Threads not staying read in CP

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeuroMaster

Limp Gawd
Using Mozilla Firefox 0.8, cookies turned on.

When I click on my user CP to check my subscribed threads, they always show the
thread_dot_new.gif
image (not the
thread_dot.gif
image), even if there have been no new posts. Thread title is bold and there's the little
firstnew.gif
image to the left of the title, all showing that there's new and exciting stuff for me to read.

Which there might be. But since all of them show new content all the time, it's kinda hard to tell which.

If I browse to each of the threads and then come back to the CP, they lose the boldface, get the right icons etc. I can also browse away from the [H] and come back, and they're still working properly. But if I close out of Firefox altogether and then come back, everything's broken again (new messages in every topic)

This is a pretty irritating problem for me, since it makes keeping track of different threads a major PITA. I just hope it's an easy fix and you guys can sort it out quickly. Even with this bug, it's still good to have the forums back. I nearly tried to register on genmay out of withdrawal.

Clear your cookies and try again - let me know if the problem persists.

Tanis143 said:
Now thats service! Problem fixed in under 30 minutes.

Heh, it's working for you then?

It worked fine for me from the start, so I'm working blindly on this one.

Actually no, its not... thought it was. However Im on a craptastic work station at work, so I cant tell you til I get home and try it on a real computer. Will let you know later tonite. I was just impressed with you guys jumping on the ball so quickly :)

Uh oh... new, strange behavior. (Before and after I cleared my cookies, btw)

When I logged in to check up on this, I was pleased to see that the only threads that showed up were ones with new posts in them.

Then I decided to test it out a little bit more, and found that after reading the new comments, closing Firefox, and then heading back to it, they exhibited the same behavior as last time. Still looks like I haven't read them, even after I have.

Even worse, whatever you did sucked all of the threads that HADN'T had any responses into vbulletin hyperspace. Clicking on "New Subscribed Threads", "View all Subscribed Threads", "List to Subscriptions" all gives me a permission denied error, as does the forum jump dropdown menu to subscriptions. This looks like another subscription problem in another thread around here somewhere.

Thanks for working on it though.

Fixed. Start another thread if there are still issues. Trying to clean up a bit around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back