The 32 inch 4k IPS 144hz's...(Update - this party is started) (wait for it...)

Yeah sure. So you can care about the actual 4K which is PG32UQX with better contrast even in SDR. But can you even afford to keep it though?
english-motherfucker.gif

Well, I guess we can kiss this thread goodbye now as well....sad.
This is why we cun't have nice things!

For the record, before thread lock. I have a G8 4k240 and Innocn 27 4k160

I enjoyed the HDR on the PG32UQX in bright games, was amazing...have some RAGRETS on selling but whatever.

If you guys want to debate you better afford monitors in the first place instead of imagining them in your head.

It's clear as day even PG35VQ has better HDR than X32FP which is enough to point out how much backlight cutdown X32FP has. Then when it is compared to PG32UQX, the X32FP HDR even loses contrast compared to SDR of PG32UQX.

It must be so hard for you to understand it properly.

If you guys want to debate you better afford monitors in the first place instead of imagining them in your head.

It's clear as day even PG35VQ has better HDR than X32FP which is enough to point out how much backlight cutdown X32FP has. Then when it is compared to PG32UQX, the X32FP HDR even loses contrast compared to SDR of PG32UQX.

It must be so hard for you to understand it properly.
The PG35VQ was a very nice monitor for its time....well except for all the QC issues it had off the bat. But 1440p sucks, it sucks ass and it sucks hard.... one might even say 1440p sucks hard ass.

The PG35VQ was a very nice monitor for its time....well except for all the QC issues it had off the bat. But 1440p sucks, it sucks ass and it sucks hard.... one might even say 1440p sucks hard ass.
When 1440P has better HDR than 4K then which sucks even more?

The HDR image quality is best on the PG32UQX/XG321UG/PA32UCG, but that's not the only important criterion. If you play fast games, motion clarity is more important in my opinion. Other displays offer much better motion quality with a very acceptable reduction in HDR image quality.

32" 4K is better for the immersive realistic HDR. The compromise in HDR is not worth it.

You have an average of 8 hours monitor usage per day in total and 1.5 hour of gaming per day. Do you really use 1.5 hours playing some 4K fast paced games with high tensions? 32" is good for casual fps games but too big for competitive fps anyway. You will end up with other monitors down size. And a slower 4-5ms panel is enough for casual fps as well. So 80% of time HDR will weight much more on other media consumptions.

I tried to replace PG35VQ multiple times with monitors such as X32FP to have triple 4K setup but other monitors just doesn't have better HDR enough to replace it. Maybe X329UCG will do it or whatever the Snowman's flagship.

The HDR image quality is best on the PG32UQX/XG321UG/PA32UCG, but that's not the only important criterion. If you play fast games, motion clarity is more important in my opinion. Other displays offer much better motion quality with a very acceptable reduction in HDR image quality.
I think this is where personal taste comes in for people. I play BF2042, FH5 and COD (all fast games), along with slower games like Jedi Survivor, MSFS2020 and Civilization. For me, I much prefer the HDR and color quality of the PG32UQX... the response time has never been an issue for me in any game. If the blur is there, I'd never be able to tell you if it was the panel or the games motion blur. It looks splendid to me and looks and performs the way I need it too.

I think this is where personal taste comes in for people. I play BF2042, FH5 and COD (all fast games), along with slower games like Jedi Survivor, MSFS2020 and Civilization. For me, I much prefer the HDR and color quality of the PG32UQX... the response time has never been an issue for me in any game. If the blur is there, I'd never be able to tell you if it was the panel or the games motion blur. It looks splendid to me and looks and performs the way I need it too.

I used to believe that too, but then I got a couple of OLED monitors (the 45GR95QE and the AW3423DW), and the Neo G8, and understood what people were talking about. It's a very noticeable difference when playing something like Doom Eternal on those vs the PG32UQX and the XG321UG that I have. I completely stopped playing fast games on the latter monitors after that. It's not some minor thing. Compare what you see when you move the mouse quickly in a game, and you'll be sold.

