The 32 inch 4k IPS 144hz's...(Update - this party is started) (wait for it...)

While it may looks impressive it will clip several shades especially the brighter ones as you've set the contrast value to 100. Also your set brightness value of 70 is probably too high for these shades. Only the dark and medium shades are by default too dimm on the X32 FP and need to be lifted up. But if you don't care about a correct image, then ofcourse there is nothing wrong with it 🙂

ASRock unveils the PG32UMF at Computex 2023, a glorious 4K 144Hz UHD IPS display

The PG32UMF Mini-LED gaming monitor offers a 144Hz refresh rate, 1152-zone local dimming, and remarkable HDR1400 with 97% DCI-P3 wide color gamut support. Its vibrant and vivid colors deliver an exceptional 4K UHD gaming experience. Both high-end models featured HDMI2.1 and DisplayPort 1.4 interfaces, as well as a USB Type-C PD3.0 90W fast charging (upstream) port and four USB Type-A (downstream) ports, provide gamers with more connectivity options
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/9166...-glorious-4k-144hz-uhd-ips-display/index.html

Monitor manufacturers need to utilize more 2304+ Zones panels for proper HDR Gaming. Consumers stuck with 1152 for two years now.
Might as well go for a 42" C2, the cheap plug-and-play basic option.

Reactions: jt39
like this
Monitor manufacturers need to utilize more 2304+ Zones panels for proper HDR Gaming. Consumers stuck with 1152 for two years now.
These virtual players like Xar talk like they cannot afford a proper miniLED but banging on a cheap C2 that looks like literal dark shit with far less accuracy across the board.
MiniLED has been deliver far superior HDR than any of these shitty OLED for 5 years now lol.
By the time 2000+ zone miniLED comes they still cannot afford to buy but imagine harder OLED is anyway better. It's always OLED being the crappiest.

More zones would be nice but I've been pretty satisfied with the performance of 1152 zones so far. The InnoCN 32M2V costs the same as a 42C2 at around $800 and would be a better choice if you want crisper text clarity due to RGB subpixels and higher PPI.

More zones would be nice but I've been pretty satisfied with the performance of 1152 zones so far. The InnoCN 32M2V costs the same as a 42C2 at around $800 and would be a better choice if you want crisper text clarity due to RGB subpixels and higher PPI.
Yeah, honestly the blooming is not that bad (on mine anyway) and the response time feels more than acceptable for the HDR quality and performance. Thats playing fast paced games 50% of the time too at 144Hz/FPS. Unlike my PG27UQ, I feel like this PG32UQX will not be replaced on my end for many years to come.

Yeah, honestly the blooming is not that bad (on mine anyway) and the response time feels more than acceptable for the HDR quality and performance. Thats playing fast paced games 50% of the time too at 144Hz/FPS. Unlike my PG27UQ, I feel like this PG32UQX will not be replaced on my end for many years to come.

I like the HDR quality on the PG32UQX too, but the motion clarity is noticeably worse than on the OLEDs. It's not necessarily a big issue, but it's an issue.

I like the HDR quality on the PG32UQX too, but the motion clarity is noticeably worse than on the OLEDs. It's not necessarily a big issue, but it's an issue.
Its kind of like microstutter, some notice and go nuts (me), others don't even know what it is... lol.

Maybe I'm so used to motion blur in games that whatever little response issue there on it, I dont even notice and just see it as part of the game. I generally have motion blur off in most games, but some games it does look better. I think the only time I have seen the response on this monitor being slower was on Forza 5, and honestly I really had to focus on specific things to see it, outside of what I would have to do to just play the game.

Its kind of like microstutter, some notice and go nuts (me), others don't even know what it is... lol.

Maybe I'm so used to motion blur in games that whatever little response issue there on it, I dont even notice and just see it as part of the game. I generally have motion blur off in most games, but some games it does look better. I think the only time I have seen the response on this monitor being slower was on Forza 5, and honestly I really had to focus on specific things to see it, outside of what I would have to do to just play the game.

