Post your workstations 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new Sandy Bridge build is complete. This NZXT Phantom is such an incredible case!

img0531hf.jpg

Intel i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz (38c CM Hyper 212+ @ low)
MSI P67a-GD65
2x2 G.Skill Ripjaws
Sapphire Radeon HD6950 modded to 6970 820/1400
WD Raptor 150
Audigy 2ZS
Corsair TX750W
NZXT Phantom White
ASUS 23.6" VH242H

Now I need to work on gettin' that SB up to 5ghz! :D

Beautiful! We have nearly identical parts =D

I called NZXT today and they are sending me over some free fans so I will have LED fans on the side and on top.

Posted these in the "Ikea Desk" thread, but I guess they should be in here as well!

[EDIT] Any suggestions on hiding the monitor and speaker wires, by the way? I was thinking of punching a hole through the desk, but that thought makes me squirm.

gVmxr.jpg

SpIst.jpg

Eau7D.jpg

F3x4z.jpg

Last edited:
Also, in regards to your question on hiding the wires - you could drill (or "punch" as you state) a hole in the desk using a specialized, circular drill bit (I tried to find a link to one that I am referring to, however was unable.) Then you can purchase a cap where you can run the wires through the hole. Additionally, you could purchase one of these to get the wires out of the way; but it just looks cumbersome and somewhat ugly.

What I do with my desk is I use zip ties and wire-hiding tubes.

Also, in regards to your question on hiding the wires - you could drill (or "punch" as you state) a hole in the desk using a specialized, circular drill bit (I tried to find a link to one that I am referring to, however was unable.) Then you can purchase a cap where you can run the wires through the hole. Additionally, you could purchase one of these to get the wires out of the way; but it just looks cumbersome and somewhat ugly.

What I do with my desk is I use zip ties and wire-hiding tubes.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90171484

My newly upgrade system to i7-2600K, 16 GB of ddr3-1600 and ASUS p8p67 Pro.

In the basement (laptop desk is temporary)
IMG_2900.jpg

IMG_2899.jpg

cables are a mess... working on it.
IMG_2889.jpg

Wow I agree that is a really nice desk, makes me almost forget to look at the equipment on it!

Well here is my work in progress man cave / workstation / get away from the woman place:)

Just moved everything last week, consolidated 2 rooms, and moved into a bigger room. But you can see the modding station :D and the desktop area and then some of the other goodies if you can spot them :eek:

5412442396_45cc326c8c.jpg

5412442858_e56b450c32.jpg

My modding station with the new build that I am starting :D
5411832169_b2455cbd76.jpg

And this is the desktop station.... :) oh how did that get on there :p
5411831715_035efd0921.jpg

Haha thanks, I'm waiting on the 650D though. I'll get another pic in a second. I've just done oiling the worktop.

2janrso.png

[.IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/fbkrp4.png[/IMG]

[.IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/rh8j5w.png[/IMG]

Please do tell, what kind of flooring is that? I'm about to put down hardwoods/laminate in my new condo and I really really like that grain. The desk as well. Why the oil, and what kind?

how good is the surround sound with wow steelfrog

Pretty good, actually. I was surprised at how much it was used but it tends to be very "hard" for lack of better words. In a game where you're constantly moving around, turning, etc, the sound clips rapidly between your front, center, rear in little time and it tends to be a little annoying.

Other than that, it really fills out the space quite nicely.

might just set mine up again.
the gf has won i am now also playing wow lol
running ok on my syetem at high but need to upgrade for ultra detail hope i can win her round lol

Why thank you :D

3x 24" Asus VH242H
The TV is a 42" 1080p insignia of some kind...I picked it up second hand on the cheap

anyone know what desk this is and where I can find it?

Thank you

Errr, why yes, I do. ;)

It's an Anthro adjustable console desk, all in black with a set of extension tubes and an extra top shelf added on. I bought it from Anthro.com a few years back. I don't think they make the exact same model anymore, but have lots of other similar stuff to choose from.

Here's a pic of their current console unit (don't like the 2-tone color scheme though - would go all black again):

l6_FS_Cnslsmbk_ExtShlfvided.jpg

All of their stuff rocks! Extremely well made, but... doesn't come cheap. On the bright side, it would be the last PC desk you would ever need to buy. My printer cart (also from them) serves as an excellent 800D case holder-upper. :D I just wish it were about 4" deeper.

Last edited:
Errr, why yes, I do. ;)

It's an Anthro adjustable console desk, all in black with a set of extension tubes and an extra top shelf added on. I bought it from Anthro.com a few years back. I don't think they make the exact same model anymore, but have lots of other similar stuff to choose from.

Here's a pic of their current console unit (don't like the 2-tone color scheme though - would go all black again):

l6_FS_Cnslsmbk_ExtShlfvided.jpg

All of their stuff rocks! Extremely well made, but... doesn't come cheap. On the bright side, it would be the last PC desk you would ever need to buy. My printer cart (also from them) serves as an excellent 800D case holder-upper. :D I just wish it were about 4" deeper.

Thanks for the link, and yea not cheap at all.. LOL

Wow - I was trying to look at one of thier wraparounds and I quickly realized that I can't afford it xD

They look so ergonomic!

Errr, why yes, I do. ;)

*SNIP

I LOVE my Anthro Elevate. Yes it cost a small fortune, but as the corvette said, you'll never need another desk again. There may be a nuclear holocaust, but roaches and Anthro desks will remain. The Elevate has motorized telescoping legs. So I can go from sitting to standing in a couple seconds. I do a lot of work at home and may eventually work entirely from home, so I deemed it a reasonable expense. I need to update my pic, but the original pic from when I first got it is here:
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1033966382&postcount=1589

That's one of the fugliest desks I've ever seen! I'd much rather spend a couple hundred bucks at IKEA and pocket the rest of the cash.

img0910zw.jpg
By wuzzyman at 2011-02-04[/IMG]
img0909s.jpg
img0905v.jpg
Here are some photos of my room from way back. More like about a year ago, a lot of things have changed since then like hardwood flooring and the PC. Will update with new ones when I have time

That's one of the fugliest desks I've ever seen! I'd much rather spend a couple hundred bucks at IKEA and pocket the rest of the cash.

The two tone does look rather hideous - but all in black, without some of the attachment doodads like that PC bracket, they actually don't look all that bad. (Go back and look at my setup) The ergonomics/function these desks offer are stellar. The materials used to construct them are all of very high quality. All the tubing is very solid (not cheap thin-walled crap) and is powder coat painted.

An IKEA desk will save you lots of cash - but then quality/sturdiness/ergonomics aren't what you are after. You'll also need to replace it a few times most likely due to wear and tear over the course of several years. Anthro makes some very solid stuff that you'll only have to ever buy once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back