What Mouse and Keyboard Are You Using Right Now?

It's pretty crazy they haven't just incorporated a master dongle that covers unifying, bolt and the G series as they have their own dongle too.

Corsair K65 Pro Mini RGB

Been waiting for a this one to go on sale and it was well worth it! After just a couple days it's become my daily driver. Buh-bye Apex Pro!!

PXL_20231218_015958826.jpg

I have 2 CODE keyboards, and love them. I originally got it because it was one of the few that came with the MX Clear switches. I later got a Zealio based model as well.

The pure white lighting is stellar, the build quality is great.

Edit: It is interesting they're all out of stock. Not sure what's up. Back when I was shopping, it was all there.

I reached out to WASD. They let me know they expect them to be back in stock in 2-3 months time.

I just heard back from WASD Keyboards. The Code V3 with the green switches is back in stock!

Does anyone have any experience with their anodized aluminum cases?

It's a pretty pricy option, but if the metal case is resilient it might be worth it...

I'd appreciate anyones opinions on it.

I just heard back from WASD Keyboards. The Code V3 with the green switches is back in stock!

Does anyone have any experience with their anodized aluminum cases?

It's a pretty pricy option, but if the metal case is resilient it might be worth it...

I'd appreciate anyones opinions on it.
Mine are both the normal plastic, but I will say - good plastic. The internals are super sturdy, and there is no cheapiness with the plastic. Mine have held up to repeated aggressive cleanings. The original must be 10 years old at this point.

That said, if I did it over again, I would be lured by the siren song of aluminum as well. Also curious if someone has first-hand experience.

Mine are both the normal plastic, but I will say - good plastic. The internals are super sturdy, and there is no cheapiness with the plastic. Mine have held up to repeated aggressive cleanings. The original must be 10 years old at this point.

That said, if I did it over again, I would be lured by the siren song of aluminum as well. Also curious if someone has first-hand experience.

Yeah, anodizing metal comes in all levels of quality. Everything from thin coats that wear off, to surprisingly resilient ones.

I guess with a metal case one could always DIY refinish it...

Yeah, anodizing metal comes in all levels of quality. Everything from thin coats that wear off, to surprisingly resilient ones.

I guess with a metal case one could always DIY refinish it...

Well, I just bit the bullet and ordered a anodized black WASD Code V3 with green switches.

It's curious that such a premium keyboard comes with ABS keycaps instead of PBT, but it's not the end of the world.

If I don't like the ABS keycaps, or if they wear out too fast on me, I can just swap in the PBT keycaps from my OG Ducky One. 4 years of heavy use later, they still look like new. (wish I could say the same for the plastic case)

I got $80 in Best Buy gift cards for Christmas so I splurged and did something I swore I'd never do.... Bought a top of the line wireless mouse. Since 99% of the pros use them I figure why not take a shot.

I picked up the $160 Logitech G Pro X Superlight 2. After a couple of days with it I love it and I can see why people buy these things. It is absolutely not worth $160 (no mouse is) but I'd happily pay $100 for it. I love the shape, the buttons feel really good, the sensor is literally surgical and the lag I was always worried about with wireless is non-existent. I swear this thing feels more responsive than my wired mice. And I'm sure it's in my head but I swear I'm playing a little better on COD.

I think I'm a wireless convert now which sucks because they're twice the price of their wired counterparts and I have a gaming mouse fetish.... I buy at least 2 a year and cycle thru them.

I haven't had, and absolutely refuse to have, wired anything on my desk since 2005 or so.... :)

Nope, notta, no way, 'Jose...

I'm the absolute opposite.

Wired for life.

Wired is always superior. Performs better, more reliable, higher quality, more secure.

It doesn't matter what it is. Keyboard, mouse, audio, network connectivity, you name it. If it is wireless it is a compromise, and I absolutely refuse to have compromises in my tech.

I don't even understand the appeal of wireless, when wires are simple and just work without complexities or compromises.

I am an engineers engineer. There is a principle they teach you in engineering school. The simplest solution is always the best solution. Mind you, they don't mean the simplest user interface or the easiest to use. They mean the least conplex solution from an engineering perspective. Fewest parts, least electronics, fewest lines of code, smallest storage, etc. And everything about wireless tech violates this.

I don't use Bluetooth at all. I minimize my use of wifi to only devices that absolutely have to be mobile. If it sits in one place, it gets a copper or fiber network cable run to it. And there isn't a single wireless mouse or keyboard in the house.

