Xbox 360 Skinning Mod

HardOCP News

[H] News
Xbox 360 Skinning Mod - Is that plain while iconic box just a bit too ho-hum for you? We have the solution for anyone looking to add a little color, excitement and individual expression to their Xbox 360.

Let’s take a quick look at what this is and what you get for your money. A complete $25 Decal Girl skin pack for your Xbox 360 consists of two side pieces and a face plate skin. Keep in mind that the cost of a Decal Girl Xbox 360 kit that covers the entire unit is only $5 more than a standard replacement face plate.

Please share your thoughts on our review and the game here. Thanks for reading!

I ordered their spiderweb decal for my 360 and this was before they had their 360 degreee images online. Word of warning this decal the webs do not line up from the front to the sides (which you can now see online, but not when I got mine). I complained and they offered me a replacement of my choice.

I still have the spiderweb decal, as I haven't seen a replacement one I like as much yet.

I don't know about those in particular, but Rich has recommended http://www.nushield.com/ as a good source of screen protectors for all sorts of devices. I've been meaning to pick up some DS protectors from there once my Pelican one bites the dust.

i got mine from decal girl. took a little bit to get it lined up nice, but well worth it. looks very good. i've bought from them in the past to skin my gamecube, xbox, and psp, all very nice. the one i got for 360 was the diamond plate steel one.

I've been thinking of skinning both my 360 and my old Xbox, those Decalgirl vinyls are sharp, though I'd probably also have to do the kids' Gamecube to abate the "That's not fair!!!" cries of angst and deprivement.

I enjoy my PSP skin from decalgirl. Much better quality than a couple other online decal places a tried.

Slartibartfast said:
I don't know about those in particular, but Rich has recommended http://www.nushield.com/ as a good source of screen protectors for all sorts of devices. I've been meaning to pick up some DS protectors from there once my Pelican one bites the dust.

Adhesive screen protectors just scare me. I have seen way to many nightmare removals with all the residue left behind.

The good folks over at Nushield do indeed make a non adhesive protector for the PSP as well.

You can check out their gaming device section:

http://nushield.net/products_games_and_accessories_screen_protector_overlay.htm

I really like the idea of easy skinnable custom jobs for your 360. It's a easy way to customize yours without a ton of work. As always I enjoyed the article, and yes I am biased. ;)

Steve said:
Please share your thoughts on our review and the game here. Thanks for reading!

I like the end result, but is applying a vinal decal really worth an article? I know that sounds dicky, but it seems kind of oft.

pigpen said:
I like the end result, but is applying a vinal decal really worth an article? I know that sounds dicky, but it seems kind of oft.

That isn't being "dickish" bro, that is a legit question and the answer is YES.

Most people have no idea there is anything but face plates out there. Yeah, the dedicated / [H] enthusiast may know about skinning, but does anyone else? Do they know it is a viable option for only $5 more than a faceplate?

That alone makes it worth writing about, letting the other 80% of our readers know what their options are.

Rich Tate said:
Adhesive screen protectors just scare me. I have seen way to many nightmare removals with all the residue left behind.

The good folks over at Nushield do indeed make a non adhesive protector for the PSP as well.

You can check out their gaming device section:

http://nushield.net/products_games_and_accessories_screen_protector_overlay.htm

I really like the idea of easy skinnable custom jobs for your 360. It's a easy way to customize yours without a ton of work. As always I enjoyed the article, and yes I am biased. ;)

I actually just put in an order for the DS version. I've been using pelican brand protectors, which are nice in that they leave behind zero residue and are easy to put on/take off, but the downside is they blur the screen noticeably.

Steve got me all riled up and I just bought this PSP flat black faceplate with red buttons. Should make my PSP give off that true [H] vibe.

And you know what pigpen, I might just write an article about it. If you give me your IP, I will make sure you never have to see it. ;)

Steve said:

Most people have no idea there is anything but face plates out there. Yeah, the dedicated / [H] enthusiast may know about skinning, but does anyone else? Do they know it is a viable option for only $5 more than a faceplate?

That alone makes it worth writing about, letting the other 80% of our readers know what their options are.
So true. I knew about the faceplates and heard something about skinning before but thought it was much more expensive then that and faceplates somehow felt like a rip off to me anyway. This is a great article that opened more possibilities to personalize my 360.
Great job I say.

"Start by cleaning your case good."

Somebody should get canned for that one... :rolleyes:

Steve said:

To make you feel even better, I had no idea there was such a thing until this article. I'll probably buy one in the next week or so.

Back