General Mayhem??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seros said:
I would gladly pay 15 bucks a year to support this website..

I hate fees though.. monthly.. yearly.. how about 15 bucks a year and like, as someone else said, 35 or 40 buck life time? :p

Yearly and lifetime is sounding appealing....

Hell $15 would be a bargain for a year. I know the $10 for the last up-grade was cheap for so much enjoyment. :D

AMD T-type said:
As far as the rules would go.

Obviously we can't have people running around posting !!!!!! everywhere, but allowing people to speak their mind on a topic without having to fear of the post being deleted or the user being banned would be somewhat nice.

Since the whole P4 mess two years ago, we have kept that very much to heart. You can tell me how bad our work sucks all day long, but as soon as you call names or flame, you are out of there. It is just that simple.

If you formulate your opinion and express it in an adult manner, more power to you. And quite frankly, that sort of interaction makes us all look good whether your opinion sucks or not. :)

TrueBuckeye said:
I don't know....traditionally Frg has not been big on flaming. I think a small measure of it is not only expected, but actually helps keeps people in line and lay down the law, (self policing) but I'll be surprised if Frg goes for it.

Not happening. You want to argue and use the words and thoughts of a child, you will need to do that somewhere else.

donald_k said:
What would the payment methods be besides CC? I don't have one and so far have been avoiding it because they are just another headache to take care of.

I am thinking PayPal only.

Sounds good to me. Hell, I say if GenMay comes back that even a minute long delay would be great so that every post is golden.. well almost.

Oatmeal Cream Pies

Anyway for offtopic I goto, AnythingChat.com do we really need that sort of thing here?

I would actually prefer not to have special titles to General Mayhem subscribers/members. We just eliminated post counts. UID's will be shifted into the mainstream to seperate the young from the old as far as registration and usage goes. I don't dig on elitism.

How about a discount to [H]orde Members? (I personally am not in the [H]orde, but I do like to see people contributing as a collective)

JAW said:
Oatmeal Cream Pies

Anyway for offtopic I goto, AnythingChat.com do we really need that sort of thing here?

Didn't you read the thread? We need that sort of thing here. Again. :p

Night0wl said:
I would actually prefer not to have special titles to General Mayhem subscribers/members. We just eliminated post counts. UID's will be shifted into the mainstream to seperate the young from the old as far as registration and usage goes. I don't dig on elitism.

How about a discount to [H]orde Members? (I personally am not in the [H]orde, but I do like to see people contributing as a collective)

As of now, when you subbed, you would be put into a new user group that I deemed "HardMember". :) If you had an issue with your title and wanted to just have your normal title back, that is something we could do by hand.

As for discount for people, that is an accounting nightmare and I am simply not ready to take up the task of varifying all of that. Too much work. :(

Kyle,
I'm sorry for all of the attention.. Some of it may be from my thread on Genmay.

<3?

heres the way i'd like to see it done

10-15$ for access, indefinately. of course barring bannage, or other circumstances warranting removal from the sub forum

no title, unless its ANOTHER title on top of [H]ard|Gawd, Limp|Gawd etc, i worked hard for this damnit!

slightly relaxed rules (mainly about staying on topic/thread hijacking)

eh eh?

I think the $15/year is likely the target. Most of us are cheap/poor (note: [H]otDeals, Free Stuff and the DD thread). Hopefully this will promote slightly more intelligent conversation...riiiight....

Sign me up! :D :D :D

Shouldn't be more than a $10 one time fee. There should also definitly be a kiddie corral, rather than instant bannage just to make more money like SA.

Either way, I'll probably join.

I don't think charging a yearly fee is a smart thing to do, especially when it's just for one forum. A one time fee would be a better idea, but I don't think you'd get a lot of people to sign up for 25 bucks, I certainly wouldn't.

Regulus said:
Shouldn't be more than a $10 one time fee. There should also definitly be a kiddie corral, rather than instant bannage just to make more money like SA.

Doesn't need to be a kiddie corral. And certainly doesn't need to be isntant bannage either. A point system would work!

insubordination alert! :p

Streyeder said:
I think the $15/year is likely the target. Most of us are cheap/poor (note: [H]otDeals, Free Stuff and the DD thread). Hopefully this will promote slightly more intelligent conversation...riiiight....

