Amazon.com 5850/5870 Pre-Order tracking thread

xeddex

Limp Gawd
The stated purpose of this thread is for people to post in a standard way the information for when they placed their pre-order with Amazon for their 58xx series card and when they received confirmation that their order had shipped.

The actual purpose of this thread is for me to have a place where I can go to obsessively check when other peoples pre-orders are being filled so that I can then try and blindly guess when mine might be filled. I'm guessing I might not be the only one.

model: xfx5850
date pre-ordered (include month to avoid confusion): October 24th
date shipped: not yet
price: $259.99

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Sweeet, I can keep my complaining to one thread now :) I actually have a shipping confirmation on an asus from antares digital though, so I might cancel my order. not that it will help you since you ordered before me anyway at amazon.

model: xfx5850
date pre-ordered : October 28th
date shipped: nope

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
model: xfx 5850
date pre-ordered: Oct 29
shipping estimate: Nov 20 - Dec 3

date pre-ordered: Oct 22
shipping estimate: Nov 20 - Dec 5
date shipped: n/a

model: sapphire 5850
shipping estimate: Nov 17 - Nov 30

date pre-ordered: Oct 28
shipping estimate: N/A

date pre-ordered: Oct 14th

Looks like we all have some waiting to do.

model: xfx 5870
date pre-ordered: Oct 23th
price: $379.99

date pre-ordered: Oct 20
shipping estimate: nope (not on the order page anyway)
date shipped: nope

I did email amazon to find out what was going on. The reply stated that they expect it to ship on Dec 7... OUCH. Oh well, Modern Warfare 2 is going to have to wait :(

date pre-ordered: Oct 18th

Model: XFX 5850
Date Ordered: Oct. 29, 2009
Shipping estimate: November 20, 2009 - December 3, 2009
Date Shipped: Not yet
Price: $259.99

Date expected: Who knows? I went ahead and ordered a 4870 from Tiger so I can get a new i5 build done (all parts should be in by 11-12). IF and when the 5850 ever arrives, I can swap it out and sell the 4870.

I just cancelled my order for the greater good. Hopefully one of you guys will get your's a little bit earlier.

Date Ordered: Oct. 24, 2009
Shipping estimate: November 20, 2009 - December 3, 2009
Price: $259.99

Date Ordered: October 30, 2009
Shipping estimate: November 30, 2009 - February 1, 2010
Price: $266.41

Is there any possible way I can get a 5850 before Thanksgiving, and without paying more than $300? :LOL:

Weird how some of you with later order dates are showing an estimated ship day and us with earlier order dates have no shipping info available. Hmm...

date pre-ordered: Oct 20
shipping estimate: na
date shipped: na

I keep emailing the place i ordered from about once a week just to make sure i stay on the radar as soon as one comes in :)

Hmm... have anyone that preordered a XFX 5850 from amazon actually got their card shipped yet?

I got an email over the weekend from them asking me to approve my order because it was taking so long, but that's all... :(

If I were you guys I'd have been all over the XFX support guys for selling directly the [H] and not fulfilling the orders with you guys, while a nice gesture, they should have made good with their already waiting customers imho...

or they could have just cancelled their amazon orders and got in on the xfx hd promotion!

or they could have just cancelled their amazon orders and got in on the xfx hd promotion!

The xfx prices to the [H] guys was higher than what their pre-orders were for..

If I were you guys I'd have been all over the XFX support guys for selling directly the [H] and not fulfilling the orders with you guys, while a nice gesture, they should have made good with their already waiting customers imho...

There could be 200 people in front of the [H] guys waiting in line at Amazon.

I could see if they explicitly pre-ordered a 5850 from XFX directly, and then XFX came here and said HEY FIRST XXX GET A 5850 RIGHT NOW. I'm sure Amazon is going through a distributor for XFX products and perhaps XFX was able to sell a few directly.

Apples to Oranges in this argument IMHO.

The xfx prices to the [H] guys was higher than what their pre-orders were for..

This. 260 flat vs 299 plus tax and shipping. Sure, Kyle came through for us with that offer (like the usual rockstar), but the price difference is roughly 20% extra; I can wait it out.

There could be 200 people in front of the [H] guys waiting in line at Amazon.

I could see if they explicitly pre-ordered a 5850 from XFX directly, and then XFX came here and said HEY FIRST XXX GET A 5850 RIGHT NOW. I'm sure Amazon is going through a distributor for XFX products and perhaps XFX was able to sell a few directly.

Apples to Oranges in this argument IMHO.

Could be, I guess it's unfair to make assumptions about the situation, but it does suck for these guys in line. I did take advantage of the 8800GT deal XFX offered to the [H] guys when it was hard to find as well, but there was no pre-order issue at that time, just availability issues, they didn't charge more than retail either, just what was normal for the cards.

This. 260 flat vs 299 plus tax and shipping. Sure, Kyle came through for us with that offer (like the usual rockstar), but the price difference is roughly 20% extra; I can wait it out.

Right, it's awesome he did that, like I said, I did the 8800GT deal way back when, but there were no pre-orders and they didn't raise the price for that deal like they did for these cards, it's a shame it's turned out like this for the users above and even yourself having to wait so long, oh well..

I'm still waiting on my Amazon xfx5850 but I was fine with the xfx [H] offer. It was only 50 cards and I'm guessing that there are a whole lot more than 50 outstanding orders over at Amazon and I thought it was great that xfx offered up 50 directly to [H] members.

I see how some folks might be upset based on principal alone ("satisfy existing promises before making new ones") but 50 cards is just a drop in the bucket and sending 50 our way at [H] shows me that they're paying attention and trying to spread some good will in what is I'm sure a very frustrating situation on their end as well. I mean it's got to be killing them that they can't get the gpu chips knowing the number of people out there that would love to buy a card from them.

Today my order has a note on it that says:
Shipment 1 of 1: The following item will arrive after December 25, 2009.

:( :(

Order placed October 27 for XFX 5850

Sorry, Amazon raised the price on all of it's 5800 models. You'll get the pre-order for whatever the current price is.

right now it's at $266, do you pay the price it's listed at when you order, or when it ships?

right now it's at $266, do you pay the price it's listed at when you order, or when it ships?

When you ordered is the way I understand, 266 is still awesome.

Why is XFX taking so long to ship out the etailers?? Sapphire has sent several shipments to the Egg and Mwave got at least one shipment. I have one Sapphire coming from the Egg tomorrow, but what I really want is the XFX 5850. My money is tied up in my paypal account now, otherwise I probably would've bit on the XFX rep's offer here at [H]. Why XFX are you torturing us so????

Aw, probably won't be long until I see that for my Oct 29 order :(

Got a email from amazon today asking me if I still want a XFX 5850 that I ordered on Oct 18th, I replied yes. No ETA on shipment or anything. Missed out on the XFX [H] deal last week =(. Got it for MSRP when it was at $259.99 before the price increase. I have looked all over the internet, and can not find any in stock, and prices are so high now that they're like 5870s MSRP when they first launched if you add in the tax and shipping.

I ordered my 5850 on Sept. 30th and it shipped out on Oct. 9th, but I'm not sure this helps since this was probably before so many people flocked to Amazon for their 5800 needs.

I thought the [H] offer was a nice gesture until someone pointed out the fact that that is 50 cards pre-orders aren't getting.. and it was for $40+ shipping more.. I hadn't thought of it like that.. oh well, my 4850 is still chugging along.

Placed my order on October 24th and no note at all on my account. :(

Anyone else?

Back