The 32 inch 4k IPS 144hz's...(Update - this party is started) (wait for it...)

Why not? You buy both of them to compare then you can see the contrast immediately. I saw the difference long time ago. PG35VQ doesn't even have many problems as X32FP except the scanline issue which is being fixed.

Don't you have PG32UQX? If you want to compare IPS contrast then PG32UQX can have even more contrast in SDR than X32FP in HDR. The backlight of X32FP simply doesn't go as deep.

And OLED doesn't even have correct brightness in the first place. Without brightness, infinite contrast is useless.

Do you lack a Friday?
PG32UQX more contrast than X32FP?

Man you smoke.

PG32UQX panel has a mere 1000:1 contrast in SDR while X32FP uses a newer panel that boosts the contrast by 20% with a 1200:1 contrast in SDR.

Why do you talk without knowing things?
Do you work for Asus? Do you need to protect your toy like a kid? Or do you simply need to trash a product?

I have that monitor but never used kvm.
Have you checked this review?

I have seen it and sadly in the KVM discussion at 25:11 he says he doesn't use KVM and hasn't tested it due to how much else goes into the review. On paper it could and in reality it hopefully does work as I hope, but am hoping to to verify before committing to the long drive to Micro Center.

On a side note, does any know why the X32 FP is out of stock most places? Hoping it is just supply chain issues and not QC issues or stopping of production.

I have seen it and sadly in the KVM discussion at 25:11 he says he doesn't use KVM and hasn't tested it due to how much else goes into the review. On paper it could and in reality it hopefully does work as I hope, but am hoping to to verify before committing to the long drive to Micro Center.

On a side note, does any know why the X32 FP is out of stock most places? Hoping it is just supply chain issues and not QC issues or stopping of production.
why not try the KTC M32P10?

why not try the KTC M32P10?
Aside from one (Chinese I believe) review, there is no actual validated data for it out there. It is promising, and if everything works as advertised without hidden issues then it would definitely be a contender to the X32 FP. The KTC one does have double the mini LED zones of the X32 FP, and the slightly slower refresh rate/halved USB-C PD/halved USB-A ports aren't necessarily a deal breaker.

With regards to the KTC M32P10, it's $1300 -> $1000 sale expired on Newegg yesterday and it's price updated to $1000 -> $920 sale. I am hoping for some proper reviews of it soon.

I did also consider the INNOCN 32M2V, but it's lack of a proper KVM and general poorer reception than the X32 FP has it not as a final contender.

Aside from one (Chinese I believe) review, there is no actual validated data for it out there. It is promising, and if everything works as advertised without hidden issues then it would definitely be a contender to the X32 FP. The KTC one does have double the mini LED zones of the X32 FP, and the slightly slower refresh rate/halved USB-C PD/halved USB-A ports aren't necessarily a deal breaker.

With regards to the KTC M32P10, it's $1300 -> $1000 sale expired on Newegg yesterday and it's price updated to $1000 -> $920 sale. I am hoping for some proper reviews of it soon.

I did also consider the INNOCN 32M2V, but it's lack of a proper KVM and general poorer reception than the X32 FP has it not as a final contender.
Didn't even know newegg had it. its been on amazon for $1k. I'll have to look at newegg's return policy

Asus official link:
https://rog.asus.com/articles/gamin...m-hits-the-sweet-spot-of-size-and-resolution/

Don’t get wrong I’m interested to see what the new 4K OLED 32 can do, but my enthusiasm for OLED has diminished over time given their inherent limitations. It will be plagued by the same limitations that OLED cannot escape: limited brightness (), suboptimal sub-pixel layout, threat of burn-in and reduced peak brightness over time. Who wants to spend > $2000 for a monitor that might die in 3 years or less?

Ok I’ll admit it looks sexy…all aboard the Asus hype-train :)

View: https://youtu.be/nLTrTzP0vig

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabe3
like this
Do you lack a Friday?

Man you smoke.

PG32UQX panel has a mere 1000:1 contrast in SDR while X32FP uses a newer panel that boosts the contrast by 20% with a 1200:1 contrast in SDR.

Do you work for Asus? Do you need to protect your toy like a kid? Or do you simply need to trash a product?
I believe the user who made the post you commented on has been sent on a long vacation from here based on the blessed silence.

Do you lack a Friday?

