The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Looking for a stick or two of DDR 3 SDRAM
Any size and any speed as long as it is a DIMM and for a desktop (EX. Unbuffered no ecc) and not server memory
Thanks

I can offer up a pair of 1gb sticks if that'll work.

would anyone have a good i3 chip that I can borrow to test a 1155 board? I will pay mailing costs to and from me.

starhawk: I will look again for that fan

thanks

An 1155 'pentium dual core' can be had for really cheap and shoudl do what u need

Celerons have some resell value as well. If I didn't just sell my g1630 a week or so ago I would totally do that. good luck.

I would have said you can buy a 2500k here, test, and flip on ebay, but the bottom fell out on 2500k's it looks like.

An 1155 'pentium dual core' can be had for really cheap and shoudl do what u need

thanks for the advice. but was trying avoid doing that since I have an i3 2100 es chip that is purported not to work with certain boards. I just don't fill the need to take apart my 2500 rig just for that.

anyone have a btx case? I have an hp btx 1155 board that I had bought with a 1155 chip from an ARS member. only thing is it uses a hp proprietary power supply and btx case. I believe he still has the case and psu. If anyone is interested in the board, they can have it for the cost of mailing bout $13 in a medium usps flat rate box.

lol. I'm in the same boat. Those prices for sony brand ones are crazy!
Yep . chines crap is for 10$ or so , but i don't really want to buy it.. i'd rather pay same for used original controller

bought ps3 for a long time ago , but i think i only used it twice or so, don't like playing alone on console : D

Im looking for a cheap core 2 duo chip, preferably a E8400 if someone has.

Looking for a 3.5" or 5.25" front panel media reader with at least 2 USB ports and a black panel 5.25" SATA optical drive - at least a DVD-RW. Doesn't have to be fast. BD-ROM ideal - does not have to be free or for shipping cost.

would anyone have a good i3 chip that I can borrow to test a 1155 board? I will pay mailing costs to and from me.

starhawk: I will look again for that fan

thanks

i3 chip no longer needed. I forgot bout an i3 system that I had bought at a pawnshop recently. board tested good. its the engineering sample chip that's not playing fair. tested on both system board and zotac board with nothing showing. member had already said it wont post on asus and asrock boards. wont post on a dell system board or a zotac board. ideals anyone?

the 1155 btx hp system board is still available for anyone.

Looking for a 3.5" or 5.25" front panel media reader with at least 2 USB ports and a black panel 5.25" SATA optical drive - at least a DVD-RW. Doesn't have to be fast. BD-ROM ideal - does not have to be free or for shipping cost.

pretty sure i have a media reader from a dell. pretty generic looking one. i will check when i get home.

i3 chip no longer needed. I forgot bout an i3 system that I had bought at a pawnshop recently. board tested good. its the engineering sample chip that's not playing fair. tested on both system board and zotac board with nothing showing. member had already said it wont post on asus and asrock boards. wont post on a dell system board or a zotac board. ideals anyone?

the 1155 btx hp system board is still available for anyone.

sort of tempted. my 1155 rig took a crap months ago and I've been using my old DDR2 era AM3 rig at home ever since. Havent found the time or money to replace it.

Unfortunately, this front panel hub has everything except for usb ports :(

Not asking for a total freebie here, will pay fair price if something looks good enough.

Looking for a small (the smaller, the better) mITX case with ~120-200 Watt PSU. Full height slots not needed as I'm using onboard graphics. This is for a charity build. Really don't want to have to put my only good (expensive) extra PSU in a gigantic case.

let me know what you need or want, everything will be shipped out usps must cover shipping so send me a zip code along with what you need.

