Fallout Shelter

Got a lunchbox today for my evaluation award.... the last card it revealed was Three Dog! :D Course you know which room he got put into....

Wait, why can't he heal anymore?
I don't think they heal as a result of leveling... I've watched a dweller level when scavenging before and they didn't heal...

Normally when they level it resets their health to full status (but it doesn't heal radiation damage since that requires a Radaway ... I have seen this happen on my wasteland explorers) ... so you can use fewer STIMs while dwellers are lower level and leveling frequently (and if you stay out for extended runs you will level frequently, if you have a good weapon) ... my two level 50 dwellers cannot level anymore (since that is the max level for the game) so they can only heal with STIMs (which will increase their consumption) ... with max Endurance and other high skills it is possible they may perform better in combat though (reducing their damage that they take) ... I will report out the results before I recall them ... I am not sure how many explorers I will send out but they will be a mix of levels and abilities (but all will be Luck of 10 or higher)

Got a lunchbox today for my evaluation award.... the last card it revealed was Three Dog! :D Course you know which room he got put into....

Three Dog is my Uber dweller (I mentioned in the previous post) ... I am using him as my primary explorer because of his high abilities (and I am getting closer to maxing him completely) ... he definitely seems to be one of my best dwellers across the board ... I had him doing Stud duty earlier when I needed to expand my population and I didn't have as many high ability dwellers :D

I got Allistair Tenpenny. Level 41, in the initial glut of lunchboxes. Then in a later lunchbox got another Allistair Tenpenny. Level 29. Kind of annoying.

Also got Eulogy Jones, level 34.

My first vault I made the dumb (but probably common) mistakes of trying to expand too quickly and having too many pregnant women. Got hit hard by two bands of raiders that came in close succession. Then basically went all or nothing on a rush to try and get things back on track, which failed and roaches wiped me out.

Made two new vaults to see what kind of variation I got on the lunchboxes. Only one out of three games got me a legendary dweller in the initial rounds of boxes. That same vault also gave me two rare dwellers, Frank and Johnny Miller, both wearing wrestling outfits.

I did get a legendary weapon initially on the first vault. Second vault I think I didn't get any legendary anythings.

Having a legendary to do wasteland running at the start is such a big advantage I'd probably reroll until I got one. Makes getting a few decent weapons much easier.

Last edited:
getting over 80 dwellers (and the resources to educate and keep them at nearly 90 all the time) slowed my iphone 5 to a crawl. I only use this phone for this game right now. lol

I'm at just over 100 people now and my biggest request would be a way to sort the dweller list by happiness so I know who needs to have another baby.:)

I am super glad though that they made it truly playable without spending real money. I would have paid a few bucks for it as it is and maybe more if all the achievements were lunchboxes.

I've also stopped using the radio to call people, because they are always 1s and 2s lowlifes.

I've read but haven't personally confirmed that you can get legendary dwellers via the radio, so I'm going to keep using it. If I decide I don't want who shows up I think I can just send them into the wastes and let them die with no ill effects.

Finally, I've discovered a flaw in my vault's design. I have three levels and the elevators connecting each are right by the vault door. DON'T DO THIS. Put the elevator shaft at the end of the second level so you create a funnel for raiders. They will use your elevators to go to other floors.

Unless the raider's combat abilities increase vastly quicker than mine, I'm not sure this is that much of an issue. With two or three people with mediocre guns in rooms near the door I always take them out before they try and use the elevator. I think I'm going to end up with the elevator going straight down just to keep my dweller's travel times to a minimum.

getting over 80 dwellers (and the resources to educate and keep them at nearly 90 all the time) slowed my iphone 5 to a crawl. I only use this phone for this game right now. lol

I'm at just over 100 people now and my biggest request would be a way to sort the dweller list by happiness so I know who needs to have another baby.:)

I am super glad though that they made it truly playable without spending real money. I would have paid a few bucks for it as it is and maybe more if all the achievements were lunchboxes.

