Warhammer Online Thread!

I have heard 1/29 is a major news update, but they need to release info quick, before the ship totally sinks to the bottom. This game needs major new content still, and plenty of bugs still need to be addressed..

Well the package i got from mythic yesterday http://asuryanflame.blogspot.com/ is saying that it will be brought in over valentines day. Yes it will be the choppa and almost certainly the slayer.

Overall the game has improved. Those wanting more PVE will get it in the near future when the other two major cities are brought online. That should add at least 4 more PVE instances to romp through. I think that PVE still needs some work, but it is headed in the right direction overall.

Got my witch elf up to level 32 now and Im tareing through level 35 mobs in about 3 hits, i love this character :D

Still T4 is a stomping ground, it seems like 90% of everyone in T4 scenarios are level 40 and no one bothers with T4 scenarios between 30 and 39.

Got my witch elf up to level 32 now and Im tareing through level 35 mobs in about 3 hits, i love this character :D

Still T4 is a stomping ground, it seems like 90% of everyone in T4 scenarios are level 40 and no one bothers with T4 scenarios between 30 and 39.

A lot of that has to do with zone control, it is hard for people in the lower end of t4 to really compete when people are trying to flip zones.

at first it was the slayer though, then they replaced the slayer with the hammerer.

I just started playing this game a couple of weeks ago and I must say its been fun. I currently have a rank 25 Marauder and a rank 5 Witch Hunter have had many great RvR battles. Lets just say I am enjoying it more so than my 60M skillpoint Eve Online character.

at first it was the slayer though, then they replaced the slayer with the hammerer.

Not to my knowledge. And I was an elder beta tester. Lot's of people said they wanted a slayer but mythic said it wasen't happening, maybe in an expansion.
Since the dwarf classes were very first announced it has always been the hammerer.

It's going to be the Choppa and the Slayer, I'll bet anyone a trial key. :)

Hammerer has been forever cut. IE, Ironbreakers now use hammers....

All shall be revealed Thursday anyway. :)

I never said the slayer was the missing class. Mark Jacobs stated a while back that they where going to review the classes aka Choppa and Hammerer and make them more appealing. Well the choppa had a huge base back in beta but the hammerer was sub par. Mark also stated that they where keeping one of the classes and that has been confirmed as the choppa, and releasing another one from warhammer lore that is a dwarf, hence the slayer which has been alluded to by them now.

As for the mechanic for them, it will be the berserk mechanic similar to that of the berserker from DAOC, and yes choppa and hammerer where in beta, not the slayer. The slayer is a reskined hammerer with "different" weapons to make it more appealing to the masses. That and people like the idea of playing a slayer not a hammerer.

I think crackbone has it right, that the hammerer was replaced by the ironbreaker.

Mark also stated that they where keeping one of the classes and that has been confirmed as the choppa, and releasing another one from warhammer lore that is a dwarf, hence the slayer which has been alluded to by them now.

Link to Mark Jacobs saying that they would be making another dwarf out of warhammer lore besides the hammerer?

and yes choppa and hammerer where in beta, not the slayer. The slayer is a reskined hammerer with "different" weapons to make it more appealing to the masses. That and people like the idea of playing a slayer not a hammerer.

I think crackbone has it right, that the hammerer was replaced by the ironbreaker.

The ironbreaker and hammerer were both in beta. Side by side. So how can one replace the other when they were both there at the same time? The ironbreaker is it's own unique class. Pure tank. I don't see a merging of hammerer and ironbreaker.

Whatever the case, yes, we will find out soon. And I certainly do hope you are right and it is the slayer.

Link to Mark Jacobs saying that they would be making another dwarf out of warhammer lore besides the hammerer?

The ironbreaker and hammerer were both in beta. Side by side. So how can one replace the other when they were both there at the same time? The ironbreaker is it's own unique class. Pure tank. I don't see a merging of hammerer and ironbreaker.

Whatever the case, yes, we will find out soon. And I certainly do hope you are right and it is the slayer.

I will find you a link for the above, but if you have even kept up with the community you would know that is the path they are going with it. I also understand that the ironbreaker and the hammerer where in beta, i played them both at the start of beta, the approach that was being said was that the hammerer was being discarded in place of the slayer, where as that dwarf esq roll was filled by the iron breaker who most of his weapons have been reskinned to be hammers. Also, if you check out keen and graves they sent him a teaser for the slayer, orange hair dye and clippers and a bit of lore that slayers hair turns orange when they become enraged :D None the less we will see possibly tomorrow.

