Resident Evil 6 Official Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 232162
  • Start date
Kinda wondering if I should pick this up or not. Only $40 on Steam, comes with RE5 (which I enjoyed a lot on PS3 but don't own for PC) and now the Season Pass for free. I've heard mixed reviews but I liked RE5, sooo...

Kinda wondering if I should pick this up or not. Only $40 on Steam, comes with RE5 (which I enjoyed a lot on PS3 but don't own for PC) and now the Season Pass for free. I've heard mixed reviews but I liked RE5, sooo...

RE6 is a Michael Bay-inspired QTE spamfest. RE5 is easily the better game, by a long fucking way.

Played a few hours of RE6 on the PS3 with my buddy this weekend and I have to agree that RE5 is hands down the superior co-op game. This game has way too many quick-time events that just kill the pacing of the game and the new upgrade system is boring. That said, it still has co-op so we'll continue playing and screaming like little girls.

Looks like I missed all the Greenman epic deals. Doesn't look like there's an active 20% off voucher for Greenman either right now, a first I'd have to say, as they always have a deal.

So, it's out presumably. Anyone grab the PC version? How is it?

I ended up buying both Crysis 3 and Far Cry 3 on sale last week...plus Bioshock is coming next week so this one will have to wait. If people hate it as much as it seems, hopefully it'll drop in price sooner than later, too.

I haven't played yet but just reading the Steam discussions it looks like there's a problem with ATi cards. Users get a crash and an 'out of memory' error.

This shoulda been a stand alone action game not related to the RE series. 5 was a good progression from 4 but 4 shoulda been its on series. Good news is, if you own a console the game is about 20$ last time I checked.

Wont buy it for the asking price. Bring me the steam summer sale. 10 bucks sounds about right to me.....I can accept being disappointed for 10 bucks.

This game sucks on the console, bad. The controls are ridiculous. If it's any better on the PC, I might pick it up.

Can you shoot and move at the same time? I didn't like RE5 because you had to stand still to kill the zombies.

Can you shoot and move at the same time? I didn't like RE5 because you had to stand still to kill the zombies.

You can but I don't recommend it. You don't exactly have a ton of ammo to burn. This game is a lot more melee-centric than the previous iterations.

I've been playing this on console with my friend on "No Hope" difficulty for our first playthrough so we don't have the luxury of maxed out skills. Ammo is really scarce so you gotta save your big guns for elites and bosses. 99% of the trash zombies are taken out by stunning them with a single Quickshot and then melee'ing till they die.

You can but I don't recommend it. You don't exactly have a ton of ammo to burn. This game is a lot more melee-centric than the previous iterations.

I've been playing this on console with my friend on "No Hope" difficulty for our first playthrough so we don't have the luxury of maxed out skills. Ammo is really scarce so you gotta save your big guns for elites and bosses. 99% of the trash zombies are taken out by stunning them with a single Quickshot and then melee'ing till they die.

I'll be curious to see what you think of the game after completing the Leon chapter. I went from being somewhat interested, to mildly disliking it, to outright hating it by the time we got through (and this was on hard difficulty I believe). We played a little bit of Chris' mission several months later, after the initial anger wore off, that was pretty boring as well but less frustrating.

I'll be curious to see what you think of the game after completing the Leon chapter. I went from being somewhat interested, to mildly disliking it, to outright hating it by the time we got through (and this was on hard difficulty I believe). We played a little bit of Chris' mission several months later, after the initial anger wore off, that was pretty boring as well but less frustrating.

Yea, We're halfway through Chris' campaign and it definitely feels more like a bad arcade-shooter but still fun just cause its co-op. From what I hear, Chris' campaign is the worst so it should only get better from here on out? :p

hmmm...so hard to articulate. Is getting kicked in the left nut better than getting kicked in the right nut...semantics lol

Yea, We're halfway through Chris' campaign and it definitely feels more like a bad arcade-shooter but still fun just cause its co-op. From what I hear, Chris' campaign is the worst so it should only get better from here on out? :p

I thought Chris' was the best. It succeeds at its goal of being a generic but functional third-person shooter.

Just a heads up for people that haven't seen it, don't play it for the graphics because it's ugly as sin on the PC. I think that while developing it, they wanted to make the models look better or add more explosions and it required that they make a trade-off so it could run on consoles so they used tiny textures. I knew they weren't going to be pretty but imagine a Nintendo 64 game and then think a little higher-res than that and you have RE6.

While getting used to the controls (360 gamepad) I think I unintentionally ate at least three herbs throughout the intro. Eff using KBM, I prefer gamepads for QTE fest.

I got this game today and holy hell is it riddled with problems for me :-(

Sometimes the light sources flicker on and off depending on where you have the camera. Sometimes it will crash for no reason. Other times it will report an error "ERR08: Out of video memory". When things are up and running the FPS will often take a nose dive. For example; when playing as Leon while held up in the gun shack everything will go to crap until you get off the bus.

