Resident Evil 6 Official Thread

BiH115

Gif Guy
I didn't see a thread on this...though that's probably because there's little to no news on this game, but I could have sworn it was slated for an October 2 release, only to be disappointed when I read that it was the 360 and PS3 versions that were coming out. The PC version seems to be, like RE5, a secondary project, though I do hear that the PC team is working hard (we'll see though).

Anyone have any interesting news, general comments, or past RE things to add? :D

I'm pumped, mostly for co-op and the fact that the videos make it look just so damn good. I played every single RE, and I'm one of those people that didn't mind the way RE5 took the genre, though I do wish it wasn't so combat focused as it is now. Still, I enjoyed RE5 on the PC with a friend. We've beaten it several times and are looking forward to doing the same in 6.

Demo is on XBL/PSN right now. It feels much more like Dead Space now. Not that it's a bad thing. I have mix feelings about Chris's campaign. The demo felt like Call of Evil or Residents of War. Leon felt more like RE4/5 while Jake is kind of in between the two.

Demo is on XBL/PSN right now. It feels much more like Dead Space now. Not that it's a bad thing. I have mix feelings about Chris's campaign. The demo felt like Call of Evil or Residents of War. Leon felt more like RE4/5 while Jake is kind of in between the two.

Hm, you don't say. Want to elaborate more on the Chris's campaign mixed feelings? More details. :)

The videos I watched of the beginning of the Leon campaign had me goosebumpey, so that's making the anticipation rise even higher. There seemed to be that traditional "RE vibe" emanating from the videos I watched, so I'm hoping it sticks throughout the campaign(s).

hey what what what? wait what about Jiiiiillll!!! and claire redfield omg im gonna check google youre gonna take too long to answer! :D

god motherfucking dammit! :mad:

...? What's wrong? :confused:

Also I just don't understand why Capcom always drops the ball with PC users, granted, I do like that they DO support the PC market, but when it came to say, RE4 with it's piss poor mouse support and the awful graphics, it makes you wonder. RE5 ran beautifully and you can tell that it'd work well with the PC, but it seems that the PC is even less than a side thought, rather a distraction really. I bet there won't even be a demo for 6 heh, which is disappointing. It's the thought that counts Capcom. :mad:

I'm confused. Really confused. :confused:

What is it exactly that you're upset about?

:(

jillvalentineclaireredf.jpg

yes D4rkn3ss is happy but D4rkn3ss is big fan of both Jill Valentine and Claire Redfield, D4rkn3ss is sick of Leon Kennedy and Chris Redfield plus wheres Albert Wesker? Wesker is soo cool, awww... :(

yes D4rkn3ss is happy but D4rkn3ss is big fan of both Jill Valentine and Claire Redfield, D4rkn3ss is sick of Leon Kennedy and Chris Redfield plus wheres Albert Wesker? Wesker is soo cool, awww... :(

He took rockets to the face and melted a-la Star Wars: Episode 3. He needs to stay dead.

Wesker is apparently officially dead after RE5.

I'm betting the PC version will probably be released around 2 months after the console version. The console (PS3) version is done and pirated already so they have no excuse to drag their asses.

Wesker is apparently officially dead after RE5.

I'm betting the PC version will probably be released around 2 months after the console version. The console (PS3) version is done and pirated already so they have no excuse to drag their asses.

In the back of my head, I know it'll take 1-2 months more, maybe even longer, but I was hoping it wouldn't take that long, just a sliver of hope heh. Looks like the new Hitman will be keeping my attention in November more so than RE6.

I'm definitely going to be picking this up. Hopefully it'll be on Steam to make life a little easier.
RE4 is one of my favorite games of all time, and while 5 was flawed, I still had fun with it.

LIES! WESKER IS IMMORTAL!!! :mad:

well, its personal, its kinda like a tv series that you love but when the next season start they decide to take out all the characters that you like... still playing though :D

Just played the RE6 demo on 360 and I had a blast, but I'll have even more fun when I can play the game with a mouse and keyboard.

Playing as Sherry Birkin and zipping and darting around with nothing but a Stun Rod and kicking the shit out of everything (even the mutant rats) was extremely satisfying.

