The Verge: Westworld showrunners are creating a Fallout show for Amazon

I didn't mind playing through Fallout 4 recently, but on the other hand, I AM moving to Boston this year, so I just did it for cultural reasons. Temporary move at least.
My darkest, saddest prediction is that Bethesda is dead. I saw recently that even Magic The Gathering is doing some Fallout card set. Pfft. I play Yugioh, so whatever lol.
Sounds like sell-out fever from Bethesda. Anything for a dollar. But true inspiration and genius never corresponds to mere money or marketing.

Takes someone like YOU to invent the next glorious idea.

The only Fallout game I played was Fallout Tactics, which I've been told is the black sheep of the Fallout family but I actually like that type of game and had a lot of fun with it. That said show looks cool to me, so I won't have nerdifying glasses on to pick apart every bit of the show, I just hope it's good.

The only Fallout game I played was Fallout Tactics, which I've been told is the black sheep of the Fallout family but I actually like that type of game and had a lot of fun with it. That said show looks cool to me, so I won't have nerdifying glasses on to pick apart every bit of the show, I just hope it's good.
It was just wildly different than the others, which were story heavy RPGs. If you mentally erase the world Fallout and pretend it is Jagged Alliance meets XCOM, it's a perfectly fine game.

I've been pretty excited for this series.
When I was playing through FO4, there was a scene or some voice acting or something where I got called a "sex pervert". My wife heard that, and she's been calling me it ever since.

my point was anytime someone posts something that belongs in Genmay he will almost always promote to sign up for the subscription
FTFY

I see nothing wrong with promoting order and keeping the lights on for the forum. Why is it so triggering to some of you?

and neither do i, or youd have even more to be upset by.
amd and nvidia sections arent in genmay, the movie(entertainment) section is, this is a movie. if its news about amd or nvidia, it would fit. if is news about a gpu, it should go in the gpu section. but as we both said before, technically anything can be news, but that doesnt mean it should all go there. kyle built the forum with sub-sections for a reason.

You are not a Moderator, just stop and learn to just enjoy the forum.

It's not on Netflix so it maybe lacking of the woke nature. Invisible and Hazbin Hotel were pretty good, so there's hope here for a Fallout show.
but its on amazon.

people didnt like their LOTR & Wheel Of Time
(didn't try those, but was actually curious)
so maybe this won't be good as well.

The 3 minute preview I watched was pretty meh. But I do hope it's great!

but its on amazon.

My wife loved Wheel of Time, and I didn't mind Rings of Power, granted I'm not a LOTR lorenerd so I wasn't seeing inaccuracies, and I'll admit it was like Disney+ TVshows compared to Marvel movies (the good ones) but if people were expecting Peter Jackson quality then they probably were fooling themselves.

but its on amazon.

It was a little woke but I'm hoping they didn't hire someone like Sweat Baby Inc. That's how you know it'll be a failure.

but its on amazon.

The Rings of Power was utter shit. If they didn't break the lore they completely ignored it instead. Beyond that for something with such a huge production budget everything looked like cheap shit and the acting wasn't any good. No matter how you look at it it was bad.

Despite the fact it's been years since I read the Wheel of Time, I couldn't even finish the first episode. Besides changing a ton of stuff from the books it simply wasn't interesting.

I enjoyed Rings of Power, even if it was always going to have a tough time competing with Peter Jackson's movies. I'm much more annoyed by Wheel of Time. The casting and general storytelling was fine, but they messed too much with the plot. I just spent my time noting how they'd changed X or Y... and by the end of the first season, making me wonder how they'd tie things together.

Fallout is promising in part because things aren't nearly as etched in stone. There's more room for originality... and of course, to have fun.

I didn't mind playing through Fallout 4 recently, but on the other hand, I AM moving to Boston this year, so I just did it for cultural reasons. Temporary move at least.
My darkest, saddest prediction is that Bethesda is dead. I saw recently that even Magic The Gathering is doing some Fallout card set. Pfft. I play Yugioh, so whatever lol.
Sounds like sell-out fever from Bethesda. Anything for a dollar. But true inspiration and genius never corresponds to mere money or marketing.

Takes someone like YOU to invent the next glorious idea.
Functionally they just never evolved any of their game design from Oblivion in 2006. Sure some mechanics got added around gun play or there were some QOL updates to looting, etc. Worlds got bigger, graphics got better, but the depth of the worlds within their games got shallower and shallower where the idea of a sandbox in a living breathing world honestly feels less and less realized.

Skyrim really selling as well as it did probably gave them the excuse to rest on their laurels and falsely told them they didn't need to improve. Yet let's be real, it was modders who actually took the time to polish, patch, and extend the longevity and relevancy of the game for as long as it lasted. Bethesda themselves couldn't be bothered with fixing any of the bugs in even their most recent re-releases of the game.

Its sad. There was a time when Bethesda was revolutionizing many aspects of RPG/sandbox style games, but at this point nothing new has really happened for them for 2 decades now as they've released and re-released functionally the same game design and gameplay pattern for every game while reducing complexity, systems, depth of world, etc. culminating in the snooze fest that is Starfield. I wanted to like this game and hope Bethesda was back on the right track. But sadly it just reinforced the fact that they are on the wrong track. I fear The Elder Scrolls VI will be the worst game from them yet if they don't do something drastic to change.

Back