I'm not an expert on Warhammer lore. But from reading the Gotrek & Felix books, I was under the impression that slayers died their hair orange.

Off topic, but....Arek Daemonclaw is WAY cooler than Gotrek.

I've been playing for about 3 weeks and have a 29 Chosen on Phoenix Throne. So far its been fun the scenarios are fun but PvEing has pretty much been all solo unfortunately. I'm assuming this will change once I'm trying to PvE at 40 because of the high level dungeons I've heard about.

I get the feeling most people roll up another character to go back to T1 and T2 more often than they spend time playing T3 and T4. And I re-subbed about a week ago, and while Im rather disappointed that there haven't been more efforts to consolidate the player base I think they have made "some" progress. It's just that the progress seems to be kind of chaotic and it's really hard to nail down if they plan to change mechanics (IE knockbacks and apparently overabundance of disorients) or just keep tweaking them. Because overall I feel knockbacks for tanks in particular are kind more of a annoying skill than useful, because most the time you can simply sidestep people to get to where you need to go.

Maybe if tanks absorbed or mitigated damage for people around them, then I could see knockbacks being really useful to break them apart. Think of it like a AOE guard that gets really strong when the models are nearly touching and rather weak at 10 feet. Dunno, tanks are necessary to some degree, but when people start ignoring tanks to last..there just isn't much a tank can do to get the focus back onto himself and I don't see knockbacks solving that problem in anyway.

tier 2 has been a blast for me with my 16 chosen on vortex. always plenty of keep sieges to do and lately we've had some pretty massive confrontations with order out in the open...80-90 people at best. :)

I recently heard that War was having refer a friend trials, and i would Really like to try it out, unfortunately i don't really know anyone that plays it - In other words anyone want to hook me up with a refer a friend trial? please :)

If you need a key, I'd recommend downloading the game before you use it..or before you even try too hard to get it because the game is like 7-8 gigs. It's a very big download.

And to recruit you someone needs your email address to enter it into their recruit a friend thing. If you want to send me a PM Ill send you an invite, but I recommend you work on getting the game downloaded as soon as you can due to it's size.

tier 2 has been a blast for me with my 16 chosen on vortex. always plenty of keep sieges to do and lately we've had some pretty massive confrontations with order out in the open...80-90 people at best. :)

In T4 you'll see battles with 100+ on each side.

The T4 fights are epic, Im on the only EU RP server and both sides are set to low (we actually have a bonus incentive for BOTH order and chaos) yet our T3 is very active with on average 2 warbands going per side each night, and T4 is mental with 3+ warbands per side, so thats 75+ people, the battles do spike to be 4-5 warbands full on some nights or when organised raids happen, so thats 100+ people per side easily.

T3 is really where the game takes off, the keep runs are great, everything leading up to that is just practice/training to be honest, it's done very well.

I currently have 10 Free trials shoot me a pm and i will give them out if you wanna try it, i need your email address and a first name when you PM me. They keys will be emailed to you via Mythic.

Also t3 is where the most fun is on Skull throne.

It's going to be the Choppa and the Slayer, I'll bet anyone a trial key. :)

Hammerer has been forever cut. IE, Ironbreakers now use hammers....

All shall be revealed Thursday anyway. :)

When I'm right, I'm right. :)

Today we issued a Call to Arms to all players of WAR with the announcement of the first live expansion for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. Call to Arms will introduce an incredible array of new content to the game, including two highly anticipated new careers - the head bashin' Orc Choppa and the oath-sworn Dwarf Slayer - and a new dungeon zone called Land of the Dead, set in the desert realm of the Tomb Kings.

The Orc Choppa and Dwarf Slayer answer the Call to Arms and join WAR! (March)
Call to Arms: Beyond the Sands Live Event (April): The promise of great riches and powerful weapons comes from the south.
Call to Arms: Rise of the Tomb Kings Live Event (May): The race between Order and Destruction begins to unlock the Land of the Dead for their Realm.
Land of the Dead Opens (June): The deserts of Nehekhara open to players with the addition of a new RvR-gated dungeon zone. To gain access to the Land of the Dead, opposing Realms must battle for control of the zone to access dozens of new Public Quests, instanced lairs, and a massive new Tomb Kings dungeon to plunder in search of the Casket of Souls.
More details on these and other new features soon to invade the Age of Reckoning will be revealed as the launch of Call to Arms grows near.

mythic ever fix the keep lord loot rolls? Like only the person tanking always wins the keep lord loot? Hated that shit. All the tanks would get the loot and everyone else that helped kill the keep lord would get nothing.

mythic ever fix the keep lord loot rolls? Like only the person tanking always wins the keep lord loot? Hated that shit. All the tanks would get the loot and everyone else that helped kill the keep lord would get nothing.

