Resident Evil 6 Official Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 232162
  • Start date
:D

Fatal Frame scared the poo out of me as well, next to SH. Just something about that Psychological aspect drives me nuts. I just didn't get that vibe from the RE games at all. I just had fun blasting zombies.

** Also happy early birthday.

Thank you. You know what, Fatal Frame was awesome. Totally unique and truely creepy. I've been wanting to replay those for forever, but the games in decent condition even on Ebay still go for over $25. Maybe i'll get those and have a Fatal Frame marathon during Halloween. :cool:

parasite eve doesnt get a shout out?

Parasite Eve was a great game, creepy vibe and atmosphere. I didn’t think it scary though. Hard to be in a game that plays more like a turned based game.

Now Dino Crisis made me jump a few times.

Parasite Eve was a great game, creepy vibe and atmosphere. I didn’t think it scary though. Hard to be in a game that plays more like a turned based game.

thats true it was more creepy. although i must admit when the rat morphs in the beginning i turned the lights on. just sayin :D

hahah dino crisis definitely made me jump a few times too

If there was EVER a franchise that needed a 2012 refresh it's this one. Since we can't get a decent Jurassic Park game, they should bring back a survival horror dinosaur game. I've never finished any of them. I think I might have to give those a visit again.

This still doesn't seem to be what I want out of RE. The 3DS Resident Evil was similar to the old games.

wesker always die, always come back.. guy is freaking cool :D

And one last note, why the hell won't Capcom port over the Resident Evil remake and Resident Evil 0 over to PSN that only came out on Gamecube? I want to play those really bad, but i hate the goddamn Gamecube controller. I bought a used Gamecube from Gamestop just to play those games but I hate the controller. I suppose I could always get this: http://www.amazon.com/Wii-GameCube-Converter-PS2-Dance-Support/dp/B000F7B516

both run pretty fine on dolphin.. plus it can run 4x the internal resolution (2560x2112) with AA and AF and you can config/use whatever controler you want.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
wesker always die, always come back.. guy is freaking cool :D

both run pretty fine on dolphin.. plus it can run 4x the internal resolution (2560x2112) with AA and AF and you can config/use whatever controler you want.

i want dolphin but i hate the wiimote.. although i really want to play the two zeldas that were on wii. i didnt play either of them

how could you hate the gamecube controller? its a great controller. you crazy. I even have an adapter so i can use the gamecube controller on my PC

i want dolphin but i hate the wiimote.. although i really want to play the two zeldas that were on wii. i didnt play either of them

Zelda: Twilight Princess was also on the Gamecube. You could easily play it with a controller. Skyward Sword might be the best use of the Wii-mote I've seen. Can't say I loved it but I didn't hate it either.

why use a wiimote then? i use a cheap logitech F310 on dolphin/pcsx2/epsxe, dont like any of the wii games though..

:D

Fatal Frame scared the poo out of me as well, next to SH. Just something about that Psychological aspect drives me nuts. I just didn't get that vibe from the RE games at all. I just had fun blasting zombies.

** Also happy early birthday.

Waa, I wasn't another Fatal Frame! They did make another but they decided theyd give up on having people buy it (like Tenchu and Monster Hunter) by releasing on the Wii, the only console with a 12- rating. :(

Waa, I wasn't another Fatal Frame! They did make another but they decided theyd give up on having people buy it (like Tenchu and Monster Hunter) by releasing on the Wii, the only console with a 12- rating. :(

I know they did a remake on the Wii for Fatal Frame 2 but don't think it ever made it to the states.

I know they did a remake on the Wii for Fatal Frame 2 but don't think it ever made it to the states.

According to the wiki the latest one (Zero: TnK) hasn't yet, and looks like it never will. Fatal frame 2 on the Wii also didn't make it to the US, but made it to Europe. Not really sure why (maybe lack of popularity, I mean if they released it in Europe they must have done an English/Spanish translation. But there was apparently some campaign by fans).

The most recent edition only sold 73,449 copies... So that might be why. The localization (for Europe) was canceled, and theres nothing about a US version. However, it says if you import a copy from Japan, the developers released an "unofficial" localization patch.

Leon's campaign is Kung Fu Zombies. Chris' campaign is Michael Bay Zombies. Jake's campaign is Tacticool Dumbass Zombies.

The controls are absolutely horrid, even for Resident Evil standards.

What a complete and total turd.

So...is this coming out on Steam or what? I see a listing for it, but it just says "2013" for the release date.

just saw this.. http://www.gamespot.com/resident-evil-6/videos/video-review-resident-evil-6-6397436/

skipping it like i skipped operation raccoon city.. not even for free, it doesnt worth the bother.. sincerely, as it is, instead of buying it i would charge something like $500 to $1500 to play it because time aint free.

Honestly, it looks like RE5 to me, and I liked RE5, went through it a few times with a friend, we had a blast. This looks just like that, so more goodness to me. :confused:

I didn't like the changes in RE4 but it was still an OK game in it's own right. Capcom went a step further towards action-adventure with RE5, and now with RE6 they just went all out 3rd person shooter. This isn't even a survival horror franchise anymore. I'm really enjoying the negative reviews on RE6. If Capcom wanted to make a 3rd person shooter, that's fine, but why did they have to screw up an awesome franchise to do it?

