South Park : The Stick of Truth

Bwuahaha! SOLD! Looks like I'm out $60. The scripting value alone will probably be worth it.

Yeah watching that made me feel even better about my preorder.

Now I just need to pick up a good gamepad for my PC since its def going to play better with one.

lol I can already see some outcry from this game just from that opening.

I mean naming a class the Jew and Cartman saying "I never seen a white thief before but ok."

lol I can already see some outcry from this game just from that opening.

I mean naming a class the Jew and Cartman saying "I never seen a white thief before but ok."

And that outcry will only spur on the sales of more and more copies.... :D

Ok time to go gamepad shopping for this... X360 pad probably the best bet for a PC?

And that outcry will only spur on the sales of more and more copies.... :D

Ok time to go gamepad shopping for this... X360 pad probably the best bet for a PC?

Freakin' hilarious. I hope they do get some unwarranted criticism and I hope it just causes the game to sell even better.

Does anyone remember when Conkers bad fur day came out for N64 lol

So why are all of you wanting a controller? Also am I correct in assuming that the entire gameplay will be turn based? My only concern is speed of gameplay, I hope it's fast paced enough to keep me from getting irritated with grinding.

DAMN! I wasnt even considering getting this day 1, but then i watched that video.

Looks really good, I just can't bring myself to pay more than $30 or so for it.

I'm a big fan of the show. So I consider it a highly interactive, long movie. But yeah its a pretty steep price regardless.

2 codes left for 50% off.

it's legit, as it was on cheapassgamer's frontpage:

http://steamhookups.com/product/south-park-the-stick-of-truth-steam/

Hmm...might actually go for that. Doesn't seem like it'll let me order it, though...I try to go to checkout and I have to log in, but there's no way too make an account, and Steam connection doesn't seem to work.

EDIT: This site is serious bunk. I got it to connect by joining the group, but now when I go to buy it just says to enter my name and email, and there is no button to proceed.

Last edited:
EDIT: This site is serious bunk. I got it to connect by joining the group, but now when I go to buy it just says to enter my name and email, and there is no button to proceed.

Yeah... Just keeps looping.. Enter steam info to login, add to cart and then I'm not logged in anymore. Still says 2 copies left also, I'd expect this from a phishing site..

Hmm, well I apologize. It was on CAG's front page for a few days. Seems to be gone now...

What is with all the people bashing this game because of the price?

I mean it's like the "average" price of any new game from any major publisher.

Ubisoft, EA, Activision, etc all charge 59.99 for their new games. No one complains about it for Battlefield, CoD, etc.

Yet I have seen on various forums (not just here) so many people talking about the price being too high and things.

I mean it's meant to look like the show, which in of itself is not exactly the best quality animation ever, but that's the point (and they even said it was actually a bit hard to get it to look just like the show).

The gameplay looks good and a lot more like what a good south park rpg would be, not to mention we have Obsidian behind it who are pretty damn good at rpg game design though they have been known to have an issue (just like Bethseda) with bugs, etc.

Just don't get why so many people are raging about the price of the game, when most of them ar etalking about how much it looks just like the show and a good game.

What is with all the people bashing this game because of the price?

I mean it's like the "average" price of any new game from any major publisher.

Ubisoft, EA, Activision, etc all charge 59.99 for their new games. No one complains about it for Battlefield, CoD, etc.

Um...plenty of people complain about the $60 price tag on those games.

For me, a 2D Paper Mario-like game is just not a $60 title. If people want to pay that for this, that's fine. I won't be one of them.

Why though?

I mean lets say that it offers say 30'ish hours or so of a good deep RPG experience and maintains a good interesting funny story rife with South Park humor and laughs.

It just seems to me like a lot of people are judging it as not being worth the money because of the graphics, when that's how the show itself looks.

If they made it super realistic with tesselation out the ass, DX 11 effects, super fancy lighting/detailed shadows and high res textures, but then the game was only 10-12 hours long and faltered in places would it be worth it then simply because it looks "good?"

I'm interested to see how the game turns out but to me nothing except the South Park name says AAA game and games based off of other IPs have a horrible track record. I also have a hard time seeing a modern 2d game as anything other than a casual or Indie type game, I would have been much more interested in exploring a 3d South Park than I am a 2d version.

Why though?

I mean lets say that it offers say 30'ish hours or so of a good deep RPG experience and maintains a good interesting funny story rife with South Park humor and laughs.

It just seems to me like a lot of people are judging it as not being worth the money because of the graphics, when that's how the show itself looks.

I'm not willing to pay 60 because I'm pretty convinced it will hit 40 or under within a month or two.

Looks fun though and I'll definitely be grabbing it, just not in any rush to do so.

I'm not willing to pay 60 because I'm pretty convinced it will hit 40 or under within a month or two.

Looks fun though and I'll definitely be grabbing it, just not in any rush to do so.

Pretty much this. You can already get it for like 25-30% off on pre-order from GMG I think.

Frankly I think very few games are worth $60.

I was kidding about the $60 btw, I paid that for two games recently that I will not mention and I swear to God I will never pay more than $40 for a video game unless it's a small indie developer that deserves support.

If it is like most other games it will be $20 or less within a few months the latest batman was under $20 in about 5 weeks time

It's published by Ubisoft so I'm sure it is going to be a frequent member of any and all internet digital game sales/bundles within 4 - 6 months.

I was kidding about the $60 btw, I paid that for two games recently that I will not mention and I swear to God I will never pay more than $40 for a video game unless it's a small indie developer that deserves support.

It was CoD and BF4, wasn't it? You need a big hug if it is sir

Constant bitching about price on this forum and what you feel it's "worth". It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Capitalism. End of story.

and as capitalists we have the right to bitch and moan about prices we think are ridiculous.

I wasn't even bitching about the price, I was just stating that it didn't seem worth $60 to me personally.

Bitching would sound more like:

"What the fuck are these guys thinking?! $60 for this game? What the fuck...They should all be drug into the street and shot for this outrage!!!!1111"

I wasn't even bitching about the price, I was just stating that it didn't seem worth $60 to me personally.

"What the fuck are these guys thinking?! $60 for this game? What the fuck...They should all be drug into the street and shot for this outrage!!!!1111"

oh no no you just think you weren't bitching, but you actually were.:p

I wasn't specifically referring to you or anyone in particular it's just that we go off-topic and start talking about what we think the game is worth rather than talk about the game itself :(

back on topic.

If you haven't watched episodes 7,8,9 of southpark yet, you should, since they are basically the prologue to the stick of truth, plus they were making fun of game of thrones the whole time so I got a few good laughs out of it.

hopefully gmg has a sale going next week, i sold some ltc at the crap low price it is now for this game lol.

back on topic.

If you haven't watched episodes 7,8,9 of southpark yet, you should, since they are basically the prologue to the stick of truth, plus they were making fun of game of thrones the whole time so I got a few good laughs out of it.

of the current season? i have not really kept up with the show at all in a few years but i really should watch those if they are the prologue/building upto the game.

edit, got to love southparkstudios.com tho has all the episodes to watch.

Last edited:
Back