I've just come to accept that even though OLED's response times are amazing, overall it's still pretty far down the rung in terms of actual motion clarity since most OLEDs do not use BFI/strobing and the highest refresh OLEDs out right now are 240Hz at most. Those 360Hz+ ULMB 2 monitors are the real king of motion clarity giving an almost 1000Hz experience so if anyone valued that above all else then those are the displays to get, but their HDR performance is nonexistent.

Been checking amazon for a couple months now and haven't seen the 32M2V for sale, did they stop making it?

Been checking amazon for a couple months now and haven't seen the 32M2V for sale, did they stop making it?

Interesting. I haven't kept up with availability or anything ever since I got mine back in February so I'm actually not sure if it's still being sold on Amazon or not. You might have been able to get some answers on Reddit but.....yeahhhhh....

These virtual players like Xar talk like they cannot afford a proper miniLED but banging on a cheap C2 that looks like literal dark shit with far less accuracy across the board.
MiniLED has been deliver far superior HDR than any of these shitty OLED for 5 years now lol.
By the time 2000+ zone miniLED comes they still cannot afford to buy but imagine harder OLED is anyway better. It's always OLED being the crappiest.
I own a "proper miniLED" monitor and think this is one of the absolute worst takes I have ever read on here.

I see that you're still not comfort your overbright laggy 3000$+ piece of slow abomination got exposed by many reviewers and wrecked by the mighty WRGB C9, CX, C1, C2 & soon C3 in almost every aspects with 1/3 of its price... 😭

for black
I see that you're still not comfort your overbright laggy 3000$+ piece of slow abomination got exposed by many reviewers and wrecked by the mighty WRGB C9, CX, C1, C2 & soon C3 in almost every aspects with 1/3 of its price... 😭
i wouldnt say the pg32uqx is slow or a pos, best monitor i ever owned hands down, everyone is on the oled hype train… i checked out lgs 27” oled in microcenter and i just left, people pay 1k for that ? lmao !!!!!!!!!

You can keep your imagination just like how 99% forum users are dreamers that talk like they don't have shit while banging some dark inaccurate OLED that's not even that fast.

I own a "proper miniLED" monitor and think this is one of the absolute worst takes I have ever read on here.
These virtual players like Xar has been spreading misinformation for long. They can only afford OLED, saying crap about LCD is dead, MiniLED is dead, TV users are experts in HDR. WTF? They barley see HDR not even mentioning making HDR with a proper monitor.

for black

i wouldnt say the pg32uqx is slow or a pos, best monitor i ever owned hands down, everyone is on the oled hype train… i checked out lgs 27” oled in microcenter and i just left, people pay 1k for that ? lmao !!!!!!!!!
Amen. It was untouchable when it comes to brightness. I'll give my utmost respect to that.

You can keep your imagination just like how 99% forum users are dreamers that talk like they don't have shit while banging some dark inaccurate OLED that's not even that fast.
These virtual players like Xar has been spreading misinformation for long. They can only afford OLED, saying crap about LCD is dead, MiniLED is dead, TV users are experts in HDR. WTF? They barley see HDR not even mentioning making HDR with a proper monitor.
OLED is getting better and here to stay until Micro-LED, QNED or EL-QD becomes mainstream and affordable. Time to cope, kramnelis.

OLED is getting better and here to stay until Micro-LED, QNED or EL-QD becomes mainstream and affordable. Time to cope, kramnelis.
When Micro-LED comes you still cannot afford it but imagine dark piece of OLED is anyway better.

Is it you going to buy micro-LED? I've seen far superior HDR on mini-LED than any OLED for 5 years now.

I thought there should have been new budget monitors found four months ago.

The top-end panel, like M320QAN02.6, is the hardest to obtain for every brand. Only AUO can produce limited panels and DC backlight.

