Destiny 2

Just got my beta code from the bungie site (different than the beta code you get from amazon for pre-ordering). Beta preload is downloading now to my ps4 ;)

From looking at the E3 footage there should be increased health pools for PC pve mobs. The increased accuracy of the mouse lets players shred through their targets compared to the slower ttk on console.

Destiny and Call of Duty WWII only games I have pre-ordered besides Camelot unchained but that was the 2013 kickstarter. Waiting Divinity Original Sin 2 to be finished have the perfect 1440P 24" monitor for the game after I thought the 27" was way too big.

Destiny and Call of Duty WWII only games I have pre-ordered besides Camelot unchained but that was the 2013 kickstarter. Waiting Divinity Original Sin 2 to be finished have the perfect 1440P 24" monitor for the game after I thought the 27" was way too big.
I ended up preordering destiny, COD WWII, RDR and Starwars BF2 because they were all 40% off on amazon. Nice thing is they don't charge until it ships but still give you the beta codes so if it seems like crap I can cancel with zero issues.

Yeah this is my Note Pad short list:

The Evil Within' 2

Red Dead redemption 2

God of War 4

Dishonored 3

COD WWII

Camelot unchained

DEEP DOWN PS4

Destiny 2

Kingdom come deliverance

PATHEON RISE OF THE FALLEN

Darksiders III

Hellblade

Code Vein

I put in over 800hrs on D1. It's the space themed fpsrpg I always wanted.
Very hyped to get it on PC because D1 is the only game I played on my PS4. I was trying to get in the PC beta but im not waiting til August... Just preinstalled on PlayStation. Still gonna buy the released game for PC though.

Played the beta today on PS4 Pro. So far the game basically feels like a refined version of Destiny 1 - what the first one should've been. Nothing more, nothing less. Take that as you will.

Played the beta today on PS4 Pro. So far the game basically feels like a refined version of Destiny 1 - what the first one should've been. Nothing more, nothing less. Take that as you will.

Basically what I'm gathering from my Destiny junkie friends who have put in a good couple of thousand or so hours (?!) on the first one and what I personally expect from this.

I got about 120 hours or so out of the first one so if I get at least that much out of the second one I'll be happy. I really don't know how people get thousands of hours out of something like this. I guess I'm just an MMO grinding type of person.

Played for an hour last night, did the intro quest and the strike andI had fun, I really like how they are doing the guns now. You can have things like auto rifles in each slot (primary and secondary), if it has elemental damage is goes into your secondary if it has kinetic it goes into your primary slot. Was nice to run around with my scout rifle for long range and auto rifle for close-mid

Does this game have a starting area? I mean that was all Destiny was about was the Tower it seemed untill you figure out it's pretty darn shallow.

Does this game have a starting area like the Tower?
from what I experianced so far no (not in the beta anyways) After the intro mission I went to orbit in a ship to pick what I'd like to do like in destiny 1 when you left the tower

Does this game have a starting area? I mean that was all Destiny was about was the Tower it seemed untill you figure out it's pretty darn shallow.
Apparently the social area will only be available for a short period towards the end of the beta.

Yeah that should be fun on PC if there is a general chat box in the starting area. Instead of dance moves which was the only way to communicate in Destiny 1 with the general public.

Yeah that should be fun on PC if there is a general chat box in the starting area. Instead of dance moves which was the only way to communicate in Destiny 1 with the general public.
I never understood this game's emote of dancing.

The problem with Destiny 1 you need a subscription to PSN network to play online with anyone.
So I think the PC version will go over big just because you don't need a sub. Too bad cross platform isn't possible I mean they do it with Gears of War 4 for Multiplayer even. I don't think they can cross platform the PSN network along with Microsoft Live then add Blizzard for good measure.;

Last edited:
skillup put an interesting video today.... his point was how the continual attempt to balance PvP has ruined Destiny (+2) and The Division. His point was that they are primarily PvE games. They are not organized as PvP games in terms of dedicated servers with fast tick rates, matchmaking capabilities, rankings and so forth. The continual weapon nerfing is necessary for players but it ruins the experience against enemies. He contrasted it with warframe, which he said includes PvP but does not give a shit about it, keeping a primary PvE focus, and that makes the game great and fun to play. So... may need to check that out...