You can sort the list by happiness in the list of all dweller by touching the smilie face icon ... touching any of the titles will sort by that item (although they only sort from highest to lowest so you must scroll down to get to low scores at the bottom) ... you can also toggle through the SPECIAL stats by continuing to touch the SPECIAL title until you get the stat you want them sorted by ... very useful when trying to figure out who has maximum strength for power rooms, maximum agility for food, maximum perception for water, and maximum endurance for Nuka Cola ... I will be sorting my dwellers by luck to send a big band of them out on Friday (just trying to get two more points on Three Dog to take his Perception to 10 before I send him out)

I've read but haven't personally confirmed that you can get legendary dwellers via the radio, so I'm going to keep using it. If I decide I don't want who shows up I think I can just send them into the wastes and let them die with no ill effects.

Unless the raider's combat abilities increase vastly quicker than mine, I'm not sure this is that much of an issue. With two or three people with mediocre guns in rooms near the door I always take them out before they try and use the elevator. I think I'm going to end up with the elevator going straight down just to keep my dweller's travel times to a minimum.

Yea, that's not been a problem for some time. Two mid-level guys in the vault room with good guns kills them off in three turns (one per baddie), thus minimizing resource loss.

And now, the drawback of my snake-like vault design is that if I have to send a dweller from dep to shallow rooms, it takes some time, lol. :eek::D

I am two points away from getting my first Dweller with all 10's (she is working on Charisma) ... I will probably let her max out and then send her into the wasteland (before she becomes a baby maker) ... she is only Level 13 though so it will be awhile before she can survive extended wasteland runs

I am two points away from getting my first Dweller with all 10's (she is working on Charisma) ... I will probably let her max out and then send her into the wasteland (before she becomes a baby maker) ... she is only Level 13 though so it will be awhile before she can survive extended wasteland runs

Which levels a dweller faster, working in a room, or scavenging?

I only have a few data points but I would say scavenging (at the lower levels I think I can level 5-10 levels in a 24-48 hour run ... leveling in the rooms depends how often I collect resources and can take many days) ... when I send her out I will let you know how she performs both from an item standpoint and leveling ... since she is lower level I will give her a luck outfit with other adders (so it will probably only increase her luck by 1 or 2)

I only have a few data points but I would say scavenging (at the lower levels I think I can level 5-10 levels in a 24-48 hour run ... leveling in the rooms depends how often I collect resources and can take many days) ... when I send her out I will let you know how she performs both from an item standpoint and leveling ... since she is lower level I will give her a luck outfit with other adders (so it will probably only increase her luck by 1 or 2)

I tend to agree because scavengers level automatically, while workers only level when you check in and clink on them.

Woot, just got Bittercup in a box that I got for assigning 15 workers to the right rooms. Time for some legendary on legendary baby making action.

Explorer 1 - Three Dog
S-10,P-10,E-10,C-9,I-7,A-9,L-10 (+5) ... Luck outfit for 15 total
Level 50
Armor Piercing Minigun 19-23
25 STIMS, 10-Radaways
6H 22m - 1415 caps, 0 STIMs used, Rusty hunting rifle 5, Military fatigues S3, Lever action rifle 4-5, Scoped 44 3-4, Initiate Robe C2/A1, Battle Armor S2/E1, Hunting rifle 5-6
Recalled at 75 hours 4m: Level 50, 0 STIMs, 10 Radaways, 16240 Caps, Tuned Laser Rifle 12-14, Pressurized Flamer 15-19, 78 total weapons and outfits

Explorer 2 - Michelle Green
S-10,P-10,E-10(+2),C-1,I-10(+2),A-10,L-10(+1)
Level 7 on departure
Enhanced Flamer 15-17
25 STIMS, 10-Radaways
6H 20m - 996 caps, used 1 STIM, level 10, enhanced hunting rifle 5-7, enhanced scoped 44 3-5, Wasteland Medic P2/L1, Raider Armor P1/A2, Rusty scoped 44 3, Wasteland gear E3
Recalled at 86H 23m: Level 50, 0 STIMs, 10 Radaways, 15192 Caps, Focused Laser Rifle 12-15, 88 total outfits and weapons

Explorer 3 - Patricia West
S-7(+2),P-7(+2),E-10(+2),C-10(+1),I-10,A-10,L-10
Level 8 on departure
Enhanced Flamer 15-17
25 STIMs, 10-Radaways
6h 7m - 1177 caps, 1 STIM used, Level 11, military fatigues S3, Raider Armor P1/A2, Wasteland Medic P2/L1, 10mm pistol 2-3, enhanced 10mm pistol 2-4, Leather Armor S1/E2
Recalled at 86H 3m: Level 50, 0 STIMs, 10 Radaways, 13242 Caps, Rusty Sniper Rifle 10, Focused Laser 7-10 (2 units), 89 total outfits and weapons

