Destiny 2

I keep debating with myself but can't decide if this game is worth it.

I hate FPS games. I heard a lot of kids play Destiny. I hate kids as well.

But I love Borderlands, customization and MMOs.

How does Destiny compare? How is character customization?
Can I actually see my character? When do I actually get to see my character?

Help me decide please :D
P.S.
I will play on PS4.

P.S.
I will play on PS4.

The best part of this game is the multiplayer the PC version should be a hoot with chat enabled Raids Strike Missions and team deathmatches I would jump on it's a good looking game from what I seen then again it's like one of the first major Online FPS MMOs it' s gear grind which can be slow.

P.S.
I will play on PS4.
Get Warframe. It's free to play. See if you like it. If so you'll probably like destiny

P.S.
I will play on PS4.

I barely ran into any kids playing Destiny on PS4, most people were 25+ I would say. I did use a couple of the matchmaking sites outside of the game, that helped immensely with grouping so that may be why I had a great experience with the community. Customization was lacking a little bit, but there was enough weapon choice to make things interesting but it usually filtered down to a few builds and weapon combos that were great that everyone gravitated towards.

You were able to see your character in social areas and while riding the sparrow. Normally after a mission or two a stop at a social area was necessary so you get to see your character fairly often.

It's 3rd person sometimes and if you are playing with other people it don't feel like a FPS game.

Looking forward to giving this a shot. A couple or my friends that played the PS4 version said they really dug it.
As far as playing with others is concerned, I'll probably barely bother. I'm sure I'll pop-in and play some of the group missions, but I doubt I'll be rounding up a raid crew or messing with the crucible much. Luckily those things aren't necessary to have fun. I barely touched 'em in the original, too.

I will be curious to see how much playing with a pad does or doesn't hamper me. Outside of the Crucible, I plan to use one full time.

Looking forward to giving this a shot. A couple or my friends that played the PS4 version said they really dug it.
As far as playing with others is concerned, I'll probably barely bother. I'm sure I'll pop-in and play some of the group missions, but I doubt I'll be rounding up a raid crew or messing with the crucible much. Luckily those things aren't necessary to have fun. I barely touched 'em in the original, too.

I will be curious to see how much playing with a pad does or doesn't hamper me. Outside of the Crucible, I plan to use one full time.

No worries. The game plays great on a controller because that's what it was originally built on anyways. I expect KBM to be solid on the PC version as well.

Product page is up in Battle.net, so we can now get our digital preorders in.

I'll check out the open beta. Hopefully the primary focus is on co-op/PvE rather than PvP.

I, too, would like to see that, but it's a wait-and-see.

I'm only playing Destiny 2 for PvE/Co-Op PvE, just like I did with Destiny 1. Really looking forward to seeing where the story goes & how much awesome loot I can get to build up my soon-to-be Warlock. Not sure if I want to go male Exo or female Awoken this round.

I enjoyed the original Destiny as one of the few titles I picked up for my Xbox One, but I am very glad there is a PC version for the sequel. Hopefully the game itself will also be even better and more extensive, with greater focus on the PVE / Co-OP / MMO-Lite content. After all, there are a ton of FPS match based PVP titles out there from Call of Duty to Battlefield and beyond! Oh to the person asking about customization, there was a good amount of customization in the first one in terms of colors/skins for your equipment, ship, and other appearance stuff. The two things I did not like about the original was that A) there was only one "slot" for emotes at a time, which was probably a product of console-focused design having a single dpad press used for emoting and B) They have a separate "silver" real money currency used to buy cosmetics such as said emotes, as well as other noteworthy items. Hopefully they'll turn away from that or if they must sell something to sell boosters (ie double XP or faction etc) instead and let players unlock cosmetics through play instead. I'm willing to invest in Destiny 2 to give it a try, but I have to admit the price is high, especially for the Digital Deluxe edition (which includes the Season Pass / Expansion pass, plus some special Deluxe only widgets)

Has anyone been keeping tabs on the sites with the best prices on Destiny 2? Particularly on the Digital Deluxe Edition? For instance, I've been waiting to see if GreenManGaming offers a significant discount prior to the beta, in the neighborhood of 20%+ . The Humble Store offers a 10% discount bringing it to $90 for the Deluxe, thanks to my Humble Monthly subscription. Others have been hard to find, especially as many other sites that offer the game at all seem to suggest their keys are for an "EU" region instead and I'm not sure how things will work in that regard (ie are all keys global? Is the game region locked? Is gameplay global but accounts are region specific? ) Anyone find a good sale?

I got an NVidia game code for $25

These are nice. Hey, question - Can/did you upgrade to the Digital Deluxe via the Blizzard/battle.net store? Most of the time Blizzard Launcher titles will allow you to purchase an upgrade if there is one available.

