What has alwas bugged me about the big [H]...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 29382 screens of forums to scroll thru un the main page... how about making subcategories, like...

-Hardware
--General Hardware
--Strictly Intel/AMD
--Vid cards
--(you know, stuff like that.)
-Software
--You know what I mean
-Mobile Computing
--WLAN/bluetooth/etc
---Wardriving (perhaps)
--Laptops/PDAs/smartphones
-Non-Standard Computing
--Case Modding
--OC&Cooling
--HTPC
--The [H]orde

e
t
c

Make collapsible lists, so everyone can hide the section they don't visit, and *poof*: everything looks neater.

I know, it might be a lot to ask at this point, but maybe later?

kthxbye,
Grabbi

See the little
collapse_tcat.gif
buttons on the main site? Collapse the areas you don't want to see and presto-magico, it stays that way!

Yes but the hardware section is more than a screen. They need to be broken down more than just HARDWARE and SOFTWARE. Maybe like Hardware Parts, for like the individual pieces that make up a system, but then a seperate Computing section for like HTPC, Mobile Computing, SMP Computing and whatnot.

too many forums makes the traffic slow down.

I mean do you really need a sub-sub category for every little nook and cranny of a pc part?

I've seen so many forums do good with nice simple forums and then keep getting specific and more specific and things slow down a lot and it just seems like a headache to go through this and that to find this and that, etc.

Short and simple are the way i like it.

Koz said:
Yes but the hardware section is more than a screen. They need to be broken down more than just HARDWARE and SOFTWARE. Maybe like Hardware Parts, for like the individual pieces that make up a system, but then a seperate Computing section for like HTPC, Mobile Computing, SMP Computing and whatnot.

I am on a 14.1" display and its not more than a screen. Change your resolution. :D

The forum setups are fine as they are. People like to complain too much.

Koz said:

I AGREE, would be nice and simple.....not even that hard to do

They are currently going to stay the way they are. I am sorry if you have to scroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back