RE4 was action-based, but it had pacing. They built the game around the controls. It's my favorite of the series just because everything was so polished and orchestrated. It made for a nice horror/action hybrid.

RE5 is a flat-out bad shooter that desperately needed a more modern control scheme. This one seems to be more of the same.

I didn't like the changes in RE4 but it was still an OK game in it's own right. Capcom went a step further towards action-adventure with RE5, and now with RE6 they just went all out 3rd person shooter. This isn't even a survival horror franchise anymore. I'm really enjoying the negative reviews on RE6. If Capcom wanted to make a 3rd person shooter, that's fine, but why did they have to screw up an awesome franchise to do it?

Think of it this way: the RE universe had to escalate to a global all-out war. It was the only logical outcome. :p I mean how many times can you roam the same mansion and city?

Reviews are all over the place.

Gametrailers - 8.8
GameInformer - 8.75/10
Strategy Informer - 8.5/10
IGN - 7.9/10
CVG - 8/10
Joystiq - 2.5 Stars (out of 5)
Eurogamer 6/10
GameSpot 4.5/10
Destructoid 3/10

The good reviews are clearly done by people who enjoy the current gaming trends of endless QTE and cutscene spam. They probably think COD is the pinnacle of gaming design *sigh*.

Having played the demo, and looking at the money-grabbing direction it has taken all of its franchises in now, Capcom is completely dead to me.

"Kevin VanOrd is a lifelong RPG lover and violin player. When he isn't busy building PCs and composing symphonies, he watches American Dad reruns with his fat cat, Ollie."

Okay.

WTF? Why was he reviewing this?

He is the site's best reviewer by far, and more often than not will tear a game apart if it deserves it.

He is the site's best reviewer by far, and more often than not will tear a game apart if it deserves it.

That's great but he doesn't seem at all like the kind of guy who would buy the game of his own volition. :confused: Also, best reviewer? Highly subjective, trashing game genres you're not in to doesn't make it right.

"Kevin VanOrd is a lifelong RPG lover and violin player. When he isn't busy building PCs and composing symphonies, he watches American Dad reruns with his fat cat, Ollie."

Okay.

WTF? Why was he reviewing this?

A person loving one genre does not preclude them from enjoying others. It is incredibly shallow to assume as much.

A person loving one genre does not preclude them from enjoying others. It is incredibly shallow to assume as much.

Hey it's all the info I have. As do you. :p I'd still rather get a review from a person who perhaps played and enjoyed the previous RE-games. Call that biased, but it's the kind of opinion you can base something on if you enjoyed them too.

ninjaedit

Last edited:
That's great but he doesn't seem at all like the kind of guy who would buy the game of his own volition. :confused: Also, best reviewer? Highly subjective, trashing game genres you're not in to doesn't make it right.

Wow, you really can't tell that the bio is tongue-in-cheek? Concrete thinker much...

He has done dozens of reviews of games in all game types, and given high scores to non-RPG games. Compare this to the other big reviewer on the site, Chris Watters, who is a badly-disguised Microsoft fanboy and does infomercial-worthy video reviews of 360-exclusives like Halo Reach and Gears of War 3.

VanOrd could be a fucking Buddhist monk from Mars and it still wouldn't change the fact that he is completely right about how shit Resident Evil 6 is.

Not really surprised at some of the reviews, after playing the demo I could easily tell it was the worst RE by far.

It's too bad that RE6 is getting such poor reviews given that Capcom specifically stated they took the best from 4 and 5 (namely the "survival horror" in 4 and the fast paced, action style of 5). I played RE5 on PS3 with a friend and Co-op was a BLAST. This is precisely why we're getting RE6 this week: because of the Co-op and Mercenary mode. If you're playing thru by yourself, I can see why the experience would be totally different.

RE series officially died for me at 5, 4 was still good and playing the Wii edition helped the experience too. Capcom either needs to stop milking this series and send it off or go back to a more survival horror focus ala Dead Space (even though DS is very loosely survival horror)

RE5 was shit. fucking hated it. no way is that a RE game

yeah, RE4 was shitty too. the "resident evil" series was over after Resident Evil Zero, what came later was just some random action games that had nothing in common with the resident evil series except for the title and some character names, im not falling for that again.

They should have gone back to the roots and not take parts from 4 and 5 its just not working right and reviews and after playing demo we can all agree on that.

I'd be happier with a flat-out sequel to Resident Evil 4 and scrap all of the other ones. I still think that one had the best setting other than maybe the original.

While I don't think it's the intention of the article, this piece from OXM really comes off as the writer telling every reviewer that had issues with some aspects of RE6 is wrong and only he is right. http://www.oxm.co.uk/46270/blog/why-im-disappointed-by-the-resident-evil-6-reviews/

The vibe I get from that article is that he thinks RE6 should be criticised on the types and execution of the changes that have been made, rather than the mere fact that there have been changes. "Ermahgerd it's not a resident evil!" seems to be the least of this game's problems, so I tend to agree.

The vibe I get from that article is that he thinks RE6 should be criticised on the types and execution of the changes that have been made, rather than the mere fact that there have been changes. "Ermahgerd it's not a resident evil!" seems to be the least of this game's problems, so I tend to agree.

It's called Resident Evil 6, it's going to be and should be compared to Resident Evil 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Back