Which RTX 4090 card are you planning or consider to get?

Nope, not me. I scraped and scrounged enough to snag the 3080 and I thought I wasn't going to make it. 3 months after I get it I find EVGA isn't making anymore cards so the step-up I was shooting for got shot down.

I might go team red for the card upgrade and get a break from team green.

I’m not sure if it’s part architecture and part cpu bottleneck, but Ampere didn’t scale as well to lower resolutions either. AMD did a bit better, but it doesn’t really make sense to buy the top end cards for 1080p, unless you are going for 1080p at 480Hz or something.

Cat’s out of the bag… FE card runs cool, has the smallest size and a 600W power limit. This is gonna be the most desired card tomorrow lol
That sucks. Was really hoping to grab a 4090 FE tomorrow, but that might be a pipe dream.

OK, Well the reviews have changed my mind. I am getting the COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 4090 Vulcan with the cool new detachable LCD

The new COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX® 40 Series Vulcan Series graphics cards feature a new look having many improvements over its predecessor. The new Vulcan Series graphics card features the new Hurricane Scythe Blade – an improved fan blade design that produces more airflow at lower noise levels compared to the previous generation Storm Chaser fan design. The Vulcan model still sports the metallic silver on a black color scheme.

The customizable display is a signature of the Vulcan Series. The new Vulcan Series graphics card features the all-new iGame Smart LCD – a detachable magnetic display. By default, the iGame Smart LCD is installed on the Vulcan graphics card and can be mounted horizontally or vertically. The detachable display can be placed on the included display dock as a stand-alone customizable screen that users can place on their desk. The iGame Smart LCD is connected via USB An included Vulcan Lightboard replaces the iGame Smart LCD on the graphics card when removed and placed on the dock.

Reactions: cvinh
like this
I'm wondering why it does almost double the performance at 4K but barely 25% more perf at 1080p. (compared to 3080)

I think it depends on games you play. I might wait tkkk RDNA 3 this time or grab this. Just hate returning shit but if raster is faster on the 7000 series and less power I might got just route.

Gamer nexus did a great review. Basically 35+% in raster. Can be as good as 70s in 4K. Seems all over that place.

Damn he also called dlss3 marketing bullshit and simply ignore it for now lmao.

Also called out nvidia. What a shady move about only allowing reviews of their cards on day one. That is as unethical as you can get Lmao. No wonder evga pulled out. I respect their decision I wouldn’t want to deal with a company either who wants to promote it’s in house design over partners more with shady practices like this.

Everyone is gonna want founders day one.

Last edited:
Does anyone think bottom mounting a radiator is okay? I kinda want the Liquid X but I really only can bottom mount it in my Fractal Torrent.

I think it depends on games you play. I might wait tkkk RDNA 3 this time or grab this. Just hate returning shit but if raster is faster on the 7000 series and less power I might got just route.

Gamer nexus did a great review. Basically 35+% in raster. Can be as good as 70s in 4K. Seems all over that place.

Damn he also called dlss3 marketing bullshit and simply ignore it for now lmao.

Did he not try dlss 3.0? Watching other reviews dlss looks pretty nice imo.

der8auer shows running the card at like 60 percent power will give you almost the same performance as 100 percent.

Did he not try dlss 3.0? Watching other reviews dlss looks pretty nice imo.

der8auer shows running the card at like 60 percent power will give you almost the same performance as 100 percent.

I trust gamer nexus. He did try it. He just says it like it is. He is specially referring to dlss3.

Not sure I wanna get a 1600 dollar car to save power. I see benefit of dlss with Ray tracing on to maximize the image. Otherwise raster is good enough on the cards I think to keep original image. However I doubt save energy anyways at 4K though where you are pushing GPU at its fullest.

Last edited:
Man, this is the card to get for my 4k/120hz Oled.....very impressive. Cannot wait to see what AMD brings out next month now. Hopefully they have something to match this card.....we need prices to go down right? lol

I wonder if my local Best Buy will have any FE's available tomorrow. Seems every YouTuber and his momma got sampled. Day before launch reviews and Kyle saying there is plenty of stock. Would be awesome to have one in hand by lunch tomorrow. Stranger things have happened!

I think if I see an FE available online tomorrow I might grab it. Asus prices are too high this round so I’ll either grab FE or wait and probably not buy anything for a while. I don’t need a new card but it would be fun to play with and would likely last the next 3-4 years at 4k120 if you don’t use Ray tracing.

Hopefully I can pick one up, but sadly I have meetings all day tomorrow, so going to miss my shot there.

Anyway, as the review stated, we're at the point now, where if you're not running a high refresh rate 1440p monitor or above, the cards out now are good enough. But I wonder how many people with 1080p monitors, which is still the average gamer, are going to get one and find out that they're not getting really any extra performance.

Hopefully I can pick one up, but sadly I have meetings all day tomorrow, so going to miss my shot there.