I run a tank and haven't noticed this problem. Been a part of at least 8 successful keep assaults and it's been hit or miss.

I seem to have caught the attention of a CSR with all of the bot report appeals I put in this last week. Woke up one day and had 5 naming violations waiting in my inbox on names, some of which I've had since beta. Did a search for names similar to mine on their website and found about 15 1 letter off matches and a couple exact matches. Tried to email them at the address they said to send questions to, it bounced with email config errors. The in-game support couldn't tell me which CSR had did the changes, or give me a suggestion on how to contact them besides the same email address that was bouncing back to me. So I called their billing department and had them refund my monthly sub, since I couldn't find anyway to make a complain in an official manner or who had quite selectively enforced their undefined naming policy on characters that haven't been played for months.

Would be nice if there was some place to complain where the CSRs wouldn't be monitoring themselves.

BTW: I looked it up to be sure I wasn't imagining things, there's at least 5 auto-play bots for Warhammer out to buy/get for free/etc. So yeah, botting must be fairly popular or there wouldn't be such a selection of them out there.

Can someone tell me if I'm getting regular performance? Cause the game doesn't look good yet it lags like hell on my computer.

Q9300 2.5 ghz stock
4 Gig Gskill
HD 4870 9.1 drivers

I'm running at 1680x1050, NO AA or AF, no shadows, no grass, rest on high, and I still get around 35-40 fps in regular areas with nobody in them and 15-20 fps in RVR. This doesn't make any sense..I get constant 100+fps with games like CoD4 and Bioshock. I mean come on, even Crysis runs better than that on my computer.

afaik WAR doesn't support more than 2 cores or take advantage of them well(?), but something is definitely wrong there.

Just installed WAR again now, thought I'd get my borc to at least 30 before I start the Choppa coming in March(!)

btw how much do I have to download patches when I'm updating from the retail-discs? I see "Patching files... [... / 990MB] but there must be more right?

Is this game like Diablo?

I played a lot of D2 and some Diablo way back when... I wouldn t say WAR is like either, but it is great. I played an engineer up to @ lvl 20, I have a witch elf now and she is a lot more fun.

Should hit lvl 20 with her tonight. I am on gorfang server under the name Tortura if anyone wants to get together.

I played a lot of D2 and some Diablo way back when... I wouldn t say WAR is like either, but it is great. I played an engineer up to @ lvl 20, I have a witch elf now and she is a lot more fun.

Should hit lvl 20 with her tonight. I am on gorfang server under the name Tortura if anyone wants to get together.

to clarify - by "like diablo" i mean a couple of things :

1. can you play alone and have success without having to join a group and do raids? I quit playing WOW because of the emphasis on social play (which I do enjoy but every time i login i do not want to play as a group).

2. do you usually just fight a monster or two or are there swarms? one of my favorite things about diablo was how you would get swarmed by like 20 enemies and have to fight your way out of it. i haven't found many action rpgs that have swarmings like diablo.

3. is it a sandbox like game in a sense you can just go where you want and do what you want or do you have to run this quest to open this area, run this quest to open that one, etc etc?

since dragon age got delayed now i'm in the hunt for a diablo-like game and i'm considering this game and sacred 2 to tide me over..

thanks all

to clarify - by "like diablo" i mean a couple of things :

1. can you play alone and have success without having to join a group and do raids? I quit playing WOW because of the emphasis on social play (which I do enjoy but every time i login i do not want to play as a group).

2. do you usually just fight a monster or two or are there swarms? one of my favorite things about diablo was how you would get swarmed by like 20 enemies and have to fight your way out of it. i haven't found many action rpgs that have swarmings like diablo.