I used to believe that too, but then I got a couple of OLED monitors (the 45GR95QE and the AW3423DW), and the Neo G8, and understood what people were talking about. It's a very noticeable difference when playing something like Doom Eternal on those vs the PG32UQX and the XG321UG that I have. I completely stopped playing fast games on the latter monitors after that. It's not some minor thing. Compare what you see when you move the mouse quickly in a game, and you'll be sold.

It's a balancing act between image quality and motion clarity. Other people could say to the same to you about their 360Hz ULMB2 monitor that would blow away all of those displays you just listed when it comes to motion clarity. Would you be willing to go get a 360Hz ULMB2 monitor in that case then? No because you want something with real HDR right? Same deal in that some of us will just sacrifice motion clarity for HDR performance. My 32M2V obviously doesn't have anywhere near the motion performance of my LG CX, but the HDR performance to my eyes is far superior and that is a trade I'm willing to make.

The thing is (for me anyway), if I am playing a fast-paced game, while I use max graphics (because I am a graphics whore), it is not like I am staring at them when playing on the regular. I am just trying to win the match 99% of the time. On single players games, with max setting still, I am enjoying the graphics and scenery and not moving nearly as fast. I also sit at this monitor for 8 hours a day working, and this monitor does not even strain my eyes which is awesome. Games have never looked so good, and I came from a PG27UQ (which was the best HDR monitor for a while). I have no doubt the response time of an OLED would be noticeable, but that is where some people balance HDR and response times, while some go for straight up response times, while others like me simply want the best quality knowing response time "might" be noticeable in some situations. But I got to be real here, I have never noticed any response issues that are like "Uh Oh, this just ruined a game for me". More than likely I have written it off in my head as motion blur where it exists and never thought a moment of it. I actually tend to use motion blur (on low settings) in even fast paced shooter games because I like the smoothness is brings to a moving image.

They can reply ban people from individual threads, just FYI.
When I throw some hard facts known a year ago, it must be too hard for you to swallow.

These cutdown monitors like X32FP are for those who's uninitiated to HDR, who has missed the upgrade cycle, who cannot afford to keep the flagship at the very beginning. The cutdown isn't designed to stand against time.

It loses HDR compared to PG35VQ with 2 times less contrast. Its HDR doesn't even have more contrast compared to SDR of PG32UQX. It wasn't even much of an upgrade compared to PG27UQ.

The thing is (for me anyway), if I am playing a fast-paced game, while I use max graphics (because I am a graphics whore), it is not like I am staring at them when playing on the regular. I am just trying to win the match 99% of the time. On single players games, with max setting still, I am enjoying the graphics and scenery and not moving nearly as fast. I also sit at this monitor for 8 hours a day working, and this monitor does not even strain my eyes which is awesome. Games have never looked so good, and I came from a PG27UQ (which was the best HDR monitor for a while). I have no doubt the response time of an OLED would be noticeable, but that is where some people balance HDR and response times, while some go for straight up response times, while others like me simply want the best quality knowing response time "might" be noticeable in some situations. But I got to be real here, I have never noticed any response issues that are like "Uh Oh, this just ruined a game for me". More than likely I have written it off in my head as motion blur where it exists and never thought a moment of it. I actually tend to use motion blur (on low settings) in even fast paced shooter games because I like the smoothness is brings to a moving image.
The clarity during fast movement simply isn't there on the PG32UQX and similar. After using the AW3423DW and Neo G8, I can't go back for fast moving games. The PG32UQX has brighter HDR, but also more blooming and less contrast, so on the HDR front it's pretty mixed, while on the motion clarity front it's clearly inferior.

The clarity during fast movement simply isn't there on the PG32UQX and similar. After using the AW3423DW and Neo G8, I can't go back for fast moving games. The PG32UQX has brighter HDR, but also more blooming and less contrast, so on the HDR front it's pretty mixed, while on the motion clarity front it's clearly inferior.
I'm lucky enough to have a microcenter within 25 minutes of my house and I did not like the G8 when I went to MC to buy a new HDR monitor (got the PG32UQX there). To be fair, I HATE curved monitors anyway and of course you really can't test the games you want on these display monitors anyway when at the store. I also WFH, and flat panel is so much better for what I do.