Man you smoke.

because you do ips vs ips, not ips miniled 1152zones vs ips miniled 512zones lol

why i need to spend 3000dollars and disable the main tech behind it and do a no sense vs lol

maybe if were possible disable per pixel oled light maybe you would do it and then put against a normal lcd backlight contrast, i suppose XD

Gen 2 QD OLED and it is STILL limited to just 400 nits on a 10% window...oh well I'm still getting one anyway and just gonna pray it doesn't have issues like the PG27AQDM has, although I'm not holding my breath.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230823_092209_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230823_092209_YouTube.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 1
I ended up returning the pg32uqxr - randomly the screen would go black for 3-4 seconds when gaming in HDR, almost like it was overheating or something. Also, did not realize it has fans (couldn't tell if had 1 or 2) until I heard them humming away.
Dammit, I was hoping for the PG32UQXR to be the perfect working+video monitor. Are you sure it has fans? Was it not advertised as having a huge (passive) heatsink somewhere? That's what I remember..
Now I see the X32FP as my only other option, since a monitor that makes noise is not acceptable.

Gen 2 QD OLED and it is STILL limited to just 400 nits on a 10% window...oh well I'm still getting one anyway and just gonna pray it doesn't have issues like the PG27AQDM has, although I'm not holding my breath.
What issues does the PG27AQDM have?

Dammit, I was hoping for the PG32UQXR to be the perfect working+video monitor. Are you sure it has fans? Was it not advertised as having a huge (passive) heatsink somewhere? That's what I remember..
Now I see the X32FP as my only other option, since a monitor that makes noise is not acceptable.

View: https://youtu.be/CqRT06hFDL8

They still haven't fixed the red tinting problem with HDR enabled though.

Unfortunately, I'm positive it has fans. Air blows out the top on the left and right through some vents and you can hear the fan(s) humming along. I thought it wouldn't have fans since it doesn't have a gsync module (I was under the impression that was why a monitor has fans), but I guess that's not always the case!

Unfortunately, I'm positive it has fans. Air blows out the top on the left and right through some vents and you can hear the fan(s) humming along. I thought it wouldn't have fans since it doesn't have a gsync module (I was under the impression that was why a monitor has fans), but I guess that's not always the case!
I'm seriously thinking about a Noctua mod.. but I'll wait for some reviews first.

View: https://youtu.be/CqRT06hFDL8

They still haven't fixed the red tinting problem with HDR enabled though.

I got to try this out at a friends house and can't figure out if there was something wrong with his panel or everyone else is blind. Even on the latest firmware HDR looks like crap. Peoples skin looks like its glowing and the entire image in terms of dynamic range looks off.

He's decided to just get the LG.

I got to try this out at a friends house and can't figure out if there was something wrong with his panel or everyone else is blind. Even on the latest firmware HDR looks like crap. Peoples skin looks like its glowing and the entire image in terms of dynamic range looks off.

He's decided to just get the LG.

According to the monitors discord, Asus is still broken on RTX 40 series GPUs with the exact problem you are describing. Hence why I have no confidence for the upcoming qd oled to be any good.

its not ASUS's fault, thats on their panels suppliers fault, blaming the WRONG company
?

Are you aware that the following displays all using the same panels exist.

42:

LG C2/C3, KTC G42P5, Philips 42M2N89

27:

LG 27GR95QE, Corsair 27QHD240, Acer X27U

None of them suffer from the same issue. Whenever Asus doesn't have Nvidia over their shoulder like a teacher scrutinizing a students work (Gsync module), they are incompetent.

Last edited:
Pulled the trigger on an open-box X32 FP. Coming from an old 28" 60Hz 4K it is heaven in terms of image quality/speed/features. Sadly mine has an issue where with VVR on, when crossing the 120Hz threshold it goes black for 1-2 seconds making games that run around there unplayable with it on. Wasn't able to find anyone else experiencing the same issue so I am going to Warranty/RMA it and hope they can fix that. So long as that issue can be fixed, all other problems I have with it are just minor gripes (main one being the local dimming setting is not saved per profile but is rather a global setting).

Side Note: The open-box I got was Micro Center's display model and was given the impression by the staff they are no longer selling/stocking it. Hopefully there are just production/supply chain issues as it is out of stock everywhere else too.

So all monitors with the same panel has the same problem?

While it might be a panel wide issue (Note: Other comments indicate it is not), it can still be an Asus based issue as individual companies still handle a fair amount. I can't say exactly how complete of an electronics package the "panel" is, but it doesn't inherently cover OSD controls, the OSD, or most importantly the firmware (in it's entirety at least).

