Starfield

Somebody unified all the mouse sensitivities.
Just go through his INI and copy all the relevant settings to your's.

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/656

Check the desc for the rest of the setup.

Code:
[Controls]
fMouseHeadingXScale=0.0100
fMouseHeadingYScale=0.0100
fPitchSpeedRatio=1.0000
fIronSightsPitchSpeedRatio=1.0000
fIronSightsLookSpeedPitch=2.0000
fIronSightsLookSpeedYaw=2.0000
fLookSpeedPitch=1.0000
fLookSpeedYaw=1.0000
bDampenFirstPlayerControls=0
bDampenThirdPlayerControls=0

[Combat]
bAimAssistEnabled=0
bMagnetismEnabled=0

[Spaceship]
bSpaceshipAimAssistEnabled=0

I definitely need to refine my spaceship controls in regards to the mouse otherwise I'm going to be using a controller for that part of the game.

The game technically doesn't release for another two days so I'm not going to be modding or doing much until we get past that and see what's what.

"I'll be taking these Huggies and whatever cash you've got."

C1BNK1I.jpg

Am I missing something or is identifying an untracked quest a pain in the ass.
You can hover your cursor over the untracked quest icon, and it will show the text description. But you can't click on it to track it, and since it doesn't show the name, you have to go into your quest log and highlight every quest one-by-one until you find the matching description???

It's literally the worst quest tracking I've ever seen in a game.

Am I missing something or is identifying an untracked quest a pain in the ass.
You can hover your cursor over the untracked quest icon, and it will show the text description. But you can't click on it to track it, and since it doesn't show the name, you have to go into your quest log and highlight every quest one-by-one until you find the matching description???

It's literally the worst quest tracking I've ever seen in a game.
It's pretty much the same system as Skyrim and Fallout3/4. It's not the best. However, if you're used to those games it's whatever.

The weakest point of this game, just like their prior games, is the general menu/inventory/etc. At least with the Fallout's it sort of makes sense with the pipboy setup, but Skyrim was horrendous, this game isn't much better. However, quest tracking is pretty straightforward. You just click the quest you want to track and it shows on the map. Not sure what you're having issues with.

The most useful mod for all of these games is a revamped inventory/etc GUI mod.

When I was a kid I had Starcraft, D2, counter strike, Team Fortress, FF6, all the 64 blockbusters, Super smash, and just never really had to deal with endless shitty games though?
Well back then, companies had to make good games to be successful. Now that these companies have become successful, they can produce games that are just "good enough" to sell.

I might just wait and play this thing next summer fall after I've completed Baulders Gate 3, cyberpunk and I assume stalker 2. It would be a smart move to come to this game once it's been officially optimized and modded.

Ordered a 6800XT w/ Starfield key. I figured 6 years of my 1080 were enough :LOL:
Gratz. Not to be that guy, but 7800 XT releases in 2 days at $500 and will come with Starfield. But getting one in stock might be tough.

I’m having problems navigating to the quest marker. I can’t seem to locate where I’m supposed to go half the time.

Did you know for example that when entering a conversation the NPC you are talking to is replaced by a higher detail version?

Is there a single game out there that does not use LoD for characters?

Fantastic quest. Do it as soon as you discover it:

Layer of the Mantis
Just be aware of the LVL45 guard turrets and LVL39 Spacers. So probably not a quest recommended right out of the gate. Plus if I remember correctly it is given by a clue that you can only find by oompleting a multipart quest that you first think is just a small little assignment.

PSA - Make sure to hail ships you see. You’ll miss out on tons of cool stuff if you don’t.

Also, be careful when modifying ships you’ve purchased. Some have design features that the game won’t let you do on your own in ship builder.

I have no problem with paid mods, I'd paid for a bunch just for Assetto Corsa and simracing (money pit) but having DRM for it sucks. Can't say I'm surprised to see that. I'd pay for it if it didn't have DRM.

Anyway this feels kinda like Skyrim + Outer Worlds + Mass Effect + Interstellar kinda. I've been having fun but I'm not far. I picked the dream home trait so I'm looting as much valuable stuff as I can.

I have no problem with paid mods, I'd paid for a bunch just for Assetto Corsa and simracing (money pit) but having DRM for it sucks. Can't say I'm surprised to see that. I'd pay for it if it didn't have DRM.

Anyway this feels kinda like Skyrim + Outer Worlds + Mass Effect + Interstellar kinda. I've been having fun but I'm not far. I picked the dream home trait so I'm looting as much valuable stuff as I can.

As soon as you do that (add DRM to your mod) what do you expect, you invite it

What happens if you land and commandeer a new ship? Like where does the old one go? I was doing a mission and had to find a crashed ship and accidentally found a pirate ship and killed them all thinking it was what I was looking for, but then it said I took control of the ship.

As soon as you do that (add DRM to your mod) what do you expect, you invite it
Agreed, but then devil's advocate: The dev can do what he wants, nobody is entitled to his work - DRM or otherwise. He has a free version of the mod, and then a paid, bleeding edge beta. He has no gun pointed at anyone's head to use any of his tools. IKYK.