The development of the whole package can be traced back several years, especially for small brands.

Keep an eye out for IC X329UCG 4K 144Hz; this one is a borderline HDR1400 monitor with the same 2.6 panel and original 1152-zone DC dimming backlight. It also features ATW.

It can sustain 2000nits up to a 50% window, reach a peak of 2000nits with a 100% window, and maintain 1500nits at a 75% window and 1300nits at a 100% window.

BT.2020 average color accuracy is 2.08, so it offers very accurate color in HDR, similar to the PA32UCG.

Despite its cooling and rough design, it's a cut-down version of the PA32UCG sold at $1000. Don't know if IC has enough inventory sold globally.

The top-end panel, like M320QAN02.6, is the hardest to obtain for every brand. Only AUO can produce limited panels and DC backlight.

The development of the whole package can be traced back several years, especially for small brands.

Keep an eye out for IC X329UCG 4K 144Hz; this one is a borderline HDR1400 monitor with the same 2.6 panel and original 1152-zone DC dimming backlight. It also features ATW.

It can sustain 2000nits up to a 50% window, reach a peak of 2000nits with a 100% window, and maintain 1500nits at a 75% window and 1300nits at a 100% window.

BT.2020 average color accuracy is 2.08, so it offers very accurate color in HDR, similar to the PA32UCG.

Despite its cooling and rough design, it's a cut-down version of the PA32UCG sold at $1000. Don't know if IC has enough inventory sold globally.
Thanks. I found this: https://na.redmagic.gg/pages/redmagic-4k-gaming-monitor

unfortunately its 27". I feel like 4k at that size is wasted pixels.

hm, I sit further away. I'm leaning toward 32" for 4k. its 30 more ppi than my 2560x1440 27"
32" is like four 15.6" notebook screens in a square. Personally, it's a noticeable step down in sharpness, but the extra size is nice.

32" is like four 15.6" notebook screens in a square. Personally, it's a noticeable step down in sharpness, but the extra size is nice.
Have you compared them? I wish I could go somewhere and see them side by side. Or just see a 32" 4k. maybe bestbuy would have something? The 27" 4k is another 23 ppi.

man thats too bright lol 2000 nits, 1400 is already killer... turning on autohdr my whole screen lits up, playing league of legends anything that has to do with WHITE pops out like neon signs

Have you compared them? I wish I could go somewhere and see them side by side. Or just see a 32" 4k. maybe bestbuy would have something? The 27" 4k is another 23 ppi.
Yes, I've owned both. I'm just a ppi lover, always have been :).

man thats too bright lol 2000 nits, 1400 is already killer... turning on autohdr my whole screen lits up, playing league of legends anything that has to do with WHITE pops out like neon signs

That's just AutoHDR's fault. It's never been good when it comes to pure white as AutoHDR always prefers to just blast the maximum nits whenever possible. Loading up Judgment and Lost Judgment I always have to remember to look away before the SEGA splash screen pops up or I get hit with a full field white screen at max nits.

That's just AutoHDR's fault. It's never been good when it comes to pure white as AutoHDR always prefers to just blast the maximum nits whenever possible. Loading up Judgment and Lost Judgment I always have to remember to look away before the SEGA splash screen pops up or I get hit with a full field white screen at max nits.
i hear you, my brightness is at 9 ! and its still bright lol

I think you misunderstood my post. I meant that YOUR comments that: "cheap C2 that looks like literal dark shit with far less accuracy across the board. MiniLED has been deliver far superior HDR than any of these shitty OLED for 5 years now lol." was one of the worst takes I have ever seen.

I suppose if your only criteria for judging HDR performance is "how badly does a full screen white image melt my eyeballs?" then OLED is indeed literal dark shit. But otherwise, OLED offers a great HDR experience. Sure, peak full screen brightness is lacking, but there's no bloom either. Both technologies have their ups and downs.

Back