Yum! Ramen for Starving E-Gamers: 24-Pack 3-Oz Creamy Chicken Maruchan Ramen $5.76 @Amazon/Walmart

I'm a fan of the Nongshim Black and the Tonkotsu. The Indomie mentioned in a previous post are pretty good too for what they are...stir in and egg in the final prep and add some crispy chicken.

The Nissin Raoh is one I haven't tried, probably because of the Nissin name attached to it lol. But looking at them I definitely want to try the Miso...thanks for sharing that one!

Reactions: File
like this
My local ramen joint has a cheese ramen, it's like a regular miso/dan dan ramen with shredded cheese that melts and coats the noodles as you pull them out.

It's the best.

I know it sounds like the most midwestern, redneck, peak pothead cuisine, but creamy, cheesy ramen actually slaps hard. The combination of the chili ramen and the queso pushes it over the top.

If there's any drawback it's the fact that in large enough doses it might actually kill you.

I'm definitely a fan of Ramen. I typically go for the Indo-mi me gorang or if i'm feeling really fancy I'll go with a Curry Lamian or Lahksa Lamian from Prima Taste. little more expensive and more involved cooking it but man it's damn good. Throw in a small can of pre-cooked chicken and it's a full on meal. Sodium content isn't even THAT high...

I know it sounds like the most midwestern, redneck, peak pothead cuisine, but creamy, cheesy ramen actually slaps hard. The combination of the chili ramen and the queso pushes it over the top.

If there's any drawback it's the fact that in large enough doses it might actually kill you.
One thing I used to do when I was in college and could consume salt faster than a large farm animal, is I'd crush up a bunch of Cheese-It crackers and put it into some very plain "chicken" ramen, and I don't mean just a couple like enough so that the crackers would absorb almost all the liquid. Now these days that sounds just gross but back then that was quite a tasty lunch for me.

For science, I had to try Maruchan and Top Ramen Beef flavor again since it has been years.

Top Ramen gave me instant heartburn, but also had a stronger seasoning smell when opening the packet.

Maruchan was very mild in flavor even when draining the water out before adding the packet, but no heartburn.

The flavor increase definitely isn't enough in the Top Ramen to justify the heartburn.

I can picture this entire thread of all us old peeps just sitting on the porch talking

I can picture this entire thread of all us old peeps just sitting on the porch talking
Me too,

BMjE1NzkyMDMyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTUwMjU1MjE@._V1_.jpg

:D

Ramen...brings back some memories of my time in South Korea back in early 90's.

Traded away so many MRE's for Ramen and a coke, when I was deployed out in the field. 🤣

Picante Chicken is the best, but I do like the Beef and Pork flavors, too. Shrimp isn't bad, either.
My man! In college when I had an hour to go from one job to school I would make the picante chicken ramen, drain the noodles, put in an egg, and turn the burner back on til it solidified somewhat. Quick and dirty, but I also didn't use all the seasoning packet. I ate so much of it I stopped for like 20 years and just recently started eating ramen again when we got a Pacific Rim Foods store so I can get many different brands. Got a MiGoreng inside right now.....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7AwKharXeQ Edit: I was watching this one the other day for ideas.

Back