WoW; 5th expansion Warlords of Draenor

Wotlk > MoP > TBC >>>>>>>>>>> Cata

Cata was very average the only thing going for it is the new quests, they're much much better (in the old world).

I would say the order of awesomeness goes like this:

Awesome
Vanilla
TBC

Very Good
MoP

Good
WotLK

Wish I could forget
Cata

With the number of LFR's available now, there's enough gameplay there for 8-10 hours / week if that's all you do. You'll never be as geared as the heroic-raiding players, but you'll be good enough. My playtime tends to be a mix of LFR, battlegrounds, a few heroics & scenarios, and leveling alts.

From what they've announced with the new expansion so far, I'm going to guess it will land between TBC and MoP. Heck, even getting rid of hit and expertise scores them a ton of points with me!

I enjoyed WotLK thoroughly and it sucked me back in from vanilla. MOP on the other hand never really clicked for me. I'm eagerly looking forward to this new expansion though.

wrath of lynch king was the best one Bliz made IMO. If you you think differently... then clearly you took one to many arrows to the knee.

I would say the order of awesomeness goes like this:

Awesome
Vanilla
TBC

Very Good
MoP

Good
WotLK

Wish I could forget
Cata

With the number of LFR's available now, there's enough gameplay there for 8-10 hours / week if that's all you do. You'll never be as geared as the heroic-raiding players, but you'll be good enough. My playtime tends to be a mix of LFR, battlegrounds, a few heroics & scenarios, and leveling alts.

From what they've announced with the new expansion so far, I'm going to guess it will land between TBC and MoP. Heck, even getting rid of hit and expertise scores them a ton of points with me!

Is there any way to get arena quality gear without having to play ten games a week? In the end I couldn't even muster up the enthusiasm to queue up for the minimum games per week to get some points that's how boring I found arenas. I thoroughly enjoyed dicking around in world pvp by camping rare mining nodes and slaughtering people.

Wotlk > MoP > TBC >>>>>>>>>>> Cata

Cata was very average the only thing going for it is the new quests, they're much much better (in the old world).

Eh.....WoTLK = BC, MoP > getting killed in a fire > cata

I'd say BC and WoTLK combined would be literally the perfect expansion. MoP wasn't bad really, if this one is getting them on the right track and the next ones a home run they did the right thing.

However, if they don't hit a home run with WoD then they are done.

Is there any way to get arena quality gear without having to play ten games a week? In the end I couldn't even muster up the enthusiasm to queue up for the minimum games per week to get some points that's how boring I found arenas. I thoroughly enjoyed dicking around in world pvp by camping rare mining nodes and slaughtering people.

World pvp, get PVE gear. You can literally shit on people wearing half grievous gear with weapon. I burned a frost DK down in like 5 seconds. (half tyrannical half grievous w/weapon)

I've just been playing battlegrounds. In a day or so I was able to get enough conquest points for a grievous neck (ilvl 522, 1250 points) to replace the 414 I had in my ret set. Of course, that only works if you win most of the games...

Inspecting a lot of the better players in battlegrounds, it seems that there's so much stamina on PVE gear that, say, the ilvl 522 PVE gear will be better than the 496 pvp gear. I'm assuming this probably is because of the changes to pvp power and resilience that went in I think in 5.3.

Ran across something on Reddit yesterday -- quests will now have a small chance to reward rare or epic items instead of the expected green item. That's kind of cool, though I'm sure there will be the "but free handouts!!!!!!" crowd making a big fuss about it....

Read up a little on garrisons, I'm a bit concerned about what they're going to do to tradeskills. I guess you can put up buildings for tradeskills you don't have in order to gain access to them. Hopefully there's enough limitations on them that tailors and enchants and blacksmiths still have value. If everyone can just get enchants from their garrison, what's the point? A better option to me would be to have buildings put up for skills you don't have, but have on alts and would like to access from any character. As an example, if I have an enchanter, and want all of my characters to have access to enchanting, I could put up the enchanting building and then be able to enchant stuff for my own alts. I guess we'll have to wait and see in beta.