Explorer 4 - Julie Robinson
S-10,P-10(+1),E-10,C-6,I-10,A-2(+2),L-10(+2)
Level 12 on Departure
Hardened Railway Gun 14-17
25 STIMs, 10-Radaways
6H 5m - 1191 caps, 1 STIM used, Level 14, Battle Armor S2/E1, Radiation Suit P1/E2, Junior Officer Uniform C1/I2, Enhanced Railway Rifle 14-16, Lab coat I3 (2 coats), Rusty Laser Pistol 7
Recalled at 61H 8m: Level 47, 0 STIMS, 10 Radaways, 11297 Caps, Rusty Plasma Pistol 9, Rusty Plasma Rifle 17, Laser Rifle 12-13, Rusty Gauss Rifle 16, Enhanced Railway Rifle 14-16 (2 rifles), 64 total weapons and outfits

Explorer 5 - Peter Harper
S-2(+2),P-10(+2),E-10,C-10,I-10,A-10,L-10(+1)
Level 15 on departure
Wazer Wifle 12-17
25-STIMs, 10-Radaways
5h 6m - 1042 caps, level 16, used 1 STIM, enhanced 10mm pistol 2-4 (2 pistols), Leather armor S1/E2, Amplified Laser pistol 7-11, lab coat I3, Raider Armor P1/A2 (2 units)
Recalled at 61H 33m: Level 47, 1 STIM, 10 Radaway, 10017 Caps, Railway Rifle 14-15, 65 weapons and outfits

Explorer 6 - Janice Green
S-4(+2),P-10,E-7(+2),C-10,I-9,A-10,L-10(+1)
Level 17 on departure
Rusty Flamer 15
25-STIMs, 10-Radaway
5h 6m - 1172 caps, level 19, used 1 STIM, Rusty Hunting rifle 5, sawed off shotgun 6-7, Rusty Lever action rifle 4, Nightware C3, Rusty Flamer 15, Enhanced bb gun 0-3, Radiation suit P1/E2
Recalled at 60H 40m: Level 40, 0 STIMs, 10 Radaway, 10477 caps, Rusty Flamer 15, 63 total weapons and outfits

Explorer 7 - Hanna Lewis
S-10,P-10(+1),E-10,C-8,I-10,A-2(+2),L-10(+2)
Level 25 on departure
Armor Piercing Sniper Rifle 10-14
25-STIMs, 10-Radaways
Recalled at 48H 3m: Level 42, 0 STIMs, 10 RadAways, 9151 Caps, Plasma Pistol 11-12, Laser Rifle 12-13, 51 total weapons and outfits of various strengths

Explorer 8 - David Ford
S-7(+2),P-10,E-10(+2),C-1,I-10,A-3,L-10(+1)
Level 16 on departure
Railway Rifle 14-15
25-STIMs, 10-Radaways
Recalled at 75 H 9m: Level 50, 0 STIMs, 10 Radaway, 12871 Caps, Rusty Plasma Pistol 11, 76 total weapons and outfits

Explorer 9 - Thomas Campbell
S-10,P-10(+2),E-10(+2),C-3,I-10(+1),A-8,L(+2)
Level 30 on departure
Railmaster 14-19
25-STIMs, 10-Radaway
Recalled at 88H 18m: Level 50, 0 STIMs, 10 Radaway, 15263 Caps, Enhanced Sniper Rifle 10-12, Plasma Pistol 11-12, Rusty Plasma Rifle 17 (2 units), 90 total weapons and outfits

Explorer 10 -Juan Miller
S-2(+2),P-10(+2),E-10,C-9,I-10,A-5,L-10(+1)
Level 29 on departure
Wazer Wifle 12-17
25-STIMs, 10-Radaway
Recalled at 49H 27m: Level 47, 0 STIMs, 10 Radaway, 8187 Caps, 49 items (nothing stood out as exceptional)