It is entirely possible the response time is not an issue for me because I have used IPS displays for well over a decade, but the blooming on this seems better than it was on my PG27UQ while looking WAYYYYYY better as well.

There is not a single perfect monitor everyone should get; you simply make a list of what you are looking for in order of priority and check as many boxes as you can and go with that for your needs.

I'm lucky enough to have a microcenter within 25 minutes of my house and I did not like the G8 when I went to MC to buy a new HDR monitor (got the PG32UQX there). To be fair, I HATE curved monitors anyway and of course you really can't test the games you want on these display monitors anyway when at the store. I also WFH, and flat panel is so much better for what I do.

It is entirely possible the response time is not an issue for me because I have used IPS displays for well over a decade, but the blooming on this seems better than it was on my PG27UQ while looking WAYYYYYY better as well.

There is not a single perfect monitor everyone should get; you simply make a list of what you are looking for in order of priority and check as many boxes as you can and go with that for your needs.
Agreed. That's the reason I have different setups for gaming and work. The best monitors for gaming are different from the best monitors for work, and I don't want a compromise solution.

Agreed. That's the reason I have different setups for gaming and work. The best monitors for gaming are different from the best monitors for work, and I don't want a compromise solution.
Yeah, I think we are probably 3~5 years out from a "perfect" monitor, that has amazing brightness, contrast, backlighting and response time all in 1 perfect 32" 4K package.

Yeah, I think we are probably 3~5 years out from a "perfect" monitor, that has amazing brightness, contrast, backlighting and response time all in 1 perfect 32" 4K package.
This would be great for gaming, but for work something larger would be better. I currently use the 40" LG 40WP95C 5K2K monitor, but could go even larger. The 57" 8K2K from Samsung will be very interesting.

This would be great for gaming, but for work something larger would be better. I currently use the 40" LG 40WP95C 5K2K monitor, but could go even larger. The 57" 8K2K from Samsung will be very interesting.
I'd jump on the 40" 5Kx2K wagon if one was made with high refresh rate and decent HDR. Eventually I guess. In the meantime, the Samsung 57" is probably it for me.

The 32" 4K category just has a lot of "sure, except this problem" products whether that "gotcha" is price, HDR support, pixel response time, bugs, stupid curvature etc.

For my setup, 32" is about as big as I can go based on my sitting distance from my monitor. I use 3 monitors on my Gaming / Work PC, with the PG32UQX in the center serving both work and gaming purposes.

I have no doubt the response time of an OLED would be noticeable

Actually it wouldn't be unless your are superhuman :)

It is kind of funny that the monitors which are now kind of outdated regarding response times, like the PG32UQX, would probably have been considered a high end eSports monitor not too many years ago. Glad at least to see there are some areas of actual progress with regards to gaming monitors these days, after several years of marginal updates (and talked about monitors that were never released).

Actually it wouldn't be unless your are superhuman

It is kind of funny that the monitors which are now kind of outdated regarding response times, like the PG32UQX, would probably have been considered a high end eSports monitor not too many years ago. Glad at least to see there are some areas of actual progress with regards to gaming monitors these days, after several years of marginal updates (and talked about monitors that were never released).
What's even funnier is that the fastest monitor still belong to 360Hz LCDs. They are brighter enough to have strobe to deliver 1000Hz motion clarity. However there isn't anybody doing 24/7 competitive eSport with an OLED because they cannot see due to brightness being too low.

I have used almost all monitors now (PG32UQX, NEO G8, X32FP, CoolerMaster GP27U, Zowie XL2566, AW3423DWF, PG27AQDM and LG CX55) and in regards to HDR performance they were just mediocre to good. No monitor blew me away in HDR. I really like brightness and in that regard the GP27U with firmware 1.2 and the PG32UQX (April 2021) were okey to good. But I would still like to have more brightness.

The bloom was almost the same on all monitors with MiniLED. The NEO G8, which should be better thanks to VA, was the worst for me in HDR on the desktop. Discord and Reddit in dark mode were atrocious.