The only issue is that 1) I don't think I see very many coupons available, unfortunately and 2) the major annoyance of how Nvidia seems to be activating codes now. Having to use GeForce Experience is bad, having to log in to your Steam/Blizz/Ubi etc... account directly as opposed to getting a game key is worse, and perhaps worst of all in my situation is that keys are limited as only redeemable if you're using a particular GPU on a particular system at the time. For instance, I have a GTX 1070 right now and I'm to understand I could not redeem a Destiny 2 key as they only authorize if you have a 1080 / 1080 Ti installed? Horribly frustrating system and I can't see how Nvidia would benefit from pissing off existing and potential customers by trying to stop key resale when many enthusiasts consider it a nice bonus across the board (buyers, sellers etc.)

I do not see an option to upgrade yet, but given their history, I see no reason why they won't let me.

They released today it's going to support HDR and SLI from Nvidia. About damn time I get a game that will use my second 1080. Just hope it uses it well. Wish is not going to be happy about me playing the crap out of this game lol

Not sure if this has been asked or not but is my current level character in Destiny 1 going to be playable in Destiny 2?

if anyone has an extra beta code can you send it me via PM...never played the first game on console and am interested in checking this out

if anyone has an extra beta code can you send it me via PM...never played the first game on console and am interested in checking this out
I thought this was an open beta on the 29th, and early access for preorders on the 28th?

Regret my pre-order since the October delay. That's going to be a busy month for gaming, don't want to be tied down with Destiny 2.
It was my fault for registering the promo key early.

Bungie posted some info on the PC beta: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46189

Pre-loads begin today (the 25th) at 10 am Pacific.

The beta will have customization key-mapping.

Type /f to text chat with Fireteam members and /w to whisper to a person.

The PC beta has some known issues:

• Players may encounter issues when playing the Destiny 2 Beta with drivers that are out of date. Updating drivers to the latest version grants the best experience when playing Destiny 2 on PC.
  • The Destiny 2 Beta may not run when installed to a folder with some localized character types in its name (e.g. Greek, Cyrillic, Kanji, etc.). Players should ensure that they install the Beta to a path that does not include these character types, or use the default install location.
  • Players may encounter issues when joining the Fireteam of another player on their same local area network. Players who encounter this issue should ensure that they have UPnP enabled in their network settings.
  • MSAA is still under development. As such, players may encounter various issues including visual artifacts and performance degradation when using MSAA.
  • Multi-GPU support is still in development. Players may encounter issues including visual artifacts and performance impacts when using NVIDIA SLI. AMD Crossfire support is not available in the Destiny 2 PC Beta.
  • The Destiny 2 Beta must be launched from Blizzard’s Battle.net app. If players launch the Beta client directly from the executable, they may receive an error message or the Destiny 2 Beta client may become unresponsive. Players who encounter this issue should close the Beta client through the user interface or by pressing Alt+F4, and proceed to launch the Destiny 2 Beta using the “Play” button in the Destiny 2 tab of the Blizzard app.

Yeah still not feeling it, graphically it looks pretty unimpressive. At least I can test the open beta to see whether it grows on me.

Bungie posted some info on the PC beta: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46189

Pre-loads begin today (the 25th) at 10 am Pacific.

The beta will have customization key-mapping.

Type /f to text chat with Fireteam members and /w to whisper to a person.

The PC beta has some known issues:

• Players may encounter issues when playing the Destiny 2 Beta with drivers that are out of date. Updating drivers to the latest version grants the best experience when playing Destiny 2 on PC.
  • The Destiny 2 Beta may not run when installed to a folder with some localized character types in its name (e.g. Greek, Cyrillic, Kanji, etc.). Players should ensure that they install the Beta to a path that does not include these character types, or use the default install location.
  • Players may encounter issues when joining the Fireteam of another player on their same local area network. Players who encounter this issue should ensure that they have UPnP enabled in their network settings.
  • MSAA is still under development. As such, players may encounter various issues including visual artifacts and performance degradation when using MSAA.
  • Multi-GPU support is still in development. Players may encounter issues including visual artifacts and performance impacts when using NVIDIA SLI. AMD Crossfire support is not available in the Destiny 2 PC Beta.
  • The Destiny 2 Beta must be launched from Blizzard’s Battle.net app. If players launch the Beta client directly from the executable, they may receive an error message or the Destiny 2 Beta client may become unresponsive. Players who encounter this issue should close the Beta client through the user interface or by pressing Alt+F4, and proceed to launch the Destiny 2 Beta using the “Play” button in the Destiny 2 tab of the Blizzard app.

I'm still going to play with a controller unless aiming will be alot better with a keyboard and mouse and movement won't be.

I didn't have much hope for this game a month ago but seen like 1.5 Million views for the Destiny youtube video on the PC Beta.

Back