Video Comparing Far Cry on PC and X360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skrying said:
Sure, but then again how old is Farcry on PC? Yeah......
I know. They haven't added anything to the PC version and I'm sure a good system will be able to run Far Cry like it does on the 360. The point of the video was to show that they put some effort into the 360 version and they're not getting a crappy direct port. They're getting a pretty huge graphical improvement and as you can see if runs very well (total opposite of the Quake 4 port)

I'll be honest when I say I'm impressed. I honestly expected it to be another crappy port but that video clearly shows the upgrades in Instincts over the original Far Cry and it looks a hell of a lot better.

Very impressive.

to me, it even looks better than the hi-res 64bit HDR patched FarCry.

The water looks incredible. But thats all. Hopefully its not just the water thats been improved. Hopefully we'll see some footage in the jungle soon. If the improvement over the pc version is as much as the improvement with the water then i'll get excited.

That looks really nice. I don't remember the next FarCry for PC looking like that. We need updates on that game! :D

Can't watch .mov files.

And before you say to DL DivX I already have it and I still can't watch them.

Anyone notice the look of the P90? But yeah, that water is absolutely sweet. I'll be buying this game, anyone have an ETA on it's release?

I don't like the waves in either version. First, the water is way too clear in both of them. The second one has waves, but they're just too smooth, and they appear in rivers too.

Really, it should be more like this:

IL2MG50-2.jpg

Not bad for a five year old game engine, eh?

Not that clear. It'd havwe to be in some sort of cove. If there were decent waves or chop it'd get cloudy.

Wow, that does look good. I really wish it'd come out for PC the whole FarCry: Instincts game.

Pacific Fighters is not 5 years old ;). If it was it wouldn´t have support for shader model 3...

That does look like Pacific Fighters. IL 2 I don´t remember seeing water like that :).

But Crytek has been very generous to be sure. the 64-bit patch and HDR and all the others was very welcome. Instinct not being a carbon copy of the PC version.

Now Far Cry was developed during the 9700 era so you have to expect that just like todays 7800/x1800+ cards shit all over the 9700 so has the Xbox 360 potential to do so ;).

However one problem I find with bigger screens is it demands such high res otherwise it will be like going back to 800x600 gaming... the gaming experience I find is better when using my fresnel lens for example so it´s still preferrable I find.

I get about 30" with the fresnel lens on my 21". I do get a bit blur of course so a real 30" would be better in that regard but would not give the perception of depth. Plus it wouldn´t feel as comfortable sitting close to a real 30" monitor since with the fresnel the eyes focus a bit in to the screen anyway...

Luckily my 21" is good for 2048x1532 then it´s really quite okay.

But I am really looking forward to this video. Maybe Crytek has put use of the work on their crysis game in it that looks killer :D

Look closely. They updated more than just the water. Look at the screen in the boat. The gunwale of the boat has way more detail in the 360 version.

It´s mostly about the water. Also why do they run only 1024x768 with 2x aa on the PC? I would assume 1900x1200 or something is what they use for the Xbox360 screenie...

Now I don´t think there should be so much waves. I mean it´s a paradise Island it´s not supposed to blow hard winds there and all. The environment should be calm and inviting...

Boat rides in Instinct must be very jumpy ;)

flapbreaker said:
Look closely. They updated more than just the water. Look at the screen in the boat. The gunwale of the boat has way more detail in the 360 version.

I don't want this to be a flame, but make the game on the PC, and could do the exact same with water, texture detail, we could already prove this with FEAR on the PC and SM3.0/HDR, like the bullet ripples and such.

Your comparing a older game that was built to run and look its best on hardware that isn't high-end or really midrange anymore. So yes, either bring insincts to the PC with the same texures or even better and with an SMP cpu(s), and high-end vid card could tear it a new one!

Now, if the 360 can play the new game to come out from crytek (crysis) and can still play with the same textures and detail that will be on the PC, then i'll be impressed.

You cant deny how fantastic that water looks on the XBOX360. Of course its possible to have that on the PC (and probably will), but who cares, that water looks great.

RogueTrip said:
I don't want this to be a flame, but make the game on the PC, and could do the exact same with water, texture detail, we could already prove this with FEAR on the PC and SM3.0/HDR, like the bullet ripples and such.

Your comparing a older game that was built to run and look its best on hardware that isn't high-end or really midrange anymore. So yes, either bring insincts to the PC with the same texures or even better and with an SMP cpu(s), and high-end vid card could tear it a new one!

Now, if the 360 can play the new game to come out from crytek (crysis) and can still play with the same textures and detail that will be on the PC, then i'll be impressed.

I didn't know this was a pissing match between the 360 and the PC. I thought it was more of a "look at what Farcry on the 360 looks like". Seriously why does everything have to turn into consoles vs. PC ? Nobody is saying OMGZORZ PC GAMING IS DEAD, they are just saying that Farcry looks nice on the 360.

Exactly. It does look good on the 360 I still hopes it comes out on the PC too cause Instincts does look good.

Thanks for the file Killdozer. Haven't watched it yet...but damn I'm getting 350kps on this. Thanks.

Edit - just watched it. Love the beach. That knife looks pretty cool too. I may just have to buy a 360 soon.

Yeah, 360 version deff blows the PC version away. And it wasn't until the X800/6800 line that you could max that game out and get decent frames. Not to mention its still the best looking/most impressive game out there.

So wait, I'm slow, please fill me in. It is a different game, or the same one with updated graphics?

RogueTrip said:

FEAR couldn't even be FEAR with environments are large as those in Far Cry. The game is based around tiny, enclosed buildings...all one has to do is look out the windows to see what they sacrificed in order to get that level of detail in the places where the gamer is playing.

RogueTrip said:

ZOMG YUOR $600 GPyou cld POWN THE X 3sixT!!!!

Go back to playing Doom 3, troll.

ZX6Master said:
FEAR couldn't even be FEAR with environments are large as those in Far Cry. The game is based around tiny, enclosed buildings...all one has to do is look out the windows to see what they sacrificed in order to get that level of detail in the places where the gamer is playing.

ZOMG YUOR $600 GPyou cld POWN THE X 3sixT!!!!

Go back to playing Doom 3, troll.

First and foremost, LOL.

Secondly, to the user he was replying too, even your $600 vid card won't "tear" the 360 a new one I'm afraid. In fact, I have yet to see a PC put out something that looks as good as FN3.

You can return to Doom 3 now....

This thread has just lost all credibility due to the "Teh 360 is 13373z7 conzolez in da werld!!11!!1!1!!" propaganda.

Yes, the Instincts video does look good. It does not necessarily mean that the 360's video card is the most incredible thing since sliced bread with teh power to donkey punch all computers.

I'm surpised this thread lasted as long as it did before it turned into a Console is greater than PC debate.

/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back