Youtube Bans Bump-stock Gun Mod Videos

Gun control does work or at least help, it's just the NRA and its paid for promoters say it doesn't cos...you know...money.

It's nothing to do with anything else, just cold hard money. The NRA doesn't give a shit about the second amendment, gun owners or anyone else as long as they keep buying guns.

Then why do the areas in the US with the most strict gun control, have the must gun related problems?

Again same old NRA sponsored pointless arguments are pointless.

you didn't answer the question.....its a proven fact that the areas with the strictest gun laws, have the most gun violence...how is that a pointless argument?

you didn't answer the question.....its a proven fact that the areas with the strictest gun laws, have the most gun violence...how is that a pointless argument?
It's not a "proven fact." The claim is factually incorrect.

I take issue with the idea that YouTube is censoring content. FTR, I find the idea to remove such content not very useful. BUT A. YouTube is privately owned, so the owner corporation can refuse to be a distributiin platform for any kind of message. B. The first Amendment only applies to censorship from the government.

It's a known fact, that the 1st Amendment does not offer you protection for your opinion in the private sphere. And we've seen it recently with the NFL protests, how some private citizens are less inclined to secure NFL players rights to protest.

It raises the question then, do you want the 1st Amendment to be absolute or not? I personally beleieve, it isn't.

Don't quote Chicago as an example.
Unless, there is some magic barrier that prevents guns bought and sold outside Chicago's boundaries, to be brought to Chicago illegally, this argument holds no ground.

However, one argument that IS factual, and irrefutable, is that which states that guns are supposed to make you safer, yet the US is one, if not the first nation of the industrialized countries with the highest number of gun related fatalities.

No, I am not anti-gun, btw. I enjoy shooting my firearms for sport.

Don't quote Chicago as an example.
Unless, there is some magic barrier that prevents guns bought and sold outside Chicago's boundaries, to be brought to Chicago illegally, this argument holds no ground.

However, one argument that IS factual, and irrefutable, is that which states that guns are supposed to make you safer, yet the US is one, if not the first nation of the industrialized countries with the highest number of gun related fatalities.

No, I am not anti-gun, btw. I enjoy shooting my firearms for sport.
Actually, it does hold ground. Why? Because what is it about Chicago that makes it "Chiraq" yet all of the surrounding areas where it's easy to get guns, don't have a daily homicide ticker and state page that looks like it would belong to a character in a game like GTA? Surely if the surrounding areas(the entire rest of the state of Illinois) are just as susceptible to the same increase in crime as Chicago itself. Of course this again gets back to the root of the problem since not every homicide in Chicago involves a firearm even though most do, yet few are committed with the long guns you'd find those lawless hillbillies in the surrounding areas actually owning. Why do I feel safer at the local shooting range or gun show, than I do in say... Oakland? Why is it that I'd prefer to avoid San Bernadino, and wouldn't be worried that I'm going to get mugged for my phone at an NRA convention?

The number of guns is not the problem. It's who has them, and if we can solve why they do the crap that they do, then we don't have to worry as much about it. I'd trust a nutjob with a gun as much as I'd trust them with a u-haul truck(and unsurprisingly, the truck, fertilizer, and diesel is a hell of a lot easier to get).

Um, most of the guns in Mexico come from the US. It is actually the major illegal trade from US->Mexico besides cash money.
Because they're cheap. Do you think the cartels would give up and go home if all the guns disappeared? Do you think they would just ignore the new insanely lucrative black market that just opened up?

The ATF may only be able to trace 100. Of those 100, 90 can be confirmed to be from the US.

this, & lets not forget Obama's attorney general Eric Holder flooded cartels with arms through Operation Fast & Furious, which directly resulted in the deaths of border patrol agents.

No, I'm being quite serious. The trigger disconnect prevents slam-fire and full-auto malfunctions on semi-auto rifles. The full-auto rifles have a special safety sear to prevent, and this sear is treated as a restricted NFA part. Civilian "Fully tricked out" AR-15's do not have the machine cuts for the full auto sear. Simulating full-auto fire loses the safety of the trigger disconnect, without the safety of the full-auto sear.

negative, ghostrider. I would love to know where you are copying your disinformation from, because you certainly do not speak from experience. The auto sear allows a full auto firearm to continuously fire as long as the trigger is depressed AND the selector is in the select fire position. Full auto AR15s are capable of firing semi auto with the selector in the semi auto position.

post-32676-1317678589.gif

Bumpfire accessories do not change the fact that semi auto firearms require the trigger to be pulled for every shot fired, they just use recoil to get your finger to break the physical plane required for each trigger pull. The "machine cuts" you refer to (lol) are simply a third hole machined into full auto AR15 lowers above the selector to accommodate the auto sear pin, both full & semi auto AR15s have a trigger disconnect because they are both capable of semi auto fire.

Regarding You'Tube's decision, bumpfire has existed for 10+ years & slidefire accessories for at least 5. These videos never killed anyone, the maniac who pointed a rifle at a crowd of people & pulled the trigger repeatedly did. Banning videos does not stop maniacs from killing people any more than infringing on the rights of citizens in response to the acts of terrorists.

Last edited:
Back