Anyway, as the review stated, we're at the point now, where if you're not running a high refresh rate 1440p monitor or above, the cards out now are good enough. But I wonder how many people with 1080p monitors, which is still the average gamer, are going to get one and find out that they're not getting really any extra performance.
1080p gamers are buying nearly 2k GPUs?

I trust gamer nexus. He did try it. He just says it like it is. He is specially referring to dlss3.

Not sure I wanna get a 1600 dollar car to save power. I see benefit of dlss with Ray tracing on to maximize the image. Otherwise raster is good enough on the cards I think to keep original image. However I doubt save energy anyways at 4K though where you are pushing GPU at its fullest.

You can save over 100 watts of power usage and lose like 5 percent of performance. I think Gamers Nexus has it wrong with the dlss stuff if that is what he says, have not watched his review yet. The gain in fps and almost no loss in image quality is pretty impressive on the 4090. Check out der8auer's review.

The post mentioned average 1080p gamers. I very much doubt any are going to buy these.
Yeah, people that want to max a 480hz 1080p monitor aren't "average 1080p gamers", heh. Average 1080p gamers wouldn't be 1080p gamers anymore if they could afford a $1600 GPU.

You can save over 100 watts of power usage and lose like 5 percent of performance. I think Gamers Nexus has it wrong with the dlss stuff if that is what he says, have not watched his review yet. The gain in fps and almost no loss in image quality is pretty impressive on the 4090. Check out der8auer's review.

I don’t know why you are misunderstanding it. He just said dlss 3 is bull shit right now. He just said that like it is. He did not say dlss in general. Is that clear now? Hardware unboxed brushed it off without being harsh on it. Gamer nexus just called it bullshit cuz it’s not ready and just marketing right now. There is a Reason hardware unboxed didn’t test it.

I watched this review. He explains what’s happening. If I am using dlss sorry I am not using performance mode. It will be quality by itself. Performance for me would be something I pair with Ray tracing if I did which will just add to GPU load, that would be if I absolutely need it. He clearly states why the power consumption will be lower because it’s rendering at 1080p.

Gamer Entitlement Syndrome is always highest at Nvidia flagship launches, and once again "Average gamers" will fall into two camps:

1) Dragging their runny noses across every reddit and forum thread to yell that the flagship, luxury-class time-wasting product they are not the target market for is "Insane" and "overkill" and "too expensive" - and anyone that doesn't share the view are "sheep".

2) Buying one anyway for the momentary psychological contentment, believing it would relieve the anxiety created by the existence of the product.

If I were to get a 4090. I would go with the MSI Suprim Watercooler version. Its smaller and will keep those temps down so you can do more overclocking.

If I were to get a 4090. I would go with the MSI Suprim Watercooler version. Its smaller and will keep those temps down so you can do more overclocking.
I like to think of my self as pretty [H]ard when it comes to overclocking, but I am not down for +%5-10 for 600+ watts.
I will probably set the power target to 60-70% like Der Bauer was showing in his video.

I like to think of my self as pretty [H]ard when it comes to overclocking, but I am not down for +%5-10 for 600+ watts.
I will probably set the power target to 60-70% like Der Bauer was showing in his video.
You are absolutely correct as you you can lower the power. But, I mean this is [H], why the hell would you not overclock it to 600+w and get the most performance! Specially if you want to game at anything at 4k/120 (Which this card was made for basically).

But yeah you are correct, these are no where near as power hungry as the rumors suggested and if anything can have great performance at a lower power target.

Yeah the OC results were pretty lame for the power required.

They may be better under water or with AC ducted to an open bench, etc. All the AC results I saw were in "normal" setups where increased temps may have been negating any gains.
I'd just be more likely to take the power down 20% and still get ~95% of the performance. Cool and quiet.

Nope. Might if you take out the intake fans. Otherwise, 320mm max length is all that will fit. I have a 540 air myself.
Fek. Looks like there is a GPU bigger than my dong after all. Holy shitcanian.

Also, looking at them reviews, this 4090 is over level 9000! I have this uneasy feeling that it'll be at par, if not better, than my RTX 3090 Ti SLI setup!! :eek:

Can't wait to get my 4090s. :)

Fek. Looks like there is a GPU bigger than my dong after all. Holy shitcanian.

Also, looking at them reviews, this 4090 is over level 9000! I have this uneasy feeling that it'll be at par, if not better, than my RTX 3090 Ti SLI setup!! :eek:

Can't wait to get my 4090s. :)
The 4090s apparently don't have an nvlink connector. The 3090TIs are the last non professional card that did.

Lmao. People already leaving review even though the card isn’t even out.

One guy said there was a queue. Not sure if he being sarcastic lmao.

Attachments

• 17B4193A-8901-47AF-9BE8-D92E4C58CAEA.png
    17B4193A-8901-47AF-9BE8-D92E4C58CAEA.png
    449.5 KB · Views: 0
Back