Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so apparently there's no way to change controls at this stage. so no playing this for me, being a lefty. no invert mouse option or anything. :/

OMFG i just tried bf3alpha.battlefield.com for like the 6th time today. IT WOKRED!! usually it would say criteria not met... but this time after entering my email it bought up a page for agreeig to the terms!!! im super excited right now!

ok so apparently there's no way to change controls at this stage. so no playing this for me, being a lefty. no invert mouse option or anything. :/

There actually is a invert mouse option but there is no way to change your controls. They are also punishing people with nice mice by not including a mouse sensitivity slider, and having some kind of retarded acceleration on all at the same time.

Doing terribly, and normally score pretty high in every other battlefield game in existence. Yeah its an alpha, but come on. Also no .ini to change settings not surprisingly.

This would be a complete waste of time if it wasnt battlefield f'in 3

OMFG i just tried bf3alpha.battlefield.com for like the 6th time today. IT WOKRED!! usually it would say criteria not met... but this time after entering my email it bought up a page for agreeig to the terms!!! im super excited right now!

I still can't figure it out, I have played this game on 2 systems and the PC, but none of my stat pages show up and i still get the do not meet criteria... Bummer.

WOOT, my craptastic day just got a whole hell alot better!! I got my invite to alpha!!

Downloading client now.. Cant wait! And I have the next 2 days off.. :)

WOOT, my craptastic day just got a whole hell alot better!! I got my invite to alpha!!

Downloading client now.. Cant wait! And I have the next 2 days off.. :)

Same here, was shocked to randomly check my email a few minutes ago and see an invite.

Remember folks, this is an alpha -- break and exploit as much as you can so obvious problems don't crop up in the retail version

God damn, this seems really well optimized, especially given the current broken fucking state of Nvidia drivers in this game and that it's still in alpha with more optimizing to come. My Q6600 / GTX 260 is holding up suprisingly well, at least as smooth as BC2 so far, maybe smoother at times and looking better on top. DX10/11 done right, finally. Take fucking note other devs.

Sound is by FAR the best in any game, ever.

Some very cool effects like bullets impacts lighting up the environment when they hit metal. Saw some guy sniping from a train and he eventually came under fire and bullets and lights were flashing and flickering everywhere.

I'm in, downloading now. Got my email invite a little while ago. Damn I don't want to work tomorrow!

Sound is by FAR the best in any game, ever.

Agree 110%.

LOVED hearing the sound of supersonic bullets going over my head. I thought BC2 couldn't be beat in the sound department (thought it couldn't possibly be any better) but this is definitely an improvement, so far anyway.

Hm it seems pretty fun. I'm sure I'll be playing more of it off and on. Though I think I'll quickly get bored of just one map.

I think the servers are getting hammered as I am only getting 1MB/sec instead of 4.

I think the servers are getting hammered as I am only getting 1MB/sec instead of 4.

Sitting in the support queue. Hoping EA support will throw me a bone (probably not).

Woke up from a nap and found an invite sitting in my inbox. Roommate got in as well. This isn't going to bode well for my sleep! :D

I wish the download would hurry, it seems EA's CDN is getting hammered atm as my origin download speeds have plummeted from 2MB/s to about 350KB/s I want to play BF3 Alpha!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back