This would be with an 7870 XT and 16GB of RAM. :mad: Oh and why the hell is this game running in DX9? RE5 had DX10 support and I would have thought Capcom would have moved on to DX11 by now...

Sometimes the light sources flicker on and off depending on where you have the camera. Sometimes it will crash for no reason. Other times it will report an error "ERR08: Out of video memory". When things are up and running the FPS will often take a nose dive. For example; when playing as Leon while held up in the gun shack everything will go to crap until you get off the bus.

This would be with an 7870 XT and 16GB of RAM. :mad: Oh and why the hell is this game running in DX9? RE5 had DX10 support and I would have thought Capcom would have moved on to DX11 by now...

Well, there have only been hundreds of negative reviews from both professional sites and users for six months about how fucking terrible this game is, so anybody who has bought this and doesn't like it only has himself to blame. Anyone who thought the PC version would be magically better is deluded.

So sad how they've handled the RE franchise, both in terms of design decisions and technical blunders. I truly hope it can get back on track. I'd love to see a game that had the mood of RE1 or RE2 but with better gameplay mechanics. Kind of like how Tomb Raider: Anniversary or TR: Legend kind of redefined that series.

So sad how they've handled the RE franchise, both in terms of design decisions and technical blunders. I truly hope it can get back on track. I'd love to see a game that had the mood of RE1 or RE2 but with better gameplay mechanics. Kind of like how Tomb Raider: Anniversary or TR: Legend kind of redefined that series.
I don't really agree with that, I prefer 5...5 was ridiculous but the co op was fantastic. Also the upgrade system was really fun.

It seems to have some major problems with ATi cards and I read from somewhere that the only reason RE5 had DX10 was to support stereo 3D but other than that it had no DX10 effects.

dont buy this crap.. horrible game feels like not RE anymore :(
I played the intro and Jake's chapter 1 and I'm really feeling why this game sucks but I will continue to subject myself to it all until I'm done. I think an NPC respawned right on top of me once during a boss fight. It's damn ridiculous.

I don't really agree with that, I prefer 5...5 was ridiculous but the co op was fantastic. Also the upgrade system was really fun.

Don't agree with which part? I haven't played 5 yet (it's still waiting in my Steam backlog), but the general consensus seems to be that it is superior to 6...which seems to be what you are saying too. But to me, 5 doesn't look like a very awesome single player experience like the originals were. It might be great via co-op but I don't buy RE for co-op...never have. It would be a cool addition but I don't want it to be the only way to get any enjoyment out of the game.

Let's disregard the originals and start at RE4. 4 was considered the greatest, or one of the greatest in the series, by many. Then 5 came out and it was very much a mixed bag. I don't recall anyone claiming it was the greatest unless you are just a co-op nut. Now we have 6 and some of these comments about it are just abysmal. It's just disappointing to see where things seem to be heading unless some big changes are made.

I was just trying to say that the series has changed a lot from what made it popular and I'd like to see it get back to its roots via a "reboot" that is similar in style and atmosphere to the originals (but with less frustrating/limiting gameplay mechanics).

AMD 7970 Artifacts, Bug, Glitch :mad:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=133553953

2048x1280.resizedimage

:(

I loved RE4. RE5 wasn't as good, but was still good. RE6 is just terrible. The idea of split story lines that merge could have been good, but the game play just sucks. I don't care that its become a shooter, but at least make it a good one.

I agree with you bud. I hear the Resident Evil: Revelations sort of goes back to the "franchise" in that it will be more horror survival and puzzle-based like the older RE. It's currently out for the 3DS and will be out PC and Console in May this year. I'm not sure what to take from that... possibly a port. Anyone played Revelations?

I didn't like 5 at all. But then again I loved 1 & 2 then skipped to #5. So I only know the best of the series. :)

So that's a resounding 'no' then from the crowd, even for the $32 price at Greenman? What about for one play-through with co-op?

So that's a resounding 'no' then from the crowd, even for the $32 price at Greenman? What about for one play-through with co-op?

It may sound harsh but I wouldn't pay 10 dollars for it. If you want more of the co op from 5, you're going to miss out. Let me give you an example of co op in Leon's campaign

Game starts, some ridiculous plot begins (which is ok with me)
Fight some zombies
Notice that you now have a status bar
Spend time punching, roundhouse kicking and doing melee moves over and over again to save ammo. Stamina runs out, run away from zombies until it regains a bit, go melee some more.
Beat a chapter and use points to unlock various skills (upgrade melee damage etc). There is no money in this game and you do not have a gun upgrade system like the previous games had.
I think you have to fight the main boss 6 times over the course of the game, it gets extremely annoying.

Personally, I missed the tank controls. Your characters now move faster but they are very clunky. There are a lot more zombies as well which kind of ruins the RE atmosphere IMO (which is less, more powerful zombies). Now, they are a bit faster, a lot more of them and they are everywhere.

