Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

anybody who has a beef with the games difficulty so far, just hit 35 and do the temple of qarn. several instant death mechanics.. took us 45 min to kill the first boss :0

Sounds like it's time for me to make friends with decent players. Lord knows what kind of players Duty Finder can set you up with. :p

As far as adding the game account key...for those of you that dont want to screw it up...look at this...

http://i.imgur.com/JIXRXEx.png

Also...

"
Thank you very much for playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.
Currently, an extremely high number of players are enjoying the game. Should the number of players continue to increase at the current pace, there is the possibility that our expectations and server capacity will be greatly surpassed. Therefore, in order to maintain a stable gameplay environment, we are implementing login and character creation restrictions.
In order to be able to welcome a drastically greater number of players, we are starting as early as this week with preparations to increase our facilities, to be ready by early next week. Until that time, we will be continuing to implement these restrictions as required, and we ask for your understanding and patience.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and once again thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/70022-NA-Regarding-Congestion-in-Japan-Data-Center-Worlds-%28Aug.-27%29?p=1083457#post1083457"

Hope they can fix mine..

Sounds like it's time for me to make friends with decent players. Lord knows what kind of players Duty Finder can set you up with. :p

man some of the tanks we have gotten are god awful. it doesnt help we have a scholar playing summoner so the conjurer can heal. which means hes only half a DPS unless he respects all his allocated stats

not for nothing, im a27 GLD and holding aggro can be a pita sometimes.

Yeah, it comes down to being a team effort. Tank needs to try his best to hold aggro, and DPS/Healer try their best not to pull aggro. Sometimes you just get those groups where the tank can't hold aggro, the DPS all attack their own targets, and the healer is running around trying not to die from the aggro generated trying to keep 3 people alive.

Mark targets. Helps people target correctly when they see a huge <1> above the mob's head. Also ask your group to assist off you and that if they pull aggro they're tanking it - I make exceptions for archers and mages so they can aoe spam. In either case once i have a swing on the main target and aoe taunted, I'll tab through each mob in the group and get a swing and/or single target taunt it. Then back to the main target. For the most part this works well.
Edit: Side note - If a summoner's pet gets aggro don't worry about getting it back. The pets seem to be better than MRD/WAR/GLD/PLD at tanking lol

As for bad tanks, inform them what you'd like them to do and be polite!
If they're not running past the mobs (to have the mobs back facing the rest of the party) ask them to to. "<tank name> could you turn the mobs so their backs are to us? Helps the dps a lot."
Though if it is the case the tank can't keep aggro on the main target (and everyone is assisting correctly), then you have a problem.

A good combination is Provoke to pull, flash to generate enmity for the extra enemies, then on the current target, Fast Blade -> Savage Blade, then finish the chain with Rage of Halone on the next enemy. Mix that up with Fast Blade -> Riot Blade occasionally to keep MP high.

With that I've managed to keep pretty decent hate on most enemies aside from when the THM goes ballsy and starts AoEing all enemies with Blizzard or whatever spell he's using.

marks are built into the game and should be used more often imo.

a simple 1 - 2 - 3 mark above a mobs head will help a group and enmity management a ton

Sometimes you just get those groups where the tank can't hold aggro, the DPS all attack their own targets, and the healer is running around trying not to die from the aggro generated trying to keep 3 people alive.
Oh, you were in my party two nights back?

I (CNJ) ended up tanking the final boss because of all the heal-hate I was getting from keeping our archer alive. Our GLD thought he was a DPS! >.<

And don't forget:

Shift+F = assign target as focus
T = target focus' target

Oh, and I find it handy to bind a useful key to Target Nearest Enemy. As a CNJ, if I get aggro from a mob I can quickly target it (since tab targeting sucks balls) and Fluid Aura it straight back up to the tank.

Yea, was a good link about some stuff I didnt know..

Im going to agree about thread crapping. Im just going to stop responding and start reporting, everyone else do the same..

The problem is Levi and the "Reddit" server are THE most popultaed servers. So theyre are probably going to stay closed for a little bit. They have stated that server transfers should be open in mid September. Whether thats free or if theyll only allow transfer OFF of heavy populated shards I dont know..

And lets not forget that one reason we picked Levi was to hopefully be on a high population server...there's both pros and cons to that. So far I'm having a great time, but I know it's frustrating for those who haven't been able to make a toon there yet.

If you go into the square enix account management site, then log in, and go to services at the very bottom left, it'll bring you to a "mog" page where it'll tell you exactly what kind of account you have, and you'll be able to enter your code there.
;)

Or when you go to startup the game, click on the Account icon on the login page.

IS there a way (as a dps) to only attack what the tank attacks? LIke in some mmo's how you can set it up to do this, where you attack/target what another person targets?

Would help me a ton as an archer when in a group with a lot of mobs and the tank just running into them and attacking, it's a huge pita trying ot target that one little mob he's on.

edit - regarding server and people that can't get on, I wish they'd just allow a free server transfer once the creation restrictions are lifted, to let people move to a oserver with their friends/family, I think that'd be the best thing to do.