Regardless of whose fault it is, it does not reflect well on Asus for shipping a product with a pretty severe issue like that.

I wonder why the QD-OLED monitors drop in brightness so fast. The TVs do much better. Like my S95B caps out right around 1000 just like the monitor but can maintain that in a 10% window and is still at 600 in a 25% window. With brightness like that, you rarely have any issues in real content. However, the monitors drop off so fast I worry that you'll get more brightness limiting.

I wish they could get them up more in the realm of their TVs for brightness roll off.

Not only does the PG32UQXR have at least one fan, but it emits constant fan whine at 400 Hz (like a landline telephone dial tone), even at lowest brightness and less than 40 W power usage at the wall. Additionally it emits a high frequency screeching sound when HDR is enabled and displaying medium to bright content. The Acer X32 is dead silent for my no/low noise setup (PC fans running at only 500 rpm most of the time)! And while its chassis is cheapish plastic-ish with loud hollow clicks when you press the buttons, it offers more breathing space between internal component and backside and more venting holes.
1693862129158.png

The X32 FP unfortunately has some problems of its own, but with its history of multiple firmware updates some of these might be fixed (they improved quite a lot and offer a proper changelog with specific entries).

1. On my 2070 Super I get massive dropouts (black screens, panel turns off, PC freezes until hard reset) between 100-140 HZ (115-125 Hz being worst) when VRR is enabled in combination with DSC.

2. Local Dimming is heavily biased towards not creating halos for brighter content on darker backgrounds. This leads to loss of contrast and brightness in these zones, especially noticeable with SDR contnet like brighter text (light gray) on darker background (dark gray), similar to this very forum here. I wish it offered a fourth LD level like the more aggressive Asus, but overall I find the X32's LD algorithms to be superior to the Asus, especially with the choice of 3 levels (plus brightness control in SDR and HDR, which is disabled for both on the Asus when LD is used).

Both the X32 and PG32UQXR produce white-point/temperature shift for dimmed areas. So the dark gray background of this forum looks considerable warmer/more yellow-red than the colder gray halo around the text. This can be somewhat mitigated by using colder white-points to begin with and by using less aggressive LD levels on the X32 (the Asus only offers on/off).

3. I lost the panel lottery on the X32. It suffers from all the same backlight bleeding areas as the Asus, but not only worse in the same areas, but also suffering in additional areas. Especially the upper left corner suffers on both monitors on the upper edge. But the X32 adds a much worse bleeding area on the right upper edge that is even visible with (darker) content filling the area. I assume this to be specific to each single panel, though.

Last edited:
Pulled the trigger on an open-box X32 FP. Coming from an old 28" 60Hz 4K it is heaven in terms of image quality/speed/features. Sadly mine has an issue where with VVR on, when crossing the 120Hz threshold it goes black for 1-2 seconds making games that run around there unplayable with it on. Wasn't able to find anyone else experiencing the same issue so I am going to Warranty/RMA it and hope they can fix that. So long as that issue can be fixed, all other problems I have with it are just minor gripes (main one being the local dimming setting is not saved per profile but is rather a global setting).
I experience the same and found a limited workaround (see my post right before this one), but if it isn't fixed with a firmware update it might be a deal-breaker. No idea if more modern cards than my 2070 Super maybe have less issues with this.

Last edited:
I wonder why the QD-OLED monitors drop in brightness so fast. The TVs do much better. Like my S95B caps out right around 1000 just like the monitor but can maintain that in a 10% window and is still at 600 in a 25% window. With brightness like that, you rarely have any issues in real content. However, the monitors drop off so fast I worry that you'll get more brightness limiting.

I wish they could get them up more in the realm of their TVs for brightness roll off.

My uneducated assumptions is that it is an issue with scaling down of size. If the resolution is the same, then TVs can get away with physically larger OLEDs. Not only should that help with heat dissipation, but also allow for allow for more organic material in the emissive layer which I would assume also helps in terms of max output/longevity.

My uneducated assumptions is that it is an issue with scaling down of size. If the resolution is the same, then TVs can get away with physically larger OLEDs. Not only should that help with heat dissipation, but also allow for allow for more organic material in the emissive layer which I would assume also helps in terms of max output/longevity.
Isn't that a known fact from before that larger models are almost always brighter than smaller ones? Not sure if there are any specifics of QD-OLED though but would assume the same holds true there.