3. is it a sandbox like game in a sense you can just go where you want and do what you want or do you have to run this quest to open this area, run this quest to open that one, etc etc?

since dragon age got delayed now i'm in the hunt for a diablo-like game and i'm considering this game and sacred 2 to tide me over..

thanks all

In a nutshell, WAR is a lot more similar to WoW than Diablo but to answer your questions:

#1) Yes, you can play solo all the way to 40. You'll be doing mostly quests ala WoW-style but you can also mix it up with some scenarios (PVP arenas basically) or some open world pvp. (think WoW again)

#2) If you're soloing, fighting is usually you vs 1 other monster. At most you'll be able to take on maybe 3 at a time depending on class.

#3) The game world is open for the most part(again like WoW -- noticing a trend yet?) but the areas are broken up into tiers. For instance, tier 1 would be levels 1-11, tier 2 is 12-21, etc. Monsters and quests are within tier ranges as well so while you can run to tier 3 at level 10, you won't really be able to do anything other than die.

Ive played to level 8 on a trial key. I don't see where its any different than WoW. That being said, I can't find any RvR fights in T1. I doubt ill stick with it past my free play time.

Is there anything resembling the PVP arena matches in WoW (2v2, 3v3, 5v5) ?
If there is, then is there also an "arena team rating" and ranking system?

I need something competitive, and large-scale PVP is far too disorganized to be competitive.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/static/EkFFZlVZVuqUirTypE.php

layoffs at mythic...300,000 subscribers..down from 800,000 at launch

tells ya the game didn't quite make the grade...I got bored after 3 months. guess I wasn't alone

Made the grade with me. I think the problem is people compare it to WoW and if it's not WoW they don't wanna play it. Frankly everytime WAR is compared to WoW, God kills a kitten. Mythic better work on character transfers though. My server is now a low population server. They need to start shutting down servers as well. :(

I've had problems with my account, some CSR went crazy on me going back and tagging me for name violations....the same names that exist on every one of their servers and in various forms. So I get a "written warning" on my account. It says to email two different addresses to dispute it, both bounce back with internal configuration errors on their end. The in-game CSRs won't discuss it, or give me another email address to try. They don't seem interested in their email configuration problems either....and since there's no official forum to point it out to them on (yet?).

Not to mention, bots I reported a week in ago in T1, have made their way to T2..and now Im reporting the same names again....getting the same CSR questions and the ever laughable "We'll investigate it." response I used to get in WOW. WoW has enough players to draw from across multiple servers, but WAR draws them all from the same server..so you get stuck playing with these f-ers a lot.

Their PVE isn't good enough to keep me entertained, their PVP has a auto-mated player problem, and their CSRs are sending out violations about names that probably 50 other people have a variation of. While names like "Fingerbanger" (whose nearly level 40 now) go on playing. I think I pissed off some CSRs by sending in these bot reports. And hell I even do half the work for em, I send the guy tells during and after scenarios asking if he's there...watch him play. Describe how the bot functions and that it doesn't respond to tells from me. If they can't be bothered to police their game of 300k, perhaps it needs to shrink more.

I've had problems with my account, some CSR went crazy on me going back and tagging me for name violations....the same names that exist on every one of their servers and in various forms. So I get a "written warning" on my account. It says to email two different addresses to dispute it, both bounce back with internal configuration errors on their end. The in-game CSRs won't discuss it, or give me another email address to try. They don't seem interested in their email configuration problems either....and since there's no official forum to point it out to them on (yet?).

Not to mention, bots I reported a week in ago in T1, have made their way to T2..and now Im reporting the same names again....getting the same CSR questions and the ever laughable "We'll investigate it." response I used to get in WOW. WoW has enough players to draw from across multiple servers, but WAR draws them all from the same server..so you get stuck playing with these f-ers a lot.

Their PVE isn't good enough to keep me entertained, their PVP has a auto-mated player problem, and their CSRs are sending out violations about names that probably 50 other people have a variation of. While names like "Fingerbanger" (whose nearly level 40 now) go on playing. I think I pissed off some CSRs by sending in these bot reports. And hell I even do half the work for em, I send the guy tells during and after scenarios asking if he's there...watch him play. Describe how the bot functions and that it doesn't respond to tells from me. If they can't be bothered to police their game of 300k, perhaps it needs to shrink more.

They will only do anything with names if someone reported you, if not they don't care. I agree with you on the Bots, they don't give a shit about them. I had a nice discussion on this at my war blog how CSR"s in this game dont really fix anything, they just ban people, and give you canned messages.

Back