Explorer 11 - Carolyn Ford
S-10,P-10,E-10(+2),C-10,I-10(+2),A-10,L-10(+1)
Level 13 on departure
Accelerated Gauss Rifle 16-20
25-STIMs, 10-Radaway
Recalled at 97H 16m: level 50, 7 STIMs, 10 Radaway, 16059 Caps, Flamer 15-16, Rusty Plasma Rifle 17, 97 Total outfits and weapons

Explorer 12 - Ronald Green
S-10(+2),P-10,E-7(+2),C-10,I-1,A-10,L-10(+1)
Level 28 on departure
Laser Rifle 12-13
25-STIMs, 10-Radaway
Recalled at 52H 54m: level 48, 0 STIMS, 10 Radaway, 9285 Caps, Armor Piercing Sniper Rifle 10-14, Laser Rifle 12-13, 54 outfits and weapons

Explorer 13 - Randy Lee
S7,P-10(+2),E-7(+5),C-10,I-10,A-10,L-10
Level 1 on departure
Rusty Alien Laser 18
25-STIMs, 10-Radaway
Recalled at 101H 15m: level 50, 7 STIMs, 10 Radaway, 15940 Caps, Rusty Sniper Rifle 10, Sniper Rifle 10-11, Rusty Plasma Rifle 17, 100 Total outfits and weapons

All 13 explorers out ... I'll also update their finds to see about the luck's impact on the finds question (and on the money they collect) but some do seem to be better loot (we'll see how it looks the longer they go) ... so far I only have one explorer powerful enough to make it out to 60 hours+ (Three Dog) but hopefully next weekend I can send a big batch out on a run to the National Guard Depot (60 hour event)

Last edited:
Yea, I'm retooling my scavengers. I have 3 lvl 50s with good gear, but their stats are middling at best (4s and 5s). SO I brought them back in to train, because I wasn't getting anything but crap, even after 48hrs. I'm also running into issues with power production. Despite having nuke reactors out the wazoo, it seems like I'm always running out of that before anything else.

Yea, I'm retooling my scavengers. I have 3 lvl 50s with good gear, but their stats are middling at best (4s and 5s). SO I brought them back in to train, because I wasn't getting anything but crap, even after 48hrs. I'm also running into issues with power production. Despite having nuke reactors out the wazoo, it seems like I'm always running out of that before anything else.

You definitely can't keep the shelter open for very long without collecting and rushing power ... I have 5 nuclear plants and I have problems also ... staging my dwellers for departure today is taking a toll ... I need to do some real work for a bit but I plan to send more out around lunch time and one last batch this afternoon (once I get my first all 10 dweller) ... after that I will rebuild my power reserves which are drastically reduced (I need to get 1000+ power to get to full status) ... doing major dweller management with 150 dwellers is brutal (I can't even imagine what it is like for yours with 200) :cool:

You definitely can't keep the shelter open for very long without collecting and rushing power ... I have 5 nuclear plants and I have problems also ... staging my dwellers for departure today is taking a toll ... I need to do some real work for a bit but I plan to send more out around lunch time and one last batch this afternoon (once I get my first all 10 dweller) ... after that I will rebuild my power reserves which are drastically reduced (I need to get 1000+ power to get to full status) ... doing major dweller management with 150 dwellers is brutal (I can't even imagine what it is like for yours with 200) :cool:

Not. Good. lol.
Really, the biggest issues are:
- Unused rooms: Inevitably training the number of dwellers I am leads to times when a given training room is entirely unused. This is annoying as it's sitting there sucking up power, but it is what it is.
- Dead scavengers: Having 13+ scavengers ranging from lvl 25-50 makes it hard to keep track of who is where and when, which leads to dead scavengers. Resing them costs caps that I'd rather not lose, but they always have more on them than the res costs. That being said, with my recent cutting back in favor of training, this should diminish.

The game is also getting crashy. Particularly when sorting through active scavengers, it will get pretty choppy and then crash. It probably crashes 3-4 times a day. And this is on an iPhone 6+, so the specs should be fine.

Not. Good. lol.
Really, the biggest issues are:
- Unused rooms: Inevitably training the number of dwellers I am leads to times when a given training room is entirely unused. This is annoying as it's sitting there sucking up power, but it is what it is.
- Dead scavengers: Having 13+ scavengers ranging from lvl 25-50 makes it hard to keep track of who is where and when, which leads to dead scavengers. Resing them costs caps that I'd rather not lose, but they always have more on them than the res costs. That being said, with my recent cutting back in favor of training, this should diminish.