Like, I am surprisingly passionate about this and will die on this hill. Absolutely nothing could convince me to change. I am completely and universally anti anything and everything wireless to the core.

Wired for life.

Wired is always superior. Performs better, more reliable, higher quality, more secure.

It doesn't matter what it is. Keyboard, mouse, audio, network connectivity, you name it. If it is wireless it is a compromise, and I absolutely refuse to have compromises in my tech.

I don't even understand the appeal of wireless, when wires are simple and just work without complexities or compromises.

I am an engineers engineer. There is a principle they teach you in engineering school. The simplest solution is always the best solution. Mind you, they don't mean the simplest user interface or the easiest to use. They mean the least conplex solution from an engineering perspective. Fewest parts, least electronics, fewest lines of code, smallest storage, etc. And everything about wireless tech violates this.

I don't use Bluetooth at all. I minimize my use of wifi to only devices that absolutely have to be mobile. If it sits in one place, it gets a copper or fiber network cable run to it. And there isn't a single wireless mouse or keyboard in the house.

Like, I am surprisingly passionate about this and will die on this hill. Absolutely nothing could convince me to change. I am completely and universally anti anything and everything wireless to the core.

I totally agree when it comes to keyboards but as a PC gamer, I get not wanting a cable. I have been killed multiple times because my cable or the cable bungee getting hung up. And since wireless mice are all the rage, it's usually where the highest end mice are. Granted you gotta buy the top end mice to get the good performing ones tho but I've seen a few instances on videos and reviews where a wireless mouse could actually have lower latency than a wired one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still mostly in the wired camp but I am starting to realize the goodness of wireless and am really staring to eyeball the Viper V2 Pro wireless

I totally agree when it comes to keyboards but as a PC gamer, I get not wanting a cable. I have been killed multiple times because my cable or the cable bungee getting hung up. And since wireless mice are all the rage, it's usually where the highest end mice are. Granted you gotta buy the top end mice to get the good performing ones tho but I've seen a few instances on videos and reviews where a wireless mouse could actually have lower latency than a wired one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still mostly in the wired camp but I am starting to realize the goodness of wireless and am really staring to eyeball the Viper V2 Pro wireless

I think most of the complaints about wired mice can be solved by simply routing the wires well so they don't get bound up.

I've never used one of those mouse cable holder things either, and have never had an issue with things binding up.

I've had too many problems with wireless keyboards, mostly due to sketchy BT connections, to go all in on them. The NuPhy Air 75v2 I recently got is pretty solid with 2.4GHz wireless, but I stick with wired for heavy typing/gaming.

My Razer Basilisk V3 Pro wireless mouse works great, though.

I've been cycling through what seems like a million different new mice and I hated them all. Just tonight I went back to the old standby that served me well for what seemed like forever - Logitech G502. I guess you can use a mouse for so long that it becomes impossible to replace. I hope they never stop making this mouse or I'll be very sad. ;)

Wired for life.

The only time it makes sense to me is when you're well away from the machine and it's infrequent usage. I bought a wireless mouse for a media computer because it's something like 20' from my viewing position. I don't see how it serves any purpose versus routing the cords appropriately if you're using a desk/table.

Still rocking G510s keyboard and MX518 mouse.

On the hunt for a replacement for both for my new build.

Keychron K10 Pro for main computer. Razer Viper Ultimate for mouse. Second computer has a Glorious Model D and soon the ROCCAT Vulcan 121 that was on sale.

If original, I'm impressed.

If relaunch, why not keep it? I have 5 of them as spares so I don't need to go mouse shopping for years :p

I know I have an original on one of my PCs. I think this one is the legendary, but may be original also. I didn't buy up any of the $20 closeouts so will need something for the new build. If it is a reissue I may just throw something on this computer, and snag it for the new one.

I will miss my G510s screen so need to look into the USB powered desktop sensor panels.

I just received my anodized black aluminum WASD Keyboards Core V3 with MX Green Switches. (please ignore the shitty desk pad. It's been beaten up by working on too many sheet metal cases on top of it :p )

PXL_20240104_001056329.jpg

I haven't used it yet, as the metal case is COLD from being outside in the New England winter during transit. I am going to let it warm up first.

I will say this though. This keyboard is hefty, and it exudes a very high sense of quality that does not come across well in pictures. From that perspective I am definitely a fan. Like with Model M's of old, you could definitely defend your home with this thing in a pinch.