Sign me up! :D :D :D

I am really leaning towards $15/Yr and $40/"Lifetime".

Regulus said:

Warnings will be handed out. VBG3 has a notes section in which each user can have a permanent record. So we can keep track and indiocy and deal with it by seeing if there have been past instances logged. There will be no kiddie corral as we are not doing this for kiddies. Obviously, if you come in posting tubgirl, you will leave....for good....immediately. Otherwise, probably a loose 3-strikes-your-out system.

Also, my thoughts right now are General Mayhem with subcategories of Soapbox and WLWC. We will not be allowing sexually explicit content or links. I tried that once....did not go over well.

loose 3 strikes and you're out, ok then :confused:

And one thing botheres me about the lifetime payment discussion. It's gonna suck if someone pays 40 bucks and then the forum goes away after a year or so, then they'll want some sort of refund.

Pepsiholic said:

And one thing botheres me about the lifetime payment discussion. It's gonna suck if someone pays 40 bucks and then the forum goes away after a year or so, then they'll want some sort of refund.

I dont think that will be a problem.

Pepsiholic said:

I disagree. 3 Strikes is just fine. I posted over 2000 times in GenMay before it was closed and only had 1 thread locked and no posts deleted. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how to not break the rules.

Pepsiholic said:

I don't think that's a problem either, and think of the flipside..It stays up for 10 years, but
we weren't able to buy a lifetime subscription, then we payed $150 instead of $40.
I will gladly take the risk.

Frodo

TrueBuckeye said:
I disagree. 3 Strikes is just fine. I posted over 2000 times in GenMay before it was closed and only had 1 thread locked and no posts deleted. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how to not break the rules.

Disagree with what? I want the definition of a "loose 3 strikes" system

Pepsiholic said:
Disagree with what? I want the definition of a "loose 3 strikes" system

Crap...I read that as "lose" not "loose".

Sorry 'bout that.

Pepsiholic said:
I want the definition of a "loose 3 strikes" system

If we see you call Mr.X a "polesmoker" and not in a good way. We would delete the post, and make a note in your user file, then drop you a PM telling you not to name call or flame.

Two days later we see you call Mr. Y the "stuff that of every ass fister dreams about." We would delete the post, and make a note in your user file, then drop you a PM telling you not to name call or flame, and likely mention that you are on thin ice.

Three days later we see you call Mr. Z a "as fugly as a sagging pair of baboon tits," and not in a good way. We would delete the post, and make a note in your user file, then ban your account being a dickhead in general.

OR

If you come in and post pr0n with donkeys, or highly offensively images of dead bodies, or pictures of you on webcam...that would be consider swinging the bat three times right there.

(JK about the webcam.)

For the love of God I want to see someone call someone else...what was it again? Ah, yes, "as fugly as a sagging pair of baboon tits" in a good way.

So when and where are we signing up for the new forum? Dammit I need money in my PP acount. *digs thru parts drawer*

how bout if we dont have ANY notes in out user file and weve been here atleast a year we get like 1 month free? cept i havent been here a year :(

TrueBuckeye said:
For the love of God I want to see someone call someone else...what was it again? Ah, yes, "as fugly as a sagging pair of baboon tits" in a good way.

I love you so much, I just love the way that you are as fugly as a sagging pair of balloon tits.
It makes me feel so special that you satisfy my needs this way.

Kckazdude said:
So when and where are we signing up for the new forum? Dammit I need money in my PP acount. *digs thru parts drawer*

I have talked to all the admins that would be involved directly in the care of the new forum. They are all good to go, but we are waiting on one last one to sign off on the idea. Then we will need to test the subscription scripts and THEN we would need to take a look at the 2000 reg members that are left and get them moved over, THEN would likely open it. I can see this happening in a couple of days if it goes easy.

FrodoBaggins said:
I love you so much, I just love the way that you are as fugly as a sagging pair of balloon tits.
It makes me feel so special that you satisfy my needs this way.

Buck is right. You can't make it sound nice. Except maybe to some guy in the Congo that has a baboon tit fetish....and you know that fucker does not have Net access anyway...

Kckazdude said:
LMAO...sorry...LMAO

Actually it is already set up and working. :) VBv3 is VERY robust and has been fine tuned to do exactly this type of setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back