The game is also getting crashy. Particularly when sorting through active scavengers, it will get pretty choppy and then crash. It probably crashes 3-4 times a day. And this is on an iPhone 6+, so the specs should be fine.

Yeah, I think they have some memory problems or something causing the slowdowns ... I see issues when I am trying to scroll through my list of dwellers to find people who are unhappy, dead, or maxed out on an ability ... if it starts to slow down I have been closing the app and reopening it (since that lets it run more efficiently for awhile) ... I am running an iPad Air 2 ... I am hoping they will be patching it soon ... I haven't had a chance to check their forums recently

I tend to monitor my scavengers pretty close and recall them when their STIMs drop to 2-3 units ... I also check them before I shutdown for the night and anyone I am not confident will survive I recall (although, unless your level is very high the caps they get usually offsets the resurrection costs)

I have few idle rooms except storage and living ... I have 3 or more of each ability room and they are all going full speed ... now that I will be getting multiple maxed characters developed (all 10s) over the next week I might be able to start scaling back a tad ... I also periodically recycle dwellers into production (pulling out the high level ones for ability leveling and replacing them with a low level one for character leveling) ... it should also help my money with more high luck characters (since they can get a bonus for collecting resources like power, water, food, etc)

Woo hoo ... first patch released today ... downloading now ... since I still have to send out 3 more explorers I will be able to try it some ... hopefully it will improve the performance and some of the bugs :)

Edit: Scrolling through the list of dwellers seems a lot faster and easier ... will monitor to see if it degrades over time when I send out my last batch of wasteland explorers later

Last edited:

I have the definitive answer on that one now ... I sent out a level 1 character and in 18 hours he has leveled 18 times (and used 0 STIMs doing it) ... he will also return with 2600 caps and various items collected (I still have him out exploring until his STIMs drop too low) ... based on that and combined with the fact that they level automatically in the Wasteland, there is no question that scavenging is the best way to level (if you have a high Intelligence person and a high Med bay to produce STIMS)

Caveats ... they would need a decent weapon (high damage) and probably a high Endurance (to avoid using STIMs) ... if you don't have high endurance or a high weapon you would want to send them out with a lot of STIMs and keep an eye on them for recall

I'm about to have a group of lvl1, max or near max stat dwellers headed out. Should be interesting to see how they fare. I have some decent armor and guns available, but I think I will try to min max some, slapping high E on a few, high C and L on others, just to see what I get back.

I'm about to have a group of lvl1, max or near max stat dwellers headed out. Should be interesting to see how they fare. I have some decent armor and guns available, but I think I will try to min max some, slapping high E on a few, high C and L on others, just to see what I get back.

Good luck ... the new Fallout Shelter patch seems to be running well for me ... my explorers are all over the place on items ... lots of mid range stuff (my gun situ for the people left in the Shelter will get better) but no legendary stuff yet (last I checked) ... tons of caps and experience though ... I should have a bunch of Level 50 maxed folks by the end of next week :cool:

I have a couple of my high luck explorers down to 10 STIMs so I will have to decide how brave I feel and whether I want to risk letting them stay out over night ... the others are all above 10 so they should be okay ... the high luck explorers are definitely doing better on the weapon front ... about half of them have discovered weapons with damage in the mid to high teens (one even replaced the gun I sent her out with) ... several of them made discoveries at the 30 hour event (diner) ... on the outfit side I haven't seen anything above 3 ability point adders (so they may be harder to find) ... I should have around 12 high end weapons when they finally return (maybe more since some are still going strong and not close to recall yet)

I actually should get multiple dwellers out to the National Guard Depot at 60 hours though so we will see if any of them get good finds there ... my maxed dweller that I sent out at level 13 is in the low 30's and has yet to use a STIM ... the level 1 character is in the 20s and also has a full complement of STIMs ... I think both of them may have a shot getting out to the 60 hour event ... I might have close to 100,000 caps total when all my dwellers are back in the vault