IS there a way (as a dps) to only attack what the tank attacks? LIke in some mmo's how you can set it up to do this, where you attack/target what another person targets?

Would help me a ton as an archer when in a group with a lot of mobs and the tank just running into them and attacking, it's a huge pita trying ot target that one little mob he's on.

And don't forget:

T = target focus' target

Use the above, and set the Tank as your focus target.

edit - regarding server and people that can't get on, I wish they'd just allow a free server transfer once the creation restrictions are lifted, to let people move to a oserver with their friends/family, I think that'd be the best thing to do.

T = target focus' target

Credit to Reality.

Idk man, I was in a group last night and everyone was beyond pro. Sometimes you just get people who have been there before (not in that instance or game specifically, I mean on a general level), and know what needs to be done, because in reality, pulls are pulls in an instance, and if you've tanked or healed before, it's not difficult at all to orient yourself.

T = target focus' target

Credit to Reality.

Oops, I made a mistake. F10 is the default keybind for Target Current Focus Target. Personally I changed it as F10 is way out of the way.

Idk man, I was in a group last night and everyone was beyond pro. Sometimes you just get people who have been there before (not in that instance or game specifically, I mean on a general level), and know what needs to be done, because in reality, pulls are pulls in an instance, and if you've tanked or healed before, it's not difficult at all to orient yourself.

*nod* Sometimes you get a good group. Actually had a group yesterday where everyone was skilled and they all ate food. :eek:

I havent had a chance to do it yet since im at work. however I got my collectors ED key and i know people have had some trouble in adding it to your account. Does anyone have a step to step process on how to do this?

I havent had a chance to do it yet since im at work. however I got my collectors ED key and i know people have had some trouble in adding it to your account. Does anyone have a step to step process on how to do this?

its not convoluted or anything. you just click add windows service

do not hit add new service account.

are all the servers closed for a new character? I heard that you cant even create a new character to any servers. :(

add platform, don't add new service account.

I got an email back finally, but they said they'll be contacting me in the next 48 hours :(

i was reading there is no AFK timer so peopel are leaving there characters logged in. so this means others who are actually going to play cant log in.

can anyone confirm there is no AFK timer. cause i guess if you get in just stay logged in so you can play

i was reading there is no AFK timer so peopel are leaving there characters logged in. so this means others who are actually going to play cant log in.

can anyone confirm there is no AFK timer. cause i guess if you get in just stay logged in so you can play

There is no AFK timer.

there is no afk timer, the people who stay in just got sick of the absence of a queue so instead angrily pressing the 0 key over and over just decide to not log out, myself included

Yeah, I'm going for all of them. From 15 and up, I'm gonna ensure my crafting and gathering gear is all HQ. The HQ bonuses can really add up, which in turn yields more exp.

my mining is currently around 20 i think, and leveling botanist is pretty easy with the leve system, plus i can turn my other leve quests as botanist or any other crafting job and get the bonus exp on it

Don't know what they finally done to servers, but tonight they work as charm... Odin's stable, no queue even in peak times. I guess the Early Access served as stress test, and they were able to set things right at start.

I tossed like 80 of the tier 1 potions in the Free Company Coffer last night. Anyone is free to take what they need if they are just starting out.

I was actually quite surprised with some of the groups I've been in. DPS let the tanks lead, tanks mark the targets, and everyone burns em one at a time. I love organization lol.

Added my purchased game code to the Mog account management thing. Worked flawlessly.

Leviathan log-in still borked?

Last night I finally got into a group for Haukke Manor which by the way reminds me of Castlevania and is a very nice dungeon but man the tank could not hold agro on like all the pulls I threw 1 heal and bam! agro! I hope tonight will be better and cannot wait to group with some of you guys in the future :).

man i cant find any raid information. its driving me cray

Give it a week and I bet you we will have some more information. I do not think anyone knows the level 50 game content just yet.

Legacy Bing

Where do you guys go to level? I hit level 19 and all i have left is the main quest for Tam-Tara..

Dammit I shouldn't have logged out, everybody is bitching about AFK so I've been trying to pay it forward. I don't think goodwill is enough, they really need to implement an idle timer. I saw 2 lvl 50's that didn't move over the course of 5 hrs...

That being said, I'm not even getting into queue for Leviathan...1017 every time.

I'm still 1017ing. Oh well, I'll give it another shot tomorrow. Err I mean, NERD RAGE!!!!

Really doesn't help problems if people are deliberately staying logged in when they know they will be AFK for hours. Not going to say I wouldn't do it, just saying... :LOL:

Dammit I shouldn't have logged out, everybody is bitching about AFK so I've been trying to pay it forward. I don't think goodwill is enough, they really need to implement an idle timer. I saw 2 lvl 50's that didn't move over the course of 5 hrs...

That being said, I'm not even getting into queue for Leviathan...1017 every time.

2 lvl 50s on Leviathan?

god damn.

Back