Unwanted Email notifications

emorphien

2[H]4U
I've turned off Email notifications for my subscribed threads, but I'm still receiving emails notifying me when someone posts a reply.

I have deleted ALL of your subscriptions, sorry, I could not be choosy as the option is not afforded to me. :( See if this fixes your problem as we changed a few other things this morning as well.

Well I'm getting them still after your message.. They're kind of irritating next to all the spam crap that comes in my inbox.....

So far it seems to be working. Thanks Kyle, although that's a weird fix for a weird problem.

I noticed in the Vid card forum (and probably elsewhere) that you're asking people to update emails because of the notifications. While emails do need to be correct for admin reasons, etc... perhaps subscribed thread notifications should by default be off for all users.

One thing I noticed... in vBull2 there was only one subscribe option (to receive emails) and it didn't work here. But if you subscribed anyway, they showed up on your subscribed threads list. Fine.

So in vBull3 you have the option to subscribe without email notification. Fine, that's what I want anyway. However, I found that all the old threads I subscribed to under vB2 now have "instant" email notification. Egads, that's a lot of emails!

I don't see a way to globally select all subscriptions (just one page worth at a time) but at the bottom under selected threads where "move to folder" is the default, you can use the dropdown menu to select "update subscription type -> no email notification".

Might be easier to just turn it off and start over from scratch if you have tons of old threads subscribed.

John and I are looking into what it would take to clear the subscribethread table in the database. This may be one of those things that needs to be house cleaned on.

I too have turned off notification but am still getting emails...

will clicking on the unsubscribe from all in the emails that are sent be equivalent to what you did for emorphien? if so I can do that myself and save you the trouble, as I'm sure you have plenty of other kinks to work out :)

No I had to delete his entries in the subscribethread table in the control panel. Like I just did for you. We are still looking into this.

I think we are having a problem beyond the reach of their editors if I understand correctly.

Ch1m3r4 said:
I too have turned off notification but am still getting emails...

will clicking on the unsubscribe from all in the emails that are sent be equivalent to what you did for emorphien? if so I can do that myself and save you the trouble, as I'm sure you have plenty of other kinks to work out :)

No, I tried to disable emails and it made no difference. Somehow clearing out my subscribed threads fixed it. My current subscriptions are not sending me gobs of emails.

Im having the same problem. I put that I wanted to subscribe but without email notification and I still get tons of emails. I guess Ill have to go ahead and clear out mine too.

Same here, just sitting here and BAM "new email, [H]ardforum mailer"

lol, tons of em coming up, i took off the email notification aswell.

UrbanFuturistic said:
Im having the same problem. I put that I wanted to subscribe but without email notification and I still get tons of emails. I guess Ill have to go ahead and clear out mine too.

Ah, shit. I had gotten it figured out late last night on how to make it go away without having Kyle delete my subscribed threads but didnt get a chance to post before Kyle deleted them! :eek:

Oh well, I can always subscribe to more, right? At least next time Ill know how to fix it. Thanks anyhow Kyle.

i'm still getting them, even after flushing all the subscriptions and re-subscribing with the "no e-mail notification" option :confused:

Back