What is the worst chair you ever purchased?

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
Mine is the Office Max Serta I comfort I5000 didn't know how much damage the posture sync was doing to me until I got rid of it.

Some chair from office depot, can't remember the brand but the manufacturer is zhejiang botai furnature co, china.

Was okay at first, but the ergonomics are terrible, and the fabric and cushions deteriorated quickly. Still have it, but don't use it much.

Some generic "gaming" chair my wife bought me as a gift, bless her. The thing started falling apart within two months. I bought a Steelcase Please Operator's chair after and have had it four 4+ years now, singularly the best office/gaming chair I've ever owned.

Everything from big box stores. All of them were shit after 6 months.

My main issue is they didn't break but the seat foam didn't last, so you sat on plywood after a few months. It got to the point I just bought a pillow and sat on that for a while.

This but i replaced mine with a Secret Labs chair and never looked back.

This but i replaced mine with a Secret Labs chair and never looked back.
They might be my next chair, the seem very similar to the DXRacers I have and have cloth options.

I only purchased DXRacer since 2015, had the same chair till 2021 and got the wife one. Only replaced it due to it starting to peel where my head would touch and some of the edges, it was still comfy and solid chair, maybe in 2026/27 ill replace it lol.

Assuming it last that long. I work from home since 2020. I'm easily putting 12+ hours a day in this chair.

They might be my next chair, the seem very similar to the DXRacers I have and have cloth options.

I only purchased DXRacer since 2015, had the same chair till 2021 and got the wife one. Only replaced it due to it starting to peel where my head would touch and some of the edges, it was still comfy and solid chair, maybe in 2026/27 ill replace it lol.
Assuming it last that long. I work from home since 2020. I'm easily putting 12+ hours a day in this chair.
You will not be disappointed . I have the synthetic leather and its better than real .

I don't know why but I used a Steelcase Gesture for 2 weeks and it gave me awful back pain that lasted a month or 2. I thought I needed some time to get used to it but after 2 weeks I couldn't take it anymore. Maybe I hadn't set the adjustments right but that should not have hurt my back the way it did.

Got some cheapo chair from Amazon for Christmas a year ago. The arms are loose and creaky, the seat cushion has given up - I'll give the chair kudos for lasting this long.

I'm really hoping my work will auction off some of their fancy Herman Miller (iirc) chairs.

RESPAWN Spire Chair​

Worst chair I have ever purchased. Ended up returning it to Amazon.

RESPAWN Spire Chair​

Worst chair I have ever purchased. Ended up returning it to Amazon.
Untitled.jpg

Is this the same chair? What was the bad part? I'm debating on weather to curb my gaming chair it's ok for gaming but not for sitting.I have a Killa Bee that is about 3 years old that holds my clothes.

Last edited:
View attachment 620021

Is this the same chair? What was the bad part? I'm debating on weather to curb my gaming chair it's ok for gaming but not for sitting.
I have a Killa Bee that is about 3 years old that holds my clothes.
That's the one. The chair is not comfortable at all. The build quality is lacking. My main issue was how uncomfortable the seat was, and that the mesh on the back of the chair pulls out of the channel constantly. The headrest was a waste as well.

I've only bought 2 chairs in my life and neither was "bad". the first one was from Office Max I think it was a decent chair but the pleather/covering started to peel and flake off after 5 or so years.
The other chair is a Herman Miller Aeron that I am using now that I got used 7 or 8 years ago.

I put a t-shirt over the seatback to keep the flakes off of me, lol
desk-9-09.jpg

My dad bought me this chair to replace the flaking one,
desk black.jpg

Last edited:
Steelcase Amia--didn't care for it at home so took it to work--don't care for it there either.
Got a Secretlabs Titan Evo--more better.

I am still using chairs in my office from noble and AKRacer, both are holding up extremely well, I think both are 5+ years old now.

I just got an ALFORDSON Gaming Chair from Amazon a friend recommended it... it's a good size and looks to be good quality My Mrs got it for me for Christmas so not allowed to use it yet lol... we will see!
I got one without the lights or gadgets on black Friday.

Herman Miller Embody.

Ergonomic it ain't - it's probably the chair that most encourages slouching for me. Tha's a key issue, but build quality is also very poor especially if you've had things fall off, latches break etc and have had to get it rebuilt/repaired - it's easy to see how certain components of the chair doesn't promote consistent build or rebuildability, and this contributes to all my Embody's creaking like an old ship in a storm whenever I shift my weight around (and no, I'm not a Discord mod).

Warranty's fine and based on the above you could argue you *need* it, I've never had a dispute for anything that did actually fall off / break - but I've had e.g. HAGs that's never needed warrantying despite (far) more intensive use.

After spending some time with them and not being the type to be an apologist about my purchases, about the only thing good about the Embody is what grabbed me on the first sit - the looks. Everything else about it is pretty mcuh garbage tier.

3 years in and it looks like i unboxed it yesterday. (Faux leather edition) I spend on average, 10 hours day in it. You will not be disappointed at its wearability. I want the Magnus Pro XL desk to go with . That will have to wait until my wallet recovers from Christmas.

Chair.png

Well my wallet recovered

Last edited:
~ $130 chair from amazon

The biggest POS I've ever had. The Cylinder on it died in 5/6 months... It would not hold hold my weight anymore..

Spent ~300 on one from Office depot, it's held up alot longer.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Steelecase LEAP. The most uncomfortable chair I have ever owned. Thank goodness I got it for free when my ex-wife company moved to a new HQ. They paid $1200 for for each of them. I grabbed three and gave away 2. Should've given them all away.

Steelecase LEAP. The most uncomfortable chair I have ever owned. Thank goodness I got it for free when my ex-wife company moved to a new HQ. They paid $1200 for for each of them. I grabbed three and gave away 2. Should've given them all away.
That's funny considering the best chair I've ever used is the Steelcase Please 2. I'll likely be buried with this thing it's so nice.

Aeron Herman Miller
I bought my aeron in 2013 and except for breaking one of the mounts via leaning over too far to pet recalcitrant cats (they came to fix it the next day) I have loved it. I have 4 of them now. Aeron size c ftw though my wife hates them.

Back