I should have two more maxed dwellers in the morning as well so I might be able to send out more gatherers as soon as I get the better weapons back ... I should be getting close to 6 or more maxed dwellers by Monday :cool:

Edit: I have started to see some +5 total point outfits in the later parts of the second day ... most of my folks appears to be going strong enough to make it into the third day, 48+ hours (and a few might make it into the further parts) so we will see if there is continued drop improvment ... depending on what happens to my maxed and formerly level 1 dweller (they both still have a full complement of 25 STIMs) I might even get some folks out to the Mr Handy event at 75 hours :)

Last edited:
I'm about the same place, seeing +5s. Not many. But there are also some goofy pieces of armor coming in. Priests robes, a king's robes with crown.

Did get a 24dmg enhanced rocket launcher. So that's going on my best scavenger.

. the high luck explorers are definitely doing better on the weapon front ...

Same here. My 9 luck is finding better stuff at 10 hours than any of my ~3 luck legends did at 30 or 40+ hours.

Bittercup dinged 50 while exploring. She's at 47 hours with 18 stims left, has the 20-21 missile launcher, and heavy battle armor (S4 E3). So I'm guessing she'll be my first to hit the 60 hour event.

After I sent her out, from a couple LBs, I got the T-60d power armor and 19-20 Minigun. Spent a while bumping Tenpennys stats that were shitty (which included 2S and 2E, with the armor buffs he's now at 8S and 11E), and he's out there now. Should ding 50 soon, and be a monster.

Currently finishing an impregnate 7 dwellers for a LB quest. Had two guys in a triple barracks and was just swapping women in and out. Was watching while one couple was dancing and another wasn't, then they switched partners, then all four went in the back and did the nasty at the same time. Kind of funny.

I've gone 0 for 7 at the National Guard Depot ... everybody got the 125 experience but no items so far ... I have one more that should hit in the middle of the night ... and two more in the morning ... so far my odds aren't looking good at finding a Legendary item in the Depot :(

Edit: Finished out 0 for 10 visits ... so sad ... but I will have a few people make it out to the Mr Handy event at 75 hours ... maybe they will get lucky there and get an item

Last edited:
Had an iPad for a bit, so I downloaded and tried this...not bad, seems just like any game where you have to constantly log in and click to keep things going. Had stuff like radroach attacks and raiders with only like 14 vault dwellers so far. :(

Had an iPad for a bit, so I downloaded and tried this...not bad, seems just like any game where you have to constantly log in and click to keep things going. Had stuff like radroach attacks and raiders with only like 14 vault dwellers so far. :(

The game definitely favors the Helicopter player ... get in, collect your resources, click any actions, and then get back out ... staying in the game (especially at the start when you are weak) is suicidal as the disasters are time based (the more time you spend in the game the more disasters you get) ... best approach is to get some explorers out into the Wastes as soon as feasible and start collecting weapons and outfits to buff your people ... it is about the only way to survive without buying Lunch boxes to get outfits, money, and weapons

Note: If you keep playing it be careful at the start while you are having babies ... children can't do anything until they grow up (about 6 hours) and pregnant women run away from any threats (they will not fight the invasions, fires, or radroaches)

Last edited:
Well ... I have recalled all my wasteland explorers now ... you can see my notes on their performance on Page 5 of the thread ... I got a few new rares, no legendaries, and lots of mid range stuff (which is good since I am now purging all weapons with less than 5 minimum damage) ... I also bred my first all 10 stat folks and their kids were all over the place (some predominantly 1s and 2s and one with some 8s and 9s) ... appears that kids are totally random

I will continue my development of my dwellers for a couple of more weeks in the hopes of getting another patch or additional content but pending that I am approaching 200 dwellers and have around 10 maxed (with more on the way) ... not much to do now other than try a few more National Guard Depot runs and continue to develop my dwellers

I am largely in the same place. I went from having 12 13 scavengers to 3. I am focusing on leveling everybody up, and switching out workers for fully buffed trained dwellers. At this point, there is no reason for me to build more rooms. I have enough rooms for training and working such that all are largely full. What is kind of annoying is that the quests are not aware of the state of the vault. For example I just had to trash a lunch box quest because it asked for 20 pregnant dwellers. That's just not going to happen when my vault is maxed out. I do hope they add more content, but at this point I am Not sure what it would be..

