South Park : The Stick of Truth

My wife and I both won the game over the weekend. Agreed that the end sequences are a little quick. It's as though they wanted you to hold off on all of the side quests until the end...but I think most players ended up doing most of them much, much earlier.
As a result, from the Underpants quest on you're on the fast track toward the end.
I had a blast the entire time, but when you get to the 3rd day, you start to realize that the game is shorter than it initially seems.

My biggest gripe - the almost complete lack of Towelie in the game. Other than being a random object in a closet and a loading screen he's MIA. I know the voice actor who does him isn't always available, but it isn't like they don't have plenty of sound bites ready to roll. Hopefully if they have some DLC we'll get to see more of him.

Maybe they are saving him for the expansion, like Towlies big adventure "you wanna get high"

I beat the game tonight, 22hours total playtime (I took my time on everything).

Still missed some friends/chimpoman things.

Really really hope they have some DLC or an expansion for this game that adds at least another good 5 or so hour story.

I also noticed that the game is still at the top of the Steam sales list, so hopefully it's selling very well.

Really really hope they have some DLC or an expansion for this game that adds at least another good 5 or so hour story.

A DLC section is already in the game, hopefully its not just used for cosmetics, weapons, etc. :(

i'm gonna say the reply value sucks, game is so linear.

It has a story and sidequests, there's not like say a ton of things to do outside this, once you do every main quest/side quest there's not really any gameplay to keep you wanting to play.

However you can dot he mainquest and finish it and the game continues and you can still do sidequest/collect things you missed, etc (though there are certain collectibles and things you can't find anywhere else but during a main quest and can miss them).

I'm not going to lie. When I first saw this thread I thought to myself..."who in the fuck would buy a south park game". Well, last night I drove 30 minutes to pick up a copy for $40. Holy shit is this game funny. I never thought a comedic RPG could work out so well but damn, they did a good job.

I've also heard there is talk of further "episodes" being released. Im really hoping this is the case but this game is to good to just be done after 14-16 hours.

I think my woman and I figured out why it's taking us so much longer to play through this than other people. We're laughing so hard so often that we're not moving the game along, sometimes taking 10 minute breaks on pause to recover.

I ended up doing all of the side stuff and only missed one Chinpokomon along the way.
There's a little bit of replayability with the different classes, but the only real differentiations between them are their special attacks. Everyone can use the same weapons and wear the same armor, so the differences in the gameplay aren't as large as they could have been.

I think I'll probably play through the whole game again in 5-6 months once I've forgotten most of the gags.

I think I finished with 117 or 118 friends. There are several instances where you get 5-10 at once, so that number is a little deceiving.
I didn't use any walkthroughs or guides, so it's not like most are hidden or hard to get. After I won the game I looked up and discovered the one Chinpokomon I missed was on the UFO...so I missed him for good. Most of the others you can go back to.

Back