Isn't that a known fact from before that larger models are almost always brighter than smaller ones? Not sure if there are any specifics of QD-OLED though but would assume the same holds true there.
THIS is exactly right. The smaller the size, the harder it is to brighten because they use something called MICRO LENS ARRAYS.

These are essentially small lenses that magnify brightness between pixels? Sorry, I don’t have an engineering background, but the assumption it is tricky to make them small enough right now for sub-50 inch OLED displays.

The big downside is that LG Display won’t use META technology in all the panels it creates — in fact, only 55-inch, 65-inch and 77-inch 4K TVs will be produced with META technology. If you want, say, a brighter 42-inch or 48-inch OLED TV, you’re out of luck. Whatever TV you buy will be using older OLED technology.

Not only is that a disappointment for folks who want smaller sizes, but it can make things confusing for reviewers as well. When we go to review the next OLED TVs with META technology, we’ll have to be extra careful to denote that not every model in the range will have the same performance. The result is more reading of the fine print when you buy a TV.”

See this article:
https://www.tomsguide.com/features/...ghter-heres-the-secret-of-how-theyre-doing-it

THIS is exactly right. The smaller the size, the harder it is to brighten because they use something called MICRO LENS ARRAYS.

These are essentially small lenses that magnify brightness between pixels? Sorry, I don’t have an engineering background, but the assumption it is tricky to make them small enough right now for sub-50 inch OLED displays.

The big downside is that LG Display won’t use META technology in all the panels it creates — in fact, only 55-inch, 65-inch and 77-inch 4K TVs will be produced with META technology. If you want, say, a brighter 42-inch or 48-inch OLED TV, you’re out of luck. Whatever TV you buy will be using older OLED technology.

Not only is that a disappointment for folks who want smaller sizes, but it can make things confusing for reviewers as well. When we go to review the next OLED TVs with META technology, we’ll have to be extra careful to denote that not every model in the range will have the same performance. The result is more reading of the fine print when you buy a TV.”

See this article:
https://www.tomsguide.com/features/...ghter-heres-the-secret-of-how-theyre-doing-it

No, the smaller 27 and 45 inch panels do in fact use MLA. https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/c.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Glad I stumbled on this thread and forum. I am struggling to find a solution for both office / gaming, and would welcome/appreciate any recommendations.

Here’s what I’ve tried:

Innocn 27 mLED : I was actually ‘wow’d by this display, but I am in the process of replacing two old LG 4K 60hz monitors. Black levels were phenomenal and the screen was stupidly bright. Great for my home office which gets a lot of natural sunlight in it. Unfortunately, I couldn’t bear the silver chin of the monitor and ended up returning to Amazon.

Alienware 34DWF: Beautiful design, OSD, build quality and the panel is close to my old LG CX in terms of OLED wow factor. Major turn-offs for me (and why I’m returning it): brightness isn’t nearly as bright for my lighting conditions, and looks laughable compared to my work laptop (XPS with 4K OLED). TEXT CLARITY!!!!! Major booty. I am very accustomed to high PPI displays so this was a major dealbreaker for me.

Again - calling out for any recommendations that you guys would have for a best fit solution based on my needs. Many thanks in advance.

Glad I stumbled on this thread and forum. I am struggling to find a solution for both office / gaming, and would welcome/appreciate any recommendations.

Here’s what I’ve tried:

Innocn 27 mLED : I was actually ‘wow’d by this display, but I am in the process of replacing two old LG 4K 60hz monitors. Black levels were phenomenal and the screen was stupidly bright. Great for my home office which gets a lot of natural sunlight in it. Unfortunately, I couldn’t bear the silver chin of the monitor and ended up returning to Amazon.

Alienware 34DWF: Beautiful design, OSD, build quality and the panel is close to my old LG CX in terms of OLED wow factor. Major turn-offs for me (and why I’m returning it): brightness isn’t nearly as bright for my lighting conditions, and looks laughable compared to my work laptop (XPS with 4K OLED). TEXT CLARITY!!!!! Major booty. I am very accustomed to high PPI displays so this was a major dealbreaker for me.

Again - calling out for any recommendations that you guys would have for a best fit solution based on my needs. Many thanks in advance.
If you use a brightness of 140 or higher, I'd recommend the 32GQ950. It regularly goes on sale.

Back