The black metal surface is matte and textured which is nice.

PXL_20240104_001538699.jpg

Stock keycaps are supposedly ABS, but they feel better than typical ABS keycaps. If I had been asked I would have guessed they were PBT. Let's see how well they wear over time. Keycaps are easy and relatively cheap to replace though, so I am not concerned.

The LED's are the variety I like, that sit on too of the switch, not underneath on the board, so they should maximize shine through the caps while minimizing underglow, just as I like it.

PXL_20240104_001843550.jpg

Only thing I don't like is that there are no raisable feet on the bottom, which might be difficult for me to get used to. I almost always use keyboarda at their medium raised setting to give me a better angle for my fingers.

PXL_20240104_002343007.jpg

I am told by people who know more about ergonomics that this is supposedly better for my hands, but I don't know. I think there is some person to person variability here. I have been typing WAY more than your average person for the last 35 years of my life, and have no carpal tunnel issues yet (knock on anodized black aluminum.) I have rather large hands, so I wonder if that is a factor, impacting the angles involved somehow.

I suppose I could always stick a couple of adhesive backed feet on the back to raise it a little bit, if I find I can't get used to it.

While I haven't done any real typing yet as it is way too cold (I don't want to risk condensation while it is powered on), just testing the keys, the sound is similar in volume and tone as on the plastic (ABS?) OG Ducky with the same switches, but sounds a little bit more "composed" on this much stiffer board.

Thus far I really like it, but I am a little worried about the lack of a raising mechanism. Time will tell if that becomes an issue.

A funny side effect of the textured surface is that my dry New England winter hands rub off what our African American friends would call "ashyness" onto the surface of the board when I touch it, which is evident in some of those pics :p At least it seems to wipe off rather easily.

As closing words I have to just reiterate that the pictures just don't do this thing justice. It just sits there and looks like some sort of fallen monolith on its side, exuding "Quality".

1704328782503.png

I don't know if it is because it is new and fresh, or if it is because I like the surface texture, or if it is because the machined metal gives you tighter toleranced straighter lines than any molded plastic ever could, or maybe a combination of the above, but it is difficult to describe.

Some might call the look basic, but I tend to call it understated, and classic, and that's how I like things:

1704350900014.png

Let's see if that holds up as it wears and gets dusty and dirty :p

That's right there is going to be what determines if this purchase was "worth it" or "an expensive mistake". Time will tell.

Last edited:
I just received my anodized black aluminum WASD Keyboards Core V3 with MX Green Switches. (please ignore the shitty desk pad. It's been beaten up by working on too many sheet metal cases on top of it :p )

View attachment 624577

I haven't used it yet, as the metal case is COLD from being outside in the New England winter during transit. I am going to let it warm up first.

I will say this though. This keyboard is hefty, and it exudes a very high sense of quality that does not come across well in pictures. From that perspective I am definitely a fan. Like with Model M's of old, you could definitely defend your home with this thing in a pinch.

The black metal surface is matte and textured which is nice.

View attachment 624579

Stock keycaps are supposedly ABS, but they feel better than typical ABS keycaps. If I had been asked I would have guessed they were PBT. Let's see how well they wear over time. Keycaps are easy and relatively cheap to replace though, so I am not concerned.

The LED's are the variety I like, that sit on too of the switch, not underneath on the board, so they should maximize shine through the caps while minimizing underglow, just as I like it.

View attachment 624583

Only thing I don't like is that there are no raisable feet on the bottom, which might be difficult for me to get used to. I almost always use keyboarda at their medium raised setting to give me a better angle for my fingers.

View attachment 624584

I am told by people who know more about ergonomics that this is supposedly better for my hands, but I don't know. I think there is some person to person variability here. I have been typing WAY more than your average person for the last 35 years of my life, and have no carpal tunnel issues yet (knock on anodized black aluminum.) I have rather large hands, so I wonder if that is a factor, impacting the angles involved somehow.

I suppose I could always stick a couple of adhesive backed feet on the back to raise it a little bit, if I find I can't get used to it.

While I haven't done any real typing yet as it is way too cold (I don't want to risk condensation while it is powered on), just testing the keys, the sound is similar in volume and tone as on the plastic (ABS?) OG Ducky with the same switches, but sounds a little bit more "composed" on this much stiffer board.

Thus far I really like it, but I am a little worried about the lack of a raising mechanism. Time will tell if that becomes an issue.

