Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, looks like all the caspian map servers are always filled, so even with password or chrome hack, the chances of getting in are nil

Forgive me for asking, but why such unconventional controls?

My setup is a combination of how a friend who introduced me to Quake3 back in 2001 played (he just used mouse1/2 for forward/back -- BUT years later switched to WASD like 99% of everyone else) and me wanting to have to aim only with my right hand while having to strafe +fire with my left.

Why? The thought process went something along the lines of figuring it'd require more brain power to need both hands in sync in order to do everything you want. Instead of just aiming and clicking with the mouse hand, I have to aim AND press with both hands in order to do what most people do in a single motion.

I also use inverted mouse, haha. Thanks for asking.

Anyone else getting "connection to server timed out" at the end of matches constantly? I'd say about 50% of the time I get disconnected right before the game finishes. Always happens when I've done extremely well too :/.

I can't even form a proper opinion on the BETA since the damn mouse 1 and mouse 2 keys are (unmappable)hard-coded to be fire/zoom. If I use a program such as glovePIE to simulate them to something else...it still doesn't help me get around needing those same keys to function as forward/backward.

Even the BC2 BETA had mouse remapping possible, how is it not the case for the 2011 PC lead title Battlefield 3 BETA? I hope they patch this soon, wow.

Exactly my issue. Very, very annoying. And so hard to believe that it happens.

Im not understanding the ranks..these ranks must be accelerated..because 2-3 guys are already Level 50 colonels..in less than 24hrs game play.

Im guessing they make it easy to rank up so you can play with all the weapons..I sure hope its not this way in the game(retail)....I want it more like the grind we had in BF2..
heck even BC2 took awhile to get to level 50.

if this is the way its gonna be..then wheres that 400 hours that was quoted to to top rank..or all the unlocks.

Im not understanding the ranks..these ranks must be accelerated..because 2-3 guys are already Level 50 colonels..in less than 24hrs game play.

Im guessing they make it easy to rank up so you can play with all the weapons..I sure hope its not this way in the game(retail)....I want it more like the grind we had in BF2..
heck even BC2 took awhile to get to level 50.

if this is the way its gonna be..then wheres that 400 hours that was quoted to to top rank..or all the unlocks.

We believe some foul play is involved.

probably boosting scrubs...

Seen a guy doing it on caspain, and finish with close to 20k points.. :/

wow just played on a sever.. where a guy 20-0 all head shot. Even other don't think he's legit. lol

wow just played on a sever.. where a guy 20-0 all head shot. Even other don't think he's legit. lol

Meh, I went 36-2 earlier with the SKS. Just find a good spot and go to town if you're on defense.

Getting kind of worn out with Metro... probably by this weekend I will just flat out stop.

Man, the choppers get shredded in seconds by the jets. Pretty much fucking worthless with even a halfway competent jet pilot around. Doesn't help that there's two jets per side and only one heli. Hell, they don't even have to destroy you, even about a second of machinegun fire from a jet takes out your engines and makes your heli unpilotable.

Ugh.

Man, the choppers get shredded in seconds by the jets. Pretty much fucking worthless with even a halfway competent jet pilot around. Doesn't help that there's two jets per side and only one heli. Hell, they don't even have to destroy you, even about a second of machinegun fire from a jet takes out your engines and makes your heli unpilotable.

Ugh.

Tell EA\DICE (though more politely). It sounds like a balance issue and if it is, it will probably be fixed at some point.

Man how are you guys getting into the Caspian servers? I know the password, got a macro running hitting the login/enter PW/retry for over an hour and hasn't got in a single time. Also, 3 hours of Metro and I'm done with that map for good honestly. And sadly I have over 300 hours on Karkand in BF2.

Man how are you guys getting into the Caspian servers? I know the password, got a macro running hitting the login/enter PW/retry for over an hour and hasn't got in a single time. Also, 3 hours of Metro and I'm done with that map for good honestly. And sadly I have over 300 hours on Karkand in BF2.

Its like Wake Island in BF 1942 for me all over again.. At least they had vehicles...

luck i been jumping on and off all day on Caspian servers without a problem usually takes me 15-20 mins to connect to one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back