This would require a lot more work on the developer side, but why not just change all the weapon attributes in PvP? Just balance it separately.

He contrasted it with warframe, which he said includes PvP but does not give a shit about it, keeping a primary PvE focus, and that makes the game great and fun to play. So... may need to check that out...

Let me just say, THANKS!

I have heard the name Warframe many times but never bothered to check it out.

So far, super cool!!

Beta System Requirements:

Recommended Spec

CPU: Intel - Core i5-2400 AMD - Ryzen R5 1600X
GPU: Nvidia - GeForce GTX 970 AMD - Radeon R9 390
RAM: 8GB

Minimum Spec

CPU: Intel - Core i3-3250 AMD - FX-4350
GPU: Nvidia - GeForce GTX 660 2GB AMD - Radeon HD 7850 2GB
RAM: 6GB

This would require a lot more work on the developer side, but why not just change all the weapon attributes in PvP? Just balance it separately.

Thats been the argument for years in many games. Its been obvious for years in WoW that seperating the modes would make it easier in the long run.

The Tower was a pretty boring place but I think it was due to being on the PS3 and X-BOX 360 so they were limited to what they could do. If they have Chat in the starting area this game could be a rocket on the PC and stay that way until the next best thing comes out.

Seizure :p

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-2-pc-beta-release-date-confirmed/1100-6452071/

cut paste from gamespot

Bungie recommends that you have a pretty beefy machine to run the game, which isn't surprising considering Destiny 2's graphical and processing complexity. For processors, Bungie recommends that you have at least an Intel Core i5-2400 or AMD Ryzen R5 1600X. For GPUs, meanwhile, the studio suggests an Nvidia GTX 970 or an AMD Radeon R9 390. 8 GB of RAM is recommended, too.

Interestingly, Bungie also gives a few suggestions in case you're looking to upgrade your PC to better run the beta. The studio suggests upgrading to an Intel Core i5-7400 CPU and an Nvidia GTX 1060 6 GB GPU.

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this

Seizure :p

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-2-pc-beta-release-date-confirmed/1100-6452071/

cut paste from gamespot

Bungie recommends that you have a pretty beefy machine to run the game, which isn't surprising considering Destiny 2's graphical and processing complexity. For processors, Bungie recommends that you have at least an Intel Core i5-2400 or AMD Ryzen R5 1600X. For GPUs, meanwhile, the studio suggests an Nvidia GTX 970 or an AMD Radeon R9 390. 8 GB of RAM is recommended, too.

Interestingly, Bungie also gives a few suggestions in case you're looking to upgrade your PC to better run the beta. The studio suggests upgrading to an Intel Core i5-7400 CPU and an Nvidia GTX 1060 6 GB GPU.

Oh, noes! I have to upgrade my 10-year old CPU to a 6-year old one, and my GPU from a 6-year old one to a 3-year old one? REEEEEEEE!

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I just want to RPG in this game I hope it has some kinda community unless everyone will be uptight and getting Exotics from Xur. Then playing with a mouse and keyboard in this game should be interesting unless you have to hold down the shift key for space for jetpacks forget that I'll just use a controller then.

Last edited:

Ground breaking 4v4 PvP. Back in 1997 playing 16v16 UT or Q2 on dialup I would never have believed how far MP would advance over the next 2 decades :rolleyes:

Bungie recommends that you have a pretty beefy machine to run the game...

seriously.gif

271.gif

Yeah... it will be a nice looking game and all but tech wise it's not going to be the Frostbite engine special cranked to 11. ;)

The problem for Destiny 2 with me is going to be that... I've played Warframe, and everyone says it's better... And I love Warframe. So that may be a problem

Back