Also, it would be very cool if garrisons were accessible from outside the game -- maybe on the mobile WoW app or something. Just a simple interface to "deploy" your followers to gather resources or quests or dungeons or something.

Read up a little on garrisons, I'm a bit concerned about what they're going to do to tradeskills. I guess you can put up buildings for tradeskills you don't have in order to gain access to them. Hopefully there's enough limitations on them that tailors and enchants and blacksmiths still have value. If everyone can just get enchants from their garrison, what's the point? A better option to me would be to have buildings put up for skills you don't have, but have on alts and would like to access from any character. As an example, if I have an enchanter, and want all of my characters to have access to enchanting, I could put up the enchanting building and then be able to enchant stuff for my own alts. I guess we'll have to wait and see in beta.

They said that they don't want Garrisons to put actual tradeskills out of business, so they will be very limited versions of fully evolved tradeskills. There shouldn't be a reason to worry.

meh im enjoying emeralddream classic wow myself, these epacs get worse and worse

To be fair though, MoP is a lot better than Cata. Of course there was zero challenge in making that happen.

I just think WoD isn't what they need right now to bring WoW back to it's former glory.

Nevertheless I'll give it a shot.

I enjoyed the first tier of cata with the whole elemental theme which I thought was pretty cool. Firelands and Dragon Soul just didn't mesh as well as I thought it would with the beginning of the xpac.

Something that I can't stand about WoW since Cata including MoP has been a lot of re-skinned models like mounts and npc's.

When I played Wrath and I first saw the proto-drake and frostbrood mounts I was blown away by how awesome they looked. Now eveything is just a lot of reskinned models with a different name.

meh im enjoying emeralddream classic wow myself, these epacs get worse and worse

A couple of my friends started talking about playing on that server, but I don't think I could deal with the long lonely road to 60.

Yeah I've never really made a point to buy any of the "expensive" mounts because they are quite unimpressive.

All the really unique and cool mounts are TCG too, the tiger, rhino...

I don't know why they just don't start throwing random animal mounts.

I remember on my old account getting the blue protodrake on my like 3rd run. One of the few people that had a protodrake for a long time. Then everyone got one :(

Ah yes the memories are coming back now of all those wasted hours camping for my Time Lost Proto-Drake. It took me days of camping but that mount was damn worth it lol.

Be happy you did when you could, damn cross realms just ruined that. I refuse to even attempt TLPD or Aeonaxx

Blizz On World Of Warcraft’s Procedural Future;
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...d-of-warcrafts-procedural-future-warcraft-iv/

Expansions, in other words, aren’t going anywhere. Blizzard told me that its already set a course well beyond Old Draenor, and that it’d like to get there sooner rather than later. Much sooner, actually – at least, relative to the glacial pace it set for previous expansions.

“Right now, we’re designing multiple expansions out, with the idea that we want them to come faster, and we want the storylines to meld,” said Stockton. “So characters you meet here, we’re already planning how we’re gonna use them in the next expansion.”

“I think we’ve always said we’d love to be able to deliver an expansion every year. That’s what we’d like to do. It’s just extremely difficult. The team is making its biggest effort ever to do that. We’re growing. We have people working on tons of different things – more than one at a time.”

And about WoW going free-to-play ?

At this point, you might get the impression that WoW’s horizons are sunset pink and wide open, adventurous panda and cow people riding adventurous lion bird scorpions all about. Nothing, it seems, is off limits. And yet, oddly, Blizzard is still extremely hesitant to embrace the one direction that’s given nearly every aging MMO an at least temporary second lease on life.

“[Free-to-play] is not really an active discussion, to be honest,” admitted Stockton. “Number one, the subscription model, we’re still happy with the number of players we have. But number two, going free-to-play is a dramatic game design change. At that point, we have to decide what’s available and what’s not. At that point, there’s a lot of terrible examples of how that’s been done. Some are better than others, but you’re still compromising the design of the game to make the actual payment system of the game work. That’s the part that I think is most devastating to World of Warcraft.”