3 - AMD Heatsinks 939, AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+ (not sure on what others it fits and not sure on how many watts these will be good up to assuming 95?)
2 - Intel heatsinks socket 775 one is a stock copper bottom cooler and the other is a cheap after market rosewill no copper so once again..dont know what rating they are good till.
1 - socket 939 backplate and retainer
1 - random heatsink pulled from a dell system a long time ago..dont have anything for it cause it was attached the to casing maybe someone can do something with it.
1 - 2 port kvm port ps2 switcher
1 - dvd rom drive IDE
1 - sound blaster audigy 2 z5 tested working on 1 song
3 - pci dial up cards
1 - pci ethernet card
1 - speaker to connect to motherboards for trouble shooting
1 - ps2 keyboard to usb adapter
1 - amd 939 sempron 3200 tested good
1 - amd 939 athlon 3500 tested good
1 - intel 775 celeron 420 1.6ghz untested
1 - intel 775 pentium d 805 2.66ghz untested
this is the weird heatsink, so maybe someone will have use for it.
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx249/walks0nwater/10943266_791337890913455_580204221_n.jpg

Last edited:
2 - Intel heatsinks socket 775 one is a stock copper bottom cooler and the other is a cheap after market rosewill no copper so once again..dont know what rating they are good till.

These pushpin type or bolt-through with backplate? I'm probably most interested in the copper one. If it's complete (with fan and working pushpins or backplate), I've got dibs :D

Anyone got a 2-4gb CF card they don't need anymore? I just got a shiny firebox and want to load pfsense on it. I would get one off ebay, but I don't trust cf cards from there.

if anyone have an Otterbox case with belt clip for a Moto G first version that they are no longer use or need, I will pay the mailing costs or something a little more for it. just send me a pm.

Last edited:
I should have a hoarder amount of the fan screws...will check tonight

Update, must have cleared them out..didn't have even one left

Last edited:
pretty sure i have a few fan screws at home. I'll check when i get there if the other guys come up empty.

Anyone have a cheapo low power PCI-E video card that has HDMI out. I can pay, just don't want to pay an arm and a leg for a new one.

pretty sure i have a few fan screws at home. I'll check when i get there if the other guys come up empty.

Anyone have a cheapo low power PCI-E video card that has HDMI out. I can pay, just don't want to pay an arm and a leg for a new one.

like dang should've posted earlier. I just sold a gt120.

I dont need alot maybe about 12 or 16. Somehow I just dont have any. I cant explain that.

I am also looking for red LED fans.Im doing a red themed build and have only 1. poop on that.

Last edited:
Looking for a replacement mobo for my Phenom II X4 955 (Socket AM3). Don't need much with it. 2 PCI-e slots. 4 RAM slots (hopefully supports DDR3 1600).

My board is flaking out. 2 RAM slots dead and onboard sound is flaky as well. Anyone have something laying around? Going to try to post my list of available stuff soon. Bunch of new 3.5" SATA drives (120, 256GB) and other random stuff that might be useful to others.

I dont need alot maybe about 12 or 16. Somehow I just dont have any. I cant explain that.

I am also looking for red LED fans.Im doing a red themed build and have only 1. poop on that.

PM me your address if you still need them.

Looking for a 450w or so working psu to try in my old q6600 rig that just fried. The old psu went up in smoke and don't know what caused it. I don't want to try my new build psu incase something else took it out. Just want to see if the old mobo and stuff works or if that's fried too.
Pm me if you have one with price shipped to zip 53963
Thanks

Looking for a 450w or so working psu to try in my old q6600 rig that just fried. The old psu went up in smoke and don't know what caused it. I don't want to try my new build psu incase something else took it out. Just want to see if the old mobo and stuff works or if that's fried too.
Thanks

here's an idea. try checking your local thrift store if one is available in your area while waiting for a reply here. that way u can cover all bases.

Been going to 3 different ones for years. Only computer I've ever seen I bought for parts over 15 years ago. Been trying craigslist tho and will check garage sales if I don't find one before they start.

Thanks

I have an old Tt or antec floating around, but it'll cost like $10 or so to ship. but for a couple bucks more you can get a crappy/ok one that'll at least serve your needs on amazon

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back