The story in 5 wasn't great but it was at least engaging enough to move me from one point to the other. I loved the melee setup in 5, it took some skill. Shooting a zombie in the knee a few times then delivering a crushing uppercut was a great feeling. Even better, combo melee with your partner to deliver a devastating attack. Now, you just spam a melee button over and over again, no skill and very boring.

The story is absolutely terrible as well. RE started to get a bit over the top in 5 and they went off the fucking wall in 6. It is literally like a bad Michael Bay movie, explosions and absolutely no story to speak of, very boring.

The good...hmmm...some of the new monster types were kind of interesting. Having several seperate perspectives that merge into one could have been absolutely awesome...instead, it turned into some cobbled up mess.

My friend and I played through 5 about 3 times, my favorite things were the weapon upgrade system, new game +, I kind of liked the story, some great enemies (like the crazed chainsaw guy) and the game had a steady but fair challenge on the harder difficulties. I also liked the rapport between Sheva and Chris.

The same friend and I played through the Leon and Chris chapters on 6. We got through the Leon chapter in a day and we both hated it. A few months later, we played through Chris' chapter and I couldn't wait to be done. We may finish the game in another few months, solely because it is a co op experience.

Most dissapointing game in the past 3 years for me. I thought they were going to make mediocre single player but fun co op experience like RE5...instead, I don't know what they made.

Anyone notice this game have absolutely terrible texture resolution?

I find this game feels like a PS2 than a PS3 game for some reason...

The graphic in RE5 PC is far superior than RE6 PC.....

The gameplay wise, RE6 is a woe.....

Anyone notice this game have absolutely terrible texture resolution?

I find this game feels like a PS2 than a PS3 game for some reason...

The graphic in RE5 PC is far superior than RE6 PC.....

The gameplay wise, RE6 is a woe.....

I can't really remember RE5 but some in RE6 are really bad. I've only played for a few minutes when you get to the Humvee, I mean that is just bad. Like no one cared bad or we had a great group of guys in China or India do it bad.

OMG! I'm in shock at how bad RE6 is. What the hell happened? Capcom should be ashamed of themselves.

This game is worse than RE5? I thought RE5 was terrible. Ha ha I guess I'll skip this in the bargain bin then.

I bought it just to play co-op with a friend and it's mildly fun. I do miss RE4 and the attache case and the salesman dude. I absolutely HATE how you use items in this game though.

As far as the graphics go, they seemed quite good to me. Admittedly many textures can be bad up close on certain surfaces but it looks real nice with a much higher res and everything else on high.

I've been playing for maybe 15 hours now and it's really not a terrible game. I think that the most frustrating parts include the QTEs and scenes where they make you run while the camera is facing you so you can see the enemy behind you instead of letting you see what is in front of you. Most of my deaths are shitty camera angles and QTEs but fortunately that doesn't happen enough to make me not want to play.

The story is good so far (I'm maybe 65% complete) because I have yet to find out what exactly is going on but I saw an interesting piece of footage on Ada so that got me really interested. There's a guide on the Steam community that recommends a specific order to play the missions; before I saw that I played Jake's complete mission but that didn't seem to spoil the ending so I'm guessing that playing Ada's mission last is what concludes the story. You can play missions separately and the game remembers everything so you can jump around without losing inventory.

I wouldn't say that RE6 is an impressive game but it offers some replay value and even has split screen co-op. You can also move and shoot now.

I haven't had any technical issues with the game and it probably doesn't take much to run it because my GTX480 handles it with settings maxed.

I bought this and think I probably understand the issues with it that nobody ever seemed to properly convey. That said, fans of 4 and 5 might still like it. I don't hate it or love it.

1. The game levels are very linear. There really isn't much in the way of exploration, and everything feels like just a series of hallways. If there are 2 paths, you can bet your bottom dollar that one way is locked and the key to open it is on the opposite path.

2. The game is hard. While it seems like you can endlessly keep dying, ammo is scarce this time. I don't think I ran out of ammo in all of RE4 or 5. I've been totally out in several big fights in 6 and had to win with my knife.

3. The online features make the game 10x harder. When other players enter your game as enemies - they often respawn endlessly as harder-than-average enemies. Easy areas become a deathtrap. Turn that stuff OFF in your first play. I got sick of 15 dogs mauling me in the first graveyard and you probably will, too.

4. Inventory = weak sauce. In fact, most of the RPG elements are gone now. You just combine the best plants you have onhand and try to keep some ammo.

OMG! I'm in shock at how bad RE6 is. What the hell happened? Capcom should be ashamed of themselves.

This was my impression when I fired up the game last night.

Sorry about the necro, but I finally had a chance to try this game after picking it up about two Steam sales ago for about $10.

How many of you guys have beat this game? In the hour that I played last night, the game did *not* get any better for me. Everything felt so scripted. How the hell can this series get worse with every new installment?

If I didn't like this game after one hour, any chance I'll change my mind after two more?

Back