infinite where as 2K Marin/China/Arkane made the 2nd one. I don't have any reservations at all about Infinite,
I'd be willing to bet that it and Tomb Raider are going to be be duking it out for GOTY

hmm, i'll wait to see. the first one was kinda interesting, i enjoyed, but it was pretty retarded. i played once, did the good ending, and tossed the dvd into the trashcan after i finished. the second one went through the same destiny after 30min of gameplay, that fucking thing.

Hey now. ArmA 3 is supposed to come out in the final version this year... ;)

A3 is already my game of the year.

but i was so turned off by bioshock 2, which made my top 5 worst games ever made list.

So i am going to hold off and wait for you lot to review it.

but i was so turned off by bioshock 2, which made my top 5 worst games ever made list.

Bio2 was a different developer than Bio1 and Infinite.

I apologize I know I'm gonna sound off-base and a complete dick when I say this but I was just watching the latest BSI trailer and while it looks very original in setting I have I have to say it looks like every other generic action hero game to me. I'm a little disappointed. I'm sure I'll still buy it but I'm feeling less than optimistic here.

http://youtu.be/8sgARUJcylA

I apologize I know I'm gonna sound off-base and a complete dick when I say this but I was just watching the latest BSI trailer and while it looks very original in setting I have I have to say it looks like every other generic action hero game to me. I'm a little disappointed. I'm sure I'll still buy it but I'm feeling less than optimistic here.

yep your a dick we all hate you now;)

the fact that they moved away from Rapture is what makes this game so interesting to me...they created a whole new world...Rapture was getting stale and it would have been the same old stuff repeated again...I give them credit for thinking outside the box...plus Ken Levine, the genius himself, is back as creative director

BioShock Infinite will be like the first game where it's mostly about the story and the world...the very definition of story driven gameplay...I'm expecting another classic

I agree with you to some extent. Rapture was an awesome setting but not a place they should have ever gone back to. The whole point of rapture was that it was unique, some place that no one knew about...a reclusive existence for some of the worlds brightest minds. It's a tough idea to rehash into something else.

I think the setting looks awesome, but I share piscian18's concerns about it looking kind of like a "generic action hero game", as I stated before.

the fact that they moved away from Rapture is what makes this game so interesting to me...they created a whole new world...Rapture was getting stale and it would have been the same old stuff repeated again...I give them credit for thinking outside the box...plus Ken Levine, the genius himself, is back as creative director

BioShock Infinite will be like the first game where it's mostly about the story and the world...the very definition of story driven gameplay...I'm expecting another classic

Im pretty much hoping this is correct. Its what Im thinking too. Although it carries the Bioshock name, the whole game is new.

Thinking it will be worth the price of admission.,

I think the setting looks awesome, but I share piscian18's concerns about it looking kind of like a "generic action hero game", as I stated before.

Yeah I mean the setting looks pretty neat though I think bright and colorful is easier to do than dark and scary. I just remember seeing the official cover and gritting my teeth and now this new trailer "I've got a price to pay HURR. I'm passive aggressive HURR" I'm like ok wolverine or the guy from farcry or cod of duty or whatever you can have other emotions you know. If they're gonna do this then I wished they'd just go ahead and have Bruce Campbell do the voice and make him a bumbling idiot. Now that I'd pre-order.(insert nathan fillion for those too young to know who I'm yammering about.)

I'll be that guy and parrot critics who say gordon froman always comes off more enticing to play because the odds are always overwhelming and you're just a nerd from lab section 7-b. I'm not limiting it to him theres tons of interesting architypes. Remembering Prey? Now that shit was original. Bioshock 1 had an interesting concept in that you really had no idea why you were there but something pulled you along mentally and questions just kept getting more insistent along the way. It was a deep game. That it was an excellent critique of the weaknesses in no compromise Libertarianism.

Look I'm sure it'll be fine. The trailer just gave me personally a bit of a Ho-hum :eek: feeling.

Personally, I think it will be a fun game and worth playing. I'm just not sure how much like the first Bioshock it's really going to be. The main issue is that Bioshock was set in a very tight, claustrophobic environment, whereas this seems to be MUCH more open and combat-oriented.

I don't understand how anyone can call this game a generic shooter :confused:

the game looks totally unlike anything I've ever played before...just because you get to shoot a gun doesn't make it a generic shooter...in that case any FPS game ever created is generic

so since this game takes place prior to the events of the first BioShock will the end of Infinite bring the destruction of this flying city which in turn sinks to the bottom of the ocean and creates Rapture??...interesting theory I say

Maybe "generic" is the wrong word, but I think it's unarguably much more action-oriented than the first game. Hard to say if that's good or bad at this point, though.

I don't understand how anyone can call this game a generic shooter :confused:

the game looks totally unlike anything I've ever played before...just because you get to shoot a gun doesn't make it a generic shooter...in that case any FPS game ever created is generic

so since this game takes place prior to the events of the first BioShock will the end of Infinite bring the destruction of this flying city which in turn sinks to the bottom of the ocean and creates Rapture??...interesting theory I say

We already know how Rapture was created.

Maybe "generic" is the wrong word, but I think it's unarguably much more action-oriented than the first game. Hard to say if that's good or bad at this point, though.