The motion performance was only good on the NEO G8 and GP27U. The rest was awful for fast shooters except the OLED monitors and the XL2566 (1080p in 2023 🤢🤮).
I also heard that the PG27AQN is also a great choice with ULMB2, but I never tried it out.

I now have to decide between the GP27U and PG32UQX for office and HDR gaming.
My second monitor (PG27AQDM OLED) is for all the fast shooters and HDR games with a lot of dark areas and small highlights, but it is horrible for desktop usage thanks to the text fringing.
The AW3423DWF was way better than the PG27AQDM in terms of fringing, but it was still visible. I am waiting for the next generation of QD-OLED because the AW3423DWF was way better in terms of picture quality in comparison to the PG27AQDM. The 240Hz are a dream and more important for shooters like Siege and MW2. The upcoming 2nd gen QD-OLED panels with 34“ will also support 240Hz. It will instantly replace my current PG27AQDM. :)

Btw, why are so many panel wars going on here? 😅
OLED and LCD are both great technologies for different tasks. Every panel has its drawbacks, but that is okey until MicroLED arrives. In the meantime, I will stick to my dual monitor setup and get the best of both worlds. :)

Last edited:

Even if we are 3-5 years out from a monitor than can match the current best in class for each stat, there will be new monitors emphasizing a single stat that will be much better at it at the cost being underwhelming in the others just like the current situation.

At best we can hope that no new must have requirements become available so that all the compromises will be farther into the diminishing returns zone.

Does anyone own/have more info on the X329UCG? I've wanted to get ahold of the PA32UCG for a while, but I don't see myself finding one under ~$2k. The X329UCG looks to be significantly cheaper on taobao, and I know the two monitors are closely related, but nothing more than that.

P.S. If anyone has any tips on finding a PA32UCG in the ~2k price range, I'd love to hear :)

IMG_5855.jpg

Innocn 32" 32M2V vs the Acer x32 FP. So far the Inncon destroys the X32 FP.

Better contrast, better screen coating, and a night and day difference with HDR. On top of all that the Acer x32fp's software is a disaster, HDR works 20% of the time if you're lucky

View attachment 582352

Better contrast, better screen coating, and a night and day difference with HDR. On top of all that the Acer x32fp's software is a disaster, HDR works 20% of the time if you're lucky

The X32FP's software still sucks even after the firmware updates? That's a shame. I guess the only thing it's got going for it is slightly better motion clarity and 160Hz.

I have used almost all monitors now (PG32UQX, NEO G8, X32FP, CoolerMaster GP27U, Zowie XL2566, AW3423DWF, PG27AQDM and LG CX55) and in regards to HDR performance they were just mediocre to good. No monitor blew me away in HDR. I really like brightness and in that regard the GP27U with firmware 1.2 and the PG32UQX (April 2021) were okey to good. But I would still like to have more brightness.

The bloom was almost the same on all monitors with MiniLED. The NEO G8, which should be better thanks to VA, was the worst for me in HDR on the desktop. Discord and Reddit in dark mode were atrocious.

The motion performance was only good on the NEO G8 and GP27U. The rest was awful for fast shooters except the OLED monitors and the XL2566 (1080p in 2023 🤢🤮).
I also heard that the PG27AQN is also a great choice with ULMB2, but I never tried it out.

I now have to decide between the GP27U and PG32UQX for office and HDR gaming.
My second monitor (PG27AQDM OLED) is for all the fast shooters and HDR games with a lot of dark areas and small highlights, but it is horrible for desktop usage thanks to the text fringing.
The AW3423DWF was way better than the PG27AQDM in terms of fringing, but it was still visible. I am waiting for the next generation of QD-OLED because the AW3423DWF was way better in terms of picture quality in comparison to the PG27AQDM. The 240Hz are a dream and more important for shooters like Siege and MW2. The upcoming 2nd gen QD-OLED panels with 34“ will also support 240Hz. It will instantly replace my current PG27AQDM. :)

Btw, why are so many panel wars going on here? 😅
OLED and LCD are both great technologies for different tasks. Every panel has its drawbacks, but that is okey until MicroLED arrives. In the meantime, I will stick to my dual monitor setup and get the best of both worlds. :)
It seems you've returned a lot monitors but only afford to keep two. Time to get a 3rd and 4th.