“That point could come one day. We could totally make that decision. I just don’t think we’ve even talked about it yet.”

Lead quest designer Craig Amai – who had, in fact, been there the whole time – added almost boastfully that WoW still, even with numbers steadily falling, has more subscribers than any other primarily subscription-based game. I noted that his response could be read as a form of complacency, but he fired back that it was nothing of the sort. Rather, there are many approaches that yield great games, but panicking isn’t one of them.

“It’s not a complacent thing,” Amai clarified. “It’s very much a matter of, we don’t need to freak out. We just need to keep making the best game we can make. That’s what it really comes down to. We have a good game and some great ideas on how to carry it forward. There’s no emergency light flashing.”

Free to play = stick a fork in it, that MMO is done.

They won't ever do it, they'll go out with a final expansion but only when they have cemented a future with a new game. I'd almost say that WoD would have been the last had they went on with a successful Titan.

Titan is done till like 2015+....you'll see WoD and one more WoW expansion for sure.

Blizzard has dumbed down their player base, at this point they'll just keep throwing free shit at players so they stay. Easy to get gear, mounts whatever it takes. Much easier raids that's for sure.

Free to play = stick a fork in it, that MMO is done.

They won't ever do it, they'll go out with a final expansion but only when they have cemented a future with a new game. I'd almost say that WoD would have been the last had they went on with a successful Titan.

Titan is done till like 2015+....you'll see WoD and one more WoW expansion for sure.

Blizzard has dumbed down their player base, at this point they'll just keep throwing free shit at players so they stay. Easy to get gear, mounts whatever it takes. Much easier raids that's for sure.

All the rumors, make it sound like 'Titan' is way off from release now. A few years ago, most pointed to a 2013/2014 release, and with the recent scrapping and redo, I'd be shocked if we see 'Titan' any earlier than Fall 2015. I bet it's a 2016/2017 release honestly.

And WoW is not going anywhere, it's a frigging cash cow, and bank account for Blizzard, making a $ Billion $ dollars per year :eek: No way that game is going to stop anytime soon. Blizzard wants to shoot for annual expansion releases, and keep the subscriptions active and going. I also see a 18 month release between WoW expansions, realistically, instead of the normal 2 year gap between expansions, I think 12 months is too fast, and pushing it for WoW, could hurt quality

I bet WoW goes to Level 125. WoD is 90 - 100 due Spring 2014 ( May / June ), then we'll see expansion #6 in Fall 2015, most likely Levels 100 - 110, and then expansion #7 for Levels 110 - 120 in Spring 2017, and then the final last expansion # 8 for levels 120 -125 in Fall 2018. By then 'Titan' will already be out, and on it's expansion #1.

You could be right, but as much of a cash cow as it is...subscription are dropping quite steadily.

Annual expansion releases would be another step towards killing the game. That would mean like realistically cutting the amount of raid bosses in half. WoTLK had something like 52 raid bosses, cata had like 28. MoP somewhere in between. Annual release would mean maybe 20 raid bosses. Unless they really aim to make mythic content THAT exclusive.

Personally I feel 2 years is about right for an expansion, I'm not exactly itching for a new expansion.

Also lets face it, you would have to dumb the game down quite significantly as you make 1 year expansions less half of the player base that sees heroics now would see mythic. Even still the first tier of MoP MANY solid guilds didn't see 3-5+ heroic bosses. That content was really good for longer. ToT was a bit easier, SoO is cake. First 8 heroic bosses are a joke.

To me it sounds like they are doing things that go against each other. I dunno though, I'll wait and see

I started playing on ED myself this weekend and I'm loving it. Seems like the population is pretty healthy too.

Hard to believe the game has been out 10 years already. I said the same thing about the Simpsons when it was at the 10 year marker and the show is still kicking 25 years later. I think WoW is going to be in the same boat. It will take a really, really long time for subscriptions to fall with them reinfusing it every two years or so with expansions. My money is on a 25th Anniversary happening for WoW in about 2029 or thereabouts, around the 12th expansion. I'll be pretty close to retirement too.

