Zotac Z68, 19th death but this time takes out CPU

Pjalchemist

Limp Gawd
New board came home with me on saturday. REV 0003, new BETA BIOS, New cpu that i had tested at work to find the best batch, this one did 51x stable @ 1.38v.

All setup stock no problems
Raid was picky with SSD's till i got RST on there.

Uped the multi to 45x and XMP in the ram, BOOM.

It properly went pop, gutted the system down to test each part.

RAM, SSD's, PSU ok

Mobo dead and it's taken this CPU out! Im fed up with crap Zotac and ITX stuff now!

It's taken you 19 boards to decide you are fed up with Zotac and ITX?

Hehe, you get what you pay for. And many times less. Wonder why we do not spend time with its products? Not worth our while? You decide.

First thing about overclocking is that YMMV, yes your mileage may vary, also it´s never been certified nor 100% safe. It´s not only that Zotac is failing at overclocking (it is failing though), it´s that you are failing to understand overclocking.

Overclocking needs more power you know? you´re pushing from what 3.3Ghz? to 4.5Ghz, thats a 1200Mhz overclock on an ITX board, I never read any press material claiming 5Ghz or anything like that, the only thing it states is it allows overclocking and it does.

First thing about overclocking is that YMMV, yes your mileage may vary, also it´s never been certified nor 100% safe..

Lol. Remember when it wasn't even 100% guaranteed that your CPU could even go much beyond stock? People would pay premiums just to get chips from a good batch. It's so easy now we take it for granted.

So, what happened to the clue you were supposed to get the first 18 times?

If you want big overclocks, go micro ATX. IMO you have unrealistic expectations of mini ITX.

After 4 boards I would have never touched zotac again. I went through sandforce products that were crap and I will never buy a sandforce product again. I don't see why you would keep trying their boards....

Personally, I would have stopped after mobo #2 but to be honest I wouldn't have bought the mobo to begin with considering I read problems others were having with it here. :D

I personly stoped after 1 day with it. I then picked it up again with the BETA. Zotac and my work had asked me to carry out some tests!

I know all the risks with overclocking and the main ones for sandy bridge to be mindful of. Still it shouldn't die that easy but what ever!

I got paid to do this via work.

You are now my hero. You guys hiring?

Nope we just got ride of 5 people as i now do there job. My office looks like a pc murder sceeen! Currently have an OCZ SSD in a fishbowl with baby oil proving a point to my big boss about thm ;)

Back