A funny side effect of the textured surface is that my dry New England winter hands rub off what our African American friends would call "ashyness" onto the surface of the board when I touch it, which is evident in some of those pics :p At least it seems to wipe off rather easily.

As closing words I have to just reiterate that the pictures just don't do this thing justice. It just sits there and looks like some sort of fallen monolith on its side, exuding "Quality".

View attachment 624589

I don't know if it is because it is new and fresh, or if it is because I like the surface texture, or if it is because the machined metal gives you tighter toleranced straighter lines than any molded plastic ever could, or maybe a combination of the above, but it is difficult to describe.

Let's see if that holds up as it wears and gets dusty and dirty :p

That's right there is going to be what determines if this purchase was "worth it" or "an expensive mistake". Time will tell.

So I have done some preliminary testing on this keyboard, and it is an absolute joy to type on. A expected it is taking me a little time to get used to the slanted back orientation without the riser feet, but I have a feeling that won't be a problem long term.

Only one problem.

I think they sent me Code V2 innards instead of Code V3.

The instruction slip that came in the box doesn't specify the model, but the dip switches line up with what they webpage say the config settings are for a V2. I tested actually setting the switches, and they do indeed behave like a V2. They do allow for flashing V3 boards back to 2.5 firmware so it behaves like the old boards, but I don't think that is the case here...

...because I opened it up and the only writing on the internal board was this:

1704342508016.png

I don't know their internal codes, but that looks an awful lot like a V2 board that was manufactured in August 2018, doesn't it? At least that is what I would guess if I saw it.

I have reached out to their customer support, and am awaiting hearing back.

I don't think they tried to cheat me or anything. I suspect someone screwed up.

If I am going to be honest I'm probably not even going to use the fancy V3 programmability and layer features. I'm happy with V2 functionality, I just want to make sure I got what I paid for potential future warranty purposes and/or if I ever decide to sell it on and those features are important to anyone else.

I'll let you guys know what happens.

Last edited:
So I have done some preliminary testing on this keyboard, and it is an absolute joy to type on. A expected it is taking me a little time to get used to the slanted back orientation without the riser feet, but I have a feeling that won't be a problem long term.

Only one problem.

I think they sent me Code V2 innards instead of Code V3.

The instruction slip that came in the box doesn't specify the model, but the dip switches line up with what they webpage say the config settings are for a V2. I tested actually setting the switches, and they do indeed behave like a V2. They do allow for flashing V3 boards back to 2.5 firmware so it behaves like the old boards, but I don't think that is the case here...

...because I opened it up and the only writing on the internal board was this:

View attachment 624645

I don't know their internal codes, but that looks an awful lot like a V2 board that was manufactured in August 2018, doesn't it? At least that is what I would guess if I saw it.

I have reached out to their customer support, and am awaiting hearing back.

I don't think they tried to cheat me or anything. I suspect someone screwed up.

If I am going to be honest I'm probably not even going to use the fancy V3 programmability and layer features. I'm happy with V2 functionality, I just want to make sure I got what I paid for potential future warranty purposes and/or if I ever decide to sell it on and those features are important to anyone else.

I'll let you guys know what happens.

I have been informed by WASD Keyboards, that all boards they ship since 2019 are V3's, and that they - unlike in the beginning - just ship them with the v2.5 firmware now as most users were confused by the programmability features, and didn't want or need them.

This might not have been an issue had I ordered the normal plastic case, as it would have come with a label on the bottom, but it was a source of confusion as my anodized version doesn't have that label, and I wasn't about to just start guessing and flashing firmware to potentially incompatible hardware.

Anyway, I am glad that was cleared up. Still odd that Scroll Lock doesn't work with the switched flipped in the position where it should, but honestly, I can't remember the last tie I intentionally used scroll lock. I like the alternate function for the key (toggle OS buttons on and off) much better. It is quite useful.

Does anyone else's WASD Code keyboard flash nonstop when the computer is turned off?

View: https://youtu.be/xGV73ayXpXk

It's not a deal breaker, but it is a little weird and mildly annoying.

OutOfPhase maybe?

I think I remember this happening with my kb on my gigabyte mb, or maybe it was the leds on the mb itself. iirc, when my phone was plugged in via usb-c, it would try to power the board leds over the 5v(sb?) bus, and would turn on and off repeatedly.

Edit: was on my asrock x570 board

Last edited:
I think I remember this happening with my kb on my gigabyte mb, or maybe it was the leds on the mb itself. iirc, when my phone was plugged in via usb-c, it would try to power the board leds over the 5v(sb?) bus, and would turn on and off repeatedly.