Between resident evil ....not sure how i feel about it, i got the demo but havent played it yet. Im actuslly more of a silrnt hill fan myself... Those games are just... Well more fucked up :)

Between resident evil ....not sure how i feel about it, i got the demo but havent played it yet. Im actuslly more of a silrnt hill fan myself... Those games are just... Well more fucked up :)

You just can't really compare the two games. They're both horror, sure, but the way they go about introducing it is an entirely different experience. I look at Silent Hill as a psychological thriller, where you really start to feel the loneliness kick in when traveling around town, and seeing the monstrosities really brings about a sense of dread that's unlike anything else out there. Resident Evil was always more of an action game to me. Now that's not to kick die hard enthusiasts in the teeth (I am one), but it was never the slow and somber experience that I got from the SH series. I tend to race around and kill things like an action hero within the RE universe, whereas in the SH universe, I tend to take it slow, and cry every few moments :D .

Completely different to me.

Hm, you don't say. Want to elaborate more on the Chris's campaign mixed feelings? More details. :)

The videos I watched of the beginning of the Leon campaign had me goosebumpey, so that's making the anticipation rise even higher. There seemed to be that traditional "RE vibe" emanating from the videos I watched, so I'm hoping it sticks throughout the campaign(s).

You get a squad and fight zombies with guns. Dialog right out of other military shooters. You even have “the rookie” assigned to you lol.

It wasn't bad but it didn't feel like RE either.

You get a squad and fight zombies with guns. Dialog right out of other military shooters. You even have “the rookie” assigned to you lol.

It wasn't bad but it didn't feel like RE either.

Hmm, I see what you mean, and know exactly what you're talking about. Here's hoping that it fleshes itself out more as the story goes on...hopefully not too much of an "Activision Intrustion" as I like to call it.

Hmm, I see what you mean, and know exactly what you're talking about. Here's hoping that it fleshes itself out more as the story goes on...hopefully not too much of an "Activision Intrustion" as I like to call it.

Leon and Jake I'm excited for the most. I'm curious how long each campaign is. I’ve heard Ada’s story is unlockable after completing all 3. Not sure if that is true but cool if it is.

Played the demo on the PS3. It's waaay too zoomed in. The character fills about 12080% of the screen. It didn't give me headaches or other stuff people whine about, but it did make it feel like you were running around 1m behind some woman/guy you were using as a meat sheild at times (same as 5). I was playing it off the normal PC monitor at a desk, so that might have had some effect. Would definately pick up the PC version over the console based on that.

It was nice to fight zombies again (though thats all you fight in the mission I played). Also to run out of ammo, which was nice. But then you could just kick zombies asses hand to hand anyway, so you didn't really feel vulnerable ever. There were zombies with weapons, but I don't think I saw one use one ever.

The co op campains look worth doing, and I like the setting more than 5. :D

. There seemed to be that traditional "RE vibe" emanating from the videos I watched, so I'm hoping it sticks throughout the campaign(s).

That "traditional RE vibe" died after Code Veronica for me. RE 4 just didn't do it for me. I am still looking forward to RE6 to play, but it is looking less and less like Resident Evil to me. I just got done replaying RE2 and RE3 on my PS Vita. What fantastic games. I'm replaying Code Veronica now (my favorite RE game).

Btw, I saw on the PSN that some new Resident Evil games have released. I think one is Umbrella Chronicles and the other is something else. What are they called? Also, are they only Move games or are they more pre-RE4 style? Are they any good? Worth it?

And one last note, why the hell won't Capcom port over the Resident Evil remake and Resident Evil 0 over to PSN that only came out on Gamecube? I want to play those really bad, but i hate the goddamn Gamecube controller. I bought a used Gamecube from Gamestop just to play those games but I hate the controller. I suppose I could always get this: http://www.amazon.com/Wii-GameCube-Converter-PS2-Dance-Support/dp/B000F7B516

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That "traditional RE vibe" died after Code Veronica for me. RE 4 just didn't do it for me. I am still looking forward to RE6 to play, but it is looking less and less like Resident Evil to me. I just got done replaying RE2 and RE3 on my PS Vita. What fantastic games. I'm replaying Code Veronica now.

Btw, I saw on the PSN that some new Resident Evil games have released. I think one is Umbrella Chronicles and the other is something else. What are they called? Also, are they only Move games or are they more pre-RE4 style? Are they any good? Worth it?

