South Park : The Stick of Truth

Hmm, well I apologize. It was on CAG's front page for a few days. Seems to be gone now...

If you read the Steam forums for that group (Steam Hookups or whatever), one of the admins of the site said it was a bug and they were trying to fix it. They also said that more copies of the game should be in on Monday, so we will see if it's available then.

So basically, I don't think it's necessarily a phishing site, but who knows. I would pick it up at that price if possible.

The controller I ordered to play this with shipped out and will be sitting on my desk eagerly awaiting the arrival of the game.

Those three episodes that lead up to the game were great. Butters, as usual, had me laughing so hard it hurt at times. Sadly, I couldnt watch the episodes on the legit site because the commercials kept locking up both my browsers, but they're easy enough to find if you look around a bit more.

Also decided against taking the Cartman figure to work, I just dont trust people there enough with so precious a thing. :p

The controller I ordered to play this with shipped out and will be sitting on my desk eagerly awaiting the arrival of the game.

Those three episodes that lead up to the game were great. Butters, as usual, had me laughing so hard it hurt at times. Sadly, I couldnt watch the episodes on the legit site because the commercials kept locking up both my browsers, but they're easy enough to find if you look around a bit more.

Also decided against taking the Cartman figure to work, I just dont trust people there enough with so precious a thing. :p

i didnt have any ads at all with firefox and ad block plus on the official site. i was using the beta site too

i didnt have any ads at all with firefox and ad block plus on the official site. i was using the beta site too

Weird..... both IE and Chrome would play maybe 1 or 2 ads then lock up before another one played.

Meh, either way, I got to see the episodes and it only has me more psyched up for the game. :D

i would get a slight black video for like 1 or 2 seconds when an ad should of played/loaded but ad block plus did a pretty good job at skipping them all so i never saw any ads.

but yeah those episodes made me want the game even more.

This appears to be working again. 33 copies available. Grabbed one for that price...hell yeah.

Nice!

If I didnt have a pile of credit to use up on Amazon I'd of been interested in that deal myself.

My new gamepad will be here tomorrow, and the extra battery and charger will be here the day after. Then all I need is the damn game! :p

cant figure out how to register at that site...I must have put my stupid hat on today :(

that whole site seems fishy as heck to me.

It looks like it might be one of those where they buy the games from other countries where it's a lot cheaper and then resell it to people.

You have to log in via Steam and then join the Steam Hookups group to get it to work, as far as I can tell.

It does seem sketchy, but I paid via Paypal (only option, actually) CC, so if they try to scam I can just do a chargeback.

ok, on steam's site, join Hookups group, have profile public then log in through their site with steam.

Hookups just sent me a refund with absolutely no explanation.

shitty site if you ask me...don't bother trying to order

There are lots of reasons. There is a push towards gaming PCs in the living room more and more lately and a controller is an inexpensive way to chill on your couch and plow through the latest South Park game with your homies.

I don't have to teach non-gamer friends on how to use a controller. An idiot could do it. I know, because I've seen them do it.

I think I'll have to wait for some reviews and quite possibly a steam sale before I jump on. Definitely looking forward to it though!

I already have 2 wired xbox controllers I use for racing games and emulators.

I agree with the earlier posts talking about the past few seasons not being as good. Butter's bottom bitch was flipping huhlareeeeeeooouuuussss though!

Leave comments on the site to express your displeasure. The mods actually seem to be pretty active in the community there, so let them know what you think:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Hookups#comments

Wow, the guy deleted all the negative comments, which is why it abruptly jumps from 2/17 to today. Do not do business with this shady site.

Are there any other good deals on South Park? $45+ is not doing it for me...

$41.25
http://www.gameholds.com/south-park-the-stick-of-truth-pc-game.html

i bought bf4 premium from them last night for 42.50, if you use paypal you need to send them a picture of your drivers license with pretty much everything but your name/date of birth and exp date blocked off they were pretty fast with responding to my uploaded pic and getting me confirmed and then like 10-15m later the premium key was in my inbox.

You guys are hysterical. I've enjoyed south park for over a decade and not paid a cent for it so I'm going to pay the $60 straight up to show my support. I'm positive the value will surpass even $1/hr.

Back