And there's nothing stopping the "paid mods are against the spirit of mods!" chimps from developing a free version of whatever PureDark is asking money for, and releasing that free. But nobody will do that.

Last edited:
Devil's advocate: The dev can do what he wants, nobody is entitled to shit - DRM or otherwise. He has a free version of the mod, and then a paid, bleeding edge beta.

And there's nothing stopping the "paid mods are against the spirit of mods!" loudmouths from developing a free version of whatever PureDark is asking money for, and releasing that Free + DRM-free. But nobody will do that.

Generation Entitled never ceases to amaze (I don't mean you specifically since we tight, but the attitude of others overall).

All that and what I said can be true at the same time, I never said he couldn't do it. This is just the way the world works. You know what's coming once you do it.

Reactions: DPI
like this
What happens if you land and commandeer a new ship? Like where does the old one go? I was doing a mission and had to find a crashed ship and accidentally found a pirate ship and killed them all thinking it was what I was looking for, but then it said I took control of the ship.
It just sort of goes into an inventory of your ships so to speak. If you steal a ship you have to fly it back and register it first to actually own it. If you talk to the same people that let you buy new ships / modify they'll let you switch ships.

SFSE is already a thing!

SFSE supports Starfield on Steam, but does not work with the Epic Games Store version or even more notably the Windows Store and Game Pass versions. "The game runtime needs to be launched suspended for this to work, and the game-specific MS Store apps (at least Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE; I don't subscribe to gamepass and don't own the game on the MS store) all prevent you from using the existing debug APIs for launching suspended," said Patterson in response to someone asking why. "I have done significant research on this and short of a ghastly hack this can't work."

https://www.pcgamer.com/starfield-gets-the-mod-of-mods-the-granddaddy-of-them-all-script-extender/

would be nice if they released the first major patch right before the Standard Edition unlocks for everyone tomorrow

Does anyone know if you can remap the "end" key that triggers PureDarks DLSS mod?

I use that key for my gaming, would be better if I could bind it to something else, like maybe F2 or something.

I looked through the settings and can't seem to figure anything out.

It just sort of goes into an inventory of your ships so to speak. If you steal a ship you have to fly it back and register it first to actually own it. If you talk to the same people that let you buy new ships / modify they'll let you switch ships.
Saw a video yesterday, 10 things they don't tell you in Starfield, on YT. Good info in there.

Does anyone know if you can remap the "end" key that triggers PureDarks DLSS mod?

I use that key for my gaming, would be better if I could bind it to something else, like maybe F2 or something.

I looked through the settings and can't seem to figure anything out.
You'll have to edit the StarfieldUpscaler.ini the mod puts in the /mods directory. It even includes a link to show you the list of what number you have to use in the .ini for a given key.

SFSE is already a thing!

SFSE supports Starfield on Steam, but does not work with the Epic Games Store version or even more notably the Windows Store and Game Pass versions. "The game runtime needs to be launched suspended for this to work, and the game-specific MS Store apps (at least Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE; I don't subscribe to gamepass and don't own the game on the MS store) all prevent you from using the existing debug APIs for launching suspended," said Patterson in response to someone asking why. "I have done significant research on this and short of a ghastly hack this can't work."

https://www.pcgamer.com/starfield-gets-the-mod-of-mods-the-granddaddy-of-them-all-script-extender/
That just means buy it on Steam or don't buy it at all. :)

Am I playing this game because I expected great graphics? - no… but this game, in places, looks surprisingly dated. I’m on an ice planet right now, and this game… in this area… doesn’t even match The Outer Worlds. It is a little disappointing. That said, I’m only 6 hours in, and the game just hasn’t grabbed me like I thought it would,

I had a funny little issues last night, including a keyboard binding problem.

I'll put it behind a spoiler tag. It's not really a story spoiler (more of a minor side quest) but just because.

So, I was around some planet and was haled by a ship run by a teacher, asking for spare ship parts because they were broken down.

Now, I had ship parts in the cargo hold, but not in my personal inventory. It would not detect the ship parts in the ship hold, so it forced me to say "sorry I can't help".

I tried getting out of the pilots chair, to walk over to the cargo box, get the ship parts, put them into my personal iventory, and then re-start eh conversation. No such luck.

You see, the key used for interacting with another ship is the same key used to get up out of the pilots chair, so in trying to get up, I'd just call them again, and have to tell them yet again I couldn't help.

Silly little problem. Could be solved with different binding functions (or just by having ships inventory scanned for the required parts as well)

So, that was dumb.

I’m playing that campaign mission in which you have to follow an anomaly on your hud - what a bunch of bullshit. It’s so vague what you’re supposed to do… I’m willing to bet at least half the people who play that mission will have to lookup the solution in a guide.

I’ve been following the main quest because the word was that we should do that - but I’m so close to abandoning this game that I might just go full sandbox.

Back