The Devs Discuss Cyberpunk 2077 Demo Stream

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
The fine folks over at IGN are killing it today with Cyberpunk 2077 coverage. They just upped a "Devs Discuss" video that covers the huge gameplay video that was streamed this morning, to many folks enjoyment.

Check out the video.

IGN sat down with Level and Quest Designers Miles Tost and Patrick Mills from CD Projekt Red to talk about their demo, why they released it to the public, and what we can expect next from Cyberpunk 2077.

I don't play singleplayer games, but this does look amazing and different to everything else out there. CDprojectRed has done a great job on this one and I'm glad they are running their own show and taking their time to finish the game unlike most of the western based developer studios that are under the thumb of EA/Activision/Square Enix.

I don't play singleplayer games, but this does look amazing and different to everything else out there. CDprojectRed has done a great job on this one and I'm glad they are running their own show and taking their time to finish the game unlike most of the western based developer studios that are under the thumb of EA/Activision/Square Enix.
I wouldn't place SE with the likes of EA and stuff. The part of SE that over see western developers is pretty solid. SE of Japan on the other way has totally lost their way. It is a good thing they don't meddle with the western developers.

I wouldn't place SE with the likes of EA and stuff. The part of SE that over see western developers is pretty solid. SE of Japan on the other way has totally lost their way. It is a good thing they don't meddle with the western developers.
Oh trust me they do. Fucked over Psyonix real good.

It's weird that this isn't exciting me that much. The Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time and I'm a huge sci-fi fanatic, and I've always enjoyed the cyberpunk subgenre. It doesn't have that WOW! factor to me that it seems to have for others here. It just doesn't look like it's offering anything particularly fresh over the likes of Deus Ex. Of course it's early days and this is but a teeny-tiny sliver of the gameplay, so I hope to find more reason to become excited as time goes by.

dang it, shouldn't have watched the vid

looks kinda bland and boring. Visuals and animation are current gen too. And way too much GUI - noise on screen.

was expecting something like W3 pre-downgrade trailers levels of awesomeness, from all the preview articles by game journalists ....

dang it, shouldn't have watched the vid

looks kinda bland and boring. Visuals and animation are current gen too. And way too much GUI - noise on screen.

was expecting something like W3 pre-downgrade trailers levels of awesomeness, from all the preview articles by game journalists ....

now they know what "current gen" consoles can do - and were burned with w3 2013 trailer vs 2015 ingame backlash... plus console version parity crap... but you can mod that lighting/shaders/textures back if You want it (only on pc though)

Last edited:
now they know what "current gen" consoles can do - and were burned with w3 2013 trailer vs 2015 ingame backlash... plus console version parity crap... but you can mod that lighting/shaders/textures back if You want it (only on pc though)

Pretty much. After the W3 backlash CDPR is going to be a bit more conservative on what they show.

But yes, the CPUs on this crop of consoles is really limiting to what devs can do. This might be the first console gen ever where CPU performance DECREASED from the previous one.

It's weird that this isn't exciting me that much. The Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time and I'm a huge sci-fi fanatic, and I've always enjoyed the cyberpunk subgenre. It doesn't have that WOW! factor to me that it seems to have for others here. It just doesn't look like it's offering anything particularly fresh over the likes of Deus Ex. Of course it's early days and this is but a teeny-tiny sliver of the gameplay, so I hope to find more reason to become excited as time goes by.

Deus Ex is pretty much everything I want in a game and this seems to be that, but with a much larger scale. I'm pretty hyped for this one.

I personally separate the "Square" (who I detest) from the "Enix" (who I adore).

If the UI holds up, I really dig how they integrated it into the game play itself. Great way of indirectly explaining it with body mods clinic. It clearly needs plenty of polish passes and optimization. I cannot begin the fathom how complicated scripting out the entirety of a game that will be even bigger then the Witcher. First person was most certainly the way to go!

easy buy. I could never get into witcher but impressed at the dev and know it was a good game.

a better Deus Ex isn't bad either.

im normally not a single player RPG type person, but this looks fantastic and fun, can't wait :)

thus the disappointment at them not pushing the envelope despite the resources and goodwill they have.

This game is one of the games I've been waiting to see for a number of year since it was first announced. I must say I was not disappointed. For those always screaming "THEY ARE GOING TO DOWNGRADE THE GRFX' ......just stop. You obviously don't understand that part of playing a great game isn't solely based on the graphics.. If that was the case then you are missing out on some amazing games that have decent graphics that aren't spectacular. I've played some games that have amazing graphics and the game play was horrible and hated the game.
CDPR has some serious creds with the Witcher series that tells me it will look good and play just as well.

I cannot wait for this game to come out!! :cool::woot:

Can't wait!

giphy.gif

From my understanding almost everyone you encounter in the game is human, they just have a varying level of implants.

wow that game preview really got me for some reason. maybe because its so "Scifi" and what not. i may be too lazy to do fps although i thought the same way about mass effect 1/2 and ended up loving it.

Deus Ex is pretty much everything I want in a game and this seems to be that, but with a much larger scale. I'm pretty hyped for this one.

Pretty much, I fucking LOVE cyberpunk games. One of my favorite MMO's was Neocron and Deus Ex is still pretty much up there as my top 5 games. Didn't care for Witcher, honestly think I've been burned out on fantasy genre ever since WoW so this is a HUGE breath of fresh oil and neon.

wow that game preview really got me for some reason. maybe because its so "Scifi" and what not. i may be too lazy to do fps although i thought the same way about mass effect 1/2 and ended up loving it.
If have have ever played the Deus Ex games and liked those, this game really reminds me of that but higher detail and more open game play DE:MD was more open but I still felt like it was limited. The RPG level is deeper and the detail they put into this is just insane. I'm buying into the hype cuz I've been waiting to see this game since it was announced many years ago.

I'm also a fan of Deus Ex. I'm cautiously optimistic for this game, even though I am completely unfamiliar with the Cyberpunk franchise (if there is one) or what it is based on. I'm guessing it has something to do with the Neuromancer novel series by William Gibson?

I'm extatic that it is a First Person title, but apparently a lot of console peasants aren't fans of this. I just don't understand that. Personally I refuse to buy any titles that are not First Person. I cannot stand the 3rd person over the shoulder perspective. Only titles I play that are not first person, are strategy games with map-style views.

Back