Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, don't try the support route to get into the alpha. Waste of time :(

Oh well, maybe next round.

In! It's nice they invited, but I'm not sure why. The page I went to said something about invites extended to Medal of Honor Limited Edition buyers. I don't even own it.

It's downloading!

Just got my alpha key literally minutes ago in my email, was not even expecting one because I knew I had a reserved beta spot.

Kept freezing on me. will have to mess with it tomorrow. Wonder if it's the nvidia beta drivers I installed. 275.50.

Fuck Yea. Got my Alpha invite!!!!

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

burns.gif

Lots of invites did go out, I got one.

Can sum up this alpha as:

Incoming BFBC3.

And what the hell at having a web page server browser. You have to install plugins and shit to launch the game because it all loads from a web browser. Please tell me that is not the final plan.

Lots of invites did go out, I got one.

Can sum up this alpha as:

Incoming BFBC3.

And what the hell at having a web page server browser. You have to install plugins and shit to launch the game because it all loads from a web browser. Please tell me that is not the final plan.

QFT, I hope the web browser is going to be built into the game or a separate in game server browser.

If anyone has an extra key or an extra EA account they could try and get a key with I would very much appreciate it if you could hook me up.

I've tried this site:

https://bf3alpha.battlefield.com/index.php?id=1

Like fifty times and got nothing. I'd really love to try the game but I feel like I'm beating my head against a brick wall here. It's very disheartening :(.

Me too man, sucks to see everyone getting these keys and some of us get left out in the cold. (And Veteran level 5 too!)

Me too man, sucks to see everyone getting these keys and some of us get left out in the cold. (And Veteran level 5 too!)

Heh, on another forum I read about a dude getting a key for an extra account he setup to play FIFA on his PS3. He doesn't even have a Battlefield game tied to the account.

Woohoo! Just got home from seeing Captain America and my invite was in my mailbox.
I'm @ veteran level 6 for what it's worth...;)

Meh, male only or both male and female.. still the same. What some males think is "mature", is actually kind of douche most of the time.

I don't get people bitching about the battlelog server browser... it's literally the best server browser they've ever made.

It's sortable, filterable, and has everything you'd want and it works about as seamlessly as you can hope to get. Click server, click join, 3 seconds later the game is loading the map. It's more or less just like QuakeLive.

Also besides the spotting, which can be a PITA with how lethal the weapons are now, the game is pretty fucking awesome so far. It plays nothing like Bad Company. The gun play is completely different and infinitely more dangerous feeling. Firefights are tense and decisive unlike the comparably clunky retardation of BC2. Gunplay is much, much more fun. Yes, they do a lot of damage, and yes, if you catch a bunch of people off guard you can kill them. The suppression stuff coupled with the damage really makes you think about your next move because you will fucking die fast if you think you can throw medkits down and tank through 4 people shooting at you / get revived anyway by a medic congo line if you die.

Lol sorry guys, i just got the invite and i signed up for the newsletter yesterday and to receive the invite this morning.

OMFG the alpha download is so slooooooooooooooooooooooooow. Downloading at 3mb/s when I have a 25mb/s connection...come on EA you can do better!!! I can download from Steam at 10mb/s.

Lol, joking... I'm just really fucking impatient.

Just got the invite!!!!!!! I have a veteran of 2 (bc2 and that m1 trick everyone was doing back in the day from bf: heros). Signed up for the newsletter today and got off work from a double, had a few beers and got an email saying I was invited. Decided to keep drinking because I don't think I will be doing much for a while haha. GL to everyone else.

Level 8 veteran here and no invite. Maybe I should have set my country to something other than Australia...

True, my PC can't run it but I do have a couple of plans if I do get an invite.

Fuuuuck this. For now.