And one last note, why the hell won't Capcom port over the Resident Evil remake and Resident Evil 0 over to PSN that only came out on Gamecube? I want to play those really bad, but i hate the goddamn Gamecube controller.

I was talking about the return to Raccoon really, but I'd agree that feeling of dread isn't really there to be honest. RE4 was one of my favorites, next to two and the original one of course. I really liked how they handled the camera in 4, as I was never a fan of the fixed angle in the originals. Call me new-school, but I just thought it was cumbersome, inaccurate, and awful. Good riddance IMO. Though that's not to say that I don't still enjoy playing those games for the story.

RE5 absolutely killed it for me man.. honestly. co-op ruins games like these. why would i want to play co-op dead space / RE? that sounds terrible. especially if its split screen

RE4 was still good if you ask me

I was talking about the return to Raccoon really, but I'd agree that feeling of dread isn't really there to be honest. RE4 was one of my favorites, next to two and the original one of course. I really liked how they handled the camera in 4, as I was never a fan of the fixed angle in the originals. Call me new-school, but I just thought it was cumbersome, inaccurate, and awful. Good riddance IMO. Though that's not to say that I don't still enjoy playing those games for the story.

I liked the camera angles in the old RE games. It gave you the suspense feeling like you didn't know what was coming around the corner. Imagine playing Resident Evil 2 with the Resident Evil 4 control scheme. It wouldn't work unless you could strafe around corners, then it would be cumbersome... and I liked the imposed realistic-looking backgrounds of the old games. RE5 I just couldn't take seriously. RE4 was okay but not great by any means. I think it retarded the suspense or running out of ammo and having to find items as opposed being able to just buy items. I miss having challenge in games... where if you die and you didn't save recently (limited saves too which no checkpoints) with a ink ribbon then you get pissed. lol. I miss that. Not to mention that tension throughout my entire playthrough of RE3... never knowing when Nemesis would turn up again. And that music when he was nearby... my hands were sweating. Never felt that since Code Veronica. Less tension when you know there are checkpoints. Less tension when you know you have a BUNCH of ammo.

Just sayin... gamers are turning into little kids with ADD. If there isn't a explosion every minute or if it's too hard... they just don't feel like playing. Just my observation. Resident Evil has been my favorite franchise of all time right next to Metal Gear Solid.

RE5 absolutely killed it for me man.. honestly. co-op ruins games like these. why would i want to play co-op dead space / RE? that sounds terrible. especially if its split screen

RE4 was still good if you ask me

RE wasn't scary, ever, so co-op is icing on the cake really. Dead Space being scary is like the movie "Road Trip" being funny, it just doesn't work that way. Co-op in any game is a welcome addition IMO, and it only serves to make it more fun. RE5 was a blast and a half with co-op'ing through it on a weekend. Most fun I have in games is when more than one person is involved in a personal story.

RE wasn't scary, ever, so co-op is icing on the cake really. Dead Space being scary is like the movie "Road Trip" being funny, it just doesn't work that way. Co-op in any game is a welcome addition IMO, and it only serves to make it more fun. RE5 was a blast and a half with co-op'ing through it on a weekend. Most fun I have in games is when more than one person is involved in a personal story.

RE was hella scary. especially 1 and 2.

Yeeeeah, I think I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there *Coffee Sip*.

how old were you in 1996 when RE 1 came out?

I was 8 years old and that game was scary as shit.

Yeah I was 8 as well, and it wasn't scary as shit. :p

I'm dead serious. SH freaks me out to no end, but Resident Evil is just plain fun.

Seriously. I'll be 26 this week and I just played through RE3 a week ago and it scared the shit out of me more than a few times. I guess maybe the word "scary" is subjective. Like Silent Hill 2 is scary as shit, but Resident Evil is more... suspenseful?

Seriously. I'll be 26 this week and I just played through RE3 a week ago and it scared the shit out of me more than a few times.

:D

Fatal Frame scared the poo out of me as well, next to SH. Just something about that Psychological aspect drives me nuts. I just didn't get that vibe from the RE games at all. I just had fun blasting zombies.

** Also happy early birthday.

Back