What gadget/s can't you currently leave your home without and why ?

BDuncan

n00b
What specific gadget/s (as in the brand and model) can't you currently (seriously or humorously) leave your home without and please say WHY, for anything named. It's fine if anything mentioned is primarily cell phone - mobile phone related, but it doesn't have to be.

iphone. definitely attached to my side.

jvc ha-fx66 earbuds

sometimes 4th gen ipod for just tunes.

bluetoof headset

I'm not overly tied to any of my gadgets, but I always bring my cell phone with me when I go out, and depending on what I'm going to be doing I might take my mp3 player as well. I also keep a USB drive in my wallet, if you consider that a gadget.

Pretty much always have my blackberry curve on my side. Have my work exchange email tied into it and it is my primary phone. Also have a work issued blackberry pearl. Have my school email tied into that. Picked that up even though I have my personal blackberry on a better network(sprint where my work is ntelos) the pearl was small and is a great phone.

Other then that my leatherman wave is always on my side. I use it a few times a day.

Out of everything I carry on me though my watch is the one thing I can't live without. I've been wearing a citizen's eco-drive for years now. Watch is solar powered and doesn't use a battery which is nice. I am always checking my watch for time. It is not often when I don't have a watch on(only times are when a battery would die or I'd break one) but I'm not myself when I'm without one.

Since 1996, I can't leave the house without my phone whatever model it may be at the time.
Now it is my work's Blackberry 8830.

I don't like headsets all the much but recently bought one just to keep in the car, since the law is changing here and the police would charge if they see someone using a phone without a headset while driving.

My BlackBerry Curve 8320 is my only phone since I dumped the land line 2 years ago, so it goes wherever I do 24/7. Same with my Bluetooth headset (Jawbone 2 or Plantronics 925). That's about it for my gadget gear. I'll be jumping to a Bold or Javelin when my contract expires.

Ipod Nano - supplies music while in my car.
Sanyo Katana DLX - I use this to talk to people.

When I'm in my car -- Garmin Nuvi 350. I get lost easily. I'd really like to upgrade to a 760...

Watch. I feel nekkid without one.

I usually carry my cell with me, but that's only because I am under orders to do so (i'm military and might be recalled to duty on non-duty days or before/after duty hours). But i'll only be recalled if sh!t hits the proverbial fan.

4gb corsair flash voyager mini, its hooked onto my keys (never know when you might need it), the cell phone of course, and I usually have my Ipod with me. The Tablet is with me about half the time.

iPhone and my laptop.

I jailbreak the iPhone so I can get internet on my laptop. :)

Why? Most places I go, I need internet access but they don't have that or they want you to pay for it. Like last week I was in a $380 a night suite and they wanted you to pay $14 a day for internet. I laughed, you pay $380 and still have to pay for internet? pssh.

iPhone and my laptop.

I jailbreak the iPhone so I can get internet on my laptop. :)

Why? Most places I go, I need internet access but they don't have that or they want you to pay for it. Like last week I was in a $380 a night suite and they wanted you to pay $14 a day for internet. I laughed, you pay $380 and still have to pay for internet? pssh.

i agree wtf is with that? You spend all that money on a suite and you dont get free wifi or anything?! That pisses me off especially because holiday inn, budget 8 and those hotels do have FREE wifi....

Blackberry Curve (work pages / email, phonebook, connection to the rest of the world)
Dell D630 (work laptop) or Macbook (personal laptop)
Bulova watch (not a gadget, just a nice timepiece)
Glock 19

Verizon XV6900(Touch) - If I forget this, I'll hop on the bus to go back and retrieve it.
iPod Nano - Can't tune out the crazies on the bus without it.
Deathray - can't convince contractors to do my bidding without it.

Treo 800w - Always have with me
iPod Photo 60gb - Almost always have with me

Motorola Q - Phone, calendar, email, and has some music on it if I don't have my iPod nano - It's pretty out of date but I haven't found another phone worth replacing it with (thin with a physical keyboard)
My watch - I wear a large watch so walking around without it on feels weird

I don't need to bring gadgets with me when I go places, I don't even have my wallet on me most of the time.
I will bring my laptop sometimes if I am going into town to my friends house or grandmas if I want to download stuff as my home connection is a wireless isp with 110Kb/s burst and 55Kb/s sustained speed. www.gbtel.ca

Going to work : G1 (previously htc wizard)

Leaving home not work : G1, Ipod touch (1st gen)

Game Con, long trip, sister in Reno Etc : G1, Ipod, Hp Tablet 2500 (I like it) with Lazer Keyboard.

Blackberry Curve (work pages / email, phonebook, connection to the rest of the world)
Dell D630 (work laptop) or Macbook (personal laptop)
Bulova watch (not a gadget, just a nice timepiece)
Glock 19
you forgot to tell us why you carry the glock

T-mobile Wing (personal cell)
Sprint i880 (work cell)
USB Flash Drive

Palm Tungsten E2. It fits in my pocket, plays multimedia files and allows me to make notes, lists, spreadsheets etc and do a bit of creative writing in a nice little word processor. Plus it's smaller and easier to carry than my laptop and is acceptably capable; I'm considering trying Linux on it.

cellphone
pda
laptop
gps
calculator
iclicker
ipod

I'm going to guess it's just because he can. God bless America!

Pretty much, and there seems to be a rise in the number of unsavory characters in these uncertain times.

I have never had to remove it from the holster while I am out, and I pray that I never have to, but I figure its better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun to defend myself or family and not have one.

Blackberry Curve (Work phone, email, and pager) I am allowed to use the company phone for personal calls as well, so no need to pay for a phone if work gives you one :)

IPod 80GB Classic: I listen to Podcasts on this. No music at all on it, just 7 gigs of Podcasts

Garmin Nuvi 350 (With traffic add-on): Take this because being a field technician, I never know where my next call will be at, and when I want the most effective route home to avoid traffic

Zoom H4: Mobile audio recorder. This is what I do my podcast on, awesome little device with stereo condenser microphone.

32GB Patriot Flashdrive: Loaded with Windows PE and a million security apps to fix computers I might encounter in the field, or friends and families PC's.

Cell Phone (Samsung Eternity)
2GB Flash Drive
LED Mag Light (flashlight)
Frisbee
Extra shoes & clothes (for unexpected parkour/freerunning/working out/working on cars/ect ;) )

Call Phone - LG VX8700... I don't really care for it but it allows me to text and call people.
Canon SD 870 IS (something like that) - can't use it if I don't carry it
Lenovo x61tc - It has all my notes and such for school on it. Plus it alows me to be more/less productive in class :D

Motorola Razr V3M - work has a stranglehold on my life
8gb Corsiar Flash Drive - same
30gb Zune - because you can never be too far from an episode of star trek. :)

Just my cell phone and my Ax*

*Dell Axim ppc
8GB storage, of which about 5GB is music right now.
the single best ppc/pda ever made... only now starting to be matched by new gadgets, although I've had my AX for over 3 years now.

Back