Battlelog, in it's current form, is COMPLETELY crap. Could be nice in it's own app, but seriously, chrome is just DEVOURING memory (500mb with ONE tab that HAS to stay there? Eff off EA. ) You'd need a STUPID fast PC to make this NOT suck. Mine is decidedly midrange (I dunno if my sig is up to date but whatever. )

No remappable controls I'll mock up to being alpha, but seriously, why leave it out?

weird ledge hopping glitch too... Slid along instead of jumped at less than 30ish degree angles it seemed heh

just played a 3-4 rounds and while just alpha it looks very promising.
playing in a window and not being able to change my res though is killing me, I think it's stuck @ 1024 or 1280

Fuuuuck this. For now.

Battlelog, in it's current form, is COMPLETELY crap. Could be nice in it's own app, but seriously, chrome is just DEVOURING memory (500mb with ONE tab that HAS to stay there? Eff off EA. ) You'd need a STUPID fast PC to make this NOT suck. Mine is decidedly midrange (I dunno if my sig is up to date but whatever. )

No remappable controls I'll mock up to being alpha, but seriously, why leave it out?

weird ledge hopping glitch too... Slid along instead of jumped at less than 30ish degree angles it seemed heh

I've had battlelog open for probably the last 4 hours and haven't had any memory problems. The actual plugin part of battlelog seems to be sucking up a massive 14mb for me.

Congrats man you might have found a bug in alpha, pat yourself on the back.

Fuuuuck this. For now.

I'm glad I upgraded to 24gb of ram :p

just played a 3-4 rounds and while just alpha it looks very promising.
playing in a window and not being able to change my res though is killing me, I think it's stuck @ 1024 or 1280

I was in a windows as well, just for shits and giggles hit alt-enter and voila full screen.

Just got the invite!!!!!!! I have a veteran of 2 (bc2 and that m1 trick everyone was doing back in the day from bf: heros). Signed up for the newsletter today and got off work from a double, had a few beers and got an email saying I was invited. Decided to keep drinking because I don't think I will be doing much for a while haha. GL to everyone else.

Congratulations to you, but seriously fuck everything about this. I've been a level 5 veteran since the day BC2 came out and I've been signed up for the newsletter for months... and I repeatedly see low-level (1 or 2) veterans getting invites or people who just happened to find out they have an invite and don't even play Battlefield or have a PC that can run it.

WTF EA. :mad:

If anyone has an extra invite laying around, I would be more than happy to give $10 to the Humble Bundle charities in your name, you get to keep the games. This is just getting ridiculous.

I've had battlelog open for probably the last 4 hours and haven't had any memory problems. The actual plugin part of battlelog seems to be sucking up a massive 14mb for me.

Congrats man you might have found a bug in alpha, pat yourself on the back.

I know, alpha blah blah blah, I just hope they do an incremental and give us a remap function before its over ;)

I'd like to beat the hell out of it a little more, I put many many many hours in to trying to break BF2, 2142 and BC2 before they came out, but this just turned me off instantly... Although my BF fanboyism makes me want to blame my computer.

Congratulations to you, but seriously fuck everything about this. I've been a level 5 veteran since the day BC2 came out and I've been signed up for the newsletter for months... and I repeatedly see low-level (1 or 2) veterans getting invites or people who just happened to find out they have an invite and don't even play Battlefield or have a PC that can run it.

WTF EA. :mad:

If anyone has an extra invite laying around, I would be more than happy to give $10 to the Humble Bundle charities in your name, you get to keep the games. This is just getting ridiculous.

I doubt it's just vet status.

I have a vet status on that account of 1, All it has is 2142, but that account was also tied to my beta testing of BF2, 2142, BC, BC2 and heroes...

Also I just realized that the game starting in the background was intentional.

It loads in the background giving you an extra 10 seconds to fuck around. It has a setting to automatically switch you to the game once it's done loading.

Best feature.

Just played 1.5 hours of it and I enjoyed it. I was just RPG'ing everyone from across the map. :)

This game is wonderfully optimized.

I'm using an 8800 GTS 512 at the moment as my GTX 570 is currently being RMA'd, but the game still runs very smoothly, even at 'High' settings (which will probably be equivalent to medium or something in the final game).

I have a friend that wants to give me his key. How can I go about using it if the bf3 site tells me I don't meet the requirements? It's because he doesn't have a very current computer and I do more so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back