Edit: was on my asrock x570 board

Yeah, I've had power LED's flash like this when motherboards enter sleep states before, but this is different. The computer is completely powered off, and the keyboard is just sitting there flashing.

On the same computer my OG Ducky One did not do this.

No PC just yet. I have all the parts except for GPU and pheripherals like keyboard and mouse. Daily driver is my work laptop with a basic logitech mouse and I mainly use the keyboard for everything. Mouse use is minimal. When I build the PC I plan on getting a minimalist keyboard and mouse. Least amount of space taking ones.

well... I am back to my Filco and my Steelseries sensei ten as my attempt to get a decent ambidextrous wireless mouse has ended in failure.. I kind of HATE the Legion M600 ... at first it had a squeaky scroll wheel which was about to send it flying into a wall after annoying me to frustration...

now the scroll wheel stopped squeaking which would be "super " however the RF isn't working... I have deleted / re-added / pair and paired and paired again and this stupid piece of crap will not respond using RF .. wired and Bluetooth work fine.. but Bluetooth is a pain and wired I might as well use my Sensei which I like the feel / build of better...

oh well... win some lose some I guess... but I am rather annoyed by the legion m600 shape and size are good... build is "meh" fine~ I guess but the RF quitting after a couple months is quite lame... The hardware issue is even more annoying because unlike basically everyone, the legion driver package is not a giant bloated game launcher / store piece of ****... very similar in look and function to the old steelseries engine rather than the abomination which is GG.... If anyone from Steelseries reads this GG SUCKS stop it... make a driver package and STFU.... thank you for your cooperation.. also make a updated wireless sensei mouse with said driver only package... k? Why does it seems like keyboards are getting better and better and mice just become more and more a$$????

1704596629765.jpeg

Luckily, it turns out this was fairly easy to get used to, and if it is better for my hands, I guess that is a positive thing.

I'm not bothered either way but I typically have KBs flat. I had my main KB tented for a bit and that was fine but I moved it to a tray and there's no room to have it tented. Did you get the flashing LED issue sorted with your KB?

Bit of a blast from the past.. starting some work that seems like having a numpad would be good for... So out from it box is the WASD V1 mx-browns ... been a long time since I have used this board... it is actually still pretty good... if you don't care about backlights and function layers or whatever it is what it is... a big ol' fullsize keyboard. This was the very first mechanical keyboard I ever owned... I was very excited about receiving it as a gift in 2011.
1704752390506.jpeg
1704752495214.jpeg

I'm not bothered either way but I typically have KBs flat. I had my main KB tented for a bit and that was fine but I moved it to a tray and there's no room to have it tented. Did you get the flashing LED issue sorted with your KB?

Nah. It only flashes when the computer is off. I think it is because of my weirdo setup that relies on a powered USB hub.

I can understand that my setup might result in the keyboard always staying lit, but flashing is kind of weird.

I might just set it up with one of those power strips that triggers a switch when one outlet powers on. I could hook it up to a monitor.

Picked up one of these recently - www.dygma.com Defy - after owning their original Raise split ergo keyboard which was fantastic.

View: https://imgur.com/a/vkA2EDx

This will be my first ortholinear/columnar split keyboard so it will be an adjustment, but hopefully worthwhile. My particular Defy is "full spec" which means all of the basic features are included (and there are a lot of "basic" ones like hotswap sockets; my previous Raise was Kailh Speed Silver, so this time I tried Gateron G Pro Yellow 2.0 which are apparently well regarded for linears. ) plus Wireless (both bluetooth and 2.4ghz dongle), Tenting up to 60degrees, and multi-zone Underglow (standard RGBW per key is default, the underglow is separate and more useful than you'd think both for layers and for stuff like having it monitor your system).

I backed it during the crowdfunding and ended up saving quite a bit vs the launch price. One thing that impresses me is both the desire to use open source firmware/software, and having watched them as a new company grow through fulfilling several major projects, they've always been forthcoming with exactly what's going on - even when stuff went wrong. They seem to be far more trustworthy than most and the open ethos is worth it too. I have been considering getting a columnar layout for awhile and looked into several others including various ErgoDox layouts/kits, the Moonlander, Kenesis Advantage360, Keyboardio Model100, and afew others and overall the Dygma looke like a better option. I'll have to see how it goes getting used to the layout but if anyone has questions just let me know/

Back