Causal gamers never understand the specialty of peak performance like XL2566. As long as the monitor keeps you high up in the rank you won't care about 1080P in 2023 or in whatever years. It pretty much indicates how many of these forum users are TV users with consoles.

If you care about image quality instead then get the peak HDR monitors. Neither the best HDR nor motion performance is not going to happened on OLED disguised as a jack of all trades belong to mid-tier.

Does anyone own/have more info on the X329UCG? I've wanted to get ahold of the PA32UCG for a while, but I don't see myself finding one under ~$2k. The X329UCG looks to be significantly cheaper on taobao, and I know the two monitors are closely related, but nothing more than that.

P.S. If anyone has any tips on finding a PA32UCG in the ~2k price range, I'd love to hear :)
Better just pay $5000 for PA32UCG. It's a professional monitor make reliable HDR1400 unless you can pay even more for the indusial ones.

X329UCG is a DIY monitor for watching HDR1400 instead. A total attitude lower. It has 6 backlight modes in HDR for different preferences. If you don't have a good reference side by side you never know which one is more accurate.

It's cheaper because it doesn't have Dolby Vision. It's hotter due to less cooling. The panel can come with more dead pixels.

View attachment 582352

Did you update the acer's firmware? What about fast paced gaming blur?

It seems you've returned a lot monitors but only afford to keep two. Time to get a 3rd and 4th.

Causal gamers never understand the specialty of peak performance like XL2566. As long as the monitor keeps you high up in the rank you won't care about 1080P in 2023 or in whatever years. It pretty much indicates how many of these forum users are TV users with consoles.

If you care about image quality instead then get the peak HDR monitors. Neither the best HDR nor motion performance is not going to happened on OLED disguised as a jack of all trades belong to mid-tier.

Money is not the problem, but bad monitors are…

My skill should not be the issue here because I am a fairly decent player (Siege Plat-Champ, BF2042 8.55 KD) in my shooters. ;)

Why should I keep three, four or even five monitors on my desk? That is just silly.
The 240Hz OLED from ASUS has great motion clarity and very low input lag with the benefit of 1440p instead of 1080p. I know that you hate OLED, but it has its benefits. The only LCD options are the PG27AQN and XL2566 with backlight strobing. Nothing else has a chance when it comes to fast shooters and I decided for the OLED with the benefit of HDR for dark games like Resident Evil and Dying Light 2 with AutoHDR. I am pretty satisfied with my personal choice and my current setup in my room (LG CX 55“, PG32UQX and PG27AQDM).

@others

The X32FP still suffers from the broken HDR brightness. The PS5 menu is almost unusable because it so dark in HDR. Almost feels like 70 nits. I do not know why ACER tuned the X32 that way. I know that they tried to dark bias, but I think they did a bit too much. 😅
Also, the X32 does not save your local dimming setting independently in SDR and HDR.

One more thing to note is that only the PG32UQX did not black crush very fine details with local dimming enabled. My other monitors (NEO G8, X32FP and GP27U) all showed some sign of black crush in games like Splinter Cell Double Agent and Dying Light 2.

So far, the GP27U from CoolerMaster impressed me the most with firmware 1.2. HDMI 2.1, USB-C with 90 watts, very good motion handling and no overshoot at all refresh rates and very bright HDR. The only real problem is the VRR flicker with local dimming enabled, but it got tremendously better with firmware updates. Another update is already on its way, but no ETA at this time.

The only reason why I kept the PG32UQX was the 32“ size for immersion and office work. You really feel the slow response times of the PG32UQX, but it at least delivers very good HDR and colors.

Did you update the acer's firmware? What about fast paced gaming blur?