Bioshock 1 was supposed to be a spiritual successor to System Shock 2, which it failed at. It was still a decent game, but nothing like SS2. They decided with Infinite that they were creating an entirely different setting and theme compared to either. It does look a lot more like an action hero type game than the previous iterations.

We already know how Rapture was created.

maybe we only think we know but the events of Infinite will shed a different light on things...we only know of Rapture's history from Andrew Ryan's perspective...I don't think it's an accident that Infinite takes place 20+ years before the creation of Rapture...I sense a connection

Having worked on this in the physics department for my internship (mentioned previously in other threads), I can say that I'm very excited for the final release of this. I've missed SEVERAL revisions of the overall code and hopefully it doesn't stray too far from what I was used to working on/playing way back then.

For me personally, the first two were great games, but this one will just blow them out of the water, it's just a more "real" (however people define that nowadays) and gritty experience.

This'll be a great game, no doubt. It just felt GOOD to play, and of course, work on. Looking forward to a great year of games in 2013.

Really kinda surprised this game hasn't yet hit all the pre-order rewards on Steam. Maybe the goal is set too high? Resident Evil 6 met all of its goals and I don't even have high expectations for that game so the rewards goal must have been fairly low in comparison.

I wonder if the keys from the AMD Reloaded bundle have the Industrial Revolution thing? I was disappointed that the Tomb Raider key had none of the pre-order bonuses at all.

I wonder if the keys from the AMD Reloaded bundle have the Industrial Revolution thing? I was disappointed that the Tomb Raider key had none of the pre-order bonuses at all.

Sorry it wont, the key isn't considered a preorder. I hope we still get bioshock 1 though, I know the console players will be getting it for free with BI.

Really kinda surprised this game hasn't yet hit all the pre-order rewards on Steam. Maybe the goal is set too high? Resident Evil 6 met all of its goals and I don't even have high expectations for that game so the rewards goal must have been fairly low in comparison.

There are a quite a few preorder offers for Infinite right now through multiple e-tailers. GMG is competing hard with Steam as they offer $15 credit or $14 cash back plus 2 additional games. I would pre-order through Steam just to turn around and sell those stupid TF2 hats a year or so from now for $50, but I've locked up and Ultimate Songbird edition from Amazon which has been sold out for PC since October 2012.

People like me preordered physical collector's editions and the like a while back so that's why that Steam reward thing hasn't moved up as fast as one might expect.

This is going to be a great game. I'll be VERY surprised if it's not on my GOTY shortlist by year's end.

This is going to be a great game. I'll be VERY surprised if it's not on my GOTY shortlist by year's end.

Not trying to say it's going to be bad, because I hope it's good, but...

The same thing has been said before (DA2, SimCity, D3, and the list goes on and on and on and on).

If BI comes out and needs a widescreen mod like B1 and B2 needed, I'll be pissed (but not surprised).

FYI...AMD Never Settle keys have been released...watch your emails/check your spam boxes folks...got mine this morning at 7 AM.

That thing seems like a load of made up anyway. It seems all "behind" so more people preorder (notice they don't give numbers), then everyone harasses everyone to preorder so they get more stuff... Even if 3 people preordered it would probably make it...:D

Hmm... my key didn't show up. I wonder how long it will take.

Did you register the code from the scratch off card on AMD's website, i had registered mine about a month ago the Tomb Raider/Bioshock bundle)......just make sure your email provider didn't mark the message as spam and put it in a spam/junk folder.

Hmm... my key didn't show up. I wonder how long it will take.

just email them if you dont have it at the end of the week, they have been failing on deliveries i had to email to get my tomb raider code.

What was bad about Bioshock 2?
Only thing I see wrong with it is the recycled environment. I like Rapture enough that that isn't even a con to me.
But seriously, the gunplay in Bioshock 2 is better than a large portion of games being released to this day.
If it is on your 'top 5 worst games ever' list then you must have a pretty moronic opinion about what a game should be.

EDIT: Just noticed you stated Arma3 is your GOTY already. lol
Wouldn't have even wasted my time considering your opinion had I read that first.

The lack of widescreen in Bio 2 was a killer until it got fixed. Other than that, I just realized that I never completed more than 10% of that game. Hmm.

Well, let's hope the new one is interesting and not too bugged out.

I'm going to be really frustrated if the AMD keys don't enable the pre-order content/DLC etc... if someone registers a key prior to launch, it should by definition be a "pre-order". Likewise, the crap with Tomb Raider was really frustrating - I sent proof of my Tomb Raider key to their Scavenger Hunt address in the hopes of unlocking that DLC and they told me "Sorry, AMD keys don't count".

It is frustrating enough that in-game content these days is restricted based on where, when, or what version of the game you get, but this is another level of frustration. If AMD made these deals to add value to their GFX card offers, they should damn well hash things out like ensuring that users get all the benefits of "pre-ordering" it and/or unlocking "the best version" of the game, lest they be denied in-game content.

I just redeemed my AMD key and it did not appear to unlock any of the steam exclusive preorder bonuses. As for the industrial revolution bonus, I have no way of checking at this moment in time.

I doubt it will. Kind of bullshit of AMD if you ask me, but for the price I paid for the codes I can't complain too much.

people complaining about free games ?

amd gave me this game, im not gonna whine cause it doesnt have a little preorder exclusive

Back