I just checked the achievements in the Game Center ... I actually have 14 of the 19 achievements (although one appears bugged and two appear to be virtually impossible) ... I am missing the complete 100 objectives (I need three more so that is doable), build one of every room type (this appears bugged or has some weird criteria like it expects me to have them simultaneously or something), collect 20 legendary outfits (I need one more so this might be doable), collect 20 legendary dwellers (not much chance of this as I am approaching 200 and need 16 more), collect 20 legendary weapons (I need 6 more so this might be doable if my National Guard Depot drops improve)

Yea, I think I will kill off one dweller to make room for a legendary to come in.

Yea, I think I will kill off one dweller to make room for a legendary to come in.

Note to self ... don't got to Modred189's vault when the apocalypse comes since he might kick me out with no weapons or outfit to make room for Dr Li or Three Dog :cool:

Note to self ... don't got to Modred189's vault when the apocalypse comes since he might kick me out with no weapons or outfit to make room for Dr Li or Three Dog :cool:

Worse. I did that to 35 lvl1 dwellers to make room to un-pregant my womenz. I got stuck with a ton pregnant because I wasn't paying attention to who was chilling in dorms.

According to a research firm Fallout Shelter made $5.1 million in its first two weeks ... although that is nothing compared to what Bethesda makes on its full PC/Console games that is still quite impressive ... I would expect we will see more mobile games from Bethesda in the future ... the comments from the "real gamers" are quite hilarious as they go off the usual deep end when there is a successful mobile game launch

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/fallout-shelter-makes-51-million-in-two-weeks-gs-n/2300-6426054/

I was doing pretty good until I came home from work to see 20/23 of my dwellers dead and not enough funds to revive them.... :/ Shit.

Gave up. I don't like that. I'll probably start over because it's fun. But I don't like when shit happens when you're not playing the game to defend yourself.

Finally headed out to the Wasteland again ... I have three triple Nuka Cola Plants fully staffed with maxed SPECIAL dwellers, 4 triple nuclear reactors, 1 double nuclear reactor, and the triple radio room (52 dwellers total) ... now my maxes don't need to immediately staff a production room (although I will want to do that for happiness eventually) so I am sending them out into the Wasteland as they max out everything ... sent the first two out this morning :D

Finally headed out to the Wasteland again ... I have three triple Nuka Cola Plants fully staffed with maxed SPECIAL dwellers, 4 triple nuclear reactors, 1 double nuclear reactor, and the triple radio room (52 dwellers total) ... now my maxes don't need to immediately staff a production room (although I will want to do that for happiness eventually) so I am sending them out into the Wasteland as they max out everything ... sent the first two out this morning :D

So, I'm about 80% of the way to getting a full load of fully SPECIAL-maxed dwellers. About 40 of them, i think. Once they are all maxed, I'm going to send them all out into the wastelands with mid-lvl gear and 13+ weapons. At the same time I will have 5 lvl50 and Special-maxed dwellers headed out with 15+ weapons. THEN I should really start raking in the caps.

So, do you abandon your old leveled, but first-tier rooms?

So, I'm about 80% of the way to getting a full load of fully SPECIAL-maxed dwellers. About 40 of them, i think. Once they are all maxed, I'm going to send them all out into the wastelands with mid-lvl gear and 13+ weapons. At the same time I will have 5 lvl50 and Special-maxed dwellers headed out with 15+ weapons. THEN I should really start raking in the caps.

So, do you abandon your old leveled, but first-tier rooms?

I eliminate rooms I no longer need ... the older resource rooms were destroyed a long time back to make room for the ability rooms (I do keep one Greenhouse and Water Purification plant for the storage capacity though) ... I have just started culling the ability rooms (to reduce my power consumption) that I don't need any more ... unfortunately I am stuck with my living quarters wherever I built them (since with 200 population I can't destroy any) but all other rooms will get destroyed and moved around as needed as I gradually max out more dwellers ... since I am starting to send out the hoards into the Wasteland again I will likely be building more Med bays (for Stim storage) and more store rooms (for weapon and outfit storage so I can sell off what I don't need) ... if my folks can find some good stuff I will start the elimination of 6 damage weapons next (I have purged all weapons with 5 minimum or less damage now)

Back