The blur on my unit was average to good for 4k and 160Hz. Definitely better than the PG32UQX, but worse than the GP27U and NEO G8. I could play shooters like Siege, Modern Warfare 2 and Battlefield without problems.
There was only one situation where the blur was a problem for me. The cockpit perspective in the stealth helicopter in Battlefield 2042 somehow made me motion sick because of the blur. The rest was fine though. :)

Thanks for the impressions- always good to hear feedback from someone who has used multiple monitors.
What do you do with the old monitor when you buy a replacement (I’m imagining a monitor museum in your basement) :D

Money is not the problem, but bad monitors are…

My skill should not be the issue here because I am a fairly decent player (Siege Plat-Champ, BF2042 8.55 KD) in my shooters. ;)

Why should I keep three, four or even five monitors on my desk? That is just silly.
The 240Hz OLED from ASUS has great motion clarity and very low input lag with the benefit of 1440p instead of 1080p. I know that you hate OLED, but it has its benefits. The only LCD options are the PG27AQN and XL2566 with backlight strobing. Nothing else has a chance when it comes to fast shooters and I decided for the OLED with the benefit of HDR for dark games like Resident Evil and Dying Light 2 with AutoHDR. I am pretty satisfied with my personal choice and my current setup in my room (LG CX 55“, PG32UQX and PG27AQDM).

@others

The X32FP still suffers from the broken HDR brightness. The PS5 menu is almost unusable because it so dark in HDR. Almost feels like 70 nits. I do not know why ACER tuned the X32 that way. I know that they tried to dark bias, but I think they did a bit too much. 😅
Also, the X32 does not save your local dimming setting independently in SDR and HDR.

One more thing to note is that only the PG32UQX did not black crush very fine details with local dimming enabled. My other monitors (NEO G8, X32FP and GP27U) all showed some sign of black crush in games like Splinter Cell Double Agent and Dying Light 2.

So far, the GP27U from CoolerMaster impressed me the most with firmware 1.2. HDMI 2.1, USB-C with 90 watts, very good motion handling and no overshoot at all refresh rates and very bright HDR. The only real problem is the VRR flicker with local dimming enabled, but it got tremendously better with firmware updates. Another update is already on its way, but no ETA at this time.

The only reason why I kept the PG32UQX was the 32“ size for immersion and office work. You really feel the slow response times of the PG32UQX, but it at least delivers very good HDR and colors.
You don't keep HDR monitors with far better image quality along with fast monitors. You put all the fast monitors entirely on another desk/side instead. The difference in image quality is too significant to ignore if you mix them side by side. Better get double or triple HDR monitors on one desk and get double fast monitors on another desk instead.

OLED is always crippled. The 240HZ OLED is not even that fast unless you need a boost in resolution to see. This is probably you are only a Siege Plat. Are you playing with console that needs a resolution boost due to lower rendering? I have been staying in PC Champion rank for quite a long time with XL2546s even before 360Hz monitors came out.

Thanks for the impressions- always good to hear feedback from someone who has used multiple monitors.
What do you do with the old monitor when you buy a replacement (I’m imagining a monitor museum in your basement) :D

I sell or return them. It is pretty hard to find a monitor that fits your personal expectations and needs. That is also the reason why I never force someone to buy one particular monitor. It is always a good idea to try out different monitors and pick the one that fits YOU the best. :)

kramnelis

Sorry, but that is just not practical. Why should I have two or three desks and 5-7 monitors in one room? No normal person does that and it would only fill up space in my room.

Do you really want to start arguing now and insult me because I prefer to use an OLED?

I am always in the Top 100 in Quick Match with my squad and we do not have problems to reach Diamond rank in Ranked.
I play on a pretty beefy system and do not care about 1080p. The 30 and 40 series of cards from NVIDIA are easily capable of driving 1440p with high refresh rates on esports titles. Why should I accept 1080p? The backlight strobing? I could not care less. That is a personal preference thing. Many people do not like backlight strobing and the benefits can only be felt in very special occasions.

And if you find 240Hz OLED “not that fast”, you should maybe get your eyes checked. It has sample and hold blur just like every display on the market, but that is to be expected. OLED with backlight strobing would completely destroy your beloved TN panel and eat it for lunch.

BUT GROUNDREAPER, THE BRIGHTNESS AND COLORS OF LCD ARE SO IMPORTANT AND OLED CAN‘T DELIVER IT WITH THEIR ABL AND LOW BRIGHTNESS.
WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THAT IN ESPORTS GAMES??? 😂😂

Back