What is "Wall Mountable" ?????????????????????????????

Deadjasper

2[H]4U
I'm looking for a monitor with a VESA mount. The kind that bolts to a monitor arm. Viewsonic seems to be the only brand that advertises that their monitor have a VESA mount. But I'm wondering about all the "Wall Mountable" monitors that are out there. Can these be used with a standard monitor arm?

TIA

Digging a little deeper I found I can search Amazon for monitors with VESA mount monitors but none of them say so. I did find a spec sheet for a LG monitor that says -

Wall Mountable 100mm x 100mm

So maybe "Wall Mountable" is VESA. But why don't they just say so?

For computer monitor you can assume that any wall mountable mention would refer to a vesa system and not some big alternative tv rail.

I imagine a lot of potential customer get what wall mountable mean and not the VESA name for the mounting system ?

Last edited:
Because it doesn't need to be said; VESA mounting has been the standard in the consumer space for a long time, and nobody's changed things up, so it's become synonymous with "wall mount". The most common sizes on sub-40" displays are 75x75mm and 100x100mm. You can also buy adapter plates to support whatever size you need, e.g. if your mounting arm only has a 75x75mm end, but your monitor is 100x100, you can attach an adapter plate to make it fit.

Thanks guys. Now to find one without a ton of sucky reviews or hundreds of complaints about shitty customer service.

Any recommendations welcome. :)

So maybe "Wall Mountable" is VESA. But why don't they just say so?
Because no one but geeks knows what "VESA" is. Have not seen a monitor in a long time that was not VESA compliant.

Three years in on my LG OLED and could not be happier.

Because no one but geeks knows what "VESA" is. Have not seen a monitor in a long time that was not VESA compliant.

Non vesa mountable monitors are extremely rare. Usually it's because they're extremely cheap or have some weird special stand.

I'm looking for a monitor with a VESA mount. The kind that bolts to a monitor arm. Viewsonic seems to be the only brand that advertises that their monitor have a VESA mount. But I'm wondering about all the "Wall Mountable" monitors that are out there. Can these be used with a standard monitor arm?

TIA
Pretty much every monitor out there is VESA-compatible. Those that aren't are the exception, not the rule.

I picked up this HP IPS monitor back in the day since it was pretty inexpensive at the time for it's specs, IPS, DP, DVI, and I think HDMI, had no analog input.
Only thing missing was a VESA mount. Had a lit up HP logo where a VESA mount would go.
IMG_0102.JPG

Back