Anyone playing emerald dream add me. Im kenjiwing or drop me a pm here. Im a horde rogue and could use some gear/gold/friends to play with!

Old high warlord here :)

WoW Source: Warlords of Draenor, New Undead Female Character Model Revealed;
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content...or-New-Undead-Female-Character-Model-Revealed

WoW Source: Warlords of Draenor
Another episode of WoW Source has been posted. You can find our recap below!

Warlords of Draenor Story

The team has been talking about Warlords of Draenor since a few months before the Mists of Pandaria launch. Starting on it so far in advance let them set up the Garrosh story for the next expansion.
One of the ideas tossed around was having different Mongrel Horde races united by Garrosh to attack Azeroth. They realized it would be a cooler story if he was reassembling the old Orcish Horde. Then the team had to decide how it would be done, with one idea being resurrecting all of the old leaders. That would be confusing as far as if they were undead or how everything worked, so the idea of going back to Draenor was decided upon.
Early versions of old Draenor weren't going to use what is now Zangarmarsh for anything, but someone made a concept art of the giant mushrooms underwater that made the team decide to use it after all.
Old Draenor is supposed to be a mix of the familiar and things people have never seen before.

New Models

The new Undead Female model is far along enough to show off, but no animation has been done yet.
There was a bug that made the eye of the Human Female model look different and people got really upset about it, which is why the team is being so careful in building the new models.
The team is looking forward to seeing what machinima authors can do with the new models.
The robe models are a little tired at this point and they haven't been improved as much as the team would like.
The team also looked at making new cloak models that use alpha to mask out some of the cloak to make new shapes.
The team has talked about the different ways they could roll out new character models, including just switching them one day or allowing people to opt out and keep the old ones for performance reasons.
NPCs will also benefit from the new models and get some touchups to fix any custom work that was done that doesn't match the new models and animations.

Garrisons

Garrisons will take gold and some kind of garrison resource like wood or stone to upgrade.
Garrisons are mostly an individual thing because if it were a guild thing first, the guild leaders would take all of the fun parts.

Mythic Raiding

A 15 player size was discussed, but the devs are already asking 10 player guilds to grow so they selected the size that would work best going forward.
Mythic raiding was set to 20 because of the advantages it gives the team when designing raids.
With 20 players, raid designers can assume there is at least one of each class in the raid, something that they can't do with a raid size of 15.
Having 20 players also allows for more complex mechanics for the most challenging raid content.

Misc

The free boost to level 90 won't expire. You can boost any character to level 90, as there is no level requirement.
Ashran will allow you to collect scraps from other defeated opponents to build something like strong armor, a vehicle, or launch a wave of NPCs at the enemy. Players may even have longer term objectives they can work on that span multiple days.

Ashran will allow you to collect scraps from other defeated opponents to build something like strong armor, a vehicle, or launch a wave of NPCs at the enemy. Players may even have longer term objectives they can work on that span multiple days.

What is Ashran? I must've missed it...

What about main cities in WoD ? Will there be a shared Faction city like Shattrath in Draenor, or separate cities like the Shrines ?

EDIT;

Just found it, will be like MoP, but each city located in totally different zones, and the Alliance city looks AMAZING, the Horde will be in a drab cold winter zone :(

Horde - Bladefire Citadel
http://www.wowwiki.com/Bladespire_Fortress

Alliance - Karabor
http://www.wowwiki.com/Karabor

^

Yeah, got the same first impression. Bladespire doesn't look bad, but seems to pale in comparison with the Alliance city. I'm pretty sure now I'm going to use the level 90 boost on an Alliance character, to have one character for both the Horde and Alliance.

^

Yeah, got the same first impression. Bladespire doesn't look bad, but seems to pale in comparison with the Alliance city. I'm pretty sure now I'm going to use the level 90 boost on an Alliance character, to have one character for both the Horde and Alliance.

I leveled an Alliance Warlock on my server (Zul'jin) and Alliance is pretty much dead/full of frenchies. It's pretty amazing to go from a busy/populated horde side to an almost empty Veil on Alliance side.

