The Lian Li Gallery

2008_09_29_Logan_0035-Edit.jpg

Wow, JDM. Great photos.

Any tips for a guy who wants to setup his own photo-shoot? I don't have lights inside the case, so I'm finding it a challenge to photo a black Lian-Li with a black motherboard.

Yeah, that's why i'm waiting for BZ-502... Too bad it's nowhere available. Right now i use Kama Bay, but it is not ideal either. Why ? Well, the design doesn't fit the front too much, but that's the smaller issue. The bigger problem is that there is a 1-2mm gap on both left and right side, which looks fugly. :(

the ex33 and ex34 fit, and can be disassembled if you dont want/need the hdd racks.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=257&products_id=21293

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=257&products_id=23025

the ex33 and ex34 fit, and can be disassembled if you dont want/need the hdd racks.

I have EX-33, yes it can be dissasembled, but there is a problem - you have nothing with which you can fix it to the case. The holes for case are few milimeters deeper in case than depth of the EX-33 front part.

Wow, JDM. Great photos.

Any tips for a guy who wants to setup his own photo-shoot? I don't have lights inside the case, so I'm finding it a challenge to photo a black Lian-Li with a black motherboard.

This was a freebee job from a good friend. I think you should play around with the ISO settings, never hold the camera directly, and never use direct light on the subject. (tripods are your friends)

Also shoot on a white background.

Wow, JDM. Great photos.

If your camera can do it, shoot a long exposure, 30 seconds is a good number to pickup the shadows. Careful to not blow out the highlights though.

I recommend not bumping up the ISO unless you have to, that can produce unwanted grain depending on your camera.

Damn, it's been a while since I logged in. I'm about to start my new setup with another Lian-Li case very soon so I'll be posting some pics.

:eek:Yes...is there any way we can get a list of mods done to this case, and the full system spec? Love it

I have a bunch of my work in my worklog at XS. Feel free to check it out.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=191541

Systems specs:
Lian Li V2000 custom painted by Smooth Creations
Asus Commando
Intel E8500
Corsair PC-8500 2x1gb Dominator
Nvidia 9800GTX
2 Seagate 400gb in Raid 0
Corsair HX620

Water cooling:
Aqua Computer Double Impact
XSPC 9800GTX copper block
Swiftech MCP-655b
Thermochill PA 120.2
Ek Multi-Option Res 150
Feser 3/8"ID 1/2"OD UV Blue tubing
Koolance compression fittings
Aqua Computer hard drive cooling, pump, res, dual radiator loop

More pics:

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

IMG_2076.jpg

IMG_2072.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

IMG_2079.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2020.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

check out my Lian Li v200 setup. the water cooling kit is a set(2) of coolit freezone units moded together.

Foxconn MB - 790gx
athlon 9950 phenom
Saphire 4870 1Gb
6Gb corsair ram
WD 300Gb Veloci Raptor HDD
WD 1Tb hdd
creative X-Fi extreme gamer
Lian Li v2000+ case
uber cool custom water cooling setup

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0002-1.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

I have a bunch of my work in my worklog at XS. Feel free to check it out.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=191541

Systems specs:
Lian Li V2000 custom painted by Smooth Creations
Asus Commando
Intel E8500
Corsair PC-8500 2x1gb Dominator
Nvidia 9800GTX
2 Seagate 400gb in Raid 0
Corsair HX620

Water cooling:
Aqua Computer Double Impact
XSPC 9800GTX copper block
Swiftech MCP-655b
Thermochill PA 120.2
Ek Multi-Option Res 150
Feser 3/8"ID 1/2"OD UV Blue tubing
Koolance compression fittings
Aqua Computer hard drive cooling, pump, res, dual radiator loop

Cheers, thank you.

PM Sent:D

Niiiiiiice mcp, love the white. Did you paint the memory?

Also, where did you get the smaller vandal switch for the reset button?

Niiiiiiice mcp, love the white. Did you paint the memory?

Also, where did you get the smaller vandal switch for the reset button?

Yes I painted the Ram HS. Normally they are black.

I go the smaller vandal switch from performance-pcs.com.

Thermaltake Blac-x...

Basically a little e-sata/USB adapter for SATA drives... just drop one in and hit the power button... walla :D

External drive without the case, and you can swap drives way faster.

I've been meaning to get one/two for work ...

Basically a little e-sata/USB adapter for SATA drives... just drop one in and hit the power button... walla :D
The word is "voilà", not "walla". :rolleyes:

I have the eSATA BlacX and it works well. In theory the drive runs as fast as if it were plugged into internal SATA. In practice, it's faster than when I used a USB box, but I don't know if it's full-SATA speeds. The problem I find is that Vista isn't very aware of eSATA: I have to "Refresh" in Device Manager for the drive to show up, and then there's no "Safely Remove" for the drive.

P.S. My eSATA controller is a SiI 3132 PCI Express card, with one internal SATA and one eSATA port. Maybe I'm using the wrong drivers or something.

I'm using this-

parts.jpg

I have a 160gb 2.5" hdd in it,which when plugged into the bay in my pc,runs the drive at full sata speed.I have my sata mode on my board to ahci so it will hot swap to.I can plug it in and out without having to safely remove it or at all.

I got tired of all red so I decided to try something a bit different...

IMG_2933.jpg

IMG_2893.jpg

IMG_2904.jpg

These are the only wires visible in my case :D

IMG_2896.jpg

I'm thinking I might make some custom pieces to go inside the case out of Lexan... unless I find a material I like better.
I also just picked up a Xigmatek HDT-S1283 and threw that in.

and here it is with my blue fans... I can't decide :confused:

WhiteRedandBlue2.jpg

the thermostat blacX is amazing for saving data and accessing HDD;s that you do not want to mount in the system

TooBooKoo - seeing your build makes me want to pull everything out of my TJ09 and put my "spare" V1200 into use!!! Nice setup!

TooBooKoo - seeing your build makes me want to pull everything out of my TJ09 and put my "spare" V1200 into use!!! Nice setup!

Thank you... I appreciate that.
It would be hard for me to choose between those two... I think the TJ09 is one of the top 5 most beautiful cases ever.

Thank you... I appreciate that.
It would be hard for me to choose between those two... I think the TJ09 is one of the top 5 most beautiful cases ever.

That's what makes it a tough call . . . it's hard to beat the TJ09 on both looks and function but it's just a hard to let a nicely windowed V1200 Plus sit there unused.

AND . . . I did just get a QX9650 that needs to be put in . . . and if I'm going to be taking some things apart anyways . . . we'll see . . .

Nice job Mcp

:( But the black and white scheme, is what I was planning do. :mad:You are a BIG MEANY!!!!!
:D All joking aside nice work, cant wait to see some more pictures.

What lighting are you using for the front and was it difficult to install?

I am just using a pair of 12" Logisys white cold cathodes.
Mounting them is really simple... but I recommend some good double sided tape. I use 3M 4010 as recommended by Bill Owen over at MNPCTech... this stuff is serious, yet easy to remove if needed. You can find this online everywhere, and maybe locally at WalMart.
Anyway, all you do is put the tape on the square ends of the c.c. tube and slide it down in front of the case, you should see where the can mount them once you put them in there. Then I just mounted the inverter for the tubes on the backside of the 5.25" drive cage.

Back