I tried ED, but after the novelty of reliving vanilla wore off, I got tired of the glacial leveling again. I switched to their Warsong server, and it's at least bearable (no pun on my Druid). The population is very healthy, and I'm looking forwards to 60 and the old instances/raids/pvp. If anyone is on there, hit me up via PM.

They're not official Blizzard servers. They're the ones being discussed in the posts above.

Not official, as in, not quite legal. I wouldn't be using the same install for live and "unofficial" characters.

This is great news for Tanks like me;

The Light and How to Swing It: BlizzCon recap for tankadins
http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/15/the-light-and-how-to-swing-it-blizzcon-recap-for-tankadins/

Vengeance changes

If you thought I was excited about the removal of dodge/parry -- that change has nothing on this. In an interview with some blues, they revealed that Vengeance is being changed to only affect "tanking abilities" -- that is, defensive abilities. Further, they intend for tanks to be generally tuned at 75% of the damage of an actual DPS player. You know what that means, right? Vengeance will have absolutely no effect on tank damage output -- only survival.

It makes perfect sense, after all. With the itemization changes, there is no "tank gear" anymore, just plate or leather. Instead of tanks loading themselves up with pieces saddled with avoidance stats, we'll be grabbing the same haste or mastery or whatever other damage-affecting secondary stats that any other DPS player would be accumulating. There won't be the same dramatic diverging curves in tank damage vs. DPS damage as a result, as the former loads up on survivability stats and the later damage stats.

This is a monumental change -- cataclysmic, even. Tank damage won't be heavily nerfed outside of raids anymore because it can be consistent across all content types. For those masochistic types among us who preferred doing dailies in tank spec, suddenly you won't need to rely on accumulating a throng of mobs to put out a decent amount of damage and kill them all before you have to log off for the night.

Off tanks will actually be able to contribute to raid damage in a respectable manner, rather than feebly poke the boss as their attack power fizzles away after a hand-off.

I was so done with WoW years ago.

I can't believe Blizzard is still milking this.

I got a *real* life now :)

I was so done with WoW years ago.

I can't believe Blizzard is still milking this.

I got a *real* life now :)

I have a love / hate relationship with WoW, my 9 years playing this game. I thought earlier this year I was done for good, didn't touch the game for 6 months, cancelled my subscription beginning of the new year, and couldn't care less, I had zero desire to ever play the game again.

Then for some strange reason, I decided to take up the offer from Blizzard on the 7 day free pass. I said WTF, I'll give it one more go after Patch 5.4 went live.

:D man I got hooked again :eek: Not sure how or why, but I really got into LFR SoO, and running all the older Raids for mog gear, and my Guild was surprisingly still very active, with at least a dozen or more players on, even on a Thursday night.

Now I play this freaking game every night for at around 30 to 60 minutes a night before bed. I haven't been this into WoW since my BC / Wrath days. My nightly ritual is to run a Heroic Scenario + Shado Pan rep daily, and then a LFR SoO or ToT but that's only two nights a week.

How did I get sucked back into this game ? I swore it off just two months ago for good.

I have a love / hate relationship with WoW, my 9 years playing this game. I thought earlier this year I was done for good, didn't touch the game for 6 months, cancelled my subscription beginning of the new year, and couldn't care less, I had zero desire to ever play the game again.

Then for some strange reason, I decided to take up the offer from Blizzard on the 7 day free pass. I said WTF, I'll give it one more go after Patch 5.4 went live.

:D man I got hooked again :eek: Not sure how or why, but I really got into LFR SoO, and running all the older Raids for mog gear, and my Guild was surprisingly still very active, with at least a dozen or more players on, even on a Thursday night.

Now I play this freaking game every night for at around 30 to 60 minutes a night before bed. I haven't been this into WoW since my BC / Wrath days. My nightly ritual is to run a Heroic Scenario + Shado Pan rep daily, and then a LFR SoO or ToT but that's only two nights a week.

How did I get sucked back into this game ? I swore it off just two months ago for good.

cool-story-bro.jpg

Back